• Published 31st May 2020
  • 2,156 Views, 67 Comments

Male Seahorses have the Baby!? - Homeshine



Shining Armor is pregnant after a trip to Seaquestria. (Featured!? Thank you!)

  • ...
6
 67
 2,156

6:What is love?

"Is this Shining or Cadence?" Sunburst's giant head peered confusingly into the room. "Either this spell is progressing faster than expected, or there's something wrong with this communication crystal. Or -- oh! It's both of you. So the spell hit so quickly, Shining? You already sound like a girl."

"Well, I kinda ... am?" Shining armor nervously rubbed the back of his (her?) neck with one hoof, while Celestia tittered in the background. "That's part of what we want to talk to you about."

Sunburst grinned, "So I guess you're not poorly qualified changelings?"

Cadence smiled, "I don't think changelings this naive would be able to make their way into Auntie's crystal communication room. How is Flurry Heart doing?"

"She's fine, if I can get her to stop trying to eat the communication crystal. Look, see? It's Mommy and Daddy. Or Daddy and Mommy. You won't be able to see them if you won't let go of the ..." Sunburst's giant head was now upside down and shaking side to side. "Give me back ... wait ... there. She's a hoof-full sometimes."

Cadence grinned through he commotion on-screen, "We'll try to make it as short as possible, Sunburst."

Celestia said quietly to Shining Armor in the background, "I do like his name. Sunburst."

Flurry Heart got a turn being the giant head in the room, "Ma Da fun!"

Shining, who was used to barking orders under less-than-ideal circumstances, took command, saying in a rush, "We're sending a statement, so the Crystal Empire knows what to expect. If there's any problems, you can send a message to Twilight, and have her send a report directly to us. Speaking of ... are you okay there?" Shining's voice at the end regained her feminine lilt.

Sunburst's crystal-projected head regained normality, "No, it's okay. This is a normal day around here, as you know. Don't hurry on my account; doing fine. I'll look forward to seeing everything! Take care and -" The image ended prematurely, leaving them all in an unexpected silence.

"Should we call him back?" Celestia asked.

Shining answered, "No, as Sunburst said, that's .. pretty normal around Flurry. He can handle it. Let's eat."

* * *

"I've heard of eating for two... now that I think of it, are you sure you're not eating for more?" Cadence asked Shining, who was on his fifth pickle-burger. Now sixth.

"You saw the scans yourself. I guess pickles aren't very calorific? I dunno. Maybe it has to do with me turning into a girl?" he stopped for a second, "Wait! Are you saying I'm gonna get fat?" his eyes started tearing up.

"Oh, Goodness, no! You're every bit the firm recruit I married. No pregnancy or genderswap will change that! Don't get upset! I shouldn't have mentioned it. I was just thinking about the Hippogriffs' clutch of eggs." Cadence patted Shining on the back, who looked down at his now-empty plate.

"I'm not hungry anymore." Shining got up in one leap, and stalked out of the room.

"I remember this when I was pregnant," Cadence muttered, as she trotted after.

* * *

"I know it's only the hormones talking, but ... it still hurts." Shining was blubbering, while lying on the bed, in the arms of Cadence, who was gently petting him.

"I know how you feel. Remember when I was about to pop and you were right here where I am? For me?" Cadence continued to pet Shining's now much-longer hair.

Shining stopped crying, paused a moment, and smiled, finally at last saying "yeah." he continued, "I remember that."

"That's what love is. We're here for each other. It doesn't matter what the challenge is; if you're pregnant or I am. Or what gender we are. Or even if you somehow swell up into a zeppelin the size of all of Canterlot, I'll still love you. That's the one thing that can't be transformed. So always keep that in mind."

"That's ... kind of what I said to you, then. I forget exactly."

"I think husbands have said that to wives since the founding of Equestria," Cadence leaned down and kissed her horn, "so you know it's true."

Shining Armor stood up on all fours, "I am feeling better now. Okay, 'husband', let's go finish that statement! ...
And the food!"