• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 1,856 Views, 14 Comments

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Elrafa22



Follow Daragon on a quest to defeat the evil dragon Alduin and stop the civil war.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,856

The Vision

AUTHOR'S NOTES

OK, so this Chapter took longer cause I was focused on some personal stuff. So thanks for bearing with me.

END OF AUTHOR'S NOTE


It was around 3:40 a.m. when I got up. “Hmm, they are all sleeping... maybe I got time.” I slipped on some trousers and went for a stroll. The forest was quiet, the only thing I could hear was the crickets chirping and the occasional early morning bird. After a few minutes of walking I found a small pillar with the Talos statue on top. “It's incredible its still here.” I said. That spot had been my sanctuary since I was a little colt. There was an ominous light coming from the statue that let out some kind of tranquil energy, it felt like if was entering the Temple of the Divines in Solitude. “Better get this over with before somepony sees me.” I took out my Talos amulet and placed it next to the statue and began to pray.

“Daragon...”

I was startled. That voice sounded too heavenly to be from Equestria. “W-who's there?” I stuttered as I scanned the forest behind me. There was nothing behind me. I reached for my sword but the sheath was empty. “Damn.”

“Daragon.” This time the voice sounded closer. I turned back to the statue only for it to be replaced by a blue alicorn in golden armor. “Good morning lad.”

I was speechless. Who was he? Was he one of the Divines? “W-who are you?” I said trying to sound calm.

“I am known by many names but those from here, Skyrim, call me Talos.” I nearly fainted. I was talking to the actual Talos! “Now tell me lad, what are you doing here?”

I gulped. “I-I-I came here to pray, sir.”

“Ah, yes, the Thalmor have prohibited my worship and now the people of Skyrim has to worship me in secret.” He said. There was no hint of anger in his voice. Just... Emptiness.

“Sir, if you don't mind me asking, what do you think of Ulfric Stormcloak?” I said.

He let out a deep belly laugh (Which sounded more like thunder). “Son, I couldn't think lower of him.” He suddenly stopped laughing and looked at me directly in the eye. “His greed has taken a lot of lives. He also...” He shot a pained look at me. “You're Daragon right?”

I nodded.

“Ah yes, now I remember, you always came here when you were a little colt. And what a fine stallion you have grown up to be.” He said

“Thank you,sir. Now about what you were saying...” I said as my heart banged against my ribcage.

“Sorry lad, sometimes I get a little carried away.” I hoped I hadn't offended him. “As I was saying, he also killed... your parents.”

My heart skipped a beat. I heard they were killed by Stormcloaks but I didn't know he killed them personally. I felt neither sadness nor vengeance. “Are they in Sovnguard?” I asked.

“Yes, your dad is pretty nice with lute, and your mom has a beautiful voice.” He said with a smile in his face.I felt a tear running down my cheek. “Now,” He said rubbing his hooves together. “Let me tell you why I came to talk to you in the first place. You, Daragon, have a special quest here in Skyrim.”

“Who, me? But I'm just you're average pony. I'm nothing special.” I said.

“Oh, on the contrary, lad.” He said putting his hoof on my shoulder. “You are very special. In fact you'll be saving the world, and your name will be remembered for eras to come.” He said as he raised his hoof.

“B-b-but, what do you mean?” What was he talking about? Like I said, I'm just an average pony. How could somepony like me would save the world? That's not possible!

“Your destined for great things Daragon, and all that will be revealed soon enough.” He said that and just... disappeared. Poof. Banished. Without a trace.

“Daragon, sugarcube, where are you?!” I heard Applejack calling for me.

“Oh, shit!” I grabbed my neckless and put it in my pocket. “I'm coming Applejack! Get the gear ready!!”

I made my way back to camp. It was probably 8 o' clock by now. “How long was I there?” I said looking up the sky.

“Hey, Daragon, the hunters said that they had some fishin' to do, so they left early.” She said strapping her boots on.

“Then maybe we should go too.” I said as I put on my armor.

“I couldn't agree more.” She said. “This forest gives me the creeps.”

The road to Riverwood was uneventful. It was probably around ten a.m. when we got there.

“Sis, is that you?!” Said a little filly coming to hug Applejack. “I missed you so much!” She said as she lept up to hug Applejack.

“Applebloom!” She said hugging her closer. “Ah missed you to lil' sis.”

“Umm, Applejack, who's this?” She said looking at me.

“Oh, him? This stallion right here saved mah life. I'm going to accompany him to Whiterun.”

“Ooohhh...” She then whispered something in Applejack's ear and they both giggled.

“What?” I said.

Applejack leaned over. “She thinks you're cute.”

I blushed like crazy.

“He Granny Smith inside the house I should take you to her.” Said Applebloom hopping up and down on the spot. “She'll be so exited to see you!”

We walked up to where Applejack lives and entered the house. “Granny Smith, look who I found!” Yelled Applebloom.

“Dang nabit, girl, what did Ah tell ya about yelling in the house.” We heard some hoofsteps coming from the basement and up the ladder. “Now, what could be so important so you can interrupt mah beauty sleep.” She gasped when he saw AJ. “Applejack, wh-what happened? You look like ya you just came out of one yer bar fights.”

Applejack blushed. “Grandma, please!” She whispered. “No, we- we where looking for a place to stay.”

“Well sure,” Granny Smith pulled up a chair. “But that doesn't answer my question: Why do ya look so beat up?”

Applejack sighed. “W-we were attacked by a dragon at Helgen. Were probably the only ones who survived along with a pegasus.”

Granny Smith looked baffled. “Are ya sure ya aren't drunk Applepie?”

AJ nodded.

Granny Smith looked at me. “Is this true?”

I nodded slowly. “It's all true...”

“Well,” she sighed. “We are pretty short on guards and were goin' to need a few more guards. You, Daragon, A need you to go to Jarl Rarity and tell her we need more guards.”

I smiled. “It'll be my pleasure.” I turned to Applejack. “Care to join me?”

AJ nodded. “Lets...”

We came out of the house and I felt a small tug on my armor. I turned around and found Applebloom holding up a sword.

“Here, take this. This sword will protect you and will help you take care of my big sis.” She said with big googly eyes.

I take the sword and swung it a bit. It was made of a pretty strong steel, the tip was pointy enough to stab, and the hilt was dark leather and iron with a ruby with the shape of a tiny apple. “Wow Applebloom! This sword looks deadly.” I knelt down and kissed her on the fore head. “Thank you.”

She blushed a bit. “Ah it's nothin'. I made it myself. Now please take care of my sis.”

“I will don't worry.” I patted her head. We turned around and went down the stairs to the center of Riverwood. Then a door swung open and a couple of ponies came out.

“Well! What are you gonna do about it?!” The female one said with a angry tone.

“Were going to do nothing! No treasure lookin, no thief chasing!” The male pony said.

The female pony humphed and went away. The male pony sat down on a nearby chair.

I went to him. “Um, sir is there a problem?”

He looked up. “Oh, nothing... Just had a bit of the break in. They stole a golden claw... Only that.”

“Oh, I could... Go get it for you...”

“R-really? Oh, I got beats coming on my next shipment, it's yours if you get it back. What do you say?”

“I-” I was spun around and faced Applejack.

“What the hay, Daragon?! We were going to see the Jarl!” She whispered.

“Hey, easy AJ. We'll get to that. But right now we need bits to get around. We won't buy supplies without bits neither.”

“*Hmph* Fine!”

I turned around and faced the shop keeper. “We'll take it!”

“Oh, good! They said they were going to Bleak Falls Barrow.” He pointed towards the mountain behind AJ's house. “You just need to go up the road turn next and head up the mountain and you'll find it.”

“Ok, don't worry, we'll get that claw for you.”

*An hour later.*

“Ok were here, AJ.” I said breathing heavily. “I hate mountains.” I looked ahead and saw a tower. “Hey, we could camp there.” I said pointing at the tower.

“Oh ok I brought my sleeping bag.” She said looking through her bag. “It's big enough for both of us.”

As we got closer we could hear some screams.

“Are you going to tell us were your money is?”

“I ain't scared of you!” A brief pause. “I'm frickin' terrified!” That voice sounded familiar...

“Oh just tell us were do you keep your money!”

As me and AJ came closer we peeked through a open doorway and saw what they were doing. They had the green pony from yesterday on binds and he was beat up pretty badly. “AJ, we need to save this pony. Any ideas?” I whispered.

“I got one. I could could take that one with my dagger and you take those two with dual wielded swords.”

“Ok lets do this.” I crept behind the two in front of the green pony and waited for AJ to get in position. “Are you ready?” I mouthed. She nodded. She crept up behind him, grabbed his head and slashed his throat. I unsheathed my weapons and stabbed them throught the heart. We cleaned ourselves from the blood and moved the carcasses outside. “AJ you set up the sleeping bag let me look at the prisoner.” I came closer to him and noticed he had passed out. I remembered Twilight taught me a few healing spells. I cleaned up a table, put some candles around him for warmth. I then casted a healing spell on him and saw his wounds banish, but he didn't wake up. I put my ear on his chest and waited for a beat.

*Thunk-Thunk*

I breathed a sigh of relief. “Ok his alive...” I left the candles on so he doesn't die of hypothermia.

“Daragon, Sugarcube, A've finished setting up the sleeping bag.” She called behind me.

“I'm coming!” I took a second glance at him and went to AJ.

“Is he okay?” She said.

“Yeah he was pretty beat up though...”

“He'll be fine, lets get some sleep.” She said slipping in on the sleeping bag.

“Yeah.” I took off my armor since me and AJ were earth ponies we felt little cold. I slipped in the sleeping bag and looked at the stone roof.

“Your destined for great things Daragon...” Those words Talos said kept ringing in my head.