• Published 20th Nov 2020
  • 358 Views, 4 Comments

22 Short Stories About SonTavia - TheOneAJ



22 short stories, of Sonata and Octavia living life

  • ...
3
 4
 358

Story III, Sonata Get’s A Job

She thought working at Burrito Drum would be a breeze. How wrong she was.

Then again, it wasn’t as if any of them were thrilled at the idea that, with no magic, they needed to get jobs.

So what was bad with working at a Mexican restaurant? Well, what was good about it?! Sure, the application was easy. Then again, not ever halfway through her first day, Sonata had a feeling they would of hired anyone who could count to ten and lift a pen.

From the rude customers, the mean co-workers, her boss stressing, learning quickly the importance of the phrase; if she could, lean then she could clean. Which happened a lot with the bathrooms, and as the new girl, she couldn’t really say no. Oh and if that wasn’t bad enough, she wasn’t allowed to eat any of the food while working!

Truly, this was tartarus.

“Welcome to Taco Horn,” she said, near the end of her shift. Exhausted, her uniform already stained, and ready to snap at the next ride customer, she took in a breath.

‘Just a little bit longer.’ She thought, but with a smile, said, “How can I-

She blinked at a familiar grey girl standing in front of her. Who looked just as surprised to see her standing behind the counter.

“Oh, hello there.” Octavia said. “Sonata, was it? Of the Dazzlings? Fancy seeing you here.”

Sonata sighed, and seeing no one was behind her, she allowed a little of her frustration from the day bleed through. “Here to make of fun of me too? Don’t worry, you’re not the first student to do so.”

Octavia frowned. “What, no! I mean, I’m sorry to hear that. Although I can imagine working here alone is punishment enough for the battle of the bands.”

Sonata huffed. “Sure.” She the muttered, “Now, can I help you, miss?”

Octavia started to say something, when one of her co-workers shouted, “Are you friking holding up the line again, kid!?”

Fist clenched, Sonata felt like crying. Only holding in tears in fears of getting fired.

“Um,” with that Octavia made her order.

“Thank you.” Sonata said as she placed her up.

No other words were said as Octavia’s meal was made. Once the food was brought out, Sonata rang her up, and Octavia paid in cash.

When Sonata gave her back her change, Octavia paused, and pulled out the larger of the paper bills.

“Keep the change,” Octavia said, handing it to Sonata. “You’re doing a good job. Excellent service.”

Sonata stared at Octavia’s sincere smile. “Um, thank you.” she said after the shook worn off.
“Have a... Have a good day.”

“You too.” Octavia said, walking away.

After that, she went to clean the bathrooms again. Alone, she did end up crying. However, it wasn’t so much in pain as it might of been a few hours ago.

Author's Note:

A/N based somewhat on a IRL experience I had with my brother when a new fast food joint opened in town. They were busy, the guy doing our ordering looked exsaughted, so he gave him a tip to brighten his day.
A little kindness can go a lot further than you think.
Also, I’m torn between Monday or Tuesdays for this bi-weekly thing. Too soon or too long a wait for the next? Let me know.