• Published 20th Nov 2020
  • 359 Views, 4 Comments

22 Short Stories About SonTavia - TheOneAJ



22 short stories, of Sonata and Octavia living life

  • ...
3
 4
 359

Chapter IV, Playing In The Park—

--Or The One Where Octavia Finally Gets a POV story...



Octavia never considered herself a rich girl. Not so much because her family was super rich. They were more of a higher middle class. Instead, she considered her own personal poverty to be a mental one.

“Did you practice enough today?” her mother would ask. “Wouldn't want you to fall behind.

“Octavia, her mother said another day. “You’re not falling behind on grades are we?”

“No, mother.”

Sometimes, “Now really, Octavia, you need to work on your attitude sometimes.

Honestly, she didn’t need the money people would throw into her violin case as she played. It was something she learned quickly that was easier than to explain why she was alone in a park at this time of day. Often, they would even request she play a particular song. Which turned out fine by her as it gave her new music to experiment with. So Octavia wasn’t surprised when someone stopped in front of her. She was a little surprised to see her tip was in the form of a taco bag, and a little more so when she realized it was that blue girl from Taco Horn and the battle of the bands.

What was her name again? How long ago had that been? Weeks, months? It was rather forgotten with the ‘friendship’ games around the corner. Ah! That’s right, it was Sonata.

“Oh, um, hi,” Octavia said, lowering her bow to address the girl.

“Hey,” Sonata said, hands behind her back and tapping her feet. “Sorry, didn’t mean to bug you. I heard you playing, saw it was you, and um, well,” She kicked at the ground. “I can’t really spare money, but I have a few extra taco’s if you’d like.”

Octavia smiled warmly. “Well, thank you. Any requests for such a generous offer?”

Sonata blinked. “Oh, no! I just thought I’d try to be nice after,” she waved a hand in the air. “You know, everything. Maybe score some good points with the gods of this universe.” She paused, looking at Octavia’s instrument when she recalled something. “Hey, don’t you play the cello?”

“That’s more… Professional.” Octavia sighed. “Honestly, I don’t really need the money, or taco’s. This is more an escape for me from life’s expectations. Don’t have to worry about sounding ‘bad’ or anything.”

“If that’s bad,” Sonata scuffed, taking a seat next to her, “I’d pay a hundred tacos to hear what’s good.”

“Why, thank you.” Octavia blushed at that, taking one of the tacos. “Things going well for you?”

“As well as it can be for a powerless she-demon working at a minimum wage fast food place.” Sonata shrugged as joined in the meal.

“Eh, sorry about calling you that.” Octavia cringed at the ‘demon’ part.

“Nah, I deserve it.” Sonata waved off. The taco’s being gone in seconds. “So, um, well… I don’t really know how to make any kind of requests with the villioin. Sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Octavia smiled and picked up her instrument. “I just got in the mood for something you may like.”

Octavia felt a warm race through her heart, and she started to play one of her merrier melodies. Sonata watched, transfixed on the sweet, all natural music, which caused Octavia to smirk. And then, she found herself really starting to play.

Not to say Octavia never enjoyed playing. It was, with someone like Sonata watching, her feelings of joy soared. For awhile, she forgot about all her worries, stresses, what anyone thought about her, and smiled.

However, sometime on her high, she cautiously wonder if she might be under some spell again. As she did, she realized how much time had passed in a blur

“Shoot!” Octavia cried as she looked at the time. She then let out a little shrike as Sonata feel onto her, having lost herself in the music.

Prior too, she had been resting her head on her hand, and when Octavia stopped playing, she suddenly snapped out of her gaze the girl seemed to have on her.

“Sorry, sorry!” Sonata said, picking herself up.

“It’s quite alright,” Octavia assured as she helped Sonata up. “Although I’m afraid I must be going, or else I’ll have to play a hundred questions with mother.”

“Oh.” Sonata frowned. “I understand. You did amazing! For realizes.”

Corny as that was, Octavia found herself blushing.

As they stood up and Octavia was about to part ways, Sonata quickly asked, “Will I see you again sometime?”

Octavia turned to see Sonata shuffling her hands at the request, and immediately her mind went into overdrive into what that meant, and would entail if they became friends.

From her own friends, classmates, parents, parents aquentinces opinions, to how much time away from practice such a new friend would have. And yet, the joy set felt when playing for Sonata. The warmth she felt, and the joy. And while she stayed weary of the idea that some magical influence might have been involved, deep down, she knew that wasn’t the case. Or at the very least, a conscious mater in the sirens part.

Truthfully, Octavia felt good. More so than she had been in a long while. So, with a smile and a nod, she answered, “I’m here every Tuesday and Friday at this time.” Which wasn’t true right then, and the idea of being regular somewhere with Sonata had it’s own problems, but right then, as the blue girl smiled, Octavia found herself not caring.

“Perfect,” Sonata nodded. “I’m off Tuesdays. Can’t always promise to be here, stuff may come up. However, as you see, I get off on Fridays at this time. I’ll be sure to always show up then and bring some tacos.”

Octavia giggled. “I’ll see you then,” and with, while a hug might of been too awkward just then, she figured a hand shake would be the polite way to end it.

“Can’t wait,” Sonata beamed as their hands met.

Author's Note:

And with that, the stage is set! And, like Sonata said, I’ll be here, most, Tuesdays, and always Fridays.
Will see as, I have most ideas what to write, but may fall behind and only release a new story on Fridays.

If you’d like to help, you can motivate me in one of three ways;
-tell me in the comments why you liked, or even disliked, a certain chapter ❤️
-give me an idea for a short story set up with these two (no promises I’ll do it, but any ideas are valued and maybe I’ll one day write a longer story out of it) 🌟
-or, Become a sponsor of this series and others by visiting my Kofi page. just be sure to comment below you plan to sponsor me, and sponsor this particular story so I can keep track.

Also, Thank you BeautifulHorse for the new SonTavia fan art!
I’d show the picture, but when your stuck on mobile, what can you do? (Seriously if somebody knows how to answer that)
📱:derpyderp2: