• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 230 Views, 1 Comments

Aye-Aye's Bizarre Adventure: Part 3: Summer Boogaloo - zackepic22

  • ...
 1
 230

Tumultuous Training

"Okay, Spike, come on!", The blue pegasus grumbled, as she stood infront of the river near Spike. "I know my own Hamon training is kind of rusty, but-"

"'But' nothing, Rainbow Dash," Spike growled. "Twilight was injured, and, if you could summon a version of your stand other than 'Surprise'-"

"I KEEP TELLING YOU, 'Never Gonna Give You Up' is broken!"

"...The stand, or the pony?"

Rainbow blinked. "I-I don't-"

"Yeah, I bet you don't." He sighed. "Look, we're lucky she hasn't started up 'Project Eternal Night' yet, but, thats only because she still fears Pinkie Pie...And, with 'Party World', or whatever its called, she's likely not going to make a direct move anytime soon...Thankfully, that gives us time. You know, people have told me 'Oh, Spike, Hamon isn't connected to stands! You must be confused~' Yeah? Well, then someone explain Reading Rainbow."

"...I-I mean, its a pretty powerful stand-"

"Not what I'm talking about...She increased its normal maximum output, by at least three degrees, if not more."

"But, we haven't even seen Reading Rainbow befo-!"

"Haven't we? ...Rarity admitted to me earlier, that she somehow knew the stand's name, but, couldn't remember its form. Not sure I completely buy it...But, I'm not going to needle her about it too much yet. Either way, I don't know if Reading Rainbow is that powerful, without the Hamon imbuement."

"...It was kinda cool, how it just- ...Turned Cadence into a book, then ejected out Nightmare and Chrysalis."

"Right...But, Twilight's currently at novice level. She somehow knew to eject two different foreign entities-was probably obvious to her, should have been obvious to us-but...She didn't think to refill them. I have a bad feeling its only a matter of time until Cadence turns on us."

"...W-wait, you're saying-"

"She may gotten out the main parts of the entities...But, it can't be guaranteed that Cadence won't still turn. Twilight might have just halted the transformation at best. ...But, I can only imagine what'll happen, with parts of both still in her. They may not even realize she's still vulnerable."

"...Good." She sighed. "Alright, fine, I'll get to training my Hamon."

"Glad to hear it~ ...But, we're gonna be doing something a bit different with yours'."

"..." She blinked a bit. "W-what do you mean?"

"Rainbow, you may have fooled everyone into thinking you can only summon pegasi ancestors- ...But, I know better now. I remember better now. You've only been using Surprise...Because, you think she's the only one who can alter fate."

"T-THAT'S-! ...Look, I may have a subconscious thing with Twilight going on, but-"

"But nothing. Rainbow...Levitate the water."

"...H-heh, you're not serious, right?"

Spike's eyes were just kind of unimpressed looking. "Rainbow, what's weather?"

"! ...I-I mean, clouds, sun, lightni-"

"No, thats what a meteorologist defines as weather. Keep in mind, though, they also have to keep track of things like pollen counts."

"...Why *do* they call it meteorology? Shouldn't they call i-?"

"Focus, Rainbow. Now...Levitate the water. It can be however you want...As long as it involves your wings, and Hamon."

"...Heh. Alright, then, Spike-" She grinned at this, her wings flaring up with the odd energy, as she looked at the river. "PREPARE TO EAT RAIN!" Jumping up, she glided straight over the river, dipping her wings into the river at times, before landing on the other bank, turning around and grinning. "HA! You all wet under the ears, Spi-~? ...Woah." The parts of the river she had touched, had risen into one foot tall walls of water...And, were kind of mostly staying in position, with the parts above slowly starting to trickle back down into drops. "How di-?"

"Heh, cool, right~? Honestly, not surprised this is the first form it took...I mean...Pegasus magic does seem to include stabilizing weather elements, sooo...Yeah. This is actually a pretty good start~ Now...You just need to put your hooves on water, and-"

"Nuh uh, that is a air only trick, and you know it, Spike...Earth Ponies, and Unicorns, would not be happy if they sa-"

"Stop paying attention to the neighsayers, Rainbow. Unicorns would probably just turn it into a case study-...with potentially disastrous results, unless kept in check-and, Earth Ponies? ...Ehhhhh."

"'Ehhhhh'? What do you mean, 'Ehhhhh''? Spike-!"

"Rainbow...Earth Pony magic is based around nature. If any one of them were as brave and smart as you, they would have figured out this connection by now."

"...I-I mean, that's mostly plant-based."

"Yes, and, current pony society, is mostly a triarchal species..."

"...I think I get it, but, I'm not sure I follo-"

"Rrrrgghhhhh...Okay, Pegasi control the weather, Earth Ponies control nature, and, Unicorns-for the most part-control 'direct' magic. They keep each other in check, as do Celestia and Luna each other, with the Sun and Moon. ...Sometimes. Anyways, think about-"

"What's Dragon Magic like?"

"..." He just grumbled at that. "Its complicated sometimes...Not sure I want to remind you about it too much."

"...And, hierarch-?"

"...Dragon Lord. Torch. That's his name, Torch."

"Pfft- ..."

"You thought better about-"

"I don't know, Spike...Do Rainbows Da-?"

"YOU'RE RIGHT, ENOUGH TALKING ABOUT NAMES AND MAGIC, LETS GET TA TRAINING!"

----------

"Remember, be calm, Applejack. Fluttershy and I are both here for you."

Applejack rolled her eyes. "Ya'll know Ah'm probably one o' tha most talented hamon users in Equestria, right?"

"...Yes?" Rarity's momentary look of uncertainty, actually seemed to imply that she didn't know exactly how skilled AJ was at the moment.

"Ah mean, Ah used ta be considered tha strongest damn pony in all o' Equestria, by those who really knew me~"

"...Yeeeesssss, Applejack, but, Pinkie seemed to think her sister Maud was stronger than you."

"...Ah'll admit," AJ grumbled, "Maud's strange approach to hamon gathering, does seem...kinda effective at times."

Rarity snorted incredulously. "Only 'kinda', huh?"

"Well...Thing is, doesn't seem like she has a whole lot of reason to use it most o' the time."

"Well, Applejack, Maud's different like that...She takes her time, forming her own thoughts, rarely letting reality effect her much-"

"If Maud was there, we wouldn't even be having this problem...", Fluttershy spoke up, looking concerned for Twilight's well being.

"Yeah...Ah know, Twilight's kinda messed up, we really need ta-"

"Applejack," Rarity spoke up, "You shouldn't-"

"Don' tell me what ta do, Rarity..."

"...Oh. I see how it is." The unicorn had a genuinely hurt look on her face...which was slowly being replaced by a silent anger and disappointment. "Very well, I'll leave your Hamon training to Fluttershy."

"! ...N-now, see here, Rarity, A-ah wasn't that mad, ya'll kin-"

"No, Applejack, its fine, Fluttershy's one of the best."

"A-ah know that! ..." The Earth pony looked a bit distressed, as cream-colored spots started appearing on her again. "A-ah'm just sayin', h-her trainin' style ain't realleh my thi-"

"Do you have something you wish to say to me, Applejack?", Rarity asked, a silent venomous, yet warning tone to her voice. Clearly, the unicorn was angry about something more than what had just happened.

"...M-maybe." Applejack calmly looked in the direction of the barn...Her barn. The Apple Family barn. So many secrets that had happened inside this barn in particular. "C-can ya'll at least-?'

"Another time..." Rarity started trotting away, head held high. It was almost as if she was daring Applejack to judge her a certain way.

"...Fine," Applejack grumbled, sighing heavily. "Fluttershy, lets get this trainin' goi- ...Are ya'll tryin' ta emotion jam me already?"

"N-noooo...?", Fluttershy told her, in an unconvincing manner, sweating somewhat...Buttttt, that was indeed TGR out at the moment.

"Fluttershy, seriously? ..." She sighed, her cream spots starting to disappear again. "Fine, lets git this goin'..."

The yellow pegasus nodded. "Alright, first, summon out 'Golden Delicious Friday'."

"...R-really? That one? Ah thought-"

"I mean...Its one of your more unorthodox ones, but-"

"..." She sighed. "Right...If I can get her under control, what can't Ah do? Alright, then..." She concentrated the hamon energy in her hooves, before suddenly a Golden colored earth mare shot out of her body, levitating. Said Earth Mare stand, was slightly chubby looking, but also had rings around her body, like she was part carrot. Also, she had odd roundish, hair...that was also golden. Her eyes, though, were a bright orange...Although, there were also these odd markings on her, that looked kind of brownish, but, with cinnamon swirls. "GDR, how ya feel-?"

"I'M GREAT! DOING GREAT, REAL GREAT! INFACT, I'M SOOOOOOOO GREAT, THAT I DON'T WANT TO MURDER YOUR SISTER FOR CONSTANTLY CHANGING OUR RECIPES!" ...Something was off. Her tone suggested she was furious, but, it was also hard to tell if she was being completely serious, or facetious.

"...Riiiiigghhhhtttt. Listen, Ah jus' need ya'll to-"

"WHAT FOR?! EVERYONE LOOOOOVEEESSS PINKIE'S 'RASHOMON ROSHOMON'!"

"...Okay, ya'll calm down, jus- ...Fluttershy, what exactly do ya'll-?"

"Use your combined spirit to start healing each other," Fluttershy told her.

"...Why?"

"Applejack...She's part of your will. You can't just keep neglecting her like this."

"...Then, explain why ya'll don't just-"

"That's my problem, Applejack...Not yours'."

The Earth Mare just sighed again, for the umpteenth time. "Fine...Alright, GDF, lets get to wor-"

"Not just yet." Fluttershy giggled. "Your brother and I will be setting up the obstacle course first~" The pegasus adorably trotted off to go find a certain, big, red strong stallion.

"...Well, this can only end well," AJ murmured.

------------------

As Rarity walked along the road through Ponyville, she couldn't help but sigh. "...Maybe I shouldn't have been so rough on her. I can only imagine the tough time she's having of it right now." She chuckled slightly. "Then again, with the type of training Fluttershy and Big Mac likely have in store for her, maybe it 'll be good for her...As long as they take it easy. If it were me, I likely would have made her face all her problems then and there..."

"I'm sure you would have, Rarity...", a somewhat snobbish male voice from nearby said.

"?! WHOSE THERE?! I'm not afraid to-! ...Oh. Its just you, Hoity."

The fancy gray unicon stallion merely lowered his purple-lensed, gold-rimmed glasses with his hoof, somehow ever so gently, and glared at her. "Now, is that any sort of respect you're showing for a former teacher...?"

"HA! I would hardly call you a teacher! Listen, Hoity, you may be a good judge of clothing, but-"

"I'm a terrible stand user...Is that what really you want to say to m-?"

"...You're a terrible person. Your stand is...Complex."

"And, yet, my mastery of the ability makes things so much more simple...You, on the other hand, are not an officially trained psychologist, as far as I am aware."

"Well, you're not a physics teacher either!"

He merely smirked. "Aren't I~? Listen, Rarity, you and your friends wanted to put Ponyville on the map, right...? So, you should be grateful, because I put it on the map~"

"WE WERE ALREADY ON THE MAP!"

"Yes...And, how often are smaller towns forgotten by time, Rarity...?"

"! ...I-I don't know what you mean..."

"Your defeat of Nightmare Moon was one thing...And, an impressive accomplishment, to be sure. But...She was likely only meant to be a harbinger, whatever did originally happen."

"A MERE HARBINGER?! YOU ARE-"

"Yes, go on, say it..."

"...You're not the devil, but, neither is she."

"Exactly. And, now, Luna won't have to worry about being stuck in the moon for a thousand years more~"

"...And, how is Manehatten doing?"

"You need not concern yourself with that for the moment...But-" He turned around, and flashed her a Dio-esque glare, mouth shut. "If you ever do find the mysterious 'equestrian' known as 'Time Turner'...Well, I would pay you handsomely~"

"I...I do not know his current whereabouts. His stand-"

"Right...Blue Chameleon...Still, I have this odd feeling even if you did know, you wouldn't tell me. Ah, well, I'll find him one day~"

"You can't keep blaming him for that! Your little manuever in Manehatten attracted creatures even I could barely comprehend!"

"The Daleks? Merely tin pot tyrants, literally~ All I would have had to do, would be make them see into the abyss...But, noooooooo." He snarled. "That blasted tourist had to destroy them himself, and take all their parts with him! ...Not that I care all that much~ Either way...You and your friends are training, aren't you?"

"H-how did you-?"

"I have my methods...Perhaps you would enjoy some training against 'Putting on the Ritz'~?"

"No thank you...You're a real beast when it comes to stand combat, and, I couldn't put Truly through that sort of thing again."

"Well-" He shrugged. "I tried...Don't come to Manehattan, Rarity. You're unwanted by the local fashion community..." He started to walk away.

"...And, you've let your stand's powers corrupt you," She murmured in response, with his back turned. "Unwanted by the fashion community indeed...You've changed, Hoity," she said, a sadness creeping into her voice. "You used to be so optimistic for the future."

The other stopped. "...Necessity is the mother of invention, Rarity. You should know this better than anyone, Rarity..." He continued on.

"...You know, I wouldn't mind some Hamon refreshers myself. Its odd that you yourself seem to know the techniques, but...I may need what you know." She could barely believe what she was saying. Her, saying this to Hoity Toity of all ponies...What was even happening? Was Surprise out again, or-?

"...Well, I think we could both use certain refreshers," he told her, before turning around, walking up to her, standing on both back legs- ...And leaving his midsection open. "Go for it, Rarity. ...Just keep in mind-" There was a dangerous glint in his eyes. "I have friends in this town..."