• Published 13th Nov 2020
  • 258 Views, 4 Comments

A Secret in Shining Armour - GermanBrony_12



After getting captured in the war, Shining Armour falls in love with his savior but will he love him back?

  • ...
 4
 258

The Reunion

"Steel Hunk!"

His old friend turned to look at him. He immediately recognised his friend and ran toward him. Shining Armour looked at him with tears in his eyes, filled with joy to see his comrade.

"I thought you had died like the others!" Shining Armour said. "I haven't seen you since the battle. What happened?"

"I was sent up North to work in the mines,"he responded. "Everyone's starving there. It dosen't seem much better here. I'm surprised even ten ponies survived this."

They sat for a while chatting about their experiences at the gulags and their longing to leave. Eventuallly they had to stop to continue to work but after that they never missed a chance to talk. Occasionally they would be working together and they would get chances to talk during work but usually they worked far apart. With this chatting the two comrades grew closer and closer and it became consistantly harder to leave with each meeting.

After just a few weeks of hard labour, the flames of romance had lit in the heart of Shining Armour. These feelings brought him shame and so he remained quiet. He went on for weeks like this but no matter how much he denied his feelings he never felt better in any way. Dispite this he fought back and continued on.

As always he went into the nearby vacant home at dawn to meet his comrade and talk but when he got there the house was vacant. He forced himself to stay calm although he was already panicing. It was always possible that although had always come early he was coming late, right?

It had been half an hour but he was nowhere in sight. There wasn't a sign of him anywhere in the gulag. Shining Armour paniced at the thought of Steel Hunk disappearing or worse, dying. He knew that he could do nothing about this so he returned to work. His fear caused him to get almost nothing done in the mines and because of this he had to work through he night. Once the sun had risen he went to the vacant home in search of his friend but again there was no sign of him. Shining armour immediately knew that something was wrong. This time he spent no time waiting, but instead went to the mines right afterwards. As he worked he could barely keep himself from crying. After two days with no sign of Steel Hunk, it was clear that he had died. He worked hard all day and finally got to sleep at night.

"Wake up, Shining Armour," It was Steel Hunk's Voice. "Shining Armour it's our special day!"

Shining Armour groaned and got out of bed, "Steel Hunk? Where were you?" Shining Armor opened his eyes to see Steel Hunk but he looked different. He looked very healthy and happy and he seemed to be dressed up for a special occasion.

"What do you mean? I've been right here next to you," responded Steel Hunk. "We have to go soon, I'll leave you here to get dressed." Steel Hunk left the room and left Shining Armour alone. Shining Armour walked over to a table on which a suit was lying out for him and put the suit. He left the room to find himself in a beutiful home which looked out over Canterlot.

"Steel Hunk? Where are we? And what did you mean by 'our special day?'" he asked.

"Don't be silly, We're in our home. And how could you forget our wedding?" Steel Hunk responded.

"Wedding?!" he responded. "What do you mean, wedding? I thought we were in the gulag."

"Wow. I know you had a different house in mind but gulag seems like a bit much," He said. "Come on, It's time to go!" Steel Hunk grabbed Shining Armour's hoof and pulled him out the door and into a wedding Hall. Music was playing and Steel Armor was now at the end of the hall waiting for him. Shining Armour instinctively began to walk toward him. He arrived at Steel Hunk's side and looked around the hall. He didn't recognise anypony other than his parents who looked on with tears in their eyes.

Suddenly the room went dark and a scream was heard in the audience. The lights flickered back on and he saw his parents were skeletons. He heard a thud nearby and he looked to his side to see Steel Hunk lying on the ground covered in wounds. Shining Armour screamed and the lights went out again.

Shining Armour jumped up in his bed to the sound of the door opening. He was back in the Gulag. Two guards burst into the room and pulled him out of bed. They chained him up and pulled him out of the house. Shining Armour screamed in fear as they pulled him further away through the fields. They dragged him across the gulag and shoved him into a truck. They closed the door and everything went dark.