• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 10,405 Views, 159 Comments

A Tale of a Loving Sister - GoebelTron



During a cold and snowy night, Sunset Shimmer meets a heartbroken 4 year old boy in the alley neighborhood.

  • ...
4
 159
 10,405

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Cadence the Babysitter

It was morning once again. After the warm light of the sun touched Sunset’s face, she woke up and realized she and her friends have to go to school. She went downstairs and made herself a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. Then, she got dressed and wrote Chase a note telling him that someone will come babysit him until she gets back from school.

A few minutes later, she met with her friends and then walked into a big building that they go to. It was no other than Canterlot High. Sunset was still worried about Chase being all alone. “Is something wrong, darling?” Rarity asked. “I’m worried about Chase being all alone,” Sunset said. “I wish I brought him with us, but this is a high school, not a daycare center.” “Don’t worry about it, Sunset,” Applejack said. “I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

“Good morning, girls,” said a voice. They turned around and saw a woman with pearl pinkish white skin, magenta eyes and her hair was light blue, light green, and pink, but in a rainbow. She also wore a golden yellow jacket with a sun symbol pinned on the collar, with a dark magenta and white striped polo, dark magenta khakis, and golden yellow flats. It was their high school principal, Principal Celestia.

Next to her was another, but she had light navy blue skin, teal eyes, and her hair was both light blue and navy blue. She wore a purple short sleeve polo with white collar and sleeve rings, navy blue khakis, and white flats with magenta socks. It was Vice-Principal Luna. “Who were you talking about?” Vice-Principal Luna asked. Sunset sighed and asked if she could talk to them both about it in Principal Celestia’s office, and they nodded.


‘Meanwhile, in the principal’s office...’

“Now, who did you mention this morning when you arrived?” Principal Celestia asked. Sunset sighed and told her about Chase, where she found him, and his past life, including the behavior with his aunt. Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna were shocked about this.

“I’m sorry to hear about this,” Principal Celestia said. “That child wouldn’t have found anyone else who was willing to help him, someone like you, Sunset Shimmer.” “Right now, he’s asleep at my apartment, and I need someone to babysit him until I return from school,” Sunset said. “Hmm, I think I know who,” Twilight said. “I’m sure he won’t be any trouble with HER.” Sunset smiled warmly and Principal Celestia nodded. “How about you bring him here tomorrow? I don’t mind having a 4-year-old child in Canterlot High, plus we would love to meet him.”

“Thank you both. This is really nice of you, but he’s very shy around new people, so you might have to be careful,” Sunset said, as the principal dismissed them to class. “Whoever it is you’re mentioning, Twilight, are you sure she will be happy to help him?” Sunset asked. “Trust me. This girl’s an expert,” Twilight said, then dialed her phone.


Chase was starting to wake up from his bed and then went downstairs. After he arrived in the kitchen, he didn’t see his breakfast on the table, except for a note. He picked it up and read it.

‘Dear Chase,

I’m sorry you’re all alone right now, but I had to go to school today. Someone will come over to babysit you. I left another note about your behavior and what you like to do. There’s also some soup in the pantry. Ask the babysitter to make it for you if you get hungry. I’ll see you later after school.

Love, Sunset.’

After he read the note, he then took his teddy bear and went to the couch to cry because he was all alone.

A car drove over to Sunset’s apartment and then someone walked out of the car and walked to the door. This person was a 26-year-old girl with pink skin, teal eyeshadow, pale lavender eyes, and her hair was a mix of purple, dark pink, and pale gold, with a blue bow on it. Her attire was a dark pink business jacket, a white shirt with both a sky blue horizontal shape in the center and sleeve rings and an image of a teal colored crystal heart with golden lacing on it, navy blue flats with sapphire blue bows, a blue skirt, and black cropped pants. She also had a wedding ring on her finger. It was Twilight’s old babysitter, Cadence.

After she opened the door, she saw Chase crying. “Why are you crying, little one?” she asked. Chase turned around and saw her. She smiled warmly at him and sat down with him, and hugged him. “Did Sunset leave you all alone?” Cadence asked. Chase realized he heard her say Sunset’s name.

“By the way, I’m Cadence. Sunset’s friend, Twilight, asked me if I can come over and babysit you,” she said. “Are you Chase Tucker?” he nodded. “I also brought you some breakfast. I didn’t know if you were hungry or something.” She gave Chase a strawberry frosted donut with rainbow sprinkles, then took Chase upstairs to give him a bath.


Sunset was sitting with her friends in the library. They were talking about who Twilight left Chase with and why Sunset didn’t bring him with her.

“So, let me get this straight,” Applejack said. “Twilight left Chase with her old babysitter, Cadence, the sweet-hearted gal who’s dating her brother?” “My, that’s an adorable idea, darling!” Rarity said. “I’m sure she’ll be fine,” Twilight said. “You got that right,” Rainbow Dash said. “Besides, Chase can handle anyone like her. Cadence is almost as kind as Fluttershy. No offense.” Fluttershy blushed and nodded, until the bell rang. “Alright, let’s go to class,” Sunset said.


Cadence was playing hide and seek with Chase. “Where’s Chase? Where did he go?” she asked playfully. “*gasp* Did he disappear? Maybe he could’ve turned invisible? I just don’t know. Guess I’ll just keep looking.” Chase giggled. Cadence then looked down and saw his hand reaching for her foot. She giggled and then found Chase and made a silly “roar” at him, causing him to run for another hiding place.

Chase went to hide but he got scared of the dark, and his heart started to pound. Cadence crept up to him and gently poked his shoulder, then he screamed and ran from the dark room, until Cadence caught him in her arms. Chase started crying. “Hey, what’s the matter?” Cadence asked. “Aww, were you scared of the dark? Aww, poor baby.” Cadence lifted him up and took him to the couch. She then sat down and put Chase on her lap. Then, she wrapped her arms around him for a warm hug, and stroked his hair with her glossy fingernails and rubbed his back with her other hand. “Shhhhhh shhhhhh shhhhhh.... It’s okay, sweetheart. It’s okay.“


After Chase and Cadence had lunch, they did some fun activities before Sunset and her friends were done with school. Cadence saw Chase play with his toys, draw some pictures, and building with LEGOS.

After they did all of that, they did some learning by coloring some colorable worksheets, did some writing, spelling, and reading, counted some numbers, and learned the alphabet.

Finally, they took a nap together, but Cadence was on one side of the couch and she laid her bare legs and feet on the couch. Chase was laying on her lap, but his head was resting on her belly. Cadence had one arm around his head and her other hand stroking his back and rubbing his shoulder.

Few moments later, Sunset walked over to her apartment. When she entered, she saw Chase napping with Cadence. She made a “d’awww” reaction. Chase woke up and hugged Sunset, who walked over to him on Cadence’s lap. “How was he today?” Sunset asked. “He was very sweet today,” Cadence said, then she told Sunset that she helped him with the learning, how she calmed him down after going to the dark room while playing hide and seek, and then she explained that he was very kind to her.

Sunset was pleased. “Thank you, Cadence,” Sunset said. “Can I your number before you go?” Cadence nodded and gave Sunset her phone number, then she gave Chase a hug goodbye, and went home.

“Did you like Cadence, Chase?” Sunset asked. Chase nodded. “Was she pretty?” Chase nodded again, but blushed softly this time. Sunset then went to the kitchen to do her homework. Chase went to the living room to play with his toys.

Author's Note:

I have to say this, but Cadence is the best babysitter ever!

Find out what happens next! Stay tuned!

PreviousChapters Next