• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 1,313 Views, 77 Comments

Ponycraft Saga - Book 2: Burning Ocean - Onyx Glitch



Twilight finds herself in a dark burning plain (Minecraft)(2nd)

  • ...
1
 77
 1,313

Day 50 (His Fortress)

//-----------------------------
// Day 50 (His Fortress)
//-----------------------------





I finally made it to the big castle fortress... his fortress. The entire thing is massive easily towering over the heights of the other castles. Its walls from what I could see were about eight blocks thick it’s no wonder why this fortress was still standing the other castles were only one block thick. I’ve been standing here staring at the fortress’s wall for a good amount of time trying to see a way in (no success). If only I had my magic I could tele



Sorry for stopping mid-sentence journal, but I was interrupted. The entrance’s gate opened up and a bridge began to appear... I believe somepony is expecting me. I’m going to explore the fortress a bit then I’ll get back to you.



So after I looked around a little, I’ve decided this place is a maze. I went down one corridor and after hitting a dead end; I turned around going the same direction I came from mind you only to end up in a completely new unexplored corridor. Most of the rooms on each side of the corridors are either locked by iron doors with no way to open them or it’s just a painting of a door... he’s mocking me I bet.



One of the doors I came to however was open, and it lead into a massive library I mean it put mine to complete shame. A lot of the books were old, their words fading and in a unreadable dialect, but still it made me envious.



I stepped up to one of the bookshelves which was oddly pushed into the wall when suddenly several loud sounds erupted from all around me. As if by reflex I bolted for the library’s door, but stopped when it swung shut in my face I turned around and watched in horror as the floor on the opposite side of the room row by row began to collapse in to the darkness below. Finally my row was left, as it collapsed I tried to hold onto one of the bookshelves (no use the shelf came with me).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t where I am, but I must have been out for quite a while



Well I was complaining about the brightness of the Nether, where ever I fell to its dark here. I can see a few torches in the distance I’m going to investigate.



When I reached the torches I found multiple cells and cages this must have been the dungeon that I was in; inside of them were other ponies (none that I could identify and every one of them was without a cutie mark. Each one either had their cutie mark burnt off or crudely cut off). I walked closer to one of the cell’s doors a few looked up with blank sad and confused stares then looked back down at the ground (I’m not certain, but I’m pretty sure that their mouths and eyes were sewn shut and they had only reacted to my hoofsteps). I could just barely make out writing on the walls of their cells.



WHO AM I

WHERE AM I

WHAT IS THIS PLACE

WHY CANT I REMEMBER

THE EYES THEYRE EVERYWHERE

All of this was written in either blood or... brown? ... I really hope that isn’t what I think it is.



I made my way to a door when one of the captive’s hooves touched my shoulder. I turned to it and saw a light blue colt looking towards me (not really looking, just facing me). Its eyes and mouth were indeed sewn shut and I could make out little glistening streams of tears. I told him not to worry, that I would return to free all of them which I actually intended to do.



After leaving the dungeon I found myself in... A KITCHEN!!! SWEET CELESTIA AND DEAR LUNA THANKYOU!!! At first I was immediate to grab the food, but then I slowed down this place has already almost killed me with hallucinations what if... before taking a bite of the food I smelled it and very quickly licked it, it tasted real and like good edible food. I took extreme caution with the water by... well by touching it with journal he didn’t burn up, but he’s really sore at me now though.



I spent the next few minutes stuffing my face with water, bread, melons, apples, and more. After stuffing some food into my bag and refilling my bottles with water I pressed on.



I soon found myself in a room whose walls were covered in various paintings. I took the time to look at some of them now that I wasn’t on the verge of starving. Suddenly the painting in front of me was hit by a fireball, but it was to small to be a ghast.



I turned around and before me was a small creature lit ablaze (its body was made up of a head atop a thick column of smoke, and multiple yellow rods floated around it.) The new creature made a metallic breathing sound as the rods began to furiously spin around it and then it launched another fireball this one landing dangerously close to me.



I had no choice the creature was blocking the only exit. I took my stone sword in mouth and charged at it. It launched two more fireballs at me and I dodged the first, but the second hit my hoof, but I continued the charge. When I reached the creature I viciously swung the sword at it several times until it collapsed in a puff of smoke and dropped one of its rods.



Blaze Rod
Dropped by Blazes, essential for making brewing stands; when grounded down it can be used in making potions. Also used for locating Strongholds.

Blaze
A truly nasty mob usually found within active Nether fortress. Warning there is never just one.

Uh oh



I looked up from the lore and true enough several more blazes floated into the room. (My sword is literally hanging by a thread, I wouldn’t stand a chance.) I picked up the blaze rod and ran through them; as I brushed pass them I got burnt on my sides.



When I made it out the door, quickly as I could; I blocked it off ensuring they couldn’t follow me out.



The door has led me out onto a long walkway floating above an ocean of lava. Across the walkway was another building. I’m going to take a moment before I make my way to it; the voices are getting quieter... this must be my destination.