• Published 10th Aug 2020
  • 1,157 Views, 18 Comments

Apple Moon - JPHyperX



Apple Bloom gets banished to the moon by accident.

  • ...
3
 18
 1,157

1. Chapter: The Apple has landed

A yellow shooting star shot across the universe. The cry of a young filly faded away, but no one heard her. It only became silent as it landed on the dusty ground of the grey rock orbiting her home planet.

Apple Bloom, there she lay; her face covered in moon dust. Her big eyes widened as she realized what had happened. “What have I done wrong?” she gasped. Then she picked herself up and screamed the question again out loud, “WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?”

Her echo reverberated over the barren landscape. The sky was black, the ground was grey. She had never seen such a wasteland before, but it was easy to guess where she was. It wasn't a dream; it was real.

There had been a fight against this monster. Her friends and the bearers of the six elements were there. It happened so fast, the next moment she was blinded by a light and then she flew through the clouds, through the sky up to here.

Apple Bloom lay on her back and cried loudly. Everything above her was pitch black.

After she had finished crying, she got up again and wiped her face. That made it even dirtier. She saw her world before her with her big, beady eyes; a big blue ball with a white atmosphere and green spots that she recognized as continents.

“My world is really beautiful,” she thought. The light in her eyes trembled at this view. When she realized that she was just a little pony born on this planet, she had to shed another tear.

She looked back again at the bleak landscape. Stones and rocks were lying all around. If she could only give a sign that she was here. Maybe the others knew that and were looking for ways to save her. Apple Bloom saw no reason for this banishment. She just stood by; it was an accident. But how did that even happen?

Apple Bloom trotted ahead with lowered eyes. It didn't matter where she went. The Trabant was big, and all the rocks were scattered far into the horizon. She saw round and square formations, others with different colours. The moon rock shone under Celestia's sun.

The little foal decided to build something from these rocks. She had always been creative, because that proved her Cutie-Mark. She stacked stones on top of each other, built walls and thought hard about how she could move a heavy boulder. She dug some sand out from under this boulder and so it moved a little.

After some time, Apple Bloom finally had the rock where she intended to have it. But it didn't have the right shape yet. She took another pointed stone to carefully chop off the edges.

Much later she had chiseled a large cube out of it. The surface was still a little rough, but it was just the way she wanted it.

Time passed, and Apple Bloom continued to build. At some point she felt tired, not knowing how long she had been working on her projects. Time here was different. She yawned heartily and looked at her work with satisfaction. Much was still incomplete, but it was already taking shape.

She sat down next to the cube and curled up. Then she wrapped her tail around her hooves. Sadly, she looked once more at her home planet. She wondered if Applejack was getting things started. She would not be able to sit still. She probably stared up at the moon and wondered how she was doing. Apple Bloom promised her that an answer would come soon. Then she closed her tired young eyes.



When she woke up, she noticed that the planet in front of her was moving. But it was actually the moon. There was a cobalt blue magical glow over the landscape; much like a unicorn that made things levitate. Her half-finished building project glowed beautifully. Bright spots of light were swarming around like fireflies. Apple Bloom's mouth was open. She walked towards the rising planet and saw something amazing.

On the continent shone Equestria, there were millions of lights; unicorn lights. They shone brightly and apparently formed a symbol. It was their cutie mark. Apple Bloom's legs shook. “They know… They know that I’m here.”

Her tears came back. All of Equestria stood behind her. Even though the lights were so far away, they warmed her heart. She clasped her breast and watched the spectacle for a long time.

At some point the lights disappeared because the ponies went to sleep. But one light was still on. It was in the Ponyville area. Apple Bloom knew who it was. She closed her eyes and thought of the farm, of her family. The golden light continued to shine in her thoughts, although it was also slow but surely fading.

She opened her eyes and this time she was very determined to continue working on her construction project. She want to finish it. But then she saw a shining figure with orange hair. She smiled at the little foal. Apple Bloom couldn't believe it. This pony looked familiar to her. She knew her from the family albums, and she was carried by this pony when she was a baby foal.

“Mom,” Apple Bloom held its breath. There was actually her mother, Pear Butter, standing in the middle of her half-finished farm.

“Is it really you?” Her breathing quickened, a thousand and one questions rushed through her mind.

As she stood right in front of her, Pear Butter gave her a hug. It felt so real, warm and comforting. “Oh, my little Apple Bloom, I'm so proud of you.”

The filly pressed her head against the chest. Many tears were rolling down her cheeks. “Mother, I... How can it be? Were you banished here, too?” she asked and looked up to her.

But Pear Butter just smiled and stroked her cheek, wiping away the tears. Then she said in her soft voice, “I am always with you. You have grown so big already. If only your father could see you.”

“Dad? Where is he?” snorted Apple Bloom.

“He's with the others,” she said, looking over the moon farm that Apple Bloom had built. She was done. The barn there was all white. From the fields grew strong white trees with silver leaves and golden apples.

“Here!” Her mother gave her one of these apples. Apple Bloom was amazed. Her eyes were gleaming in the light.

“You built it all yourself, a new kind of apple from your farm. You named it Moon Apple," said Pear Butter.

Apple Bloom bit the apple. It was hard, but her teeth were strong enough "Hmm... Tastes like..." She chewed a little. "Like a sweet apple pie!"

Pear Butter smiled at her daughter and kissed her on the forehead. The foal squealed with happiness. She had her own farm. Her parents were back and she had discovered a new kind of apple. It all originated on this moon. Together they walked through the plantation of the moon apple trees.