• Published 22nd Aug 2020
  • 2,869 Views, 26 Comments

The Eternal Nightmare - Twilight Star



Since Twilight helped Luna in Nightmare Night, Luna has started to develop feelings of love for the unicorn, and she wants to confess what she feels. But first, she must eliminate anypony that is close to Twilight.

  • ...
14
 26
 2,869

A Gift for Twilight

Twilight slept peacefully in bed, covered up to the neck and with a smile on her face. The sun rose on the horizon while the sky changed color from dark blue, to pink and then to light blue, the sun’s rays soon arrived on Twilight’s bed. Twilight’s eyes opened when she felt the sun’s rays on her. She lifted her head from the pillow, stretched, got out of bed, made the bed and went to the bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror and noticed that her mane was messed up. Twilight laughed at the state of her mane before wrapping the brush with her magic and starting to comb the mane.

When she finished brushing her mane, she smelled a delicious breakfast from the first floor of the library. She went downstairs and saw Spike wearing a pink apron and placing the pancakes on the table. Twilight sat on the left side and started eating her pancake. Spike took off his apron and went to the kitchen to put it away before sitting down to start eating his pancake. Twilight’s pancake had blueberries and Spike’s had honey on top of the pancake.

Twilight started to think about what she was going to do today. She arranged for her and the girls to have a picnic in the park in the afternoon. She was excited to spend the day with her friends, and she even planned to bring a book to read. Until the afternoon came, she knew she had to do something to distract herself. She planned to stay at home reading the book she brought from the library a second time.

As soon as she finished eating her pancake, Twilight went to the shelf where she kept the book, picked it up with her magic, went upstairs and lay on her stomach happily on the bed to reread the book. She was so focused on reading that she didn’t even notice Luna watching her from the balcony over a cloud with a smile; the same smile that she showed when she was close to Twilight, being stalked or being very close to her.

On the left side of the Princess of the Night, there was a book she bought herself from a Ponyville book store that it opened a few minutes ago, and she would give Twilight that book overnight as a thank you for how much she helped her since her return as Princess of the Night. But despite that, she wouldn’t yet confess, since she didn’t yet have the courage to confess what she felt, but one thing she did know: she wanted the confession to be good, beautiful and perfect, and for Twilight to accept dating her. She even started to imagine her and Twilight’s future wedding, and she even had an idea for the location: there was a room in the castle that looked like a kind of coronation hall, there would be a good and great place for their wedding. But the wedding would only take place later, but just imagining them together, made her blood flow and seethe with joy. She looked back at the room and continued to watch the purple mare with a smile.

After six hours of just watching her read, she noticed Twilight get up, pick up the book from the bed, go down the stairs, put the book on the shelf and sit at the table. Luna didn’t have to think twice to guess and know that Twilight was going to have lunch. She now looked at the kitchen door and saw Spike in a pink apron and chef’s hat approach the two-course table: one had a daisy sandwich and the other had rubies. He handed the sandwich plate to Twilight, and the ruby ​​plate to him and sat down to start eating. Twilight levitated the sandwich and took a bite, she soon smiled at the taste of the sandwich, it has been a year since she ate a daisy sandwich. The last time she ate one was when she, her helper and her friends went to dinner at a restaurant in Canterlot after they received seven invitations from Princess Celestia to the Grand Galloping Gala. As soon as Twilight finished eating her sandwich, she got up, went to the shelf, took the same book, put it in her backpack, put the backpack on her back and left the library.

Luna watched Twilight curiously walking down Ponyville street. Why did Twilight have a backpack? Where did she intend to go? Did she intend to go to the library to return the book? But that can’t be it. Twilight borrowed that book a few days ago, and it wasn’t even a week before her future marefriend had to return it to the library.

But she realized that Twilight did not go to library, but went to a place where there was grass, pink butterflies flying and even a small river in the distance. At the scene were the five Twilight friends together. Applejack put a picnic blanket on the grass, Rainbow applied sunscreen while wearing sunglasses, Rarity took dishes, cutlery, cups and a teapot out of the basket and put them on the towel, Pinkie took the cupcakes, muffins, cake, sandwiches, salads, apples from the basket and put them on the checkered tablecloth, and Fluttershy was putting a salad on the tablecloth before sit on the grass.

“Hi girls!” Twilight greeted them with a friendly smile and waved with a hoof.

The five mares soon looked at Twilight and came to her smiling.

“Twilight! You came!” said Applejack in a pleased tone.

“I’ve been waiting for you all day!” Pinkie said cheerfully as she jumped up on the spot.

“Did you bring everything to our picnic?”

“Yes,” said the five Twilight friends in unison.

“I brought it and put the picnic blanket on the grass,” Applejack replied.

“I brought my sunglasses and suntan lotion,” Rainbow replied.

“I brought the basket, and even cupcakes, muffins and a cake I just made this morning at Sugarcube Corner!” Pinkie sang the last word.

“I-I ... I ... I brought salad,” Fluttershy replied timidly while her head was turned to the right, but she was looking to Twilight.

“I brought the teapot, cups, and this time, I haven’t forgotten the dishes,” Rarity replied.

Twilight nodded, knowing that her friends brought everything to the picnic. The six mares then approached and sat on the towel on their hips. Rarity levitated the lilac teapot and filled the cup with tea before drinking, Rainbow lay on the towel while her hooves were behind her head, Applejack ate an apple, Fluttershy ate the salad, Pinkie cut a piece of chocolate cake with strawberry icing and started eating, and Twilight was eating a blueberry muffin.

Luna watched the six mares enjoy the picnic with a smile on her face, but her eyes were glued to Twilight. She couldn’t help thinking that even though she was chewing and eating, Twilight was beautiful. Luna closed her eyes and laughed lightly at her recent thought. She never imagined that being in love was such a good and strong feeling. The good thing is that as the cloud was very high in the sky, the six mares did not even hear the laughter of the Princess of the Night.

After six hours, Luna noticed Twilight and the other mares dismount the picnic, put away their things and heading back to their homes. Luna looked at the book and took it with her turquoise magic and flew off to Canterlot with the intention of raising the moon and having dinner, after that she planned to deliver the book to Twilight.

As soon as she landed on the balcony, she entered the room and put the book on the bed and returned to the balcony to raise the moon and add the stars and constellations in the sky. She closed her eyes and spread her wings while using her magic to raise the moon. When she was finished, she landed on the floor and watched her work with a smile. There were many constellations and stars in the sky tonight.

Twilight will love these constellations.

She then turned and left the room. She was looking forward to delivering the book to Twilight after dinner, but one thing she knew: Twilight would probably love the book, since the unicorn studied astronomy and enjoyed reading, but even so, she was eager to deliver and the possible reaction of Twilight. Anxious that she couldn’t wait to finish eating to go to Ponyville to deliver the book and that Twilight didn’t like the book she would give to her. But she wouldn’t show her anxiety at Twilight.

She opened the dining room door and saw Celestia, waiting for food and her little sister. Luna approached the table and sat down on Celestia’s right side and greeted her. “Good night sister.”

Celestia soon looked at Luna with a smile when she heard her voice. “Good night, Luna. You got there early.”

Luna looked confused by what Celestia had just said. Did she arrive early?

“Isn’t the food ready yet?” asked Luna.

“No, not yet,” Celestia confirmed. “But while the food isn’t coming, why don’t we talk?”

“We think ... I mean, I think it’s a good idea, sister,” said Luna with a smile.

“Great. How was your sleep?” asked Celestia.

Luna then became tense with the question she was asked. And now? What will she say? She didn’t want to lie, but at the same time, she didn’t want to say she was stalking Twilight. Because after all, what would her sister think and do if she found out that she stalked Twilight all day? She would possibly forbid her to see Twilight, and would even warn her student about it, and that, she didn’t want to happen. Until she had an idea of ​​how she could replied.

“Actually, I didn’t sleep, sister,” Luna replied.

“Were you sleepless?” asked Celestia.

“Yes.”

“What were you doing?”

Now would be the time, she just hoped that Celestia would not question her. “I ... I stayed in Ponyville, and I bought a book to give to Twilight and I was watching my subjects in the sky, over a cloud after that,” Luna replied, not being a total lie.

“What does the book talk about?” asked Celestia curiously with a smile.

“It’s an astronomy book. I heard that she loves to watch and study the night sky.” Luna couldn’t help but smile when she said the last sentence.

Celestia smiled at Luna’s words and joy. She was happy that Luna had not only fallen in love, but found somepony who likes the night.

“And will you take the opportunity to confess to her?” Celestia wanted to know.

“Not yet, because like I said, I’m still nervous,” Luna replied, now looking to the left.

They then heard the sound of doors opening. They looked at the kitchen door and saw cooks and waiters coming out of the kitchen with plates of food and placing them on the table. The two took a plate of soup and started eating. While Luna ate, she thought about Twilight. She couldn’t wait to finish eating to go to Ponyville to give the book to Twilight. As soon as she swallowed the soup that was in her mouth, she let out a slight sigh just thinking about Twilight’s smile when she saw that she got a new book.

After a few minutes, she finished eating, got up from the chair and went to her room to pick up the book from the bed and go to Ponyville to give the book and spend the night with Twilight. Her smile hadn’t wavered yet on her face since she started and finished eating the soup. She opened the door to her room and approached the bed to get the book. That done, she went to the balcony, opened and flapped her wings and flew across the night sky.

She can’t stop thinking about Twilight and her reaction. A light laugh soon left just thinking about it. If there was one thing she couldn’t stop thinking about since Nightmare Night, it was in Twilight. And why shouldn’t she? And as said before, Twilight helped her when no pony wanted to.

After an hour of flight, Luna soon saw the oak house and Twilight sitting on the balcony in the distance. She can feel her heart start to beat fast just seeing Twilight, but as soon as she landed on the balcony backer, her heart just beat even faster. But despite this, she managed to compliment her without stuttering.

“A good night for you, Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight was so engrossed in her studies that she didn’t even hear the sound of flapping wings, but she soon stopped reading when she heard Luna’s voice and looked at her with a smile. “Oh! Good night, Luna.”

“What are you writing about?” asked the princess curiously.

“I’m writing about the origin and history of how each constellation came about,” Twilight replied.

“Are you still studying astronomy?” asked Luna with a smile to be sure.

“That’s right, Luna. The reason I didn’t continue my studies yesterday was because I started reading the book I brought from the library and reviewed it.” Twilight explained to Luna.

“It’s okay, Twilight. I was just curious.” Luna assured Twilight, still smiling.

“Would you like to study with me?” Twilight invited Luna.

Luna looked to the side and started to think.

Maybe I should accept it, because after all, if I don’t accept it, it would mean that I don’t want to spend time with her. But even so, I already know what my night is like. Maybe, I should just read what she wrote on the papers. I hope Twilight doesn’t take it wrong...

Luna looked back at Twilight to speak her response. “Is it okay if instead, we ... I mean, I read your study notes of what you’ve been writing?”

Twilight seemed confused by the answer. Would Luna rather read her study notes than study astronomy beside her? But she soon realized that Luna was the Princess of the Night, so obviously Luna knew the night sky more than any other pony and creature. A smile soon appeared on her face.

“Okay, Luna. The notes are stacked on your right side,” said Twilight, pointed with a hoof at the notes.

Luna followed the hoof of the purple unicorn and saw that it was pointing at the pile of notes. Luna approached the pile and took the first paper from the pile to read what was written.

Meteor shower- Meteor shower is an event in which a group of meteors is observed radiating from a single point in the sky (radiant). These meteors are caused by debris entering the atmosphere at very high speeds. In a meteor shower, this debris is usually the result of a comet’s interactions with Equestria, in which material the comet is detached from its orbit, or when Equestria crosses that orbit. Most meteors are smaller than a grain of sand, so they almost always disintegrate and do not reach the planet’s surface. Intense and unusual meteor showers are also called meteor outbreaks or storms, in which more than 1,000 meteors are seen per hour.

A smile soon appeared on Luna’s face when she finished reading what was written on the paper. She knew that Twilight liked her night, but she would never have imagined that Twilight would want to study even astronomical events. She hugged the paper and when tears came out of her eyes, but taking great care not to get wet with tears or crush them with the hoof.

Oh Twilight… you have no idea how much you are making me feel appreciated…

She wiped the tears away with a hoof, put the paper on the floor, and looked at Twilight and noticed that the purple mare had returned to writing on the paper. Luna looked at the book she brought, closed her eyes and blew out a light and low breath. It was now. It was now that she would hand over and give the book to Twilight as a thank you for everything Twilight has done to her since her return. She started to approach Twilight, but as she wanted to surprise her, she hid the book behind her.

Twilight stopped writing at the sound of footsteps and saw Luna approaching her. “Have you finished reading the papers yet?”

“Actually, not yet,” Luna replied.

Twilight raised an eyebrow confusedly. “Then why did you come to me? Do you need help with something? Have you changed your mind and want to study with me?”

“It’s nothing like that, Twilight.” Luna calmly denied.

“So what is it?” Twilight wanted to know.

Luna looked to her right as she smiled and a pink flush appeared on her cheeks. She took the book out from behind it and showed it to Twilight. Twilight blew out a surprised breath at the book.

“I… I bought this astronomy book just for you. It’s a way of thanking you for everything you’ve done to me since my return as Princess of the Night,” Luna replied, still flushed and looking away.

Suddenly, Luna felt herself being hugged by hooves. She looked down and saw Twilight hugging her while smiling and her eyes were closed.

“Thank you, Luna. This is the best gift in the world.” Twilight thanked.

Luna was obviously surprised. She didn’t expect Twilight to hug her, but a smile soon appeared on her face. Maybe that meant that Twilight felt the same way she did. With that thought in her head, she returned the hug with a hoof.

“You’re welcome, Twilight. You have no idea how your words and your company make me feel good.”

“I’m happy with that, Luna. After all, we are friends,” said Twilight.

”Yes, Twilight. We are now friends. But soon, very soon, we will be marefriends, and we will be together… forever.” Luna thought, now with an evil smile.