• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 1,856 Views, 14 Comments

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Elrafa22



Follow Daragon on a quest to defeat the evil dragon Alduin and stop the civil war.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,856

Unbound

I woke up with a nasty headache. “Owww, where am I?” I looked around and found myself in a carriage being carried to gods know where.

“Hey, sugarcube, are y'all alright?” Said somepony in front of me. “What's yer name?”

“Umm, uhh, I'm Daragon.” I said. I looked up and saw she was absolutely beautiful. Blonde mane, freckles, and a strong character. “What's yours?”

“A'm Applejack.” She said a tad bit nervous. “Daragon, A think we may have been framed.”

“What makes you think that?” I asked.

“Well, when you were knocked out, A heard one of them Stormcloaks say we were thieves, I've never stole in mah life. A'm just an honest farmer” She said now in whispers, probably to try not to wake the other to ponies beside us.

“Well what do we do?” I whispered.

“Well, I really don't know but-”

“Hey shut up back there!” One of the guards driving yelled at us. “If you don't shut up I'll drag you to the
dungeon myself.”

We both slumped back to our seats. “We're going to die aren't we?” I mouthed.

She nodded painfully and started to cry.

I quickly sat next to her. “Hey, Hey, dont cry maybe the gods will give us another chance.” I said trying to comfort her.

She stopped crying and placed her head on my shoulder. “Thank you, A'm mighty honored to have you at my side at this time. Even if I barely know you.” She said wipening her tears away. “Why do y'all think we'll git a second chance, Daragon?”

“Well, I don't know but have faith, maybe they'll realize we're just a farmer and a petty adventurer.” I said as I caressed her mane. Then I got a strange feeling as if some pony was watching us. I looked around and saw a cream colored pegasus looking at me with big teary eyes. I shot her a glance and she quickly looked away, blushing a hot pink. I looked at the opposite direction and saw we were approaching a town called Helgen. I sighed. “Applejack, looks like we're here.”

“Well, it's been a real pleasure.” She said grimly.

As we got out of the carriage we were called one by one to go to get our heads chopped off by the headsman. “U-ulfric S-s-stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm.” The cream colored pegasus said. A bearded pony passed her with a gag in his mouth. She looked at us confused as she kept flipping through the pages. “Um,could you two you, uh, step foward, if you don't mind.”

We took a few steps foward.

“Who are you?”

“I'm Daragon, and I'm from right here in Skyrim. And she's Applejack from ...”

“Skyrim also.” She finished.

“Oh, I'm sorry at least you'll be buried here in your homeland.” She looked at me sad. I bet she knew we didn't belonged there.

As we made our way to the block we heard the general talking to Ulfric. He was yelling about how he was a failure and not fit to be High King. Ulfric just groaned and went in line.

*ROAR*

“W-w-w-what was that?” Stuttered the cream colored pegasus.

“It's nothing, Fluttershy, lets get this show on the road.” Said the general.


The first pony went and kneeled down and closed his eyes. The headsman finished sharpening his axe and moved next to the pony. He raised his axe and it gleamed in the sun.

*KATHUNK*

The pony's headless body slumped on the ground.

I looked around to see who else was next and saw a captain pointing at Applejack. She approached the block and and placed her head on it. She looked at me, her freckled face was covered in tears. I almost started to cry myself. I only knew her for a few minutes but she was like a best friend to me. Then, I saw something big and black come down the mountain and my mouth fell open.

*ROAR*

“What in Oblivion is that!?” Yelled the general.

It landed on a guard tower behind the headsman. The dragon shouted in some ancient language and the sky turned red and meteors started to fall from the sky. It was total chaos. One of the meteors landed on the back of the headsman head killing him. I quickly made my way to her. “Applejack, get up we need to move.“ She didn't move, she was petrified with fear. I looked around and saw an open guard tower. I picked her up and carried her there. In there were a few injured Stormcloaks and Ulfric.

“Jarl Ulfric what is that? Could the legends be true?” Said one of the Stormcloaks.

“Legends don't burn down villages.” He said.

I gently placed Applejack on the floor for her to breath for a sec. “Are you Ok?”

“A'm fine, we need to git out of here.” She said looking up the staircase behind me.

A large crash was heard from above.

AJ and I climbed up the stairs and saw a bunch a rubble and a buried pony. A hole was blow out on the opposite side.

“We need to jump!” I yelled over the roar of the beast.

“Are y'all crazy we'll break our goddang necks!” She yelled back.

“There's a tavern at the other side, we could land on the bed.”

“ Well, I trust ya. Ok on the count of three.”

“1...2...are you ready?” I said.

“No!”

“Three! Jump!”

We both jumped through the hole and landed on the bed but we rolled off. She landed on top of me. “Are you ok?” I said.

“Yeah, A'm... a'm fine.” She then locked eyes with me.

A few seconds have passed and she was still on me. “Um, AJ could you get off me, we're still running for our lives here.”

She quickly got off me. “Oh, A-a'm sorry.”

We hopped down a hole and we we're back at ground level. Ahead I saw Fluttershy trying to get a little filly out of harms way.

“Umm, C'mon little guy we need to get you out of here.” The filly started moving toward her. Then when he was halfway there the dragon landed behind him.

“Yol...” The dragon started to say.

My body never reacted so fast in my life. I sprinted toward the kid, wrapped my arms around him and covered him from head to hoof.

“...Toor Shul.”

I felt a burning pain in my back but not as painful as I expected. The dragon began to fly away again to slaughter the rest of the town. I got up and put my hoof behind my back to check if I had burns. I didn't. “What in Oblivion happened?” I whispered. I realized I was still holding the kid and let him go.

Fluttershy went to tell the filly to go with somepony else behind her. AJ looked at me with amazement. “How did you do that?” Asked Fluttershy making her way to me.

“I have no idea...” I said taking in heavy breaths. “Fluttershy, do you know anywhere safe here?”

“Yes, there's a keep just around the corner, follow me.”She said as she motioned us to follow her.

We made it inside and Fluttershy told us to come closer so she can cut our bindings off. “There. Now around here there's a chest with armor and weapons for both of you. Go look for it while I go look for something for the burns.”

AJ and I started to look around for it. “I found it.” Yelled AJ.

“Well, that was fast.” I muttered.

Applejack opened the chest,which contained two sets of iron boots, gauntlets, two swords, an iron helmet, iron armor and studded armor.

“I'll take the studded armor and a set of the iron gauntlets and boots, a sword and you keep the rest, deal?” I offered her.

“I don't like helmets. Here, you keep it.” She said placing the horned helmet on my head. This time my white eyes were all over her green eyes. We leaned over to kiss each other.

“Hey, guys, I found some potions,” yelled Fluttershy. “I think they are heal- what are you guys doing?”

I looked at her and realized I was holding her a little too close to me. “Umm, uh, we were, uh...” I stammered.

“Keeping warm?” AJ finished and made a weird face.

“Yeah, because we are both, uhh... chilly.”

“Are you sure?” Fluttershy asked. We both nodded fast. “Because It looked like you were about to kiss.” At that exact moment we heard a couple of soldiers at the other side of the gate.

“Come on, Gilda, we need to get out of here.” A pony said.

“Shut up, can you see I'm trying to catch my breath here, stupid ponies.” A female voice said.

We stood silently as ever. Fluttershy came to me shaking. “That sounded like a griffin. Those creatures are very rare around these parts and worst of all they're...” She leaned closer to my ear. “Dangerous.”

I couldn't believe it, my step sister wanted me to travel half of Equestria to find just four griffin feathers. “Ok, AJ, do you have combat experience?”

“I sure have.” She whispered.

“Good. Fluttershy I need you to hang back a bit, Ok?”

She nodded.

“Ok, lets do this.” I pulled the lever and AJ and I made ourselves inside.

“Who in Talos' name are you?” The griffin said.

“I'm Daragon.” I answered. “Who are you?”

Before she could answer she unsheathed her claws. “They are imperials!” She accused us. “Stefan kill them!”

“Whoah, whoah, easy sweetheart. What makes you,think were imperials?” Said AJ as we both backed up to the wall.

The griffin pointed at the door we came through and Fluttershy was peeking through the metal bars. “Eeek” She shrieked and took off.

“Well on that note,” I said as we unsheathed our swords. “Bring it on, Bent beak.”

“Grrr, Stefan kill them!” She yelled.

The pony took a running start and swung his axe at us.

“DUCK!” I grabbed AJ's head and pushed it down.

The axe smashed the wall so hard it actually broke. AJ and I took that chance and we both stabbed him through the gut. He clutched his bleeding wounds and fell to the ground. “Give it up, you're out numbered!” I said.

“Ha! You think I need help? That's pathetic.” Gilda quickly lunged toward me and AJ. She dug her claws in my left cheek and she only scratched AJ's armor. I clutched my cheek and it was bleeding profusely.

“Hahaha, You imperials are a bunch of milkdri-” Before she could finish a arrow pierced her throat. She fell to the ground trying to pull off it off her.

AJ and looked at the door and Fluttershy came through it carrying a reddish bottle and she also had a bow on her back.

“That explains the arrow that saved our flanks.” I thought.

“Here drink this.” She said giving me the potion.

I drank it and the pain in my cheek stopped. “Is it healed?” I asked.

“Well, yes and no,” Fluttershy said. “The potion healed your wounds but they will remain as a scar.”

“I can live with that.” I informed her.“Let me collect a few feathers and tucked them.” We made a our way down, killed a few stormcloaks and made it to the torture room. The torture room was a mess everypony there was dead except one. “Fluttershy, give him a potion.”

“Nnnh don't. It's already late for me, but if you go down the cells you'll find a hole and continue on and you'll get out of here.” And with one last breath he died.

I closed his eyes and continued down were he told us. After a while we arrived at a huge cavern which was covered in webs. “Umm, guys how big are the spiders in Skyrim?” Asked Fluttershy.

“Well, theres the itibity ones that are like 5 centimeter long. Annnd then there's the frostbite spider which are huuuuge. Why do you ask?” I finished.

“Well, because there's like two huge ones and four babies coming down from the ceiling.”

AJ and I looked up and saw the six spiders coming down their webs. “Annnnd this is the part were we run.” We darted off but Fluttershy stood behind. “Fluttershy, what are you doing?!”

She didn't answer, she just stood there looking at them. For a second I thought we were going to to lose her but the spiders started to retreat. The spiders had finally gone back to their nest when she came trotting to us ever so happily.

“What in Mara's name happened?” Asked AJ.

“Oh that?” Fluttershy giggled. “That is just a special power I got.”

I was still pretty amazed from what I saw. A single pegasus just staring down six spiders, now that's story worthy!

“Ok lets keep moving. We still need to get out of here.” AJ reminded us.

We made our way through a,natural bridge on top of a tiny river.

“Daragon, Fluttershy wait,” AJ said behind us. “There's a bear over yonder.”

Shy and I looked ahead and saw the black bear sleeping. “Ok, lets see if we can sneak around it.” I said.

“Are y'all kiddin' me,” AJ whispered loudly. “A'm not getting near that thing!”

“We don't need to get close, look there a trail by the left.” Said Fluttershy pointing at the trail.

“Oh fine, we'll sneak around it.” AJ finally agreed.

We crouched down and made our way down the path. About
Halfway we heard a terrifying roar. The bear got up looked around and ran at the opposite direction we were going.

We all sighed in relief. “Hey I can feel a breeze.” I said as I made my way to the cave exit. I sighed with even more relief. “Hey guys, I found the exit!”

We exited to the outside world. Everything was as beautiful as it was the last time I saw it.

“Daragon, Applejack, this is where we part ways. I must go back to Solitude and report back to Tullius.” She said as she took off. “Oh and if you guys plan on joining the war could you, I mean if you don't mind, could you join the legion?”

“I was planning on joining the Legion. I knew today it was a misunderstanding so I'll let it slide.” I said.

“Yeah, A'll probably join too.” Applejack said.

“Ok guys I'll be going now.” And Fluttershy flew off and left me alone with AJ.

I turned to AJ. “Do you know anywhere we could go?”

“Well, there's Riverwood but we'll make it by midnight,” she said looking at the sun. It was probably like 5:30. “I heard theres a hunter's camp northeast from here, maybe we should go ther?”

“Ok.” We started to walk off in that direction. When we could smell the porkchop being cook we found a bright green pony with awesome sideburns, his cutie mark had words in it (which was rare.) It read: “Cutie mark of Darkness, then Redness, then Whiteness. Bless yo' face. If you sneezed while reading my flank, bless you.” He was also singing something. It sounded like this:

“This song sounds dramatic, but I'm bad at writing words. If you don't speak English this probably sounds pretty good...” We didn't hear anymore because he ran away screaming: “WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW”

“Well that was... Unique.” Applejack said. “And look we're here.”

The camp had three sleeping bags. One was already taken. “Umm, can you spare a couple of sleeping bags.” I said to the hunter poking the fire.

“Sorry, we have only one.” He said. “But it's big enough for the two of you.”

“Deal.” I gave him 5 pieces of gold I found in the keep and prepared the sleeping bag. We ate and drank until we were full. We took off our armor and sliped on the sleeping bag. The moons were were out and those weird color wall were out tonight it was truly beautiful.

“Hey, Daragon are you awake.” Applejack whispered.

“Mmhmm.”

“A'm sorry if A'm bothering you but, do you have family here in Skyrim?”

“I do actually, Twilight Sparkle? She's the herbalist and healer in Whiterun I was planning on staying with her.” I said getting comfy.

“But she's a unicorn and your and earth pony?” She said placing her hat next to her.

“I'm adopted. Her parents found me while they were gathering ingredients.”

“And where are they?”

I sighed. “They're dead, they were killed by stormcloaks while they were looking for some deathbells.”

“Oh A'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked.” She said looking away embarrassed.

“No, don't worry I feel glad you asked it gets tiring carrying that weight for a long time without anyone asking. And what about you AJ, do you have family here?”

“Yeah, mah granma, mah big brother Big Macintosh and my little sis Applebloom. They live in Riverwood the place we're heading to tomorrow.”

“Can't wait to meet your folks.” I said. The sky was beautiful buy the air was freezing cold.

“You're freezing,” She said. “Let me take care of that.”

She cuddled next to me and to be honest she was alot warmer.

“Good night, Applejack.”

“G'night, sugarcube.” She then kissed me on the cheek.