• Published 13th Sep 2020
  • 3,683 Views, 697 Comments

A New World, A New Way: Requiem from the Lostbelt - Metroid Prime



The seeds of fantasy have descend. Now, 7 worlds fight for the right to live.

  • ...
9
 697
 3,683

PreviousChapters Next
The Moment a Rebellion is Born

Author's Note:

In celebration of the release of Lostbelt 6 in JP, here is an early new chapter. 😄 And for those who play JP, please use the spoiler tag if you wish to talk about the new content released in FGO

The Griffin Empire

Arash kept running.

Being a servant he could run faster and for much longer than any human could. While didn’t have the speed of Lancer or the mount of a Rider, his endurance and agility were better than most.

But given the identity of his purser, Arash might as well be an ant being observed by a human with a magnifying glass.

“Keep going, don’t stop for anything!”

The ones running ahead of him were two servants, Jack the Ripper and Euryale. One being an amalgamation of cursed children, the other was a minor divine spirit who was actually stronger as a servant than she was in life.

But neither Jack’s presence concealment nor Euryales divinity could help any of them in this situation. The only reason they were not dead was that the one chasing them was curious to see how far they would get.

Arash turned around and fired a few more arrows, and while they managed to hit their target, they bounced off as if the pursuer was hit by twigs. The Archer cursed to himself as the situation looked more and more hopeless.

“Why are you running?”

Arash didn’t bother nor cared to answer that obviously sarcastic question. He just kept running and never looked back.

That is until a blast of energy, the move known as Hyper Beam sent him flying and landing on his back.

Even though his ears were ringing, a voice spoke into his head as clear as day.

“Your attempts to flee are futile. The moment I saw you were the moment you were within my sight forever. Surrender now, and I may consider destroying you and those other two in a less painful way.”

Arash got up and this time turned around to face his attacker.

“You would kill people who would surrender and plead for their lives?” Arash said in disgust.

Arceus floated down until he was close enough for Arash to feel the pressure of his divine aura.

“What good would come out of sparing the likes of you? You and every other servant here want to kill billions of innocent people, most of which are refugees who have suffered under the yoke of humans like you for untold generations. No, killing you would be the simplest solution.”

“I do not deny that what I was sent here to do will mean the death of countless innocents, such an act goes against everything a hero like me stands for….but this is the will of Alaya. While I take no joy in erasing an entire world, I am first and foremost a Heroic Spirit of humanity and I will always fulfill their wishes first.”

“Ah yes, there is it. You humans only care about yourselves and not for the other species that you share the world with. It’s just the same as it was back in my world and it’s the same here.” Arceus felt his anger rise a bit as he recalled the eons of watching his Pokemon suffer. “But no more, as the God who made them, I will defend them when I could not before. I will show no mercy to anyone who threatens the safety of my Pokemon.”

“Then we at an impasse, you won’t stop and neither will I, one of us has to die.”

“Oh please, do you really think that little bow will be able to so much as wound me?”

The Archer pulled an arrow from his imaginary quiver, he twirled it between his finger in a way that betrayed his hesitation.

“I know, there is nothing that this bow could do that would be able to make a God such as you bleed. However…”

The arrow became notched into the bow as the servant continued to look up to the divine entity.

“Even if it’s just for a moment, even if it will amount to nothing, I shall die on my own terms.”

Arash pulled back the string and aimed.

“As a God, you must receive many prayers don’t you. All of them from your own subjects correct?”

Arceus did not answer, he only looked at the servant and allowed him to speak.

“Since we servants are your enemies I bet you never thought to receive a prayer from any of them. And if that is the case, please allow me the honor of being the first person from Proper Human History to deliver this orison to you!”

O holy lord of the sun’s rays, one who bestows all wisdom, majesty and strength.

O shining lord. My heart, my thoughts and my accomplishments be examined.

Come, you who created the moon and the stars.

My deeds.

My end.

Behold, my Spenta Armaiti!

As I unleash this final arrow, let my very being be shredded into dust!

STELLA!

Lone Meteor

In that moment, an arrow, no, a prayer was released from the bowstrings and sent flying heavenward, the Archer who let it loose vanished into nothingness. His Spirit Origin gone and returned to the Throne of Heroes.

The arrow that still existed in this world sailed and shined like a lone meteor that ascended to the sky rather than raining down from the sea of stars.

Arceus made no move to avoid or defend himself from this ultimate shot, whether it was out of curiosity or respect. After all, it would be unbecoming of a god to deny a prayer, no matter who it’s from.

“Servant, while I did not catch your name, I shall at the very least...receive this prayer of yours.”

And so the arrow was received. And a blinding light filled the sky.

-

“Come on Jack, let’s go!”

“How far do we have to keep running?”

“As far as our legs can take us, now move!”

“But what about the other one, that Archer?”

“Arash is fine, I’m sure he can take care of himse-”

Euryale’s words were cut off as a loud bang filled the air. Both servants turned to see a large explosion in the sky. As fellow servants from the Throne, they knew that Arash only had one Noble Phantasm, that could produce something like that.

“Is he…”

“Jack, like I said, let’s go.”

The two girls kept running until they came upon a forest. After a few more miles of running, they stopped to catch their breath under a tree.

“Did we lose him?” Jacka asked.

“I don’t know, maybe. If that Noble Phantasm distracted or hurt him long enough, then Arash’s sacrifice must have worked.”

“So, we did escape?”

“Yeah...I guess we did.”

“Actually no.”

Both servants jumped back as they heard a voice in their heads, but could not find the owner.

“I admit that attack of his was...not mediocre, to sacrifice oneself to save others it a worthy deed to be noticed by gods.”

Arceus then appeared in front of the two servants looking no worse for wear.

“But then again, you servants have all died before correct? And from what I can tell, death is just a slap in the wrist for you. Since the Counter Force can just summon you again in a different place and time.”

Being a divine being herself, Euryale showed no fear against the stronger divinity present. “You knew where we were the whole time.”

“I never lost track. You see the way this works, is that once I have taken a look at someone, I can conceptually track them. It doesn’t matter if you hide under a rock, conceal yourself with magic, or teleport to another planet. So long as part of you exists in the world, I will know precisely where you are.”

Euryale said nothing, she knew that no matter what she said, there was no saving them now. Jack on the other hand…

“No, no! Not yet! We still haven’t reunited with mommy!” The child brandished her knives as a dark aura surrounded her. “You will no deny us the warm bosom of mommy!”

The assassin lunged at Arceus.

“Jack no!”

Arceus blink as his eyes glowed and then Jack became surrounded in a golden grasp.

“Aaaaah, let us go!”

“Us? Why do you refer to yourself using plural pronouns? And this aura, you are much different from the other servants I have encountered. Just what are you?”

Moving like a brick through wet tissue paper, Arceus invaded Jack’s mind, peeling away at her defenses until he came upon-

“Oh, my…..”

Euryale saw the look of horror upon Arceus’s face, as he to realized like few others just what this “interpretation” of Jack the Ripper was.

“80,000 children...80,000 unborn souls….so that is what you are.” Arceus closed his eyes, despite being a god who witnessed the many atrocities of man, things like these were still enough to give him pause.

“Oh humans, only your kind would be capable of doing something as appalling as this,” Arceus turned to look at Euryale who offered no argument. “And they wonder why I resent them so much. That being said,” Arceus turned back to Jack. “Someone like you should not have to suffer anyone, nor can I have your evil and pain hurt my Pokemon or the people of this world.”

Arceus closed his eyes, and the golden glow around Jack intensified, she soon stopped struggling as her body began to turn into streams and particles of light. For a god like him, exorcism was a simple task.

“Ah, I feel a little, lightheaded,” said Jack as the many spirits that made up her body disappeared, until eventually, there was nothing left of the tragic being only known as Jack the Ripper.

“Go in peace,” Arceus said as the last vestiges of Jack vanished from the world. Leaving only one god and a minor divine spirit.

“I thought you were gonna rip her apart.”

“I am not a cruel being. I do not inflict needless suffering upon those who do no deserve it.” Arceus sighed. “What kind of defense force is this Throne of Heroes that it would send an amalgamation such as that? Is the Counter Force really so desperate to defeat me that it would send children to fight in its place?”

“Heroic Spirits are those whom human history has remembered in one form or another. Even those who never wished to be heroes are recorded into the Thone for their deeds. And those summoned by the world are those who choose to defend humanity, even if they don’t share that same altruistic reasons.”

“And what about you, sister of Medusa? As I recall didn’t lustful humans try and kidnap you and your other sister? Why would you of all people come to their defense?”

Euryale was not surprised he knew who she was, her identity was not exactly well hidden when it came to a god. “You’re right, I can’t say they are the best species to roam the planet. Even my sister cannot stand them to a degree.”

“So why?”

“Because, if humanity goes extinct where will I find another man to praise and worship me. If humans no longer exist, the world would become much more boring and lonely. And besides, if it weren’t for humans wishing for a perfect goddess like myself to appear and grovel in front of, I wouldn’t be here in the first place. In a way, you could say I owe them.”

“Hmmm, very well. If that is your reason I shall no criticize it. Instead,”

Arceus began charging up another Hyper Beam.

“I shall remember you, not as a servant or a heroic spirit. But a goddess who answered the call of those who worshipped her.”

Euryale let out a long sigh as she stared interestingly at the buildup of energy.

“Oh, well we gave them a hell of a run Jack.”

A blast of energy ripped through the forest, sending birds flying into the sky.


Ash, Misty, Latias, and many of his Pokemon all locked eyes on the servants who just appeared. Both sides waiting for the other to make a move.

“Sakata Kintoki, so thats your name?” Ash said.

“Yes, yes it is.”

“I have heard of that name before,” Misty said.

“Wait you have?”

“Yeah, during the Heian period, there were a group of five Pokemon Trainers who were the protectors of Kanto during a time of unrest and war. They called themselves the Great Shitennō, two of the members were named Sakata Kintarō and Watanabe no Tsuna. While their leader was someone who named themselves after the Legendary Pokemon from Johto, Raikou.”

“Wait really?”

“It’s true,” Latias said. “Raikou did tell me about them once. Their leader’s original name was Yorimitsu, but he took the name Raikou as a way to make his enemies fear him. To make it seem like he was Raikou himself in human form, or had received his blessing. While the actual Raikou did think about confronting that man, he let it slide out of sympathy for the people at the time who rallied to Yorimitsu’s side. This was good since the Great Shitennō were able to return the land of Kanto back to stability.”

“Oh I see, that’s cool.”

“Yeah but we can brush up on our history lessons later,” Latias then turned and glared at the three summoned servants. “As for the likes of you, I don’t care if you’re alternate versions of the heroes who saved Kanto all those years ago, if you all have here to destroy this place think again! We got you completely surrounded and there is no way you can escape!”

Robin underneath his hood only smirked. “Are you sure about that?”

And with one wave of his cape, the Archer disappeared.

“What, where did he go!?” Ash said.

“I don’t know, but Ash, do something about those two for now!”

“Okay you’re right, Infernape, Glalie, Gigalith, and Emboar, attack!”

The four Pokemon lunged at their foes, Glalie and Gigalith attacked Tsuna, while Emboar and Infernape went after Kintoki.

“So we’re doing this huh, of well, fine by me!”

Kintoki called down lighting to counter the streams of fire shot at him by the two Fire Type Pokemon. Emboar used Brick Break Tail only for Kintoki to parry it with his axe. Infernape them used Mach Punch only for the Berserker to meet it with his own fist, the force of which created a small shockwave.

“Dang dude,” Infernape said. “Just who are you?”

“Yeah,” Emboar added. "No human could ever do things like that.”

“Well theirs the thing dudes,” Kintoki replied as he readied his weapon. “I’m no ordinary human.”

Tsuna meanwhile on the other hand was cooly dealing with Ash’s other two Pokemon.

“You really think that tiny sword of yours is going to cut me?” Gilgalith said as Tsuna’s sword actually did bounce off of his hard rocky body.

“I see,” Tsuna said. “This sword is meant to cut through flesh and bone, not rock and earth. However.”

Tsuna’s blade ignited with fire, which was bright enough to cause the other Pokemon to back away.

“HA! It seems someone didn't teach you about how type advantage works here bub! That fire won’t be very effective against me.”

Tsuna said nothing. But then in the next instant, he performed a flash step, the sheathing of his katana being the only indication it was swung. In the next moment, Gigalith erupted into flames for a brief second, followed by a scream of pain.

“GAAAHH! What was that!?”

“If your body is made of rocks, that must make you slow. This means, that even it takes a while, eventually, you will fall.”

“Hey don’t forget about me!” Tsuna narrowly dodged an Ice Beam from Glalie and retaliated by launching a collum of flame straight into his face.

“I didn’t, how could I not when you announced yourself like that.” Tsuna then brought his fiery sword down on the Face Pokemon’s head, the super-effective attack sending him into a tree and taking him out.

“You’ll pay for that! Stone Edge!” A shower of sharp rocks were aimed at Tsuna’s head. The samurai merely parried them all like they were leaves. “A valiant effort.” The Saber then struck the Compressed Pokemon again with his flaming sword, this time with enough force to send him flying into Corpfish, taking out the former and pinning the latter.

“Ah dang it!” Ash said. “Torkel, Kroodile switch out with Glalie and Gigalith!”

The two other Pokemon obeyed their trainer as they charged at the servant with attacks at the ready. Tsuna readied his blade, its fire burning with conviction.

Misty, Latias, and Delia looked on as the battle continued. While some of them heard that servants were powerful beings, they never expected them to be able to take out Pokemon, especially ones that belonged to Ash this quickly.

“I thought this would be going better,” Misty said.

“Why doesn’t Ash just tell his Pokemon to gang up all at once on them?” Latias asked.

“Because Ash is a fair fighter,” Delia said. “He is not the kind of person who fights with overwhelming force. Even when fighting to save the world, Ash does not seek to crush his enemies, only beat them.”

“Hmmm, yeah that does sound like Ash,” Misty said. “Oh wait, I just remembered. Latias, shouldn’t you go and tell the Legendaries that servants just showed up here?”

“Oh right yeah, but, do we really need them? It seems like Ash can handle them, theirs no way those two would be able to fight all of his Pokemon.”

“Maybe, but we should not take the chance that they could just run away if they feel like it. Or if they somehow are able to beat all of Ash’s Pokemon.”

As if to punctuate Misty’s point, Latias turned just in time to see Kintoki sending both Emboar and Infernape into nearby trees, knocking them out. Ash then shouted for Snorlax and Heracross to take over for them.

“Alright then.” Latias concentrated as she established a telepathic link with the Lake Trio who were in the Hall of Legends.

“Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit. This is Latias, three servants were just summoned in Whitetail Woods where I and Ash are. One ran off, but we have the other two occupied, send someone down here to help us deal with the other one.”

“Okay Latias,” Mesprit said. “We’ll see who is on call.”

“Just sit tight, make sure they don’t go anywhere,” Uxie said.

“Yeah, Dad’s out so he won’t be able to help. But we will send someone over.”

“Thanks, girls.” Latias then disconnected to the link just in time to see Tsuna deal a critical blow to Torkel.

“Just hope they send someone in time.”


Canterlot

Twilight and her friends waited at the Canterlot Train station as the morning express to Ponyville was soon to arrive. Rainbow Dash had just been cleared from the hospital and was allowed to go home.

“Alright, time to get back home and make up for the apples that weren't harvested while I was away here,” Applejack said. “I wonder what else we missed while we were away.”

“I’m sure nothing bad has happened to Ponyville while we were gone Applejack,” Rarity said. “Ponyville may sometimes be a hotbed for various strange things and events. But I’m sure our town can survive a day or two without us.”

“I don’t know,” Rainbow Dash said sarcastically. “A lot can happen in two days.”

“Well, Spike hasn’t sent me a letter saying anything is wrong, so that’s a good sign. Plus I also asked Mage to help him watch the library while I was gone. If something happened like say the sighting of a servant, we would know about it.”

“Oh look!” Pinkie Pie said.” Here’s the train!”

The Friendship Express pulled into the station and all six ponies boarded it before it took off to its destination.

“So Twilight,” Rainbow Dash began. “Run this by me again. There is a tree somewhere in the world that is keeping us all alive or something?”

“It’s called the Tree of Emptiness Rainbow Dash. And yes, while it may be hard to believe, this tree is the only thing keeping our world from fading away along with everyone in it.”

“Wow, that’s nuts, to think that some plant is what’s keeping us all alive.”

“I doubt that this tree is an ordinary plant, Rainbow Dash. Not to mention that Trees have always been held in mystic regard in many myths and religions, often used to represent the foundation of the world. In fact, while I was reading the Earth Compendium, I read a section detailing a magical tree from the human world called Yggdrasil. Like the Tree of Emptiness, it was responsible for maintaining the world.”

“Okay but that aside, where is this tree? And how long has it been here?”

“Well from what I can tell the tree has not been here since the dawn of time. It apparently took root sometime before that Lostbelt up north was created.”

“Wait a second,” Applejack said. “If this tree that your talking about only just got planted about recently, why wasn’t it here before?”

“What do you mean Applejack?” Fluttershy said.

“I may be a farmpony but even I can tell when something is not right. I know and understand that our world was supposed to be erased a long time ago, that's what you, Arceus, and the other Princesses said. But if that’s the case, how did our world continue to exist up until now? What kept us alive all this time until that tree came along, what changed?”

“Hmmm, that’s true, Applejack has a point. I’ll have to ask Arceus or Harmony later.”

Twilight then rested her head on the window while her friends began to talk about other things. As she looked over the fields of Equestria as they rolled by, she couldn’t help but be plagued by other questions on her mind.

“Harmony is not telling us the whole story, she knows that we know that but keeps quiet anyway. Who is the alien god, what do they want? And what exactly is waiting for us in these other Lostbelts?”


Kintoki and Tsuna were veteran warriors who fought and slaughtered many Oni in their heyday. So when it came to several ordinary Pokemon, it would not be on the same level as fighting someone like Shuten or Ibaraki.

But Ash’s Pokemon were not ordinary.

As the friends who he fought, sweat, and shed tears with over the many journeys in his young life, these Pokemon were battle-hardened fighters. Even if Ash wasn’t there to command them, they were still a force to be reckoned with. Kintoki and Tsuna were soon beginning to learn this as they were almost halfway through Ash’s team.

“Are you getting tired Kintoki?”

“No, how about you?”

“Fine.”

That was a lie, even though they were summoned by the Counter Force, they could not exceed the amount of mana that they were being provided from the air itself. Without a master, they would only be able to use their Noble Phantasms once. By this point, they were starting to use more ether than they should have upon first being summoned.

Charizard unleashed a Flamethrower that Tsuna waved away and then attempted to slash the flame Pokemon. But being one of Ash’s oldest Pokemon, this also made him one of the most experienced, and so instinct kicked in and the Fire-Type narrowly dodge the blade while delivering a Dragon Tail to Tsuna’s chest, knocking him into Kintoki who had just been momentarily stunned by Pikachu.

“Gah! Watch it, bro!”

“Sorry I underestimated that dragon.”

Kintoki helped us Tsuna as they both faced down the remainder of the Pokemon that surrounded them.

“Still got some spark left in you?”

“But of course, I will cut them down until my Spirit Origin disappears.”

“Alright, then that’s what I like to hear bro.”

Both Heavenly Kings braced themselves for another attack, but then-

“ENOUGH!”

A loud voice boomed throughout the forest, any Pokemon who heard it were compelled to stop what they were doing just by the weight and authority that voice carried. While others just ran and hide.

Some looked around for the source of the voice, but it Latias who recognized it first.

“Ah, so they sent him.”

The wind picked up, and everyone looked to see a familiar orange Pokemon that had a cloud for a body descend from the sky.

“That’s, Landorus!” Ash said as the legendary Pokemon floated down and stopped looked upon the scene.

“I see you all have made quite a mess,” Landorus stated, gesturing to the many trees that were split and the earth that was scorched. “I’ll have to fix this later.”

The Abundance Pokemon turned to face Latias, specifically the Pikachu next to her. “Your name is Ash Ketchum, is it? Ah yes, I remembered you. You and your friends saved me and my fellow Forces of Nature when Giovanni of Team Rocket attempted to control us.”

“Oh yeah, I remember that, how are you doing Landorus?”

“I am doing well Ash, this new world is full of bountiful harvest and fertility. It is a world I am glad to call home. But we can catch up another time, for now, I must relieve you of your duties.” The Legendary Pokemon then turned to face the two servants.

“So, you two are the punks who are causing trouble.”

Kintoki and Tsuna mentally talked with each other, never taking their eyes off the Legendary.

“He looks strong. Much stronger than the rest,” Tsuna stated.

“I know. I can sense this one has divinity within him.”

“Given that this young man has obviously worn you two out, I believe we all know that fighting your way out of here is not in the cards for you. Surrounder peacefully and I’ll be sure to tell Arceus and the Princesses that you came quietly.”

Kintoki and Tsuna knew they were low on options. So they could only do one last desperate move.

“On three. One. Two…”

“What is your answer? I don’t have all da-”

Landorus’s eyes widened as he felt the wind whistle in his ear. He then ducked his head as an arrow soared past said ear, almost nicking it.

“Three!”

Tsuna shot a barrage of flame at Landorus’s face. The fire blinding him for a split second, once he cleared his eyes, he opened them to see Kintoki in the air above him. Axe ready to swing.

Blow away. Knock them out!

Golden Spark!

Golden Shock

He brought down the axe on the Legendary Pokemon’s head. Activating a 5th of the charges in it and sending him into the ground. Knocking several Pokemon off their feet and making a sizable crater.


Ponyville

Twilight and her friends disembarked from the train car as they all took in the smell of their beloved hometown.

“Ah, it is good to be back!” Pinkie Pie stated.

“Alright, I’ll see you girls later. I gotta check up on how Spike and Mage are doing.”

“Alright Twilight, see ya later,” Fluttershy said.

Twilight trotted until she arrived home and opened the door. Once inside she found Spike dusting a shelf, Mage reading a book, and…

“Abby, what are you doing here?”

“Ah, Twilight your back!” The fox Pokemon got up from where she was laying down and walked up to her friend.

“Hey Twilight,” Mage said. “Is Rainbow Dash okay?”

“She fine, she’ll be flying by tomorrow. Did anything happened while I was away?”

“Well, nothing happened within Ponyville per say, but in Whitetail Woods, that’s another story.”

“Why, what happened?”

“That’s why I am here,” Abby said. “Three servants were summoned earlier this morning and engaged with Ash Ketchum and his Pokemon team.”

“Really? What happened?”

“Well, at approximately 5:30, three servants were summoned. One of them fled, while the other two fought against Ash’s Pokemon. They put up a good fight, but those two servants were no pushovers. Latias then called Landorus who arrived later.”

“And did he beat them?”

“You’d think they would be given how worn out they should have been fighting all those Pokemon.” Abby’s expression then became angry. “But then those servants used a cheap shot to knock Landorus out and run away.” The Ninetales sighed. “Attacking a Legendary Pokemon. Humanity never changes.”

“To be fair,” Mage said. “Anyone would have cut loose and ran.”

“And yet these servants are here to destroy us but the moment things get too tough they flee like cowards. I would have run after them. A Pokemon Ranger does not let their target get away.”

“You’ll have your chance when you meet another servant. But for now, we should all just get back to what we are doing. Do the Princesses know about this?”

“I already sent a letter this morning when Abby arrived and told us,” Spike said as he continued to clean the bookshelves.

“Okay then, thanks for looking after the library for me Mage.”

“You’re welcome Twilight.”

“I’ll see you girls later, I gotta catch up on some research.”

"Bye!"

"See ya."

Abby and Mage left the library and walked outside.

“So Mage, how are you and Luke doing?”

“Oh we are doing just amazing! He really seems like he’s getting better these days.”

“Is that so, great! I’m glad to hear that he’s doing well.”

“Yeah, it seems like Luke is finally starting to feel that he deserves to be happy.”

“That’s good Mage. After what happened to him all those years ago, no one deserves to be more happy than Luke.”

“Except maybe Gene and Belle.”

Both Pokemon shared a laugh. After which Abby could not help but gaze out as the citizens of Ponyville happily went about their day. Foals and children laughing, Pony and Pokemon working together and helping one another.

“You know, this land, this world, it’s been a blessing.”

“Yeah, it really is.”

“Arceus did the right thing bring us all here, cutting away the members of humanity that made the world a bad place. This world is the reward for all Pokemon and people who could never be with those they loved. It’s not without its problems here and there, but it’s, for the most part, peaceful and happy. I and Kasai could never have had Gold and Silver back on Earth, they would never have had a future”

Abby then narrowed her eyes.

“Which is why I shall make sure they have one here. No matter what.”

“Abby?”

“Twilight says that the human world Chaldea comes from is a world where only humans exist. I can only imagine how terrible it is if that’s the case.”

“Well, you can’t really say that. None of us have been there. We don’t know what it’s like.”

“I can guess. But it doesn’t matter, this is our world, these are our children. I won’t allow their future to be taken away. I won’t allow so many different races to be destroyed so only one arrogant race can exist. If this Chaldea has the will to kill billions of people, people they don’t know or haven’t met, then I must have that same will. They call their world Proper Human History, hmph, we will see which world is the proper one by the time this is all over.”

Abby then walked away, leaving a slightly concerned Mage alone. The Ghost Type sighed as she looked down at the gems around her neck, gems that were glowing. As a Mismagious she could sense the emotions of others, be they positive or negative. However, one side would give off a warm good feeling, while the other would cause Mage some slight pain.

The emotions that Abby gave off were no doubt negative. Mage could tell that her friend was giving off not just anger, but resentment, contempt, and some mild prejudice.

The Mismagious just sighed. While she could understand Abby’s feelings, she hoped that it wouldn’t lead to anything bad.

-

Later that night.

Kirschtaria and Akuta both walked into Ponyville in the dead of night. Everyone was sleeping as the two masters made their way through the town.

“Alright, let’s split up. That place looks like the town hall, see if you can find anything. I’ll try and look to see if this place has a library,” Kirschtaria said.

“Alright, lets meet back at the entrance to that apple farm we passed on the way here,” Hinako replied.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay? You didn’t bring a servant after all.”

“You forget that I can blend into the environment. Although this place has many artificial structures, it’s not as bad as a human settlement. I should still be able to go about unnoticed.”

“Okay, good luck Akuta.”

“....You too Wodime.”

After they split, Kirschtaria telepathically called out to his servant.

“Kato Danzo.”

The mechanical ninja appeared out of nowhere and knelt at her master’s feet.

“You called my lord?”

“Go and see if this place has a library or information center that is not the town hall.”

“As you wish.” Danzo then disappeared for 6 seconds and then reappeared where she once stood.

“Master, I believe I have found the library you seek.”

“Good work, take me there.”

The Assassin lead Kirschtaria until they arrived at what appeared to be a hewed-out tree that had been fashioned into a house of some kind. Looking at the sign, Kirschtaria read out “Golden Oaks Libary”.

“Alright then, let’s see what knowledge we can plunder.”


Arceus reappeared in his pocket dimension. Having finished his daily routine of purging servants from around the world. While some would think he should focus his attention on Equestria, he had faith that his legendary Pokemon, as well as Twilight, her friends as well as Celestia and Luna, could handle the homefront.

The other countries were a different matter. While some of them had significant forces like the Pokemon Liberation Army or Checkmate, they could not be everywhere all at once, nor could they be able to beat servants one on one. That was why he personally went around the world finding and defeating servants where others could not.

But with that out of the way, Arceus turned his attention to something else. His eyes glowed for a second, then several screens appeared in front of him. Each one showed various places and people, and while it might have considered an invasion of privacy, what they didn’t know could not hurt them.

“Hmmm, so Landorus could not take out those two servants who appeared in Whitetail. I see, then I’ll deal with them later. Celestia and Luna seemed to be knee-deep in paperwork and politics that was caused by all this nonsense, understandable. How is Seth Crescent doing? Hmmm, it seems his task force is coming together nicely. Perhaps I should let him be the one to introduce those new stones that Diancie made, the power they grant will surely give us an edge in the conflict. Plus unlike Mega Stones, these can be used by any Pokemon.”

Arceus then looked to another set of screens. The ones that monitored the Lostbelts.

He first looked at the one that showed the two Lostbelts to the east and south of Saddle Arabia. The one on the right showed no abnormalities, but it didn’t seem to be expanding in any way, so he could ignore that one for now. The one to the south was a different case, it showed subtle signs of expanding, but nearly every two weeks it would contract back to the size it was 10 days ago. Something was definitely amiss in that world, the fact that he could sense the faint presence of a divinity was also cause for worry.

The Lostbelt that covered the entirety of Marelantis was the biggest concern for everyone. It was slowly beginning to encroach upon the Zerbican continent and by default the nation of Zygpt. Given its rate of expansion, it would begin to consume the country in less than a month. After that, it would begin to creep up on Equestria by the end of the year.

“King Trot may not have the nicest words for me, but my Pokemon still call his nation home. Plus, I know that Seviper will probably do something foolish once that storm touches down on the border.”

Aside from its growth, there was also the uncertain fate of the Marelantians and Pokemon who were trapped in that ocean once the storm appeared. Arceus had asked Kyorge and Manaphy about the status of Samiya, the Temple of the Sea which he had gifted to Queen Oceana. The two water legendaries responded saying that they couldn’t detect its presence anymore, nor the energy generated by the Sea Crown. But the thing that caught Arceus’s attention more than anything else was that he could sense multiple divinities within the Lostbelt.

“I do hope there is not an entire pantheon there, that would be bad for me. Although I do not recall there being any known human civilization within the middle of the sea, except for…”

The Pokemon God shook his head. If it was true that it was THAT particular mythology which existed in this Lostbelt, he was in more trouble than he thought.

Arceus then turned his attention to the last two Lostbelts.

The one that occupied the same continent as the Changeling Empire was the smallest. But for some reason, he felt a sense of danger whenever he looked at it. It was as if his whole body was telling him, “Don’t go there, leave that one for last. Or hope you never have to deal with what’s inside.”

And then there was the last Lostbelt, the one closest to Equestria and located northeast of the kingdom.

If the previous Lostbelt filled Arceus with a sense of danger, then this one filled him with a sense of dread. Aside from the fact that this Lostbelt was the only one surrounded by a wall of light rather than a wall of storms, Arceus could tell that something was very very wrong about that Lostbelt. Even among its counterparts, this one felt more “different” than the rest. Like there was something in there that history had cut away for a very good reason.

“Just what is in there that makes me so unnerved? It’s not expanding, so why can’t I take my eyes off it?”

Another little thing that he managed to learn from observing it, was that this particular Lostbelt was unstable in some way. Even Harmony told him that if he left that one alone, it would collapse by itself. But even with that assurance, something about that place told him he should just destroy it himself.

After looking at the image for a few more moments, Arceus closed all the screens. And while he didn’t require it, Arceus decided to go to sleep by his own admission for the first time in a while.

“Yes, perhaps the answers I seek will come to me in due time...yes….”


Kintoki walked through the forest in spirit form as he wandered aimlessly in search of the master he was meant to make a contract with.

“Well I think that scuffle back there was really fun, don’t you think bro?”

“It was, fine,” Tsuna responded.

“It might have gone a lot better though if someone hadn’t turned tail and ran!”

“Hey I didn’t run, I only took up a tactical position!” Robin Hood said in his defense. “And besides, I helped you guys out in the end with that arrow.”

“Yeah yeah I know, guerilla warfare is more your thing than facing someone head-on. I still wish you could have helped us a little more before that.”

“Okay okay, let’s just see if we can find a master.”

“Ugh, this place is huge, it might take us days before we run into a master.”

“What about another servant?” Tsuna said.

‘“What do you mean another servant?” Robin said.

“I mean that servant over there.”

Kintoki and Robin looked to where Tsuna was pointing, and sure enough, there was a servant sitting in a tree waving at them.

“Well well well, I guess this is a small world.”

The servant came down from his perch and ran up to them.

“Well look what we have here, three masterless servants, guess that fills my quota for the day.”

“So you’re a Rider class servant, what is your true name?”

“Achilles. What’s yours?”

“I’m Robin Hood, that’s Kintoki and this is Tsuna.”

“Sup.”

“Hello.”

“Glad to meet yeah, now if you just follow me, I’ll lead you straight to where the masters are.”

“You know where they are?”

“Of course, and it’s not just them, got about two dozen servants waiting in a cave.”

“Haha! Then what are we waiting for!? Let’s get this golden show on the road!”

“Yeah thats the spirit! Once everything is in place, our rebellion can truly begin!”

PreviousChapters Next