• Published 7th Nov 2020
  • 5,676 Views, 33 Comments

Good Times in Equestria: Thomas’s Adventures in Ponyville - GoebelTron



This is a short story collection that takes place after the first one, and during some of Season 6.

  • ...
2
 33
 5,676

Rarity’s New Manehattan Boutique

On the train to Manehattan, Thomas sat next to his Auntie Rarity and leaned by her side. “What will I see in Manehattan, Auntie Rarity?” Thomas asked. “Oh, it’s just so splendidly marvelous, darling! Manehattan is like the biggest city in Equestria! There are lots of shops, some restaurants, a few theaters, and some digital screens that work magically,” Rarity said. “That almost sounds like Manhattan in my world, but it’s where the orphanage is,” Thomas said. “It makes me want to cry if I keep r-rem-remembering t-th-that horrible...” He was cut off by Rarity hugging him, “Shhhhhh... Don’t cry, darling. I’m sure you’ll fit right in.” Rarity softly stroked his cheek with her hoof, and then she gave him a kiss on the nose, and then saw him hugging her left flank and resting his head on the side of her belly.

When the train stopped, Rarity and the others got off, and then Thomas climbed onto Fluttershy’s back and then they all went together. While they walked downtown, Thomas saw the resemblance of this city to his version of Manhattan in New York. They suddenly saw an empty shop where Rarity said they’d set up the store.

“This place looks like it had its works,” Applejack said. “You said it. This could probably use some work,” Rainbow Dash said. “Umm... I’m kinda flattered you thought about setting up the store here, Rarity,” Fluttershy said. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Twilight asked. “Of course I am! I have a generous heart for fashion, and I’m going to make “Rarity For You” successful, if you all agree to help,” Rarity said. “And Thomas? Since you’re a little fragile for this...” Rarity then tried to do something nice for him, then an idea popped in her head. “Why don’t we go for a small tour in Manehattan? Starting with some lunch because I have a feeling you might be feeling a little bit famished right now.”

“Okay,” Thomas said, as he felt Rarity magically lifting him up and then he was placed on her back. “Alright, could you all tidy up the place while I’m gone? I need this to look extremely fabulous and little bit like... my sense of style!” They all nodded, and Rarity nodded in agreement, “And don’t worry, Fluttershy darling. I will take care of him while you get to work and come up with some ideas.” Fluttershy nodded and then she and the others got started after Rarity took Thomas out for lunch.


Meanwhile, at a restaurant, Rarity ordered some veggie salad and Thomas ordered a hay burger with hay fries. “So, are you enjoying your first time here in Manehattan, precious?” Rarity asked. “Yeah, but I wanna see more,” Thomas said. “I know, darling, but don’t worry. I have something even better,” Rarity said, as she showed him two tickets for a theater show. “What type of show are we seeing?” Thomas asked. “It’s a surprise,” Rarity replied in singsong.

Meanwhile, at the abandoned store, the Mane 5 were continuing to tidy up the place by sweeping, dusting, and mopping. “Man, this is almost like the time we helped clean up the Castle of the Two Sisters, ain’t that right?” Applejack asked. “Totally,” Rainbow Dash said. “Maybe we can surprise Rarity... with a fashion show themed party!” Pinkie Pie said. “I think that’s a good idea, but we better ask somepony to help make some adjustments, like some clothes and dresses,” Twilight said.

Fluttershy went to her animal friends to ask them, “Umm... I know you’re all trying to get some relaxing time, but if you’re not that busy... I’d like to ask you all just one favor for me.” After Fluttershy explained everything, the animals were delighted to help.

Pinkie Pie saw DJ-Pon3 with her huge boom box, and then went to talk to her, “Umm... I know I’m trespassing, but is it okay if I ask you a hugely teensy request for you?” DJ-Pon3 nodded in agreement.

Rainbow Dash came back with some fashion ponies, “Okay, so the reason I called you here is because our friend Rarity is counting on us to make the place look fashionable, so if you agree to help and show us what you’ve got on the fabrics, you’ve got the job.” The fashion ponies nodded in agreement and worked on the sewing and stitching with the animals as they used their instincts to help make the clothes. Twilight then sorted every dress and other set of clothes in a pile on each rack.

Later on, Rarity and Thomas, who rode on her back, were walking down the street of Manehattan and enjoying themselves after seeing the show in the theater. “That was beautiful, Auntie Rarity. Can we see another one like that next time we come?” Thomas asked. “Of course, precious. I’m always happy to take you anywhere that makes you happy,” Rarity said. They then walked back over to the store, and then they saw that the place was fully decorated with lots of fashionable decor and dresses. “What’s all of this?”

“SURPRISE!” they all shouted in unison. “I... I don’t believe it,” Rarity said, as she gazed at all the beautiful setup in awe. “You actually did this... with help?” Rarity then made a sad browed warm smile. “Do you like it, Auntie?” Thomas asked. “You were in on this, darling?” Rarity asked, as he climbed down. He then held her hoof, “We wanted to make it a surprise for you, so they asked you to watch over me and take me for a stroll around the city as a distraction so they can take care of everything.”

Rarity smiled warmly when tears in her eyes, and then she hugged Thomas against her soft warm groomed chest, and then she kissed the top of his head. “Thank you all, especially you, my darling little nephew, for helping me,” Rarity said, as Thomas gently pressed his cheek against her chest, listening to her heartbeat. “Aww, it was nothing!” Pinkie Pie said. “Now, let’s got this boutique grand opening party started! DJ-Pon3, could you cue the music?!” The DJ pony nodded and played some soft party music, and then the room started glowing with everypony entering the shop, and then Rarity held Thomas in her hoof and then made her announcement, “Rarity For You is now open for business!”