• Published 16th Jun 2020
  • 10,406 Views, 159 Comments

A Tale of a Loving Sister - GoebelTron



During a cold and snowy night, Sunset Shimmer meets a heartbroken 4 year old boy in the alley neighborhood.

  • ...
4
 159
 10,406

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: The Shadowbolts at Canterlot High

When Chase and Sunset walked over to school, they found their friends at the front entrance and then they went inside the building to head over to class, but Miss Blue Belle walked over to Sunset with Chase, “Sunset? I had something to tell you. We have early dismissal today, so you’re gonna have to come pick him up around 11:55.” Sunset nodded and then gave Chase his lunchbox and backpack, then she gave him a hug and walked over to class. Miss Blue Belle then walked with Chase and took him to the classroom. After he got inside, Chase went to Melody, and he saw her playing with another little boy who was a little bit like Chase, but he had blonde hair, brown eyes, skin colored as the sand, and he wore a light blue shirt and sandy white khakis, and green Damager Spaceship Skechers sneakers. “Chase! This is Sam Sam! He’s new here, too!” Melody said. Chase and Sam Sam shook hands, “Wanna be friends with me and Melody?” “Yes. I do. Let’s build blocks.” Sam Sam said, and then the three friends played and built blocks with Melody.


While the classes were now in session, the bus to Crystal Prep Academy finally arrived. “Attention all students and staff, please report to the gym at once for a welcoming ceremonial assembly for the Crystal Prep Academy Shadowbolts, Dean Cadence, and their new principal!” Principal Celestia said. “A new principal?!” the girls exclaimed.

Once all the students and staff arrived at the gym and took their seats, they got situated as both Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna stepped on the stage and Principal Celestia grabbed the microphone. “Good morning, students,” Principal Celestia said. “Today is going to be a fun day, because right now, a bus from Crystal Prep is on its way here to Canterlot High and the students and their principal and dean are on their way here. The principal will be our guest speaker and she will make a speech about her first year working at the Academy. Now, as a reward, all classes for today have been postponed!”

The students cheered and then were silenced until they heard the bus arrive. After the doors opened, the students from Crystal Prep appeared and they took their seats on empty benches on the stalls. They wore maroon blazers, but the boys wore sweaters and dress pants, and the girls wore blazers, plaid skirts, tube socks and dress shoes. Then, their principal appeared, who was a middle aged woman but almost like Principal Celestia, but with pale teal skin, amber eyes, her hair was a gradient mixture of raspberry and cobalt blue, and had blood red lips. She wore a navy blue vest and jacket, and black khaki pants, purple socks and navy blue flats. She was the principal, Principal Amore. She stepped on the stage and began her speech.

“Thank you, Principal Celestia, for those kind words of welcome,” Principal Amore said. “And I’m sure you’re all wondering why we have come all the way from Crystal Prep Academy for unknown reasons. You see, we’re here because we’ve been invited to your Spring Formal this year. The students at Crystal Prep, Dean Cadence and myself are attending and I’m sure we can all get along very well. Now, let us hear a few words from our beloved staff member, Dean Cadence.” The students applauded after they saw Cadence walk up the stage, but she was wearing a blue shirt, a darker blue jacket, a gold necklace around her neck, a cyan skirt, gold high-heeled shoes, and a pin of her favorite crystallized heart symbol. Sunset and the girls cheered excitedly as they saw her walk on stage. Even Chase was happy, “Miss Blue Belle, that’s my babysitter.” Miss Blue Belle was amazed, “Oh, that’s wonderful.”

Then, Dean Cadence began her speech, but waved at Chase first, “Hello, everyone. It’s great to be here at Canterlot High again. I also like to thank Principal Amore for her thoughtfulness and kindness of welcoming herself to our school, since Principal Cinch retired after the Friendship Games. It’s an honor to work by your side, Principal Amore. So, the Spring Formal will be held next Friday, so next week, the students at Crystal Prep will come over to Canterlot High every day starting Monday. I’m wishful that we can all get together and work this all out. Because the Spring Formal is a special night for both Crystal Prep and Canterlot High to come together, especially the Friendship Games. And as an extra treat, the children from our daycare rooms at Crystal Prep and here at Canterlot High are welcome to join as well. Be sure to dress as formal as you want because we all want you to look at your best. Thank you for your cooperation and let’s enjoy our time together. Thank you.”

After Dean Cadence was done, the students from both schools applauded and then the lights brightened a little revealing a welcome party for both the students of Crystal Prep Academy and Canterlot High, and Principal Celestia and Principal Amore allowed them to enjoy the party. Then, the students from both schools stood up and walked over to themselves and greeted themselves.

5 girls from Crystal Prep came over to greet Sunset and her friends, but they wore the same Crystal Prep Academy uniforms. The first one had moderate cerise eyes, purple eyeshadow, and her hair was cut short, colored grayish mulberry with light raspberry streaks and a flaring yellow sun barrette pin clipped on one side of her hair.

The second girl had yellow skin, moderate indigo eyes, freckles on her face, and long hair that was colored moderate rose and had two streaks of lighter moderate rose and grayish aquamarine and tied up in a ponytail with a hairband styled with two cherries.

The third girl had amber colored eyes, a few golden ear piercings shaped like lightning bolts, goggles on her head, and her hair was spikey and straightened with hair gel, and colored indigo and had streaks of different shades of blue.

The fourth girl had pale grayish purple skin, grayish orchid colored eyes covered by red glasses, and her hair was light opalish gray with light arctic blush gray streaks styled and tied into two long ponytails on the two back sides of her head with a bun tracing on the back of her head.

The fifth girl had light grayish reddish brown skin, light brilliant amber colored eyes, long messy hair with a mix of different shades of green, and blue eyeshadow. She also had a pair of headphones.

“Sunny Flare! Sour Sweet! Indigo Zap! Sugarcoat! Lemon Zest! How good it is to see you, darlings!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Well, if it isn’t Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms,” Indigo Zap replied. “Pretty good to see you guys, too.” She and Rainbow Dash made a fist pound. Fluttershy felt nervous, but Sunny Flare comforted her, “Don’t worry, dearie. We’re still cool, as long as we have some time to visit. We’re starting to like Principal Amore in Crystal Prep.”

“I know,” Fluttershy replied. “I just didn’t know she applied for Principal at the school.”

“Well, we would’ve come all this way just to say hello if only there wasn’t so much traffic going on,” Sugarcoat said in a blunt tone. “But on the bright side, we got here just in time for the ceremony.”

“Yeah, the traffic was pretty boring,” Sour Sweet said in a sweet voice, before replying in a sour tone, “But it usually gets really annoying.”

“Come on, y’all. Let’s go get some drinks and chat at a table,” Applejack said. They all nodded in agreement and went to a table with some punch and snacks.

“So, how is everything going at Crystal Prep so far?” Rarity asked. “Oh it’s going really good,” Sour Sweet replied. “Thanks to Dean Cadence’s speech for Principal Amore, things at our school have been turned from sour into beautifully attractive for all of us. Principal Amore was really looking forward to it.”

“Well, I’m glad,” Twilight replied. “Otherwise, we would’ve kept in that silly rivalry nonsense.”

“I know,” Sunny Flare said. “It’s a good thing we started to get along.” They all nodded in agreement.


Meanwhile, Chase was looking for Dean Cadence, so he wandered around the party looking for her, until he found her getting some punch. “Cady!” Chase exclaimed, then giggled happily. Dean Cadence turned around and saw him running to her, then gasped happily, “Chase!” Chase ran up to Dean Cadence and hugged her, “Oh, my little munchkin.” She held him in her arms and rubbed his back while Chase hugged her neck gently. “Hi, sweetpea.” she said softly, then Chase stared at her clothes. “Do you like my attire?” she asked, until Chase nodded. “It’s very pretty,” Chase said, until Dean Cadence blushed and giggled, “Thank you, Chase. That’s very kind of you.” She kissed his nose, and then put him down. “Can I show you my class?” Chase asked. “Of course, sweetheart. Lead the way,” Dean Cadence said, as he took her hand and lead her to his classmates.

When he got there, Miss Blue Belle and his friends were enjoying the party. “Miss Blue Belle! This is Cady! She’s my babysitter!”

“Oh, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Dean Cadence. I’m Miss Blue Belle, the teaching assistant for this class. And this is my daughter, Melody Blossom, and Chase’s little friend.”

“Aww, you made a friend?” Dean Cadence asked, and Chase nodded, but Miss Blue Belle replied, “Actually, he made two. Melody was his first yesterday, but today they made another friend, who was another one of our students named Sam Sam.” Dean Cadence was surprised, until she saw Chase playing with his friends, but they ran off and being careful not to run into anyone.


While the girls were at their table talking to each other, Sunset saw Chase, Melody and Sam Sam playing. “Chase, what are you and you’re friends doing?” Sunset asked. “We’re adventurers and we’re looking for this!” He showed Sunset a picture of a golden idol, then hid behind his sister’s leg when he saw the Shadowbolts at their table, but Sunset patted his head for comfort. Suddenly, Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, and Lemon Zest saw how adorable Chase looked. “Aww, and who is this little guy? He’s so cute!” Sunny Flare asked sweetly. “Melody, maybe we should go,” Sam Sam said. “Yep. We’ll see you later, Chase,” Melody said, then she and Sam Sam left after Chase nodded. “Oh, girls, I want you to meet my little brother, Chase. Well, my adoptive brother,” Sunset said. “Chase, this is Sunny Flare, Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, and Lemon Zest. They’re students from Crystal Prep.” Chase waved his hand, “Hi.” The Shadowbolts made a “d’awwww” reaction.

“Bonjour, mon ami,” Fleur said as she walked over and sat down with them. “Fleur, darling!” Rarity said. “So glad you could join us.” “Thank you, darling,” Fleur replied, and she was wearing a Crystal Prep uniform, but she wore her casual shoes. “Fleur!” Chase exclaimed as he hugged her. “Hello, Chase,” Fleur replied as she softly stroked his head. “Chase, there you are,” Miss Blue Belle said. “We heard you met some of the students from Crystal Prep?” Chase nodded, then she realized that Sunset was with them and her friends as well. “Miss Blue Belle?” Sunset asked. “Yes, dear?” she replied. “I need to tell you all something. It’s about Chase,” Sunset said. Miss Blue Belle sat down and placed her daughter on her lap, while Sam Sam stood by her leg and embraced it and laid his head on her knee. Rarity took Chase and placed him on her lap.

“Okay, this is how his story began,” Sunset said, then she began. “This is probably how he told me and how I found out. After he was born, he lived with his parents in a nice neighborhood and they loved him so much. They were so kind to him. They gave him love, empathy, and kindness towards him, but one of his family grew jealous of him. It was no other than his grumpy aunt, Estella Tucker, who was also his mother’s sister. She thought her sister was replacing her with her son by loving him, so one night when he was 3, his parents were killed in a car crash. When I looked through his memories magically, Estella was the one who killed them, but she was trying to kill her nephew. After the funeral of his parents, Chase was blamed for their death by his aunt and was forced to do work instead of play like normal kids do. She never gave him the love like his parents did, but treated him unfairly. She abused him with yelling, bullying, insults, violence towards him, and less food and sleep. But then one night, Chase ran away and never wanted to return. And one night on my home during the last week of February, I heard him crying in an alley nearby, and I couldn’t leave him alone, so I decided to take him home with me and then had no choice but to raise him as a brother, only if he’ll have me.” Chase then had tears in his eyes and then hugged Sunset. Sunset hugged him back and then the others had a tearfully heartfelt reaction.

“I kinda feel sorry for you, Chase,” Sour Sweet said sweetly, but replied sourly. “But it’s your aunt who should be, because it’s totally her fault.”

Sunny Flare went over to Chase and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, “I feel your pain, sweetie. But you have your sister who’s willing to take care of you and look after you.” “I guess I do,” Chase replied as he hugged Sunny Flare.

“You know, it really isn’t your fault your parents are dead. They’re still with you in your heart,” Sugarcoat said. “Just to let you know.” She smirked kindly at him then Chase gave her a hug. “Guess I’ll let it slide. Feels kinda... nice anyway,” she said. Indigo Zap softly ruffled his hair, “You’ve also got us to protect you. Don’t ever forget that or feel let down even if you feel scared or something else that goes with the term “hurt.” You understand?” Chase nodded, then hugged her before receiving a fist pound. Lemon Zest kneeled down and hugged him softly, then Sour Sweet hugged him back.

Principal Amore came over and saw Chase with tears in his eyes and hugging some of her students, “Young man, I heard about your story from your... “sister.” I’m terribly sorry for the loss of your parents and that rude behavior from your aunt. Your father and mother wanted me to give you this box before they died.” She gave Chase his parent’s trophies from Crystal Prep events and sports games. “Before you existed and when they got married, they went to Crystal Prep. That’s where they first met and fell in love.” Chase gasped softly. “That makes you a friend of Crystal Prep and Canterlot High.” Chase smiled softly and hugged Principal Amore, who smiled warmly and hugged him back. “I understand that you miss them so much, but Sugarcoat is right. They’re always with you in your heart forever.” Chase nodded and then Sunset held him. “Thank you, Principal Amore. That was very kind of you,” Sunset said as she rubbed Chase’s back. Principal Amore nodded and then kindly walked away with many good blessings for the boy.


After Sunset and Chase made it back from school to their apartment, Sunset carried his parent’s trophies to his bedroom and placed the box near his closet. After she was done, she went over to Chase and sat down with him on the couch. “Chase, it’s okay,” Sunset said. “Principal Amore was kind enough to give you something that will help you remember your parents more, which is their trophies from events that they entered and wanted to win, even if it doesn’t matter that their legacy lives on.”

Chase nodded and then Sunset went to the kitchen and took her cellphone, “How about if we order pizza?” Chase nodded warmly and then Sunset called for a delivery of one plain cheese pizza for themselves. After it arrived a few minutes later, Sunset and Chase ate their slices, and then sat down and watched a movie before bed. “Did you like the Crystal Prep girls, Chase?” Sunset asked as she rubbed his shoulder. “Yeah, they were really nice to me,” Chase replied as he laid on her side. “Did you like Dean Cadence working there?” Sunset asked again. “Yeah. I miss her,” Chase said. “I know, buddy. I’m sure she misses you too,” Sunset said. “Plus, you’ll see her all week next week.” Chase nodded, and then continued to watch the movie with his sister.

Author's Note:

I can’t believe the Shadowbolts were so kind to Chase, and that Dean Cadence called him “her little munchkin”! :heart: By the way, I took out Cinch because she may not like Chase. I made Principal Amore her sister and a kind hearted woman.

PreviousChapters Next