• Published 26th Jul 2020
  • 410 Views, 38 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Mare-Do-Well Returns - Time Agent pony



Trixie is chosen by Twilight and Sunset to be the new Mare-Do-Well and must learn all the responsibilities that come with the life of a hero

  • ...
 38
 410

Chapter 7

The next day.

It was the weekend and, for Trixie, this meant she didn't have to wait until night time to suit up and patrol the streets of Canterlot City.

"Ok," Trixie said, as she put on the mask and looked at the location of the M-tracer she had planted on Superior Octopus, "this time, it's business."


Elsewhere.

Superior Octopus and his team waited and watched.

"Are you sure they're even coming?" Neal Emerson a.k.a. Doctor Polaris asked, "I wouldn't think that they would want to meet somewhere so public."

"Of course they're coming," Superior Octopus replied, "believe me these people will do anything for money."


Somewhere close by.

Trixie was nearing the location that the M-tracer that she had placed on Superior Octopus was transmitting.

"The signal seems to be coming from that old building," Trixie said.

"There are six heat signatures inside," Sunburst replied, "I suggest calling in backup before proceeding."

"Never!" Trixie proclaimed, "this is my chance to prove to Twilight, Sunset and everyone that Mare-Do-Well can handle anything, bring in any criminal and be the protector this fair city should have!"

Sunburst tried to argue, but by that time, Trixie was already moving towards the condemned building in front of her.


Meanwhile, inside the building.

After some more time had passed, a group of figures wearing yellow suits and helmets entered the room, they were members of the criminal weapons manufacturing & arms-dealing organisation, A.I.M. (Advanced Ideas Mechanics).

One of them was carrying a laptop, which he set down and activated.

An image of a face appeared on the screen, the face was the head of A.I.M., the ultimate human/machine interface, M.O.D.O.K. (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing).

"Doctor Octavius," M.O.D.O.K. said, his gigantic face filling the computer screen.

"M.O.D.O.K.," Superior Octopus replied, "I trust you have what I want."

"Affirmative," M.O.D.O.K. answered, "As long you provide what we requested."

"Indeed," Superior Octopus acknowledged, pointing to where all the stolen loot he had acquired was, "the exact amount that was specified."

M.O.D.O.K. ordered one of the A.I.M. agents to check that Superior Octopus wasn't lying or trying to trick them.

"The amount is acceptable," he stated.

"Now," Superior Octopus commented, "since I held up my end of the bargain, it seems only fair you hold up your end."

"Agreed," M.O.D.O.K. said, "this amount will provide funding to our operations."


Nearby.

Mare-Do-Well had entered the building and had been observing the conversation between the villains.

"So Superior Octopus was stealing all the money and jewels in order to give to these A.I.M. guys," Trixie whispered, "but what for?"

"A.I.M. deals in and creates weapons and technology of many kinds," Sunburst explained, "they must have something the Superior Octopus wants."

Mare-Do-Well continued to watch as the transaction carried on.

One of the A.I.M. agents brought forward a container and opened it, inside was a square of metal ore.

"Such beauty," Superior Octopus commented, staring at the metal in awe, "such perfection."

Back with Mare-Do-Well.

"What is that," Trixie asked, "what kind of metal is that?"

"That is Nth metal," Sunburst replied, "a metal commonly associated with Hawkman and Hawkgirl, it has many different properties ranging from: gravity negation, regeneration and..."

"Yes, ok," Trixie interrupted, "Nth metal is bad, but who are the guys with Superior Octopus?"

Sunburst complied, giving Trixie the identities of Superior Octopus's accomplices.

"I really think you should call in some backup," he said, "you not equipped to take on multiple at once, I really think you should..."

"For the last time," Trixie retorted, through gritted teeth, "I am the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE, I don't need any help from any one!"

And before Sunburst could say anything else, Trixie dropped down from where she had been observing the villain's transaction.

"Everybody freeze!" Mare-Do-Well cried, "cooperate or there will be trouble."

Unbeknown to Trixie or anyone else in the building, a small speck followed behind Mare-Do-Well as she landed in the middle of the gathering.

"Curses!" Superior Octopus cried, "no matter where I go, there is always some costumed upstart always getting in my way!"

The A.I.M. agents, seeing their moment, grabbed the bags of loot and hightailed it before they could get caught, leaving Nth metal behind.

"Yeah," Trixie cried, "you'd better run, run from the cold M-shaped fist of justice!"

"No matter," Superior Octopus declared, "I have what I want and you cannot take on six of us at once."

"I can try," Trixie said, assuming a fight stance.

Without another word, the villains and Mare-Do-Well engaged in battle.

Mare-Do-Well dodged around most of the villains attacks like: Superior Octopus's tentacles and Batroc's kicks and dropkicks.

The other villains proved to be more of challenging and their attacks were a lot harder to dodge and counterattack.

Sportsmaster and Tigress attacking at the same time with different weapons, Doctor Polaris's magnetism and Thundra's three foot chain weapon.

"You cannot beat all six of them hand to hand," Sunburst advised, "I'm calling backup right now!"

"No, you're not!" Trixie insisted, stubbornly, "I can do this! I don't need help from nobody!"

"I've got to hand it too you, you have spirit, hero," Thundra said, as she prepared to attack with her chain weapon again.

But, before the villainess could attack, a small blue speck flew by and seemingly managed to punch her out.

Before, any of the five other villains could question or ask what was going on, they too, were taken down.

"What in the world?" Trixie wondered, as she watched the scene unfold before her.

"How many of you costumed trouble-makers do I have to deal with to day?!" Superior Octopus growled.

"You just can't find good help these days," he sighed.

"Regardless," Mare-Do-Well stated, "now its just you and me."

"Don't be so sure," Superior Octopus smirked, pointing at something behind Mare-Do-Well.

Mare-Do-Well looked and before she knew what happen, there was an explosion.

No one had noticed that when Sportsmaster had been knocked out, he had been holding one of his explosive baseballs and had let go of it.

"That was close," Mare-Do-Well breathed, she had only just managed to get out of range of the blast.

No sooner had she said that, the building groaned, the weak supports beginning to strain under the pressure they were under.

"I think that it is time I made my exit," Superior Octopus said, "until next time, my purple-clad nuisance."

Without another word, Superior Octopus grabbed the Nth metal and high tailed it out of the soon-to-be-collapsing building.

"Traitor!" Tigress yelled, as he exited.

Trixie was about to go after the fleeing Superior Octopus, when she realised she was standing in a soon-to-be-collapsing building.

"Not good, not good," she thought, frantically.

"Might I suggest using Instant Taffy Cement," Sunburst chimed in, "It should buy you enough time to get everyone out of the building."

"Alright," Trixie replied, "then do it!"

In an instant, the Instant Taffy Cement icon appeared in Trixie's heads-up display, showing her it was equipped to her wrist launchers, in place of her usual grappling line.

And soon enough, Trixie set to work securing the building supports and getting the five villains out of the building.

"Almost there," Trixie said, as she was working on getting the last villain out of the building.

But, just as she was about to finish what she was doing, the building support beams, having reaching their limit, finally collapsed.

Fortunately, Mare-Do-Well managed to get the last villain clear of the building, before everything came crumbling down.

"Whoa," she remarked, looking at the remains of the building, "that was close."

"Oh, really?" asked a voice, "I'd say you've made a real mess of everything."

Trixie turned towards where the voice had come from and she was suddenly filled with both annoyance and anger.