• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 4,072 Views, 65 Comments

Transformers Prime: Ponies in Disguise - RavageXeno



Starscream is given a final chance by Megatron, and ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
9
 65
 4,072

Chapter 8

“Ponies, please stop,” Haunt said sighing at the scene which was unfolding before her. Pinkie had backed the changeling up to the wall with her party cannon, which she had pulled from under the table. Flanking her was Rainbow who was hovering and waiting for Twilight - who was stood behind her - to give her the go ahead. Fluttershy was peering out from over the table and Rarity had moved around to comfort her. Starscream, Arcee, Bumblebee and Laserbeak were just sat there, as none of them really knew what was happening.

“Don’t worry your highnesses. We can handle this,” Twilight said without taking her eyes off of the changeling. Starscream got the distinct impression that she was slightly overreacting. Just a little bit. “Who are you, and what have you done with the real Nightshade?”

“I am the real Nightsshade,” the changeling said, wincing and turning her head away from Pinkie’s party cannon getting closer to her face.

“Twilight could you leave my lieutenant in one piece?” Haunt asked probably hoping to bring this absurd scene to an end. Which Starscream thought was unlikely.

“Can’t you see what is right in front of your eyes?” Twilight asked looking at Haunt with questioning eyes. “Maybe this imposter has addled your brain?”

“Thats enough!” Scar said whilst Pinkie, her party cannon, Twilight and Rainbow were gripped in a dark purple magical aura and moved away from the changeling. Rainbow after struggling for a few moments crossed her forelegs and glared at Scar.

“I don’t care much for Nightshade. But my sister does, and I won’t have you insult or upset her,” Scar said, but using the Royal Canterlot voice which nearly deafened the three offending ponies. Though he had cast a spell to slightly lower the volume for the other ponies still sat at the table. Well that was what Starscream hoped the dark purple bubble now covering half of the table was. “Sit.”

As soon as they were released from the spell they did as they were told and sat back down at their places. Knowing that she wouldn’t be attacked, Nightshade also joined them at the table. An awkward silence engulfed the table for a few moments, even Rarity had stopped talking to Fluttershy to comfort her and was merely stood there with her hoof on her shoulder. Mesmerised by the force of power which Scar had just shown. She was broken out of the trance by Fluttershy getting back onto her seat and nodding at her to return to her own seat.

“Sorry about that guys,” Scar said, breaking the silence. He seemed to have calmed down, though his eyes were still tinted red instead of his normal purple colour, and he looked tired, as if he was worn out by the amount of magic he had performed.

“No I sshould be ssaying I am ssorry,” Nightshade said watching with dismay as rainbow edged her seat closer to Twilight’s. “I sshould have told you who i wass earlier.”

“What, so we could freak out earlier? No,” Pinkie said stomping her hoof onto the table to emphasise her point. “If these ponies trust you then it’s our fault we overreacted. We’re sorry,” she continued, with the last line being repeated by Rainbow and Twilight. Though Starscream could tell by the cold looks given by the other two, they didn’t completely agree with the mare who was currently shaking hooves with the changeling.

“Erm, sorry to interrupt. But what’s a changeling?” Starscream asked, voicing what himself, Arcee, Bumblebee and Laserbeak were thinking.

“A changeling is a shape shifter. They take the form of someone you love and gain power by absorbing your love for them.” Twilight said, watching the changeling incase she did something. “How could you trust... this... thing to be your lieutenant?”

“This ‘thing’ as you put it is Nightshade Solanine. The Pony you traveled across Equestria with,” Haunt said tracing the line of the scar down her neck with her hoof. “And she saved my life.”

“She probably only did it because Chrysalis told her to,” Rainbow said, folding her forelegs and looking away from Nightshade. “To wrongfully earn your trust.”

“HA! Like I would do anything that vile Queen told me to do,” Nightshade said sneering at the name. “Sshe never listened to any of my ideass, to not ssteal poniess emotionss. Alsso we can feed off any emotion not merely love.”

“Then, why did...?” Fluttershy asked using her timid voice, but sitting straight in her chair, and putting on a brave face.

“I didn’t mean to upsset you, little Fluttersshy,” Nightshade said, smiling at her, but being careful to hide her fangs. “But what would you have done if a changeling had turned up unexpectedly in the throne room?”

“Thought it was another invasion,” Rainbow said, looking defeated. Though Starscream, Arcee, Bumblebee and Laserbeak just looked confused, so they had to briefly explain to them the events of the royal wedding.

“This is all very touching backstory,” Starscream said placing his hooves on the table, “but could you please direct me to this ‘Queen’ so that we can be on our way home.”

“I’m afraid it isn’t that simple,” Scar said, voicing Starscreams expected response to his statement.


They talked long into the night, considering various different options, before retiring to their rooms.

Their plan; go with Haunt to see the full extent of what they are up against, check on the device needed to return them home, and one added secretly to his own list by Starscream, run away and hide.

Currently, they were all waiting out in the courtyard for their transport to arrive, and Rainbow was using the spare time to teach Starscream how to fly in a straight line. Luckily, the windows he had flown through were already broken, and Twilight had needed practise on casting shields around her and her friends. Though it obviously had nothing to do with Pinkie repeating “Twitcha Twitch” and looking at Starscream.

Though after a while even them two had gotten bored and rejoined the others. Haunt had gone to get the transport, leaving her brother to stay with their guests. Starscream watched as Rarity kept following Scar around, almost pleading with him to come with them. By his slightly annoyed expression, Starscream guessed what the answer would continue to be.

Looking around, his gaze fell upon Nightshade, who was talking with Twilight, and for the first time since they had met in her true form in the sunlight. So he was able get a clear view of what she looked like.

Standing slightly taller than Twilight, she was now a deep matt black but her mane and tail were still the same dark purple/blue colour, but they now looked more like seaweed than hair. Her horn was now twisted and crooked, and she had light blue transparent insect-like wings.

Instead of her cape she now wore armour, a helmet and chest piece. The helmet was made out of metal and light purple in colour. Unlike the helmets of the Royal guards, the helmet was of pre-celestia changeling design (according to Nightshade), and as a result had three ‘spikes’ on it, each representing one of the three great kingdoms of old (as she put it). Changelings, ponies and dragons. Two of the ‘spikes’ curved from the bottom of the back of the helmet and were situated just below her jaw. The third went from its spot on her forehead to the back of the helmet, where it formed a sort of fin which ran down the back of the helmet.

The chest piece was made out of the same material and was the same colour, though parts of it were darker shades. A circle, containing Haunt and Scar’s coat of arms sat on her front, with two bands of metal leading off from it to either side. Before they joined up as they formed the back piece of the armour, and then curved around on either side of her flank, above her hindlegs. Two half moon shapes curved around where her forelegs emerged from the armour, with a third one protruding from the armour and curving around the shoulder joint. Between the two joints were curving bands of metal, which got increasingly darker the closer they got to the middle, until center one was almost indistinguishable from her black hide.

The most striking aspect of her new appearance to Starscream, was the holes that dwelled in her hooves and the bottom part of her legs. After talking to Arcee and Bumblebee for a moment on the subject of human/pony food, he grasped the meaning of the joke which Pinkie had used the night before. Which caused him to chuckle.

"Sstarsscream, what do you find sso funny?" Nightshade said glaring at him.

"I- uh... I... erm. Nothing," he said averting his gaze from her, as his wings angled downwards. Not believing his rushed excuse, she hopped over to him using her wings to find out the real reason. Which in turn made her laugh.

Knowing that he wouldn't be brutally murdered, he folded his wings on his back and began a conversation with her.

Eventually, the rhythmic pattern of wings reached their ears and they looked up as a large shape blocked out the sun.

Dropping out of the sky, a pegasus-drawn chariot landed gracefully in front of them.

"Ta-daa!" Haunt exclaimed as she jumped out the side of the chariot, using the wings for the small jump.

"Can't you arrive without making an entrance?" Scar asked smiling at her.

"Sorry brother," she said as she went up and hugged him, "but that would just be boring." He just laughed as he returned the hug. Ignoring the ‘touching’ scene going on in front of him, he turned his attention to their mode of transport.

If he had seen the chariots that Princess Celestia owned, he would have compared how similar they looked to each other, but he hadn’t. If he had, he would've thought that they were both of similar design and colour, except that the one in front of him was much longer, having two sets of wheels instead of just one. Though this one had the similarity of the chariot being designed like wings as it arched upwards from the back wheels. Unlike the other one the entrance was on the side, instead of the back which was blocked by rows of benches which started after a gap from the drivers seat, and increased in height the further back they were set in the chariot.

The sound of jingling metal and the stomping of hooves brought his attention to the front of the chariot. To where the ponies that were pulling the chariot were. Though he couldn’t really call them ponies.

Five robots were stood in harness in front of the chariot. The first two pairs of robots were slightly taller than Princess Luna and looked nearly identical to the robot that was in the throne room except that they had a webbed fin instead of a mane and their tails were similar to those on a griffin, being skeletal thin and ending in a small sheath of metal. All four of them were tugging and bucking at their harnesses, which had been secured to metal hoops which were set into the courtyard floor. Their ‘breath’ coming out in jagged bursts in clouds of vapour, which disappeared like smoke in the morning air. The most striking difference between them and the robot from yesterday was their golden dragon wings, which didn't seem capable of giving them sustained flight.

Standing proudly in front of the other robots, the lead robot wasn’t making a ruckus like his subordinates. He shared a similar design to his subordinates, but was closer in height to Princess Celestia than them and his tail tapered to a small dagger instead of a small sheath of metal. His gold plating was mostly covered by dark scorch marks, the remaining slivers of gold were found in the few scratches that adorned his metal hide, and on the tips of his wings. Which were folded neatly against his side.

His red, slightly demonic eyes scanned through the crowd of ponies, before they alighted on Haunt as she made her way over to him. Well Starscream assumed that it was a he, though he wasn’t completely sure.

“This is Pitch,” she said, flying slightly off the ground to stroke his head, to which he responded by nuzzling her hoof. “I was going to call him Shadowfax, but he didn’t seem to like that name.”

“Why do they seem... more feral than the other robot we saw?” Twilight asked, as everypony cast their attention to their transport. Seemingly responding to the comment, Pitch stamped his hoof on the floor a few times, creating a deep metallic thud which brought his subordinates into a vague semblance of order. Though the back pair of robots were still content with nipping at each other, consequently revealing their sharp teeth.

“For some reason, giving them the power of flight results in a strain on their mental processor, limiting their mental capacity,” Haunt explained.

“Huh..?” was the combined response from the group.

“Giving them wings limits their brain power,” Haunt said in an exasperated tone.

“Oohhh.”

“They are kinda funky looking for pegasus robots,” Rainbow said, moving closer to them for a better look, whilst they just ignored her.

“Their design is based off the bat ponies, which serve as Luna’s guards and live in caves deep within the mountains. I wasn’t allowed one of my own to serve as a guard, so I made my own,” Haunt said landing and standing next to her twin.

“Do they have a name?” Rarity asked, her attention momentarily distracted away from Scar, who used the moment to move further away from her.

“They all have their own names, ones that they generally pick themselves,” Haunt said, walking to the chariot to open the door set in the side. “Though to make things simpler they are known as the Seekers.”

“Is that so?” Arcee said looking quizzically at Haunt. “Back in our dimension we had Seekers, they were led by Starscream.”

“Speaking of our dimension, let’s get going so we can get back there,” Starscream said, whilst being the first to board the chariot. Ignoring his impatient remark the rest of them followed. Except for Rainbow.

“I don’t see why I need to bother with this,” she said tapping the side of the chariot. “Just point me in the right direction and I’ll meet you there.”

“Sorry Rainbow, but the journey is too... intricate,” Haunt said, holding the door open for her. “Even for such a talented flyer such as yourself.” Standing up straight and buffing out her chest, Rainbow grinned at Haunt before leaping into the air. Landing on a seat at the back of the chariot next to Starscream.

Each of them found a seat, whilst Haunt went to check on her Seekers. Rainbow and Starscream were sat on the back row, with Lazerbeak perched on the bench between them. Rarity, Fluttershy and Bumblebee were sat on the row in front of them. In front of them on the first row was Twilight, Nightshade, Arcee and Pinkie, who had placed Bob (still in his jar) in her mane for the journey.

“Right, everypony fasten your seatbelts, this might get a bit bumpy,” Haunt said after she had jumped into the drivers seat, behind a console which had lots of flashing buttons on.

“Erm, where are the seatbelts?” Fluttershy asked, as she looked frantically around the chariot.

“There are none,” Haunt said smiling, as her horn lit up with magic, “but for you Fluttershy, there will be.” Fluttershy’s fast breathing slowed as she watched a magically conjured seatbelt fasten around her. Haunt nodded to her twin, who then released the harnesses from the metal hoops.

Expecting their imminent departure, once their harness was released the Seeker would stretch and flap their wings a few times. One of them reared back on their hind legs, and gave out a strange, slightly high pitched whinnie. But it was soon quieted by a short growl from Pitch, who had also turned to glare at it.

Once he had finished and had stood back away from the chariot, Haunt waved at him and grasped the reins in her hooves. Flipping a lever on the console, she beat the reins and they started moving at a fast pace.

Straight towards a wall.

"Erm, Haunt. What are you doing?" Twilight asked, gripping onto her seat and looking at Haunt with uncertainty.

Haunt merely laughed. Just as Pitch was nearing the wall, she hit a blue flashing button. Creating a loud series of clicking noises that emanated from the wall, which then began to transform.

Condensing into smaller bricks that seemed to merge into each other, and creating a small passageway, which was just big enough for the chariot to get through. Directly behind the concealed entrance was a dark tunnel which formed a ramp, which seemed to have been chiseled out of the side of the mountain. After a few moments on the ramp it abruptly ended, and they were thrown out into the blinding sunshine.

Instead of plummeting to their doom, as Starscream had thought due to the Seekers’ wing design, the chariot stayed in the air. Peering over the side of the chariot, Starscream could see the entire city below them as they banked over it. They circled over city, ending up with the castle directly in front of them.

“So where exactly are we heading?” Twilight asked, also looking over the side of the chariot.

“To my half of the castle,” Haunt said, pointing towards the castle, “which is on the other side of the Manganese mountains.”

“And behind that massive storm cloud?” Rarity asked, her eyes widening as she saw the thick black clouds which were hovering over the mountain range behind the castle. Some of the tips of the smaller peaks were completely submerged. Whilst the tallest mountain, which the castle was built on reappeared out of the clouds, a few miles up, then disappeared into the sky.

“Unfortunately, yess.” Nightshade said.

“Well don’t worry, I can clear those clouds in a jiffy,” Rainbow said, flapping her wings in preparation.

“There iss no need Rainbow. We need them there,” Nightshade said, turning to her. “They are the ‘lifeblood’ of the sity, building up over ssix monthss in preparation for the traditional bi-yearly rainss. They sspan the entire width of the mountain range, which iss around 15 miless.

“It hass been their family'ss heritage to control those cloudss for senturiess. Alsso I fear that they might be a little too powerful for you to clear, Rainbow.”

“Ha! No cloud will get the be-” Rainbow stated before a mighty bolt of lightning interrupted her as it zipped past the side of the chariot, even though the clouds were still about 1/4 of a mile away. “On second thought, I’ll wait and go with your plan.” Nightshade just smiled and turned back to face the front of the chariot.

As they got closer to the clouds, the chariot started to shake slightly as the turbulence started to increase, making the Seekers slow down slightly. Haunt then pulled a lever that was to her side, which made the underside of the chariot give out a metallic-sounding groan.

Looking down, he and some of the other ponies watched as the wheels folded into the chariot, and were replaced by thick skis which appeared from below the chariot.

“Why are we now in a sled?” Twilight asked, but her only response was a small grin from Nightshade, and Haunt calling out something indecipherable to Pitch.

Suddenly all of the Seekers folded their wings and went into a steep dive. Causing startled yelps to come from some of the passengers.

“You’re brilliant plan is suicide!?” Rainbow shouted, clinging onto her seat like the rest of the ponies. Before she could receive her answer a shout of her name caused her to turn around.

To where Starscream was clinging onto the back of the chariot.

“Rainbow! Stop laughing, and help me!” he shouted as she began to laugh at his predicament, even though she was still clinging onto her seat for dear life. Coughing away the remnants of her laughter at his stern expression, she let go of her seat and grabbed hold and yanked him into the chariot.

"Thanks, I guess," he said, after he had landed upside down. By the time he had righted himself they were underneath the storm cloud. But still plummeting towards the mountains.

Everypony on the chariot was getting panicky as the ground got closer, except for Fluttershy and Nightshade. Who had just been holding a quiet conversation together. Thinking that he wouldn’t be shown up by the timid pegasus, he decided to try and calm down slightly. Though that went straight through the proverbial window when he glanced past them and saw that the ground was only a few meters away from them.

Instead of crashing straight into the ground, Pitch and the other Seekers went straight through it. Before he could comprehend what he had seen the chariot followed the Seekers into apparent oblivion.

Then straight into an underground tunnel.

Everyone, sighed in relief as the chariot zipped along the well lit tunnel. Haunt gave a small chuckle when she turned to see the ponies’ expression. The rhythmic beat of metal hooves on rock and the soft drip drip of water were the only sounds whilst everypony came to grips with what had just happened and the chariot leveled itself out.

“Are you insane! We could have died!” Rainbow shouted from the back of the chariot.

“No. Pitch has done this over a thousand times, he knows what he is doing,” Haunt replied calmly.

“You really scared Fluttershy!” Rainbow said after a few moments of thought.

“Sshe wass perfectly fine Rainbow, I explained to her what would happen,” Nightshade said, looking at Fluttershy, who gave a small smile in thanks. “Anyway, sshe already knew.”

“Huh?” was Rainbows only response.

“Bat ponies, even though they don’t have control over magic like normal ponies do, can create illusions to hide the entrances to their caves,” Fluttershy said, turning to face Rainbow with a small smile on her face. “It’s quite fascinating, and I’ve never actually seen one before.”

After that, the chariot descended into relative quiet as the ponies chatted to each other and enjoyed the ride, even if the chariot did rattle and jump around a bit.

Thanks Rainbow Dash, just forget the fact that I nearly died! Starscream thought as the chariot sauntered on. Hopefully we won’t have to spend THAT much more time in this dreary dimension.

Glancing at Arcee and Bumblebee, he noticed that they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Arcee was sat chatting to Nightshade and Twilight, whilst watching Pinkie who had put her forelegs in the air.

“Guys. I hope you like the loop-de-loop!” Haunt said as she beat the reins and the chariot picked up more speed. Before anyone could question what she meant, the chariot performed said loop-de-loop. Pinkie let out a cry of joy, and Bumblebee mimicked something similar in his beeps and tones, raising his forelegs in the air.

As the chariot sped out of the loop-de-loop and banked round an alarmingly steep corner, it emerged into a large cavern. The track which the chariot was on ran around the edge of the cavern and into the distance, though a separate track branched off and haeded to the cavern floor. Sat in the center was a large lake, which seemingly glowed, giving light to the cavern. Surrounding the lake were a multitude of plants which similarly gave off an eerie green glow. Branching away from the outskirts of the cavern were multiple tunnels, which presumably led deeper into the mountains.

“Is that the mirror pool?” Pinkie asked, with her forelegs still in the air.

“No, Pinkie. Whilst it is very similar, it doesn’t have any of it’s magical properties,” Haunt said, glancing at the pool before turning her attention back to the reins. Starscream, uncaring about what this mirror pool was, didn’t question it and continued to stare at the scenery.

Continuing on it’s intended path, the chariot swiftly carried the ponies closer to their destination.


It didn’t take them long to reach the other side of the mountain range, and the remainder of the journey didn’t involve any concealed passageways or loops. This half of the castle, looked exactly like her twin’s half. Even down to the layout of the interior, which contained similar war torn decor.

“They used to make up one complete castle,” Haunt explained walking up the grand staircase, after Twilight had asked. “There wasn’t always the Manganese Mountains, so there wasn’t anywhere for our family to store the storm clouds. Our great, great, great grandfather created the mountain range as a solution to this problem.

“However in doing this, he split the castle in two and completely destroyed the third tower which used to sit between the two remaining towers,” she concluded as they reached the throne room doors. Imprinted on the doors was the family’s coat of arms.

“Make yourselves at home, but don’t break anything,” Haunt said as she pushed open the big ornate doors. Revealing the same throne sat on a slightly raised platform as the one which was sat on the other side of the mountains. There was also pillars in here, like in Scar’s throne room, but they were much fewer in number, four at the front of the room and two near the back.

The further back the room went, the higher the ceiling went, until it leveled off somewhere behind the throne leaving a vague outline of where it was in the depths of the room. Along the wall to their right were a few paintings - depicting various scenes - which were guarded by a number of torches, opposed to Scar’s candles. Though she also had two fire braziers, one in front of each arm of the throne. On the opposing wall, thick black drapes ran along the full length of the wall, presumably hiding windows of some sort.

“Who dare’s-” ftzzzzzz “-intruders alert-” ftzzzzzz “-it’s my ice cream!” said a cloaked figure, each part of the sentence had been in a different voice. Looking around they found the source of the voice, a cloaked figure sat on the throne with it’s head bowed towards the floor. Hearing the sound of hooves approaching it, it raised its head, knocking it’s hood off in the process.

Revealing the robot that they had seen in Scar’s throne room the day before. It’s once dead eyes now glowing a menacing yellow as it stared at the ‘intruders’. Standing up, the rest of the cloak fell off, revealing it’s slightly damaged and patched up chest.

“Ponies, this is HK-47, though you’ve actually already met,” Haunt said, seemingly calming the robot down when it realised who was there. Even though they had already met, the ponies were unwilling to overtake their host and travel further into the room than her. Though they couldn’t go back, as Nightshade had closed the doors behind them, after whispering something softly to Fluttershy.

Before any of them could act an ominous growl came from behind the throne, drawing everyone’s attention. Barely distinguishable in the dark depths of the top corner of the room, was a large spherical shaped object, which seemed to be being used as a nest by the creature which had made the noise.

Leaping down from the nest, it was still nothing more than a dark blurry outline until it made it’s way down to the more lit up area of the room. Perching on the back of the throne, with it’s tail wrapping around to the front and it’s wings outstretched, they were able to see the creature more clearly.

Another dragon? Starscream thought, this crazy world is full of mythological creatures. Whilst scanning the group of ponies with crystal blue eyes, she (which Starscream presumed, as she looked more feminine than the other dragons) remained silently on the throne. Her entire body was a deep black which glimmered in the torch light, except for the tips of her wings which were dappled with deep blue markings. Her body was small and lithe, allowing her to balance easily on the throne without her white talons causing any damage, though she still seemed only slightly smaller than Draco and Brisingr. Wrapping around the throne, her tail seemed to double her length and ended in a small webbed fin.

Juxtaposing her body her wings were huge, with her wingspan seemingly double the length of her body the edges of her wings were slightly folded. Allowing her enough room to move her wings without the risk of clipping them on the sides of the room. Her head seemed large compared to the rest of her but not disproportionately so, and a series of increasingly smaller spikes made their way down her spine from her head to the fin on her tail.

“Ponies this is Lily, my other lieutenant,” Haunt said, glancing at the ponies behind her, who seemed frozen in place, except for Nightshade and Fluttershy who knew what was going to happen. “Lily please come down from there, I think you’re scaring them,” she chuckled.

“Good to see you’re back,” Lily said from her perch, “how’s Brisingr and Draco?”

“They are fine,” Haunt replied, to which she got a smile in response, revealing Lily’s large, sharp white teeth. Before she jumped gracefully to the ground and went to greet the new ponies, whilst Nightshade walked up to her leader, who was sat casually on her throne.

“I thought that you ssaid you weren’t going to repair HK-47, that he was beyond repair,” Nightshade said looking at the robot with a hint of confusion.

“I did, but he came back online soon after I brought him home,” Haunt said, tapping the patch of metal on his chest as she continued. “So I repaired him the best I could in the limited time i had.”

“Did you fix hiss perssonality problem?” Nightshade said.

“Statement: I can kick your flank any-” ftzzzzzz “-you worthless bug,” HK-47 said, locking eyes with Nightshade.

“No, it sseemss you’ve managed to make him more annoying.” Nightshade said.

After greeting the ponies, Lily flew back up to her nest, after saying that she would rather observe things from afar. Unsure as of what to do, they began to look around the room, to pass the time until their host was ready to show them ‘what they were up against,’ as she had put it.

Walking towards the back of the room, Starscream’s curiosity was grabbed by a strange mosaic on the back wall.

“Starscream, don’t touch anything back there,” Haunt called back to him, whilst messing with the control panel which was in the arm of her throne. Starscream glared at the floor, scowling silently at the comment. I, Lord Starscream, will not be treated like some common pony, it’s not like I would damage anything back here. Incompetent princess, he thought as he got closer to the mosaic.

Stepping closer, he noticed that the mosaic was made out of pieces of metal, rather than the more traditional small squares of tile. Staring intently at it, he couldn’t make out what creature was depicted in it. Though he got the feeling that it was from his distant past, but due to all the eons of conflict the memory seemed buried and forgotten in war and chaos.

Reaching out he placed his hoof onto the flat piece of metal which surrounded the beast, where he rested it for a few moments. With the memory seemingly too deeply buried, he pulled his hoof away, ashamed that he was defeated by his own mind.

It’s red eyes flashed crimson.

It’s hands on the ends of it’s two small arms twitched.

It’s thick tail that ended in a sharp point shuddered in it’s position in front of it’s two legs which were attached to large feet with two toes on the front which seemed to be flexing.

“Oh scrap,” Starscream muttered, backing slowly away from the beast, with his wings down against his back and his ears down against his head. The memory suddenly clear in his mind.

Roaring to life, the beast followed through with the curve that the mosaic had put it in and, lunging forward, snapped it’s massive jaws shut mere inches away from Starscream’s head.

Rearing back and seemingly taking in a deep breath. It then lunged forward once more. But this time leaving it’s jaws wide open.

Breathing a torrent of bright orange flame straight towards him.

Author's Note:

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.