• Published 17th Aug 2020
  • 372 Views, 26 Comments

Hell's Belles - Silent Whisper



Sweetie Belle and Sugar Belle go on a whirlwind heist. It goes exactly as well as you'd expect.

  • ...
1
 26
 372

Interrupted Pancakes, who?

"I really am sorry," said Sugar Belle for what had to have been the fifth time as I shoveled another forkful of cinnamon-apple pancake into my mouth.

Sugar Belle paced anxiously around the table, picking up shreds of paper that'd been scattered from her magic blast. "I thought you were somepony else, I really did, I would have never-"

"Whobyewbibkahwab?" I coughed in response around the half a pancake stuffed in my face.

Sugar Belle paused in her careful tidying and stared owlishly at her. "Come again?"

"Sobby," I replied, before taking a swig of juice and trying again. "Ah, sorry. Who'd you think I was, anyway?"

"Uhh…" Sugar Belle's brow creased in deep thought, the sort that I recognized from when Rarity tries to formulate the best possible answer to make herself look good. It’s a special sort of facial expression, or at least this was similar enough to that to make me feel like I was in familiar territory.

"Because it couldn't have been Big Mac, right?" I continued, loading as much pancake onto my fork as I could. "I don't think that's the sort of surprise you'd give to a lover. Unless this is one of those things that Rarity said I'd understand when I'm older? I kinda doubt it though. I mean, it's not like I don't know how two ponies have-"

"No, it's not that," Sugar Belle said hastily. "It's, well…" she sighed, and stared forlorn at the strips of parchment in her magic. "Can you keep a secret?"

"Sure," I said, before stuffing another few bites worth of delicious breakfast into my muzzle.

"Great," chirped Sugar Belle, clearing the table with a magical flourish. "Because I've been dying to tell somepony, and Big Mac and the rest of the Apples are off setting up for the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot."

"My pancakes!" I whined, hooves outstretched as my plate clattered to the floor just out of reach.

One by one, the shreds of paper drifted to the table, assembling together to form a whole. Sugar Belle sighed in relief. I pouted at her breakfast, before slowly hovering my fork towards the overturned floor pancakes.

"This is a map I've been given by - nevermind who, actually, just a friend here in Ponyville - of the Canterlot vaults," Sugar Belle explained, leaning down to point at the ruined diagram. A few pieces fluttered underneath her breath.

"Underneath here," she gestured at a sketch torn in half. "Is a vent leading towards a particular storeroom with a bunch of worthless treasure."

One of my ears perked, but the rest of my body remained dramatically flopped on the table. "Worthless treasure?"

"Mmhm," said Sugar Belle absently, waving a hoof. "Sacred gemstones a dragon wouldn't bother with, the final testament of King Sombra, a few relics of alternate realities, that sort of thing. A treasure to the Princess and the few who care, and worthless to everypony lacking context and a few degrees in obscure alicorn history. Most of it isn't important, but here… ah, hm. How should I… hey, you aren't using this anymore, right?"

"That's my fork!"

"Technically it's Big Mac's, which makes it mostly mine by in-law rights. Anyway, pretend this fork is the one thing in there that we care about."

"I care about breakfast."

"I know!" Sugar Belle huffed, before burying her face in her hooves. "Look, I shouldn't be telling you anything at all, but you and your friends helped me once before, and I know I should keep it secret but if I don't tell somepony about this I will simply burst and that will ruin much more than your meal. Just… listen, okay?"

I nodded hesitantly. "Okay, okay, I will. Yeesh, are you, you know, alright?"

"No," said Sugar Belle matter-of-factly. "In fact, none of us will be, if we don't do something. Somepony is going to try to steal this one less-worthless treasure, and if they do, Equestria as we know it will fall."