• Published 3rd Nov 2020
  • 5,197 Views, 229 Comments

Spike Dorcha - Dragon-In-Black



Spike Sparkle Solaris, is one day banished from Equestria for a crime he didn't commit. He then proceeds to build up his own nation.

  • ...
29
 229
 5,197

The Banishment

Spike was in a cell that didn't show any sunlight. He had been imprisoned because somepony claimed he had murdered Fleur De Lis. It wasn't true, because he had been with her husband, which was Fancy Pants. No pony had believed him until Fancy Pants had said himself that he had been with Spike. He didn't believe Spike did it. Someponies had then tried to say that Spike hired somepony to kill Fleur De Lis, at that, Fancy Pants had burst out laughing like a mad pony.

Spike was a purple scaled, and green spiked dragon. He didn't have any wings... or he did, but some guards had cut them off for fun. They had claimed to be under "Princess Celestia's orders," but Spike knew they did it because he was a dragon. That is the only reason they did it. Spike had cried and cried, but no pony came and helped him. He didn't do anything wrong, so why were they torturing him? His cell was in the dungeons, and it was clear that it belonged to real criminals. His cell was filled with filth, dirt, and even some thousand year old dried blood. At least Spike hoped it was a thousand years old...

There were iron bars that kept him inside, and there was a metal door in the middle. Spike had been here for over three days. Or was it longer? Spike couldn't tell. There wasn't any sunlight in the cells at all. Spike heard his trial would be in a few days, and he sincerely hoped he would be released then. Fancy Pants visited him every single day. In fact, he had just left over an hour ago, to get dinner. He had told Spike his trial would be in the morning at the first sunlight. Spike was hoping to be released by then, so he could see his friends again. There was one thing that was bothering him though, he hadn't been visited by any of his friends except Fancy Pants. Spike then realized that they probably believed he killed Fleur De Lis. Spike sighed.

"I really hope they believe me, if not, I'll be all alone. Well, I do have Fancy Pants so that's good. Dang, I forgot that Big Mac and Discord believes I'm innocent." Spike said, out loud to no one. They hadn't been able to visit him because they were preparing for the trial. Discord was actually gonna be his lawyer and Spike hoped Discord had something. He knew that Discord had to follow certain laws and not tell who did what because it was up to the mundanes to find out. Spike was fine with it. He understood, somethings can't simply be shown.

All of a sudden he heard rustling. The metal door opened, and Spike expected to get his breakfast but he was greeted by two guards. One of them wore the night guard armor while the other one wore the Crystal Empire armor. Spike smiled. Luna and Cadence had told Spike in his dream that they didn't believe he did it. The guards looked at Spike and smiled sadly, he sighed. It means it is his trial. He looked up and nodded, he pulled out his arms and they used magic to cuff him so he doesn't "try to escape" which made Spike snort. Why would he try to run away when he wants to show he is innocent? It wouldn't make any sense.

Spike walked with the two guards through the dungeons. The dungeons were filled with dirt, filth, rats, and light from torches that were on a few walls. Spike walked up a staircase that looked very old, and the two guards led him through the castle. The castle itself was majestic, the hallways always had the long red mat, and several windows that showed different parts of the kingdom and Canterlot. Spike walked through the crystal-like corridors and Spike was dreading every moment. What would happen if he is found guilty? What will they do then? Spike didn't want to think about that. He wanted to think positive thoughts, but he couldn't. Spike and the guards were walking down a corridor that lead to the court. The guards looked at Spike and the Crystal guard said; "Don't worry Spike The Brave And Glorious, you will always have support from the Crystal Empire." Spike smiled sadly, and he gave one back. He opened the door, and already, Spike could see some familiar faces. Luna and Cadence sat on either side of Celestia and Twilight and her friends sat on the higher chairs, because they are the saviours of the nation. Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow and Rarity stared at Spike with malice in their eyes. Pinkie Pie was a firm believer Spike didn't do it, along with Fluttershy. The room also had other ponies who would speak among themselves to determine if Spike is guilty or not. Fleurs family were there and they looked at Spike with sadness. They had heard stories about Spike and didn't believe he did it. The room had one chair in the middle and two desks on either side.

Spike was lead to the chair in the middle, and he looked around the room in fear. The ceiling had a shining crystal ball that glowed the whole courtroom. The floor was made out of red stone that had been used to seem intimidating to the ones blamed for crimes. Spike was very much intimidated by it. 'That almost looks like blood.' Spike thought, to himself while the court was getting ready to sentence Spike. Discord was there and never once he looked worried. Spike sighed. It was gonna be a tough court. All of a sudden, Celestia Spoke;

"Mares and gentle Colts, we are gathered here to discuss whether Spike Sparkle is innocent or not." Everypony and creature noticed how Celestia almost said another name. The jury looked at her with sceptical eyes, mostly Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Twilight did also hear it but though Celestia was just coming to terms with this beast. "Spike Sparkle, you have been accused of murdering the wife of Fancy Pants Fleur De Lis. What do you plead?" Celestia asked, staring daggers at her murderus son. She adopted him when Twilight was simply to young, and now he is murdering ponies? She didn't know what to say other than 'I failed him.'

"Not guilty." Spike said, with a voice that showed authority. Someponies in the jury looked at Spike shocked. He said it like a royal would say it. They shrugged it of. No way was he royalty to the princesses any way.

"Discord, what evidence do you have that Spike Sparkle is innocent?" Celestia asked, looking at Discord who wore a serious expression. Celestia hid her shock and surprise. She had never seen him actually look serious before. This was new.

"Well Tia, the evidence I have is that the timeline of the murder doesn't add up. You see Fancy Pants and Spike was at Pony Joes when the murder happened. There were other ponies in there who told me that they were there until your guards came and dragged him to the dungeons. They were at Pony Joes approximately around 20:56 and the murder happened around 20:30. Spike and Fancy pants had been at Pony Joes for the majority of the evening and several snobbish idiots can tell you that." Discord said, everything with a straight face. What everypony noticed was that when he said snobbish idiots, he sounded quite bitter or angry. Celestia didn't comment on the last part.

Someponies in the jury now looked uncertain. If what Discord said was true, then the dragon was free to go. Some of Celestia's guards panicked, specifically the ones who tortured him and cut off his wings. Everypony then noticed that Spike lacked wings. Discord knew of it, and informed Celestia. She didn't know if it was true or not, but now when she looked at Spike she knew it was true. Then she saw his piercing predator eyes. He looked so betrayed, like everything he knew just went up in flames. She shrugged of the feeling and continued.

"Inkwell what evidence do you have that Spike Sparkle did it?" Celestia asked, Inkwell. Inkwell worked for Celestia, but she also worked as a lawyer and she had been hired by an unknown source to defend Fleur De Lis. She firmly believes herself that Spike Sparkle did it.

"Princess, I have evidence that Spike was seen in an alleyway where Fleur De Lis's body was later found. There was claw marks on her that is one of a dragon's, and there is only one dragon in Equestria. We also found that blood had been sucked out from Fleur De Lis's body, and we believe that this ruffian now has a taste for blood." Inkwell said, making Spike look at her as if she had lost it. She knew that Spike was the adopted son of Celestia, so why was she against him? Discord frownd. He wish he could say who it was. 'Ooooh, when they find out who did it. They will drop their jaws.' Discord thought, to himself.

Celestia frowned. Both sides were simply to good, and she really needed to jury to decide. The jury were talking wildly in whispered. Half of them believed Spike was innocent while the other half was divided in two. One part believed Spike did it but had their doubts and the other one firmly believed Spike did it. Luna and Cadence still believed Spike didn't do it, and didn't even listen to the "facts that add up", they simply waited for the final decision. Celestia let the talk go on for five minutes, when she then broke it up.

"Okay. Now, we will have to vote to see what the sentence will be. For those who believe Spike Sparkle is innocent." Celestia said, making several hooves raise in the air. The ones who believed Spike were the notable ones like; Discord, Big Mac, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Fancy Pants and Fleur De Lis's family which surprised the ones who believed Spike was guilty.

"For those who believes Spike Sparkle is guilty." Celestia said, making the rest of the jury, Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack, and Celestia herself raise her hoof. Spike felt tears in his eyes. He was seen as guilty. Spike looked around at the different faces. Luna and Cadence were shocked for the fact that his own mother believed he was guilty. Discord was also shocked, he is the God of chaos so he naturally knew Spike was a prince.

"Spike Sparkle, you are now seen as guilty for the murder of Fleur De Lis. You will be banished from Equestria and if we hear that you have returned, you will face harder consequences." Celestia said, making Spike's eyes fly open. She couldn't be serious could she? She wouldn't...

Discord, Luna, and Cadence's jaws dropped to the floor. They thought he would be exiled simply from Canterlot and Ponyville not the entirety of Equestria! They understand that murder is definitively wrong, but for somedragon who is innocent? When they find out later, the Equestrian government will most likely be seen as corrupt. Perhaps it is since Spike is innocent...

"Tia, y-you can't be serious." Discord said, looking for the first time in his life shocked at Celestia who only looked at Discord with a raised eyebrow. No pony noticed the quick red glint in her eyes which showed the corruption in her head.

"I very much am Discord. This criminal is to be banished from Equestria. You will have twenty minutes together in this room, then he will be banished. Understood?" Celestia asked, and Discord could only nod. The jury left and the main six were there, together with Fancy Pants, Luna, and Cadence. Twilight walked up to her brother figure. She then hit him in the left cheek. Spike cried out in pain. Fancy Pants jumped in-between and stared at Twilight angrily.

"What do you think your doing?!" Fancy Pants shouted, at her. Twilight looked at Fancy Pants with disbelief.

"Fancy Pants, he killed your wife. How could you believe he didn't do it?" Twilight asked, sounding irritated. Fancy Pants face palmed his head and looked at Twilight who looked insulted by the gesture.

"Because he didn't do it. I was with him at Pony Joes. I remember clearly that we were having a good time, then all of a sudden Solar guards just showed up and dragged Spike away." Fancy Pants said, but Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow, and Rarity didn't believe it. Although, Rarity was still uncertain.

"Its true i-" Spike began, but he got a punch in the snout by Rainbow Dash. Spike's nose started to bleed, and then he felt the pain. He felt angry but contained it.

"Shut up! You filthy criminal should be executed for what you did to an innocent mare." Rainbow Dash Said, glaring daggers at Spike in a hateful way.

"Hit him again, and somepony will have nowhere to sleep." Discord said, and any other attack Twilight, Applejack, and Rainbow planned were immediately stopped. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie walked up to Spike and hugged him. They cried into his shoulder.

"Were sorry Spike! We promise to write to you!" Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie chorused together. Spike smiled at them and hugged them hard not wanting to let go. All of a sudden princess Celestia walked inside, and looked at Spike.

"It is time." She said, not looking at anypony or creature except Spike. She then quickly shot the spell at Spike. Spike managed to catch a glimpse of Fluttershy, Pinkie, Fancy Pants, and Discord look at him sadly. He was teleported then to a desert. He landed face first in the sand.

Spike groaned, and pulled himself up from the sand. He looked at his surroundings, and saw that there was a city or village that was very far away. He looked behind himself and saw the Everfree Forest. He sighed. He closed his eyes, and exhaled and re-opened his eyes. They grew green.

Author's Note:

Hello everypony!

This is a story that just randomly came to me one day and i wrote it. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this series.