• Published 29th Jun 2020
  • 536 Views, 8 Comments

Switching places; Chaos and crazy - Brony1337



After another failed attemp to get their Cutie Marks, the CMC find themselves in new bodies and far away from home. Observe how they handle their new bodies and situations and meet new and old friends and foes alike on their journey back to Ponyville

  • ...
 8
 536

Prologue: Our story begins.

Our Story begins inmid the beautiful scenery of the grasslands north of the Everfree.

A small cozy cottage stood there with all kinds of animals flying, running and crawling around it. The birds sang, the beetles buzzed and a ferret family and a timid yellow pegasus played hide and seek. Right behind that cottage was a small town; Ponyville.

It was a lovely day in Ponyville; it just rained so the air was clean, and if you looked carefully, you could see a faint rainbow just under the sun.
Responsible for that was the rainbow-maned pegasus speeding through town and playing pranks on everypony she could find. In the local boutique, a white unicorn mare worked on an ordered dress for some noble ball, and in the basement of the golden oak library, a scholar and her dragon assistant took cover under the nearest table. On the marketplace was quite a bit of activity as well: an orange farmpony sold apples while a stallion next to her sold simple hoofcrafted glass figurines. On the other side of the place was a grey pegasus mare happily chatting with her friends.

While some of those situations may sound interesting, none of them are a part of this story. Nor is the fact that Ponyvilles’ pink party planner pony was baking a cake, playing with the twins and tinkering at some sort of machine at the same time.

No, our story starts boring.

It was a Friday afternoon and Scootaloo was annoyed.

She and her friends were leaving the schoolgrounds when she spoke up, “Ugh. Did she had to give us homework for the weekend? We have a life outside of school, you know?”

“Well,” came the answer from Sweetie Belle, “you could have done your homework in the free hour we got instead of drawing.”

“Hey, I’ve been preparing for our crusade today! Also, school is boring!”

“Yeah, just like you!” came a voice from behind them. As they turned around, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon came into view. Diamond continued, “I mean, drawing for a cutie mark? That is the last thing I would expect from you, you must be totally out of ideas.”

“Drawin' ain't a bad thing, it’s literally art. Thought you’d know that, or is that too complicated to understand for ya, princessy?” Apple Bloom chimed in.

“Yeah, besides,” Scootaloo grinned. “It’s not drawing. I’ve planed something way cooler than that. And I’m not gonna tell you, you’ll just have to wait till Monday.”

“As if. The only thing you three are good at is being bad at everything. Maybe you already have your cutie marks for that.”

“Yup,” Silver Spoon added, “that’s it. You really are–”
And with that, they turned to leave, both shouting “Blank flanks forever!”

The cutie mark crusaders stared holes into the heads of the two bullies until they were out of sight.

After that was done, they continued their trotting in silence.

After a while, Sweetie spoke up, “Is that even possible?”

“What?” came the surprised answer from the other two crusaders.

“Cutie marks that don’t show anything. Is that possible? Not just for us, but maybe for skills like being really sneaky?”

After another short silence, Apple Bloom answered, “Ah reckon not. Ah mean, a cutie mark shows what you’re good at. Somethin’ that shows somethin’ needs to be visible right?”

“Whatever!” Scootaloo sad, “Let’s just go. Hey AB, race ya to the clubhouse?”

“Yer on!”

“Hey! Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, wait for me!”

And with that the three fillies were on their way to Sweet Apple Acres.