• Published 13th Nov 2020
  • 258 Views, 4 Comments

A Secret in Shining Armour - GermanBrony_12



After getting captured in the war, Shining Armour falls in love with his savior but will he love him back?

  • ...
 4
 258

Back to Square One

Gasps echoed across the empty room. Finally free to think and breathe, Shining Armour collapsed on the cold floor of the palace. Every inch of his body ached from the force that came with every blow of the whip. Movement is impossible. The only sound immediately was the tears falling from the head of a pitiful unicorn, tattered and lame.

Fortunately for Shining Armour, the magic worked, a rare occurrence like this when it comes to ancient pony magic. The dragon only knew how to dispel basic unicorn magic, not the advanced and dangerous magic used by the earth ponies in the past. Magic like this was his only chance to escape should something go wrong.

After several hours of helplessness, he was able to raise his head. As he looked around, he knew his magic wasn't quite perfect. Contrary to his intention, he had teleported into the bedroom. This was to his advantage, however, and he was able to rummage around and find a suitable uniform for himself. He crawled out, fully clad in dragon armor, and walked down the hall, desperately clutching at something nearby so he could prop himself up and walk on two legs like a dragon.
Shining Armor knew this passage very well; he had gone on patrol many times and had never forgotten the location of the exit. As soon as the last guard passed, he slipped through the door and out into the town of Canterlot. He had been in the dimly lit back hall of the castle for hours; When he stepped out into the outside world, he expected to be hit by the bright sunlight, but no. Instead, Shining Armour coughed.

Thick smog covered the city. With narrowed eyes he saw a crowd of dragons gathering in the center of town. Now he has enough strength again to walk properly on his hind legs. He got to the center and saw a collection of papers pasted on a large board. Each newspaper brought several tidbits of recent happenings: conquered cities, pony riots, executions, some even told of ponies he knew. Then he saw it. A small piece of paper buried under several stories of draconian conquests bore a name he knew well. Steel Hunk. These words stood out from all the others on the wall. Shining Armour pushed past the dragons gathered around the newsboard, ignoring their angry cries. He shattered the papers around him as he tore a small sheet of paper from the wall.

Infamous Pegasus “Steel Hunk” Captured In Gulag. To Be Executed January 12th.

His legs became weak and Shining Armour fell to the ground. The dragon stomped on his trembling body to read the news, but he paid no heed to this: his heavy armor dulled the sensation of being trampled by adult dragons.

He found himself pushed out of the crowd. He suddenly realized what to do. He forced himself back on his hind legs and made his way back to the castle.