• Published 6th Sep 2020
  • 701 Views, 6 Comments

The Elder Scrolls IV: The Equestrian Crisis - Elmaster48



Princess Twilight Sparkle and The Champion of Cyrodill each completed their own journey and form of ascension, but now they will have to face a new challenge when the two of them started to see in the sky the world the other one tried to protect.

  • ...
1
 6
 701

Chapter 11

Twilight and Starlight finally got to the Mysterius land of Tamriel. Specifically the province of Cyrodill. A place quite mysterius, and for some reason too familiar, maybe could be because they were here not so long ago, but also because the fauna isn’t too different from equestria, at least in the area where they are in.

Both Twilight and Starlight saw their surroundings, they teleported to the same location they did before. But thanks to the map they know now that they are close to the city of Bruma, and down south they would get to the Imperial City.

Both Twilight and Starlight saw their surroundings, they teleported to almost the same location they did before. A few kilometers south but that wasn’t a problem, they didn’t wanted to go up nort to Bruma, instead they wanted to go more far down south to the Imperial City.

¨well, at least in this body I won’t be attacked, but just to be sure¨ Twilight gave a glare to Starlight, it was clear what she was going to suggest

¨fortunately that incident from yesterday isn’t going to repeat again¨ Starlight immediately turned invisible.

Both friends walked down south with direction to the Imperial City.

It might take some time so both friends decided to have a little chat.

¨you know, i rarely visit Sunset Shimmer aside when there is a problem, maybe I should visit her more often. Maybe pass the time with the Rainbooms or-¨

¨make more exercise with a body with 2 legs? I know how difficult and tiresome is to walk in 2 legs, I wonder how sunset got used to it¨ even thou Starlight was invisible it was clear by the tone of her voice she was happy.

¨You know, back when i was a little filly, Princess Celestia gave me a routine exercise that I followed since then. She told me that a healthy body helps to keep a mind healthy. I guess Celestia said the same to Sunset and she took it to heart, both as a pony and as a human¨ Twilight stop for a second to look at her hands ¨well not this kind of human, I never became athletic or anything. It is weird how this body somehow feels… lighter¨

Starlight pointed out ¨well, that guy might had done a lot of running¨ Starlight had a small chuckle but then thought of something else ¨now I think about it, I wonder what Rainbow Rash would win a competition¨

¨what do you mean?¨ Twilight was caught a little by surprise.

¨well, both Rainbow Dashes, both the pegasus and the human are quite athletic. There might be differences between them but both of them love sports, and they are quite competitive. I wonder how a competition between them would be¨ Starlight question was an interesting one… but one that it had a ratter obvious answer.

¨I think who would win the competition would depend if they are playing as either pony or human, it is difficult to move around in such an unfamiliar body, and all the training they had for their respective fields would rarely work if for example a pegasus try to run in 2 legs¨ even Twilight was disappointed with that, watching both Rainbow Dashes and maybe both applejacks competing would be a sight to behold.

¨yeah, it would be a little unfair to get them such disadvantages, but at least would be entertaining ¨ Starlight was amused at the whole ordeal, she was going to suggest the possibility of one remaining as human and the other as a pegasus for such competition. but then she noticed how little they walked. So she became visible again and told to Twilight ¨I think it would be for the best if we throated instead of just walk, it would be for the best if we got to the Imperial City before night¨

Twilight nodded and started to throat, Starlight became invisible again and troted alongside her friend.


They throated for a few hours, the forest and road started to get less and less snow, until they finally stop feeling cold.

The relief of no longer dealing with freezing winds it was only topped with something that stop them right in their tracks, they started to see at the distance none other than the Imperial City.

¨amazing!, looks very similar to the crystal empire at the distance¨ Twilight was impressed by the sight, a giant tower while the rest of the city rest below. She almost dared to say than it was bigger.

¨what impress me is the huge walls, I know than the daedric invation was devastating but I doubt they made such huge walls so soon, it looks so… militarized¨ Starlight was expecting something like Canterlot. A city that looks like a giant palace that welcome everycreature, not an impenetrable fortress where nothing gets in or out without express authorization.

¨I imagine than inside is quite beautiful, maybe if they recognize me as the champion they might be more friendly¨ Twilight was optimistic, maybe it was the hope than the creatures from the empire would recognize the need for working together, or could be also the thrill of finally discovering a new place and new cultures.

¨knowing you, you probably want to scour the local library. But seriously i think we should be cautious, you know how things went with their little champion, and by the way how protected that city looks I doubt they will be welcoming to outsiders¨ Starlight was cautious.

¨eventually the truth will come out, I think would be for the best if we told them instead of being discovered. Maybe Ocato is important in the Empire, so if we make a good impression then the empire might help us¨ Twilight knew that this conflict would only be resolve with cooperation of both Equestria and the empire.

Both agreed than getting to the imperial city would be for the best, they continued to walk a few meters, the trees stop obstructing the view and then they saw something that… annoyed both of them

¨REALLY?¨ Starlight couldn't believe what she could see.

¨i can understand the need for protecting their city, but constructing it in an island in the middle of a huge lake is completely going overboard¨ even Twilight agree, these humans are paranoid.

Before any of them consider the option of swimming there they notice a small sing.

-

Imperial city =>

-

¨So the bridge must be there, this is completely ridiculous¨ Twilight was completely frustrated with idea of surrounding the lake until they found a bridge.

¨I’m starting to dislike these humans¨ Starlight was very close to simply teleporting into that city and get this travel over with… but suddengly appearing out of nowhere would freak out the people from the Imperial city so…

¨then we have to walk for even more miles?¨ Starlight asked, knowing the answer but at the same time fearing it.

Twilight nodded, confirming Starlight fear.


After a couple of hours walking both of them finally got to the bridge.

To the surprise of both there wasn’t guards, at least none they could see. Still they aren’t taking chances so Starlight would keep invisible and walk slowly to avoid producing noise, while Twilight would also walk slowly so they both keep track.

Finally after crossing the bridge they finally got to a gate, it was smaller than they were expecting but at this point nothing could surprise them of this city.

¨ok here goes or nothing¨ Twilight opened the door. Making sure to leave it open enough time so Starlight could enter too once Twilight close the door… she turned to the incredible sight of a enormous statue of a dragon.

¨wow, looks like Ember…¨ Twilight quickly shut her mouth, even thou she planned to reveal she wasn’t the champion of cyrodill eventually she didn’t wanted to blew her cover.

Even so Twilight couldn't stop being impressed at the statue of the dragon, it was big. She expected dragons to be important to the empire considering how their currency has dragons engraved on it. She almost wonder if the ruler is a dragon.

But before Starlight could try to call her out so she start searching for Ocato instead of watching at the statue a human in a big bulky armor walked towards Twilight

¨By the nine, the champion of Cyrodill, is good that you finally here. Ocato will be pleased to see you¨ the human in armor thought he was talking with the champion, if only he knew…

¨and where is Ocato?¨ Twilight asked on Instinct, she was now deeply worried thinking that she just blew her cover.

¨at the imperial palace of course, you can’t miss it. It was an honor to see you¨ and then the guy in bulky armor continued his path. By the way his armor look is probable than he was a guard.

Starlight whispered to Twilight. ¨do you think the imperial palace is the huge tower?¨

Twilight smiled ¨I guess, it was easier than expected¨


Meanwhile at the dragon lands Rainbow Dash was arguing her case.

¨come on, just give us a couple of minutes and we will break that chain¨ Rainbow Dash was sure of her plan.

¨just if you aren’t swarmed by those monsters, and that would be assuming the 4 of you go there. I doubt your yellow friend wants to fight¨ fluttershy nodded at Ember comment ¨and Spike would die instantly in such a fight, no offense but even if I agree with this plan you would not go¨ Spike understood Ember worry.

¨come on, just tell the dragons to stop covering the place on fire so we can go there and break the chain…¨ and then Rainbow remembered how resistant to fire dragons are ¨…or simply send Garble to break the chain while the place is on fire¨

Garble was not amused by the comment, neither Ember.

Spike finally interjected ¨Well, maybe more dragons could go and charge in there. And fly under the portal and spire fire constantly there, they probably would refuse to enter here and we will have enough time to break the chain¨

Rainbow Dash flied over spike and pick him up with her hooves totally exhilarated ¨that’s a good idea, you see Ember? We will break that chain and close the portal¨

¨you sure change your plans quickly, now I see why Spike said that Twilight is the one with the plans¨ Ember comment caused Rainbow to drop spike.

¨then, you will do it?¨ fluttershy asked

¨I guess so, I will call some dragons and then we will plan something. Maybe this could work¨ Finally Ember agreed on this crazy plan.


A couple of hours passed, dragons positions themselves into 3 teams.

The first team would charge until they get close to the portal, once there they will spit fire directly into the portal, with that making sure no monster came from it. The dragons that were covering the place on fire would finally get their well-deserved rest

The second team would go directly to the chain, they would hit it until it finally breaks, they would be below the first team.

And the Third team would be on hold, waiting to assist any injured dragon in case some monster manages to break through the improvised shield of fire. Hopefully that wouldn't happen…

Unfortunately it did happen.

¨dammit, they are more that I thought¨ garble was in the first team, trying to reduce to ashes the descending monsters, until one of them finally got to him and started to bite and scratch him.

Meanwhile Fluttershy was flying at the battlefield with the third team, before they got close she said to the dragons ¨things are bad out there, remember the plan. we will get the injured ones out of there, we don’t fight we save¨ is true that Fluttershy wanted to be OUT of that battle, but she wasn’t going to sit by and let dragons just die, she flew alongside the third team to the battle, not to fight but to evacuate any injured dragon.

¨just keep kicking and punching, we can do this!¨ Rainbow Dash was slaming her body with the chain trying to broke it, it was tougher that she thought but the cracks on the metal made clear than it would break sooner or later.

Meanwhile outside of this battlefield at a small hill there was both Spike and Ember, watching the battle.

¨I never liked violence, but I think you should had let me go¨ Spike might be young and small, but he wanted to contribute, Ember simply limited to point at a dragon falling to the ground... with a huge spider monster on top of him, it was clear that spike wouldn't last long there.

¨I admit I too want to go there. But I as Dragon Lord I’m the only one capable of giving a signal to call the dragons, I know that if i do it that would mean that i have to announce my retirement and the competition for a new Dragon Lord, but I take that if that means they retreat instead of dying¨ Ember watched at her scepter, considering at what point she should make the call.


The battle continued for more minutes and things now look grim, the dragons of the first team were almost completely defeated, most of them were safely evacuated but with less and less dragons throwing their flames towards the portal more and more monsters came from it.

The second team also got attacked, now they spended more time fighting the monsters rather than attacking the chain. The dragons would throw fire all over the place but because that would kill Rainbow and Fluttershy they were ordered to not do it.

The third team didn’t fare well neither, some members got hurt or directly went to assist the other teams, leaving many injured dragons unattended.

¨come on, just, one, more¨ Rainbow Dash keep attacking the chain, ignoring any monster that could hurt her.

Finally, after much strife the chain finally broke.

¨YES¨ Rainbow Dash was exhilarated at the sight of the portal closing.

She and the dragons quickly retreated to make sure none of them are whipped by the chain, unfortunately…

Rainbow Dash was hit by the chain, didn’t managed to struck her directly, but did manage to scrape her back in such a way that she would bleed. But instead of simply bleeding she was somehow disintegrated, wherever magic that things is made off, it just disintegrated Rainbow Dash.

¨RAINBOW!!!¨ Fluttershy yelled at the sight, unable to hold her tears, unable to move away from the battlefield. In the end some dragons would drag her to safety, away from any monsters that could harm her.

Meanwhile Spike and Ember saw at the distance what it happen.

Spike was paralized. He just saw a friend who he know for a long time just die and couldn't do anything to save her, the sight of a traumatized Fluttershy being dragged by the dragons didn’t help either. Along with the fact than he or fluttershy would probably be the ones who will give the news of Rainbow Dash death to her friends and family…

Ember felt responsible, it might be true that not a single dragon died in this battle, something any other Dragon Lord would be proud of. But she only felt shame, she just send that Rainbow Dash to her death.

The invasion might had been stopped, but this wasn’t a victory in the slightest