• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 1,585 Views, 28 Comments

Mario Party at the Library - NotQuiteABrony



quite possibly the most eventful, fun video game series is brought to Twilight's library!

  • ...
3
 28
 1,585

Let's do this!

Before we start, I should clarify. They're playing a 15 turn game with Bonus Stars and all mini-games on. I was going with 35 but damn that'll take too long.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''Now, roll the dice and see who goes first!''. The words appeared kind of slow, but fast enough that Rainbow Dash wasn't complaining. ''Watch and learn, everypony, as I, the amazing Rainbow Dash will go first!''. RD hit A as Waluigi hit the Dice Block. A 7 appeared. ''Ha! I'd like to see you beat that!''. Twilight rolled an 8, Pinkie Pie rolled a 9 and Applejack rolled a 10. Rainbow Dash was dumbfounded and the others were trying so very hard to hold back all laughter, but they all failed. ''Thank ya, karma!'' said Applejack in between surges of laughter. ''I like this already!!!'' yelled Pinkie. ''I don't believe in karma, but that just has to be it!'' Twilight calmly claimed. They all looked over at Rainbow as she muttered words that the normal pony couldn't hear. ''Ah beg yer pardon, sugarcube?'' asked Applejack, wiping away tears of laughter. ''She said that we'll all get ours at some point!'' said Pinkie, still giggling (i did say 'normal'). 'The first star you'll shoot for is over here!'' as the screen moved towards a space after a bridge, in between a blue space and a red space.

TURN 1

MARIO START

''Yeehaw, here we go!'' yelled Applejack, when it was her turn to hit the dice. Applejack tapped A, Mario hit the dice, and it was a 5. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and suddenly ''Hello, I'm a capsule machine! Would you like a capsule?'' (Yes) (No). ''Sure, why not?'' and a capsule came out. ''I think that machine has a tummyache! He just barfed a ball!'' said Pinkie Pie, concerned for a video game machine's health. 'You got a Super Mushroom Capsule!' appeared in a text box. Applejack's turn finished as she hit a red space. ''Aw, for goodness sake...'' as she lost 3 coins.

WARIO START

''Yay! It's my turn! I hope I get a 10, or even a 9 or maybe a-'' Pinkie was cut off. ''Just hit A, Pinkie'' said an impatient Rainbow Dash. Pinkie hit A, Wario lifted his fat body off the ground and got a 2, but a blue space at the same time. ''Aww, I wanted to get the machine!''. ''Well, maybe next time Pinkie, but now it's my turn'' Twilight said excitedly

PEACH START

''Now, by my calculations, if I hit it at the right time, I should get a high number!'' said Twilight, matter-of-factly. ''And...now!'' she hit A, and a 10 appeared. Rainbow Dash and Applejack looked confused at how she did that when the numbers were moving so fast. When she got to the capsule machine, she got a Koopa Bank Capsule. ''Does this mean I can open a bank?''. Peach stopped moving at a blue space.

WALUIGI START

''Aww yeah, here's how a pro does it!'' Rainbow Dash said with a cocky tone in her voice. 'A' button, Waluigi jumping, 9 appearing. ''Hehe, sweet!'' as Waluigi started running, and got to the capsule machine. Rainbow Dash managed to get a Chain Chomp Capsule. ''That looks so awesome!''. Waluigi continued running and hit a red space.

2 VS. 2 MINIGAME MARIO AND WALUIGI VS. PEACH AND WARIO

''Let's do this, Applejack!'' ''You got it, partner!'' said Rainbow Dash and Applejack as they brohoofed.

''Come on, Twilight! We can win! Although, I don't see how you can win a party unless-'' ''Umm, let's just try to win the mini-game for now'' ''Okie dokie lokie!'' from the other team of Twilight and Pinkie Pie as they nodded at eachother

MANIC MALLETS

Twilight skimmed through the instructions while Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack were trying to read them. ''Got it!'' said the 3 in unison. The minigame started as they all readied to hit A repeatedly. RD and AJ were on a roll, tapping it as fast as they could. Twilight was taking it slow, and Pinkie was somehow hitting A faster than RD, AJ and Twilight. Combined. The mallet in the background turned as the time ran out. The mallet crushed Mario and Waluigi and...

PEACH AND WARIO WIN

''Good job, Pinkie! There was a reason I took it slow''. The winners looked over at RD and AJ as they started stuttering, saying ''How the? But what? And then? HUH?!?''. Pinkie giggled and said ''It's okay, guys! There's still lots more partying to do!''
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who knew one turn could take this long? Well, Mario Party is eventful and I don't plan on pulling out. Give whatever feedback you feel this deserves and I'll see you next time!