• Published 6th Sep 2020
  • 700 Views, 6 Comments

The Elder Scrolls IV: The Equestrian Crisis - Elmaster48



Princess Twilight Sparkle and The Champion of Cyrodill each completed their own journey and form of ascension, but now they will have to face a new challenge when the two of them started to see in the sky the world the other one tried to protect.

  • ...
1
 6
 700

Chapter 8

I will I get rest when I die? Not if those cursed daedra have anything to say about it.

I know than the world in the sky isn’t of daedric origin, but I still think that the daedra have something to do with this.

Supposedly I’m now a daedric prince, but I’m now in the body of a winged unic- of an alicorn somewhere in skyrim. So I think is more probable that I’m now mad and sheogorath is laughing at me somewhere.

I mean that is better that the alternative, imagine what the other daedra would think of one of their fellow degenerates getting turned into a pony for misusing its own artifact, only to be later was jailed in pony land and its now freezing in the worst region of tamriel… well second worse, Black Marsh still takes the cake, being covered in weird gunk while being poisoned by some gross creature before dying from an unknown disease that would make Peryite proud is far worse than freezing to death.

Either way a Daedic Prince suffering such fate would be the laughing stock of the entire pantheon for the rest of eternity.

Okay enough moping. Crying about my misfortune isn’t going to make it go away.

The majority of folk think that Skyrim is just snow, but in truth skyrim has variety of climates and fauna, true the majority of that fauna is more dangerous than the one of Cyrodill… but at the center of Skyrim there is the hold of Whiterun. There the climate is a little warmer and few monsters.

I could go there, find a town and steal some map and compass. It would be difficult to carry but I will manage..


You know, having a world in the sky is still unsettling, but not so much as being IN that world. But what I find unsettling is how the sun moved and almost immediately came the moon… a moon… ONLY ONE MOON???

That moon look nothing like Masser or Secunda, my horror can only be topped with the thought of how much would be suffering the khajiits, a good portion of their society revolve about the moons , part of me is thankful I’m in skyrim instead of Elsweyr.

But again this came with the moon appearing so soon. This might be an artificial moon?

I must hurry, I need to go to the imperial city and speak with Ocato… or go to cloud ruler temple and speak with Jauffre, is closer now than I think about it.


I walked for hours, I don’t know where I’m going, but i stop seen snow and the temperature is getting warmer.

I’m aware that now I have wings and I could potentially fly, I saw those Pegasus having their wings folded in a certain way, I imitate it and these wings don’t cause much trouble… but I’m still unable to fly with them like any of those Pegasus.

…I wonder if I would be even allowed to fly. The levitation act forbids using magic to fly… but technically I would be using wings to fly, not some sort of levitation spell.

Either way the only way I have to travel thou skyrim is on fo- hooves.

I walked for a long time without seen anything interesting… then I saw something weird at the distance… a piece of rock floating at the sky?

I decided to run towards it, I was curious at what it was. I doubt it has anything to do with the crisis but I needed to know what it could be, call it my adventurer insists.

After running for some minutes I finally got there… it was some kind of rock in the shape of a circle, at the center there was a portal where an anchor came from it and nails itself to the ground.

I think I heard of this before… but I can’t recall…

I think before Tiber Septim founded the empire there was a war between 3 alliances that wanted control of Cyrodill, i heard the war got bloodier after Molag Bal invaded tamriel.

This could be the work of Molag Bal? Either way, I went there and I found a group of nord warriors fighting a group of daedra.

¨BY YSMIR ALL OF YOU SHALL SUFFER MY WRATH!!!¨

The warcries of nords are legendary, and by each nord fallen there was 30 more daedra that fell. Still those numbers were unacceptable, I join in… hoping they don’t confuse me with a daedra. Just to make sure i will try to not use magic, specially a summoning spell.

¨WHAT IN THE NAME OF TALOS IS THAT???¨

Yeah… seen a purple pony with wings and a horn appearing out of nowhere and joining the fight sure is going to raise some eyebrows. Either way I will not let these nords die over nothing, they quickly realized I came as an ally and didn’t attack me.

I was a little limited in my options, I mostly did kicks, i would latter manag to take a steel sword from a fallen nord and use it to slay some daedra. Yeah I used my teeth, yeah it took me a time to get used to it, but I continue to kill some of those daedra.


We continued to kill horde after horde of daedra. These nords refuse to either surrender or flee. Maybe is their bravery that inspire me to continue fighting, but things look grim, I took a well couple of hits and I was bleeding. The daedra didn’t give me time to cast a healing spell, I didn’t have any potion. It was a matter of time before one of these daedra landed the killing blow.

Then an idea came, it was suicidal but… I noticed that the daedra made some effort to make sure I didn’t get to close to the chain… maybe that’s their equivalent to the sigil stone. Doesn’t look like something I can remove… but maybe I can break it, i dropped the sword from my mouth and scream at the top of my lungs:

¨THE CHAIN!!! IT MUST BE THEIR WEAKNESS!!!¨

They were an army of daedra, I think was 50 of them... and I was an injured pony standing alongside 10 equally injured nords, we would had to fight that army just to destroy something that maybe is just decoration… any master tactician would say we should run away to safety, but you know what these 10 nords and their pet pony did?

¨CHARGE!!!¨

We did just that, who give that order? Not me, I couldn’t recognize who say it.

Maybe it was the gods, because it looks like they were on our side, we kill daedra after daedra, from smelly scamps, passing from dreadful dremora and even one dangerous xivilai.

We either kill them or left them in the ground while we continued to march on. We were going to get at that chain…

And we did just that, we hit the chain with everything we had. Finally one of the nords who had a big war hammer struck the blow that finally broke the chain, it would made a batter story if I did it? Yes… it matters? Not really.

Fortunately the chain didn’t strike anyone… but neither struck a daedra unfortunately. The stone in the sky ended up dissapearing and the portal was closed, the daedra were still here. But now it only remain the clean up like in the battle of Kvatch, this was the easy part.


The daedra are now death… well send back to oblivion if we are being technical. This counted as a victory.

¨THIS VICTORY SHALL BE REMEMBER BY YEARS TO COME!!!¨

The nords are now celebrating, they know how to take punishment and keep standing… but I was barely able to keep at my fe- hooves. I was bleeding and if I didn’t receive proper care I would surely die…

¨take it, you survived this battle and you deserve to survive this day¨

One of the nords, a red hair woman put a healing potion in my mouth. I drink it gladly, I really needed one. After finish it she brought me a stamina potion. They sure are glad than I help them.

¨What are you? I doubt you are a daedra¨

From where to being? You know what, I know what to say.

¨I’m a pony, specifically an alicorn¨

The nord woman laughed, she found my response amusing. The fact is, I can´t tell them the whole story, they wouldn't believe me, so I guess I should lie to them. Also they might be needed in skyrim more than in cyrodill, these are not normal warriors.

¨who are you? some kind of order of warriors?”

The woman laughed at my question… sure they aren’t bandits right? they were too brave for that.

¨The Companions, we are an order of warriors always ready for a fight. We were out here trying to organize a hunting game when those cursed daedra opened that portal, we thank you for the help, you fought well¨

I nodded. I think I heard of The Companions before, they are one of the most powerful and ancient order of warriors not just of Skyrim but all of Tamriel. The only order of warriors that can rival them i think could be The Blades…

Yeah, getting a compliment from them is really that big of an honor.

¨this fight was unexpected, but we welcome it, as it does our dear shield-brothers and shield-sisters who fell and now are feasting at Sovengarde. But now that we are done celebrating I shall make a question… what is your name? ¨

Yeah I think is better to keep the lie.

¨Twilight Sparkle¨

Yeah is a silly name, who names their kids like that anyway? ¨Fluttershy¨ ¨Rainbow Dash¨ sure living in Cyrodill made me used to hear weird names, but these ones really takes the cake. Either way that is the name than i used to present myself.

One of the nords approach me, it was the big one who demolished the chain.

¨is an honor Twilight Sparkle, I guess you are from the world in the sky, you might have your own mission but we invite you at Jorrvaskr to feast in honor of this victory¨

Well with the help of the companions the worry of how getting back at cyrodill is now a no longer a problem. Maybe they could get me some provisions and from there i can walk all the way to Cloud Ruler Temple. I nodded and we walked in direction to the city of Whiterun.


After some hours of walking we got to the city of Whiterun, it is a very interesting place. It was totally different from the cities of Cyrodill… and at the same time it feels like a very hospitable place.

I guess isn’t just the location why this is considered the trade capital of Skyrim. Is true that solitude will be the official capital of Skyrim while the empire still holds this region, but for many this is the hearth of the province.

I marched alongside this little band of warriors, the citizens saw me totally amazed, don’t blame them… I found interesting seeing so many children putting more attention to me rather than the honorable warriors they aspire to one day be.

Meanwhile I say amazed at my surrounding. There were a lot of flags with the symbol of an eagle, maybe the flag of the city?. But there was no imperial flag on sight. Even thou this city is part of the Empire they pretty much rule themselves.

The architecture was interesting, I thought the architecture would be the same as Bruma… but it was totally different, it felt totally different from Bruma. It might don’t be have big walls like any city of Cyrodill, but knowing how brave the nord warriors are it looks like the walls are made to keep the wildlife out instead of an impending army.

I can imagine that if an imperial ask them where is their walls, you know in mockery for having walls so small… a nord commander would simply point at his troops.

Anyway, I like this city. I continued to appreciate it while me and the companions marched towards Jorrvaskr.

Sure things are going to be interesting from here.


I’m now drinking alongside the Companions, to my surprise there was not only nords. They were minotiry but I saw a couple of imperials and even an orc. I guess The Companions isn’t a nord exclusive organization as I thought.

Either way I enjoyed the mead, I don’t think I drink something this good since I left for the shivering isles more than a month ago.

I think this is the only good thing that has happened to me in this couple of days, maybe it would had been a better idea to remain in the Shivering Isles rather than going to the imperial city, but I can´t simply go back in time every time I screw things up…. But I admit that if I had that ability I would abuse it.

After the celebration ended I was called to go to the lower floor, there it was the leader of the Companions.

¨I hope you enjoyed your mead, you must be from the world in the sky. For what I was told you haven’t come as an aggressor.¨

By the nine… is very humiliating to think than these bloodthirsty nords are more sensible than me, I attacked this mare and well… still suffering the consequences, but I guess it can be because I help them in that bloody fight.

¨yes, I was send here to know how to solve this crisis¨

I need to be cautious with any… question that really I don’t know, aside that this pony is called Twilight Sparkle and she comes from Equestria i know next to nothing about that place.

¨I will not ask details about the world in the sky. I will let that to the scholars , but do you have any idea of how to solve this crisis?¨

I don’t, but… I think that i would find a way either in the Imperial City or Cloud Ruler Temple. With the might of the empire, the blades or the mages guild I might have a chance.

¨when I went to this world I found a dairy in the corpse of a fallen warrior, he too was trying to fix this disaster¨

The best story i could come up with.

¨and the dairy? ¨

Damn that is a good question... but i know what to say.

¨it was burned, long story¨

Well that is true, it still saddens me that I destroy it, but I don’t trust those ponies with information so critical about the Empire… yeah it was a bad idea write in such detail about my travels, if I write another dairy I will be more vague about important information. It would had been a complete disaster if the Mythic Dawn captured me along with the dairy…

¨the Mages Guild doesn’t have a hall in this city, the only mage here is the court mage. He probably is exited at the opportunity to talk with you and help you in your journey. But I guess you are tired so I invite you to rest in some of the beds we have here¨

Well, I can get some rest, tomorrow morning I will speak with that court mage, if i have any luck soon i will be in Cyrodill.