• Published 3rd Nov 2020
  • 5,198 Views, 229 Comments

Spike Dorcha - Dragon-In-Black



Spike Sparkle Solaris, is one day banished from Equestria for a crime he didn't commit. He then proceeds to build up his own nation.

  • ...
29
 229
 5,198

Kidnapping

Everything was so different from the last time he had been there. The last time had been years ago before he had been banished. The clouds didn’t look as “happy” as they used to be. The buildings of Ponyville seemed to have been divided into two factions: one that believed he was guilty and one that believed he was not guilty. Although he did notice that the ponies who seemed to have believed he was guilty looked a little grey like when Discord made the element bearers turn against each other. Spike cackled as he thought about that. They deserved it.

Spike moved quietly through the small town and used the invisibility spell that made him invisible. Some ponies in the town that seemed to be die-hard believers of his had flags on their front door porch and even carried his flag on their hooves as if they were his commanders, officers, and other higher-ups within his military. Spike grinned widely as he saw that many of the ponies in the small town were only speaking greatly about him. He saw two particular ponies that he always enjoyed being around. They were Lyra and Bon-Bon. They were currently discussing Badlands and how to get there. Spike seemed surprised at this and decided to listen more carefully.

“So Lyra, how do you reckon we get inside the country? I believe his majesty is busy with other duties than looking into creatures who want to defect into his glorious nation.” Bon-Bon asked as she sipped her vanilla milkshake as she sat outside with her best friend at Sugarcube Corner. Her friend that was mint coated had a look of thoughtfulness. It seemed like she hadn’t fully decided, or hadn’t fully thought it through. Spike chuckled to himself at that. She was far from stupid, but she could be quite dense sometimes.

“I don’t know, Bon-Bon. I was kind of hoping that Spike would simply get us the visas and we would be in the clear after we tell our advisors and guides that we want to defect. I do understand that it is a lot more complicated than that, but still,” Lyra said, as she sighed sadly. Times were tough in Equestria ever since the citizens found out that it was Gilda that was behind the murder of Fleur De Lis. It was even more challenging considering that Badlands had blown Griffinstone away into billions of tiny pieces. Lyra would always be loyal to Spike and the same could be said with Bon-Bon.

The both they sat outside of had an umbrella that made the unforgiving sunlight not torch them. It was a hot day and everypony was trying their best to stay cool. Lyra and Bon-Bon on the other hand didn’t care as much as they wanted to join in the ranks of Spike’s army and do the most impossible of missions. Missions that would be considered suicide because of the difficulty of the missions. Mrs Cake had been supporting their dreams and told them to say ‘hello’ to Spike. Many children had run away from their homes because some of the parents still believed that Spike was the killer of Fleur De Lis, but many supporters of Spike had ‘silenced them’ in a sense that they had been threatened with their life. This understandably made many ponies around Equestria become quiet to not say what they thought.

“I simply want to defect there right now, not even bother to look back,” Lyra stated as her friend nodded in her direction. “Gilda really screwed up big time. I remembered when she bullied most of us and was not very friendly. But I never thought that she would stoop so low as to commit murder. I’ll tell you this: I wouldn’t be surprised if his Majesties demanded that they handed her over to Badlands. She caused a war without fully understanding it.” Bon-Bon simply nodded at that as she suddenly out of nowhere felt chilly. She shrugged it off and she then didn’t feel it at all. Suddenly she felt very warm. She looked around her but didn’t any anypony or creature around and assumed that her body was playing tricks on her.

Spike was walking with heavy steps hitting the dirt ground, leaving of a trial that he didn’t give a flying feather about. He was simply too angry to even listen to anything else. There was something that made Spike frown at himself. He didn’t seem or act surprised, just plain angry. He shrugged it off, there was no possible way he could have known unless if something was messing with his memories. He shrugged that thought away. He had a mission to complete and he wasn’t intending on leave without the thing that he needed the most. Spike decided to head towards the darkest part of Equestria that was known as the Hollow Shades. On the outside, it may look like it was abandoned, but in reality: it is the darkest place in Equestria magic wise, and creatures wise.

Spike looked at the houses around him and saw how cheerful the houses were. He sighed as he remembered the past when he was a rampaging dragon that destroyed half the town. It wasn’t his proudest moment. The ponies were chatting amongst themselves as they didn’t look as cheerful or happy as they used to be. Spike felt responsible, but he knew deep down that it wasn’t his fault. Spike simply couldn’t bear to see more of the town as he charged his magic up and with a faint ‘pop’ he was gone, not realising that a mare had seen him the whole time. . .

Spike reappeared just outside of Hollow Shades and saw all the signs of ‘abandonment’ and he walked in with ease and power. He couldn't make the other creatures think that he was weak. He had to look powerful and imposing. That was the way of a ruler. He made himself visible and he looked around the small stone buildings and sculptures. The air was thick and it felt weird as it hit Spike’s lungs. He also felt a little paranoid as he looked all around him. He was expecting somepony or another creature to attack him, but nothing happened.

Spike then felt how the ground he was standing on started to shake. Spike started running faster than a leopard. The ground continued to shake Spike then couldn’t move. He was frozen in place, he felt something hold him, something magical. He used all of his magical ability to get away to no avail. The grey stone underneath him started to crack and shake, and Spike did everything he could to get away, but then decided that this truly was his end. He decided to accept his fate, hoping that Vux would be able to rule while he died.

Spike was yanked downwards, totally expecting his demise. He had closed his eyes, but when he didn’t feel anything for a whole to minutes he decided to open his eyes and saw that there were hundreds of creature in robes that were chatting, selling, practising and whatnot. Spike saw that the roots that had yanked him were away, but he still felt it there somehow. Spike walked away from the spot and moved towards the hundreds of creatures that were enjoying themselves. Spike saw thousands of different books that Spike had never heard or seen before. He was amazed by the sheer size of the place. It was bigger than his whole country combined!

Spike felt a lot of dark magic and dark magical artefacts that he was interested in buying. But he was on a mission, not a shopping trip. Spike tried to sense the dark orb that he was looking for, but he didn’t sense it anywhere at all. He decided to walk around to see if he was able to sense it. What he didn’t seem aware of, was that there was a pony who was stalking him, following him wherever he went. She was hoping that she could corner him and take him away. She just needed to find the right opportunity. Spike was walking through the crowds as they parted ways for him as some recognised him as their ruler or simply a ruler of a nation that was one of the most advanced and far ahead country in Equestria.

”I must find the dark orb. The war needs to end once and for all,” Spike muttered as if there was an actual war going on. Although, because of the tenseness of the countries, he couldn’t be surprised. Spike needed to be prepared for war and finally, take over Equestria and rule it with an iron claw. The ones who didn’t believe in him would have to bow before him every time they saw him and they would address him with his proper titles without a fuss. Like all things should be. Spike smiled evilly at that. He then said something that made the pony following behind him gasp.

Long Live The KING!!!

The creatures around him looked at him oddly and then shrugged and went back to what they were doing. Spike heard the gasp and turned around and saw a hooded mare. Spike smirked under his helmet. He knew that it was his dear aunt. He didn’t know why she was here of all places, but he knew that it had to do something with him. There was no way she would go to a very dark place unless she had a specific reason for doing so. She had a reason for everything she did which was why she was never a suspect for anything. Even though she had hundreds of dark magic books.

”Hello Princess Luna, I see that you have found me and want to do something with me, but I for once have no idea what.” Spike said, in a voice that suggested that he was irritated. Luna stepped forward and quickly used her magic to capture Spike and teleport him away. Spike stood no chance as he was teleported away into a room that was large and made of stone. Luna smirked in victory. The only way to fully beat her nephew is speed. He was never fast when it came to speed and stopping the enemy that way. Then again, she didn’t fully know him well.

Luna teleported away from the place as she didn’t want to be exposed and be seen as evil again because she was in a place considered evil and dark. She wanted to confront her nephew and see if her suspicions were correct. She had a feeling that there was corruption in play and not money at all. It was mind corruption. She either believed that it was Nightmare Moon or King Sombra as she had just suspected after what Spike had said out loud at the dark underground alley. The only creature she knew said those words were King Sombra and he was vanquished, or so she would like to believe.

Luna saw that her nephew was in the one cell that she only used for enemies that she despised. She didn’t despise her nephew. It was the opposite, it was that she despised the creature that was controlling her nephew. Spike was walking around the room as he saw the stones had many stains on them that could be anything. There were no windows and simply one torch that was bright enough to illuminate the whole room. There was a large dark oak door that leads outside of the room and was being protected by Princess Luna who stood in all her glory in front of it as if she was expecting the door to be blasted away from Spike.

“Well dear nephew, as much as I love you, I have to do this. Although, I suspect that you have been entirely corrupted. Isn’t that right King Sombra?” Luna asked, as she for a very brief second feel into her Nightmare Moon voice that she had not been able to be rid over. She had stopped trying and just accepted that she had that voice. Spike simply looked at Luna, intrigued. He had been caught off guard and not many creatures could claim that. Spike smirked under his helmet. Spike felt the magic in this cell was so weak, he’d barely be able to use it at all. Spike sighed. His aunt had really thought it through. She had always been like that: one step ahead of everypony.

”You are very quick to jump to conclusions. Are you paranoid, or is that something that is in every mare that exists? You always seem to jump to conclusions.” The voice said, mockingly as Luna bot scowled and had a look of confusion. She didn’t recognize that voice. She had faced many foes before, but she didn’t seem to recognize this one even though it spoke to her as it knew her personally.

”Who ist thou?” Luna asked, in the old dialect and the Nightmare Moon voice. Spike chuckled as he leaned forward towards Luna who was looking at him with a very small hint of fear. She was hiding it very well. Spike straightened himself and prepared to see the look of shock on the navy blue princess’ face. It was gonna be priceless but funny.

”I am The Pony Of Shadows. The creature that got banished to limbo with the help of the Pillars and that coward Starswirl.” Shadow Pony said, making Luna look at him with disbelief. This would be a loong conversation. . .

Author's Note:

Finally, I am done. I was stupid enough to not save the old one because I accidentally deleted the old chapter. I do apologise if this seems rushed, as I have noticed it quite clearly these days’ but this was the best I could write and I checked at least four different outcomes, not including this one, but I liked this one the most. I hope you enjoy it!