• Published 21st May 2020
  • 880 Views, 16 Comments

Rainbow's Dress - The Dark Wolf



Rainbow Dash wears a black dress. And goes for a swim in it.

  • ...
3
 16
 880

Singing in the Rain

Author's Note:

I know it's a short chapter, but it can be summed up by this pic.

Also, in case you're wondering, in the first part Sunset, Twilight, and Pinkie are wearing Legend of Everfree outfits, and Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack are wearing their original dresses.

I also added the second part.

The Equestria Girls were hanging out in Rainbow Dash's backyard. Rainbow had just finished playing soccer with Applejack, which she had won. They were just standing around talking when suddenly it started to rain. They all ran inside, but by the time they got in they were completely soaked.

"I could dry my hair but it will be SO messed up," said Rarity, remembering that Monday she ran to school in the rain, along with Sunset, Twilight, and Fluttershy, ending with a bad hair day for her.

"Your hair looks fine the way it is," said Applejack, winking at her.

"Awwww..." Rarity smiled, blushing lightly.

Rainbow Dash stared out at the rain. A fun idea had just occurred to her. "You know, Sunset, you looked pretty good singing in the rain." Rainbow hadn't been present for Sunset's first Let It Rain but she had seen her sing it again when it had rained on Rarity at the festival.

"Thanks," said Sunset. "Are you suggesting I sing a song out there?"

"I was going to say I'd like to try it. I'd probably look awesome doing it."

"I'm sure you would," said Fluttershy.

"I'll set up a big umbrella for us to stand under while we listen," said Pinkie.

"I'll go get changed for the occasion," said Rainbow.

"Whatever for?" Rarity asked. "You're already wet."

"Heheh... be right back." Rainbow ran to her room and changed out of her black skintight pants, white T-shirt, and blue jacket into her black dress. She picked up her guitar and walked downstairs. "How do I look?"

"Oh, you never get tired of getting that dress wet, do you?" said Rarity, who was used to this by now.

"Not even a little bit."

Pinkie finished setting up the umbrella. She didn't care that it had rained on her for about a minute; if anything, she found it kind of fun.

The other girls rushed under the umbrella, even though they were already wet enough for it to barely matter. Rainbow Dash stood in the center of her backyard and started playing her guitar and singing Awesome As I Wanna Be.

Rarity and Fluttershy couldn't deny how awesome she looked singing this song in the rain in her black dress. And this time Pinkie was enjoying her performance.

The dress clung to her body and water dripped off the edge of the skirt in torrents, often flying off her with the motions she was making. When she did the hair flip, droplets of water flew from her hair. Last time it was sweat from showing off so hard in the heat of the stage lights, leaving her nearly as soaked with sweat as she was with rain now.

Rainbow Dash finished the song this time, since there was no reason for Sunset or anyone else to stop her. Once she was done, the girls all applauded, Fluttershy cheering the loudest. Rainbow Dash bowed, then said "So Applejack, up for a second round of soccer?"

"You know it," said Applejack, and she ran out into the rain to play soccer with Rainbow Dash while Pinkie splashed around in the puddles. Sunset, Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy watched, finding it entertaining, with Rarity cheering for Applejack and Fluttershy cheering for Rainbow Dash.

...

A few days later, it was raining hard again. But just about everyone in the city was gathered in front of a big stage, most of them with umbrellas.

Rainbow Dash walked onstage with her guitar, and wearing her black dress, which was already soaked from the rain. She spoke into the microphone. "I've been waiting a few days for a rainy day like today so you can see the awesomeness of me singing in the rain."

She then started rocking on her guitar as enthusiastically as ever and singing Awesome As I Wanna Be again.

The audience loved it. Rainbow Dash was known to be a world class athlete and a tomboy but she looked good in a black dress, and somehow it looked even better on her in the rain, and she was still moving and singing like she always did, as if she was still wearing her athletic outfits, and not caring how wet her dress got, possibly even enjoying it. Some of the audience cheered when she did the hair flip. A few of them put away their umbrellas and let it rain on them. Fluttershy and Sunset among them; Fluttershy was enjoying this the most.

When Rainbow Dash finished the song, the audience cheered and applauded loudly. Once again Fluttershy was uncharacteristically cheering the loudest. Rainbow Dash bowed to them and walked off the stage.

...

The next rainy day, Lyra, Sweetie Drops, Trixie, Indigo Zap, Sunny Flare, and even the Dazzlings could be seen singing in the rain wearing black dresses.

"Looks like you started a trend," said Rarity to Rainbow Dash as they and their friends were walking through the city, all but Rainbow with umbrellas, and Rainbow wearing her original outfit with skintight black shorts today.

"I guess I'm that awesome," said Rainbow.