• Published 26th Jul 2020
  • 409 Views, 38 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Mare-Do-Well Returns - Time Agent pony



Trixie is chosen by Twilight and Sunset to be the new Mare-Do-Well and must learn all the responsibilities that come with the life of a hero

  • ...
 38
 409

Chapter 4

In the evening.

Trixie was at home, in her room, with the Mare-Do-Well suit on, ready to head out again.

As she was about to leave, she noticed something in the Mare-Do-Well mask's heads-up display.

She scrolled through, checking that all her gadgets and weapons were fully stocked.

Suddenly, she noticed a padlock symbol blocking her from accessing various features on the suit.

"Must have been broken when whoever owned it before had it," Trixie thought to herself.

Putting it out of her mind for now, Trixie activated her grappling line and swung off.


Elsewhere.

"Careful with those Diamonds, you buffoons," Doctor Otto Octavius a.k.a. The Superior Octopus grumbled, as his two henchmen, Blackguard and The Eraser raided a jewellery store.

"What about the Mare-Do-Well, boss?" Blackguard a.k.a. Richard 'Dick' Hertz asked, as he and The Eraser put the stolen jewels they had collected into a sack.

"Mare-Do-Well? bah!" Superior Octopus scoffed, "a mere rank amateur of a hero."

"But boss.." Eraser a.k.a. Leonard Fiasco began.

"You question my genius?!" Superior Octopus thundered, "I have planned for every outcome! You hear me every single..."

"Wow," Mare-Do-Well interrupted, "you villains really like the sound of your own voice don't you."

The three villain stopped what they were doing as Mare-Do-Well arrived on the scene.

"And once more," Mare-Do-Well continued, "you didn't even let me do my cool intro, do you know how hard it is to think of heroic things to say to scare criminals?"

For a moment, there was an awkward silence.

"What are you dimwits waiting for?" Superior Octopus cried, "get her!"

Blackguard and Eraser obeyed, dropping their stolen loot and advancing on Mare-Do-Well.

Eraser tried his best in taking Mare-Do-Well on in hand to hand combat, he was reasonably good against the hero thanks to his pencil point tipped shoes, but ultimately the villain was dispatched.

Blackguard was next to take on the Mare-Do-Well, using the power suit he wore to throw powerful punches, creating energy constructs and blocking her attacks with energy shields.

Mare-Do-Well fought with all her might, but none of her attacks seemed to damage the villain.

Again Trixie tried to access the features of the suit with the padlock on it, but was met with, 'access denied'.

Blackguard readied another attack as Mare-Do-Well quickly searched in her belt for a gadget or weapon that could give her an edge against the villain.

"Come on, come on," Mare-Do-Well muttered, as she franticly searched for something, anything that could help.

"You know something?" Blackguard said, as he advanced on Mare-Do-Well, "when I first heard the rumours about you I was actually worried, but now I can see that you're just a wannabe Batman."

"How many times do I have to say it," Mare-Do-Well replied, as finally found something she could use against the armour wearing villain, "I'm not Batman!"

Before the villain could react Mare-Do-Well threw a sticky substance at the villain's eyes, blinding him.

Blackguard stumbled backwards, trying to rip what was blinding him from his eyes, which only served to get his hands stuck to his face.

"What is this stuff?" he cried.

"Bubble gum cake batter," Mare-Do-Well proclaimed, "Courtesy of Sweet Shoppe."

While Blackguard was distracted, Mare-Do-Well delivered a hefty kick to the villain's face.

"Arrrr," Superior Octopus groaned, "its simply impossible to find good help these days."

"Prepare for defeat, you tentacled tyrant," Mare-Do-Well declared.

"You poor deluded fool," Superior Octopus smiled, as his mechanical tentacles readied themselves to strike at Mare-Do-Well, "a simpleton like you could never hope to stop a genius like myself."

Without another word, both hero and villain engaged in battle.

Mare-Do-Well dodged around and tried to counter-attack as best she could.

Superior Octopus stabbed at the hero with his tentacles.


Across the street from the jewellery store.

An owner of a convenient store watched as Mare-Do-Well and Superior Octopus fight each other.

He was also in the process of calling the police.


Back at the jewellery store.

As the fight dragged on, Both Mare-Do-Well and Superior Octopus were beginning to get worn down.

"Surrender," Mare-Do-Well cried, as she pulled out another wad of the bubble gum cake batter, "your henchmen are beaten and you can't keep up with me."

"Never," Superior Octopus replied, defiantly, "I will not allow a great genius like myself to be defeated by rank amateur like you!"

Before Mare-Do-Well could react, Superior Octopus fired a blast from ink shooters which hit her in the face.

While Mare-Do-Well was distracted, Superior Octopus prepared to attack with a sonic wave attack from his tentacles.

But as the villain was about to strike, Mare-Do-Well in her haste threw the wad of bubble gum cake batter at Superior Octopus's face.

This caused the villain to stumble back and his tentacles to thrash about.

By now, Mare-Do-Well had managed to clear the ink away from her face but was too late to stop what happened next.

Superior Octopus's tentacle was still charging for a sonic wave attack, but was now thrashing around.

Seconds later, the tentacle shot a powerful sonic wave through the window of the jewellery store and hitting a convenient store across the street.

"Oh, no!" Mare-Do-Well cried, as soon as she saw what had happened.

By now, Superior Octopus had managed to rid himself to the bubble gum cake batter.

"Well," he said, "it seems that as a hero you can do one of two things: you can apprehend me or you can save the innocents caught in the crossfire, but let me escape."

Behind the mask, Trixie was sweating what should she do? Capture the Superior Octopus? Or check the convenient store in case there was anyone inside?

"It's your choice, hero," Superior Octopus declared.