• Published 7th Nov 2020
  • 5,677 Views, 33 Comments

Good Times in Equestria: Thomas’s Adventures in Ponyville - GoebelTron



This is a short story collection that takes place after the first one, and during some of Season 6.

  • ...
2
 33
 5,677

Delegate Thomas and the Royal Summit

In the royal and elegant city of Canterlot, an important event was about to commence in the ballroom of the castle. Delegates from all over Equestria came over to attend to a momentous occasion. The event was promised to be so important that for the first time in the history of Equestria, all four princesses, including a special little boy were in Canterlot and were going to stay for the duration of the big event.

While waiting for the announcement, the delegates chattered amongst themselves for a little while, and suddenly, their conversations were interrupted by the majestic sound of royal trumpets, announcing the grand arrival of the four princesses. They saw Princess Luna appear, then she spoke up. “Welcome to the Grand Equestria Royal Summit!” she announced proudly. “It is good to see that many of you could attend today.”

Princess Celestia then stepped forward and spoke up next, “All of you fine delegates have traveled far and wide to honorably represent your cities and towns, as we seek to celebrate and learn all the unique places that make up our wonderful land of Equestria. And as a special reward, my adoptive niece, Princess Cadance will dedicate this beautiful friendship statue made up of the finest gemstones from each of your home cities.” The delegates were all gazing in awe at the statue with “oohs” and “ahhs” like they had never had seen anything as beautiful as ever before.

“And we thank you all for taking your time to come and join us,” Princess Cadance spoke up delicately, causing attention to the massive pony like statue made entirely out of different colored gemstones.

Thomas was being held by his Auntie Twilight and she let him play with her mane for a little while. He was also wearing his green flannel shirt that he wore to Applejack’s farm, and he was wearing his charcoal gray hooded jacket and black jeans. “It looks kinda pretty, huh?” he asked. “Yes, sweetheart. It does,” Twilight said.

Princess Cadance then concluded her sentence, “And now, it gives me great pleasure to turn things over to the one pony who organized this summit: my sister-in-law, Princess Twilight Sparkle!” The delegates made a thunderous applause as she put Thomas on the ground and then walked over to the spotlight. She then looked at the audience with baggy eyes from all that work last night.

“Thank you, everypony,” she said, until she yawned. “With delegates from over fifty cities attending three days of conferences, receptions, and meetings, this somehow promises to be the largest Grand Equestria Royal Summit yet. And to be honest, putting it all together has led me to more than one sleepless night. Above all, we’re so excited to have you here and to learn more about life all across this great and sacred land of ours, I hope this will help bring us all closer together.”

The delegates cheered even louder as before, and then Twilight turned around and saw Thomas nervously fidgeting his hands, and hugging his Snuggle Bear teddy. Twilight motioned her hoof into asking him to come stand next to her, and then he walked over, until Twilight lifted him up with her magic and placed him on her foreleg, holding him against her chest. “And now, if it pleases you, I’d like to present our special guest for tonight: my nephew, Thomas Mercer Shy!”

“Um, hi,” Thomas said. “If it’s okay, I’d be honored to join my aunties’s ceremony.” A few delegates exchanged concerning whispers, and some were adoring him. “My, what an adorable creature he is!” said a delegate female voice. Thomas blushed at her comment. Another delegate from Canterlot kinda looked at him like he was different, but he probably didn’t care, “No offense, but I want to see Princess Twilight more than just some random kid,” he said rudely. Thomas felt offended by the comment.

More of the Canterlot and Cloudsdale delegates began to chant, “We love you, Princess Twilight!” And soon, more of the other gathered delegates started to shout, “We all love the princesses!” They then clapped and cheered together, and it made Thomas sad. He unexpectedly climbed off Twilight’s hoof and, then turned and walked sadly away looking like he was about to cry.

‘Poor baby,’ Princess Cadance thought to herself. ‘Those delegates have some nerve treating my adorable nephew like that! If I wasn’t the Princess of Love, or either Rarity, Fluttershy or Twilight, I’d definitely give them a piece of my mind! Nopony treats Thomas like he doesn’t matter at all! He’s too adorable to be ignored! And he most certainly does matter! But... I better go and talk to him, if I find him.’


Thomas went to Twilight’s tower for some private time, as he hugged his Snuggle Bear teddy closer to his chest. “Why doesn’t anybody accept me? I just want to be happy, like I belong. I do belong here, but I just don’t understand why they ignored me. Maybe I don’t deserve to be at the Royal Summit anyway, no place that they’ll allow a 6 year old boy like me to attend.” Thomas then began to cry as he laid down on the bed and face planted his face on the pillow and cried.

The door suddenly opened and he felt a light pink and golden slippered hoof stroking his back. Thomas then turned his head and saw Princess Cadance standing there with a smile of concern. “Do you want to hug it out?” she asked. Thomas nodded and then he went to the pink alicorn and wrapped himself around her chest and hugged her neck, until he cried in her chest fur. Cadance then held him on one of her forelegs and used her right wing to wrap him as a blanket so he can feel warm. Thomas then felt calm after hearing Cadance’s heartbeat, and she then gave him a kiss on the top of his head.

“Do you feel better, sweetheart?” Cadance asked. “I guess, but what those delegates said about me hurt me, like those bullies at the orphanage,” Thomas said. “Shhhhhh... Just let it out, sweetie. Just let it out,” Cadance said, softly rubbing his back. Twilight then came back, looking more exhausted, “You... feeling okay, Thomas?” Thomas nodded, “What happened to you?”

“Sorry. Last night was so busy I managed to get enough sleep last night,” Twilight said, before she yawned. “Twilight, since the ceremony’s almost ready, why don’t you take some time off and get some rest?” Cadance suggested. Thomas suddenly saw a scroll full of requests, “Wait! Auntie Twilight has some requests by some of the delegates! If she sleeps, we’ll be in big trouble!”

“I know, baby. She’s really worn out from planning the whole summit, but it looks like she might not be able to do the requests. We should let her sleep,” Cadance said, comforting her nephew as she prayed Twilight over to her bed and gently tucked her in. “But what will we do about the delegates?” Thomas asked. “Thomas? Why don’t you take care of that? Me and my aunts will help you,” Cadance said. “You will?!” Thomas asked. “Of course, dear. You’re family as well,” Cadance said, then she leaned down on her forelegs. “Here, climb on.” Thomas nodded and then he climbed over her neck and sat down on her back. Princess Cadance then whistled her hoof into her mouth, and then two guards came marching over after Cadance came out of the main room.

“How can we be of service, your majesty?” the guards asked. “Umm... I know it’s not my job to order you around, but can me and Princess Cadance count on you both to stand guard like you usually do, but outside this tower on this spot right here, and make sure my Auntie Twilight isn’t disturbed? She’s really sleepy,” Thomas said. Princess Cadance then stroked his hands with her hoof, until she continued, “It’s very important that she gets plenty of sleep before tonight’s ceremony. And be sure to tell every delegate that if they need help, they are to go to either me, Princess Celestia, or Princess Luna. Princess Twilight will be unavailable until tonight.” The guards nodded, and then after Cadance quietly closed the door and locked it, Thomas placed his travel bag around his shoulders, and then the guards placed their spears over the door so that nopony could enter.

Princess Cadance then took Thomas for a little flying stroll around across Canterlot so he can get to know the place a little more.


Later on, Princess Cadance was about to stop at a restaurant for lunch.

When they entered the restaurant, Princess Cadance ordered a nice salad, and Thomas ordered some pasta with creamy pesto sauce and a side of broccoli and cauliflower. “So, how’s school going?” Princess Cadance asked. “It’s going good,” Thomas said. “I heard that you went with Auntie Twilight and Rainbow Dash to the Wonderbolts Academy, and you helped solve your first friendship problem on “Take Your Child To Work Day,” Princess Cadance said. “Mmhmm. Spitfire and her team really like me, especially Miss Fleetfoot and Soarin’,” Thomas said. “I’m glad they do,” Princess Cadance said.

“How’s Princess Amore doing?” Thomas asked. “She’s doing well. The crystal ponies are happy to see her, and she’s doing well with my daughter,” Princess Cadance said. “Is Flurry doing okay, too? Any changes?” Thomas asked. “No, she’s fine. Flurry’s very healthy and her magic is in control as always,” Princess Cadance said. “Okay,” Thomas said. “She kinda misses you,” Princess Cadance said. “Yeah, looks like it,” Thomas said, and when he finished his lunch, he and Cadance took another stroll around the town. Thomas then started to feel let down when they got to the castle gardens. “Princess Cadance, if I was a delegate, then what would that make you feel?” Thomas asked. “Oh, well if you were a delegate, I would probably feel a little surprised,” Princess Cadance said. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, because at the ballroom, none of them liked me,” Thomas said. “Is it because... I’m just... a... kid, or that I I don’t belong or... don’t exist at all?”

“No, sweetheart. No. You’re perfectly fine, and you do matter,” Princess Cadance said. “They just don’t know it yet, or probably just don’t care. Most of them are pretty much snobby, but I can assure you that there are others who will treat you well.” Thomas nodded, and then Princess Cadance sat down near a rosebush and laid on all four legs tucked underneath, and Thomas climbed off her back and sat between her forelegs, and then leaned towards her chest and rested his head on her lower neck. “You see, sweetheart. There’s a difference between being a princess and a delegate. Being a princess takes great power, and with that great power, there also comes a greater responsibility for her duties that make good benefits. It’s also an extremely important and difficult task, and it isn’t something to be taken seriously, or it could get you into trouble.”

Thomas nodded, “But I love you and Auntie Twilight being good princesses. I just wanted them to see if I truly belong,” Thomas said. “It’s just not fair.” Princess Cadance then wrapped her wing around him for comfort. “There, there, honey. Like I said, there are some who might accept you, but you’ll have to give them some time to see,” she said. Thomas nodded, and then Princess Cadance continued, “And I know how you feel. But you don’t need to make some offers to please some other delegates to feel important in the world. They’re supposed to represent the will of the cities and towns to elect them, but sometimes even the best of them can help them forget that fact about their intentions of everything.”

“But all the delegates only care about princesses. I’m sick of everyone treating me like I don’t matter!” Thomas said, until he shed more tears. “I am too, Thomas,” Princess Cadance said kindly, after wiping his tears off his eyes. “As important as it is that many delegates be pleased, it’s really annoying that they get help from us. I just wish they could leave us alone for some peace and quiet and try to make more of an effort to try to solve their problems by themselves, because whenever something goes wrong or if they need something, they are always as fast as lightning and then come over rushing to either my aunts, Twilight, or me.”

“Well, you’re all princesses. Can’t you you order them to stop bugging you by asking nicely?” Thomas asked. “I don’t think that’s how it works, darling,” Princess Cadance said with a shake of her head. “Most of these delegates are mostly incredibly stubborn, meaning like they think they’re in charge of everything and everypony around them. They simply believe the princesses are always there to help them out whenever they get stuck on something, which is like all the time, and it’s driving us all crazy! But don’t worry, I know I said this already, some of these delegates that might treat you as one of them are well behaved and well mannered because some are from here, Ponyville, or the Crystal Empire. It’s mostly the delegates from the big cities, like Manehattan, Fillydelphia, or Las Pegasus, that seem to have trouble controlling their own egos.”

“But why?” Thomas asked. “Oh, I wish I knew, but it’s hard to explain,” Princess Cadence unhappily replied with a heavy sigh. “But my guess is that they’ve probably been in power for so long, that they might’ve forgotten what it’s like to not automatically have the authority to make others obey you.”

“How do you handle that?” Thomas asked. “Well, when I was your Auntie Twilight’s age, I was the newest, youngest, and most beautiful princess of them all because I had a special magic: love. I sometimes couldn’t help but get caught up into the big spotlight. I then started to realize that others would somehow crowd all around me whenever I would do something that made them feel happy, and I oftentimes took the advantage of that free publicity towards others. It was really hard,” Princess Cadance said. “Really?!” Thomas asked. “Mmhmm,” Princess Cadance said, then continued. “Fortunately, when I had trouble, both Aunt Luna and Aunt Celestia helped straighten myself out before too long. But ever since I became the Princess of Love, I have strived to do my best to remember that I am not that all powerful as my aunts, meaning I can’t just make ponies or other creatures bow to my will.”

“What do you mean?” Thomas asked. “Do you know why their manes and tails flow and sparkle like they usually do?” Princess Cadance asked. Thomas shook his head. “It’s because they’re immortal, meaning they don’t age like regular ponies do,” Princess Cadance said. “Wow... They’re like goddesses, but as princess ponies?” Thomas asked. “Something like that, but that’s why alicorns are sometimes special,” Princess Cadance said.

“So, if I was a delegate, I wouldn’t be as noble as I thought,” Thomas said. “No, no, no. You’re as noble as you can be, even if you don’t have to be, but you always will be a noble and sweet precious little boy to us, no matter what happens or what they say. And just because some delegates don’t acknowledge the fact I already stated, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or matter. The reason why you’re feeling this way is because you’re listening to your heart,” Princess Cadance said, embracing Thomas with a big warm hug. “But you know what I think would make you noble?”

“What?” Thomas asked. “THIS!” Princess Cadance shouted as she laid him down on the grass and tickled his sides with her hooves, causing him to burst with laughter. “No! No! Stop it!” Thomas screamed, until Princess Cadance blew a raspberry on his belly, causing him to scream and laugh more. She then stopped and let him catch his breath. “Feel better?” Princess Cadance asked. Thomas nodded, and then she lifted him up and carefully placed him on her back. “Thanks, Princess Cadance. I’m glad I had someone like you to talk to. And you always know how to make me feel better, just like Momma does,” Thomas said. “I know, sweetie. And I’m always happy to help,” Cadance said, kissing his cheek and hugging him towards her chest.


While they were walking through outside the castle, they suddenly heard a faint crack, and then the sound of gushing water, and a lot of male voices yelling and shouting. Princess Cadance and Thomas became aware of it, and then after they arrived, there was water flooding everywhere, and the workers tried to stop it. Princess Cadance tried to fly out of the way, until Thomas accidentally fell into the flood, “HELP!” Princess Cadance then lit up her horn and then it sparked into life with its soft light blue aura, until a massive pile of crystals emerged and quickly enveloped the crack of the pipe and covered the water shooting out of it. Princess Cadance then magically lifted Thomas out of the water, and then when the water was drained, she landed on the floor and then one of the workers grabbed both a towel and blanket for Thomas so he can dry off. “Are you okay, sweetheart?” Princess Cadance asked. Thomas nodded as she held him against her chest. “Thank you, Princess Cadance,” one of the workers said. “It was a pleasure, sir. Now, I need to give my sister-in-law’s nephew his bath,” Princess Cadance said as started to walk out, until Thomas saw the statue starting to crumble into the gems it was made from. “No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no! Not the statue!” Thomas said, as he ran to the pile, and touched the gems.

“No... Auntie Twilight’s gonna kill me,” Thomas said, until Cadance softly stroked his back, as he began to cry. Suddenly, the delegates came in and saw the place was trashed. “I say... What happened here?” Fancy Pants asked. “It looks awful,” a delegate said. “I’m sorry, everyone. It’s not my fault,” Thomas said. “What do you mean, little one?” another asked. “Hey, where is Princess Twilight?!” an angry Las Pegasus delegate asked. “Yeah! Where has she been this whole time?!” a delegate from Manehattan asked. They kept arguing, until Thomas started to shed tears, until they saw Twilight come in, and she gasped, “What happened?!”

“That’s what we want to know! Where have you been?!” a delegate asked. “I was asleep,” Twilight explained. “I didn’t get much sleep last night, so I took some time to rest until tonight. So... now I’ve finished explaining, could somepony please explain to me what exactly in the name of Celestia is going on?!”

The delegates rambled and argued demanding explanations at Twilight. Thomas shedded more tears in his eyes, until his sadness soothed into anger, causing him to speak up, “Everybody STOOOOOOOOP!!!” The delegates stopped arguing and looked at Thomas. “You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, asking for help from the princesses with selfish behaviors. You’re supposed to be delegates, not a bunch of big bullies that are in power! I wanted to come here for the Royal Summit because I missed hanging out with my aunts, who are your princesses! Auntie Twilight was really worn out from all that work on the statue, but you never took the time to try to solve your problems by yourselves! You can’t rely on the princesses all the time because they have better things to do than help out on your problems! The summit was supposed to be about all of you coming together as one, not just depend on the princesses! When Auntie Twilight announced me as a special guest, I was really happy to be invited and meet all of you, but this is not the delegates I would like to meet! Because I! JUST! WANTED! TO! HELP!”

Thomas then shedded more tears, until he sat down and began to cry, as all the delegates suddenly began to feel incredibly guilty on how bad they’ve acted towards the princesses and Thomas. Twilight looked at the decor, until she looked at Thomas, who was still crying underneath the towel and blanket. She walked over to him and held him against her chest. “Why are you all wet?” she asked. “He fell in the flood,” Princess Cadance said, pointing at the crystal covered pipe. Twilight then gently rocked her nephew with her foreleg.

“You’re right, young chap. We never should’ve asked them for help. We’ve just taken our popularity for granted,” Fancy Pants said. Thomas looked at the delegates, and then sniffed. “We promise to think about it,” said another delegate. “And if it pleases you... we’d be honored if you joined us tonight,” Fancy Pants said. “Would you like that, mon cher?” Fleur asked. Thomas nodded, and then Fleur gave him a kiss on the forehead. “Thank you for your apologies to my nephew, everypony. And if you don’t mind, I’d like all of you to help make him feel welcome,” Twilight said. The delegates nodded in agreement, and went to go get ready, after they helped fix the statue.


After Thomas had his bath, and put on clean clothes, which were a black and white tuxedo jacket and shirt with black khakis, a cute red bow tie with silver polka dots. Thomas rode on Twilight’s back, and she was wearing a multilayered linen and satin dress in cyan and sky blue. They suddenly saw some familiar faces that they new. It was Rarity in a purple, navy blue and black silk and satin dress with a black collar with a topaz charm on her neck, and navy blue shoes on her front hooves, Fluttershy in her original gala dress that was fixed by Rarity, and Starlight wore a dark sea green and purple light dress made of silk and linen. “Momma!” Thomas said, as he ran over to her for a hug. “Sweetpea!” Fluttershy said, as she held him against her chest on one foreleg. “Oh, Momma,” Thomas said. “Shhhhhh... There, there, sweetheart. There, there. Mommy missed you too,” Fluttershy said, as she stroked him with the hoof that held him. “Are you happy to see us, precious?” Rarity asked. Thomas nodded, “You all have pretty dresses,” Thomas said. “Thank you, darling,” Rarity said.

“But... what are you all doing here?” Thomas asked. “Princess Cadance invited us,” Starlight said. “Now, come on. Let’s enjoy ourselves and meet some of the delegates,” Rarity said.

They stopped at the buffet so Thomas can have some dinner, which consisted a plate full of baked potatoes, mixed vegetables, and pasta. After he finished eating, he went with his auntie to go meet some of the delegates. “Princess Twilight, so delightful,” said a charmingly rustic voice. There was a unicorn couple standing there.

One of them was a unicorn mare with pale light grayish olive fur, a pale light grayish indigo mane and tail, moderate persian blue eyes with moderate cyan eyeshadow, clothing consisting a white polo shirt with a pink scarf, two pink pearl earrings and a cyan pearl necklace, and her flank had a cutie mark of three cyan dollar signs. The other was a unicorn stallion with spring greenish gray fur, a dark gray mane and tail, moderate azure eyes, clothing consisting a green polo shirt with a white scarf, glasses, and his flank had a cutie mark of three white fighter jets.

“Oh, Rarity. How thoughtful to see you here,” said the unicorn mare. “Well, if it isn’t Upper Crust and Jet Set,” Rarity said. “I see you remember us,” Jet Set said. “I know you and Rarity had problems about her being from Ponyville, but it’s actually one of the friendliest places you’ve ever seen. You just haven’t been there,” Starlight said. “True,” Upper Crust said, until she saw Thomas being held in Fluttershy’s hoof. “And what do we have here?”

Thomas then buried himself with Fluttershy’s mane and chest fur, then she patted her green shoe hoof. “Oh, this is my son, Thomas,” she said. “I promise he means no harm towards both of you,” Rarity said. Thomas looked up at the two unicorns. “Hi,” Thomas said softly. “You are... THE MOST PRECIOUS THING I’VE EVER SEEN!!!” Upper Crust exclaimed, as she gently ruffled his hair, and then gently scooted over, and then the child leaned over carefully and hugged her chest as her turquoise bead necklace touched the top of his head. “Aww, and just look how adorable you are! Hahahahaha!” Upper Crust chuckled. Thomas blushed as he rested his head on her chest fur underneath her shirt and necklace. “He does that, and he has a big generous and thoughtful heart,” Fluttershy said. “And that’s why we love him.”

Upper Crust smiled warmly at the colt hugging her, and then she placed her hoof on his shoulder and leaned her head down and gave him a kiss on the top of his forehead. “It was very nice to meet you, little darling. So if you’ll excuse us, we’ll continue enjoying this event,” Upper Crust said. “Come, my dear,” Jet Set said, as he and his wife went off. “I didn’t even know they were into children,” Rarity said. “Guess my precious little one’s cuteness made them have a change of heart,” Fluttershy said as she continued to comfort her son.

“Thomas? Are you enjoying the summit?” Twilight asked. “Yes, Auntie Twilight,” Thomas said. “Good,” Twilight said. “Thomas? Why don’t we go sit somewhere private, precious?” Rarity asked. “Okay,” Thomas said. When they went to a more quiet place in the gardens, they all laid on four legs and gazed at both Luna’s beautiful moon and the stars in the night sky. Rarity also laid Thomas against her chest as he nuzzled with her soft chest fur. “Beautiful, isn’t it? The moon?” Rarity asked. “Yeah, it is,” Twilight said. “Princess Luna does a good job keeping the night nice and quiet for everypony.”

“Indeed. It’s beautiful when it’s quiet at night,” Fluttershy said. “I just wish we could all watch the stars every night,” Starlight said. “Me too,” Twilight said. They all suddenly saw Thomas sleeping in Rarity’s cradle. “Aww, he must be exhausted,” Rarity cooed. “My sweet baby boy,” Fluttershy said, as she leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. They continued to enjoy the night as Thomas continued to sleep in Rarity’s forelegs.