• Published 26th Jul 2020
  • 414 Views, 38 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Mare-Do-Well Returns - Time Agent pony



Trixie is chosen by Twilight and Sunset to be the new Mare-Do-Well and must learn all the responsibilities that come with the life of a hero

  • ...
 38
 414

Chapter 6

Later that night.

Trixie, already wearing the Mare-Do-Well suit, was ready to head out again.

This time would different, now that she had the full potential of the suit, this time she be able take down Superior Octopus and any other villains that got in her way.

"Let's do this," Trixie said, finally putting on the mask and swinging off into the night.


Elsewhere.

Superior Octopus sneaked into the bank, the same one Mare-Do-Well had saved on her second outing.

"Such simple security," he mused, as he used a device to hack into the bank vault, "child's play for someone of my genius."

Once the device had done its job, the bank vault opened without the alarm going off.

"Now," Superior Octopus murmured, as he entered the vault, "to take what I need and make my exit."


Meanwhile.

Mare-Do-Well was nearing the crime in progress, when suddenly a voice spoke.

"Good evening, Trixie," the voice said.

Trixie was so surprised she almost misjudged her landing on the rooftop she was approaching, fortunately she managed to stick the landing.

"Who's there?" Trixie said, looking around, "show yourself, hello?"

"Congratulations on completing the rigorous Training Wheels protocol," the voice continued, "and gaining access to this suit's full capabilities, I'm Sunburst and I'll be you digital companion."

It was only then that Trixie realised that the voice was coming from inside the suit's mask.

"Errr.....thank you," she replied,

"So," Sunburst carried on, "where are we going tonight?"

"Well," Trixie responded, "I'm on the trail of a villain, he has creepy metal tentacles."

"I assume that you are referring the Superior Octopus?" Sunburst answered.

"Yes," Trixie exclaimed, "how did you...?"

"I am programmed with a vast database of known criminals and superheroes worldwide," Sunburst explained, "would you like to read Superior Octopus's file?"

"I wonder where he could be?" Trixie murmured to herself.

"If I might interrupt," Sunburst chimed in, "there seems to be a robbery going down at one the local banks."

"That's got to be him," Trixie said, "how'd you know?"

"I am able to access any computer system wirelessly," Sunburst replied, "would you like me to give you a visual?"

"You can give me a visual??" Trixie asked.

"Certainly," Sunburst replied, as the image from a security camera appeared on her heads-up display.

It showed Superior Octopus emptying out safety deposit boxes into a sack.

"Ok," Trixie smiled, "let's go and stop him."

"I'm always here if you need any help" Sunburst added.

Without another word, Trixie activated her grappling line and proceeded on her way.


Back at the bank.

Superior Octopus was almost done with his robbery, he had just come to the last deposit box.

"Finally," he cackled, "thats finally enough."

He was about to put the last of the valuables in his sack, when a familiar-looking shadow appeared at the bank's roof.

"This pilfering party is about to end," the owner of the shadow declared, "with your defeat."

"No!" Superior Octopus cried, as Mare-Do-Well descended towards him, "not now!"

"There's nowhere to run," Mare-Do-Well continued, "I'm taking you in."

Mare-Do-Well dug around in her utility belt, hoping to get the Bubble gum cake batter from before, but instead of getting one of the previous gadgets she had used before, she picked something resembling a grenade.

She throw the grenade-like object at Superior Octopus, which exploded, releasing some colourful confetti.

"What was that?" Trixie exclaimed.

"Confetti grenade," Sunburst replied.

"Confetti grenade?!" Trixie repeated, "I didn't ask for a confetti grenade."

"You seem to be unfamiliar with the suit's gadgets and equipment," Sunburst replied, "would like a refresher course?"

"No, I don't need a refresher!" Trixie responded.

While Mare-Do-Well was distracted, Superior Octopus saw his opportunity to escape.

"Oh no you don't," Trixie said, as the villain headed for the bank exit.

"Would you like me to list the many other offensive features of the suit so you can pick one and set it as your default?" Sunburst asked.

"Not now," Trixie retorted, "just give me something I can use to track this guy so I can find him later."

"Might I recommend M-tracers," Sunburst answered, "they should allow you to track Superior Octopus to wherever he goes in Canterlot City."

"Then do it," Trixie commanded, as she dashed after the Superior Octopus.

"Aim and when you're ready, fire," Sunburst explained.

Trixie did so and a small M-shaped object shot out of Mare-Do-Well's wrist launcher, landing and sticking to the back of the villain's suit.

Superior Octopus, not noticing the object, continued his escape with the stolen items.

"It seems that you have failed once again," he declared, "but at any rate, until next time my friend."

Once Superior Octopus had left, Trixie looked at her mask's heads-up display, seeing the M-tracers signal moving away.

"Oh, yes," she said, "until next time indeed."


Meanwhile.

Superior Octopus was now back at his base, a condemned building.

"Finally," he declared, "I have more than enough funds, to acquire what I need, time for the final phase."

Just then, five figures entered the room, they were: Sportsmaster, Tigress, Doctor Polaris, Thundra and Batroc the Leaper.




"Gentlemen," Superior Octopus greeted, "good to see you accepted my summons."

"We'll do whatever you want," Sportsmaster a.k.a. Lawrence "Crusher" Crock replied, "as long as the pay's good."

"Oh, I assure you," Superior Octopus answered, "once you've all helped me, you will be handsomely rewarded, now be ready."

Superior Octopus turned and walked away, smiling to himself, "and by that," he thought, "I mean, that you all will take the fall and I'll be far away."