• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 446 Views, 12 Comments

Obsidian Series - Furious Thestral



Most of the mind conrolling Relics have been destroyed but that doesn't mean tha all of them are.

  • ...
 12
 446

One of those days.

It was still dark just before the break of dawn where the streets of Ponyville were barely vacant with nothing but the noise of crickets and the clopping hooves of a mare walking down the main street as she always did on a daily basis in order to open her small business.

Bon Bon has always been an early riser to get everything in functioning order to the candy store, prancing happily to her way, carrying with her saddlebags full of ingredients, as she always needed to get her new batch of taffy ready and sort out new jars filled with candy, and the noise of her keys jingling with every step.

She always enjoyed the quietness and the cold morning air around the town as the peace gave her a good feeling of calm and a renewal of energy with the enjoyment for the starting of a new day. Bon Bon was enjoying herself until she heard the noise of two sets of hooves behind her caught her attention and from aside she saw two ponies walking past her, going at a faster pace than her without even looking at the cream coated mare.

This surprised Bon Bon but the mare just gave a light shrug, guessing that these ponies were going to the morning train and whatnot, probably even trying to be the first in line for a fresh batch of bread in Sugar Cube Corner, either way she just went on her way and arrived to her candy store and pulled out her set of keys, jingling at the pull of her hoof and set to hold on the main door key and insert it and unlock it. “Another day, another foal smiling for sweetness.”

by the time she opened the door she was on time to turn around and watched the sunrise to arrive but the thing that caught her attention was that more ponies were walking down the same street that the previous pair walked down a few minutes ago, it was curious but probably some event planned for the morning, probably organized by Pinkie Pie, but the thing that caught her attention was the fact that she noticed that all the ponies that walked down the street were unicorns.

She noticed that more ponies walked down the same street, all unicorns as before, and she noticed Lyra among them along with Dinky, Amethyst Star, Script Writer, Sparkler and others that she couldn’t recognize.

It was strange and rather intriguing to see more groups of unicorns walking down the same street, probably others going down other parts of the town; she rushed down to meet up with Lyra to learn about this event that she was unaware about.

“Hey, Lyra!” Bon Bon rushed onto the unicorn and joined the group, walking next to her friend and glancing around to keep everypony in sight. "Is there some sort of special event that I am unaware of? It does seem like a lot of unicorns walking down the same direction” She still glanced around the other unicorns, the way this all was happening gave her a strange feeling in her gut and that was never a good sign.

"Oh, hey Bons!" Lyra greeted her friend as if she just realized she was just there. "Just this morning I got up and realized that we have a princess who we never had pledged our fealty towards her Royal Highness, isn't that horrible?" She said, looking shocked at her friend while still keeping her pace forward down the street.

The cream colored mare blinked in confusion, looking at Lyra with uncertainty, "what do you mean? Twilight never was the kind of mare to ask for something like that." Retorted Bon Bon as her gut feeling became worse than before.

"That's princess Twilight Sparkle for you, Bons," warned the mint green unicorn, giving her friend a cold glare. "You should be more respectful of our highest figure of authority and Poniville's very own hero." Lyra added, not once looking away from Bon Bon as she continued on walking without much care on her steps.

Bon Bon was taken aback, she never saw Lyra this upset, not even that time when somepony deliberately had broken her lyre This was not how she usually behaved and yet yet this was happening, she needed to be careful on not upsetting her friend even more than she was already. "I guess you're right, sorry if I was being a bit disrespectful there." She gave an apologetic look and noticed how Lyra's face softened at the apology.

"Well, I guess I can leave you off the hook this once," Lyra conceded as she smiled once again and looked back at the street going along with the improv parade.

Not only was Bon Bon aware that Lyra was upset, but she had a bad feeling on the back of her nape feeling the same piercing glare from the other unicorns around her that had been close enough to hear their conversation, each of them eager to voice out their own complaints on the matter but seemed to let it slide due to her apology; unless she argued further on the matter.

This was becoming a delicate situation. Something was happening in the town and it involved two things, princess Twilight Sparkle and all the unicorns in town, unfortunately there were no clues to have a solid conclusion nor to point at a pony to make them accountable for this.

By the time the group of unicorns rounded up the corner to the main street, which can give a more direct view of the Castle of Friendship, Bon Bon noticed more unicorns walking down the same path, joining in the marching group, the cream coated earth pony now noticed that in this new group was Rarity and Sweetie Belle were among them, along with DJ-PON3, Snips, Snails, Lucky Dreams and several others more, it seemed that the entire unicorn population was walking down the street to meet up with princess Twilight.

Everything seemed to be going from bad to worse now that it was a fact that the bearers of the Elements of Harmony could also be compromised or corrupted to the same thing that was happening to the unicorns. This was now a dangerous situation, one that only a spy master could deal with and Bon Bon knew that she would need her spy kit at home and prepared herself to investigate this case further in order to save all Ponyville and its heroes.

"It's gonna be one of those days."

~~***~~

Celestia was in the dining room enjoying her morning tea, while looking at the door and waiting for the doors to open for her sister to arrive. She glanced back at the breakfast she made for Luna, a pancake with banana slices, honey and oats along with a lavender tea to accompany with, glad that it was still warm and not yet soggy from the honey. Celestia knew that her sister was just about to walk inside in a moment.

As in cue both doors opened by the night guard and Luna strutted into the room and took a seat on her chair, Celestia smiled behind her teacup at how well she nailed her timing.

"A beautiful morning as always, dear sister," greeted Luna while she glanced at her breakfast and began to eat.

"And a magnificent dawn from you as well, sister," Celestia replied back as she began to enjoy her pancakes.

In silence, they enjoyed their flapjacks for a while until Celestia looked up at her sister, with a soft smile, "how was your night, Luna? Hopefully nothing too stressful happened inside the dream realm?." She asked, in a way she always started a conversation.

Luna finished eating and drowned it with a sip of her tea, "avoiding specifics, it was a good night, except for a few nightmares happening in Applewood because of a recent flick that premiered in the recent month about monsters under the bed but all was taken care of." Luna explained, with a soft smile of the accomplishments of her work.

"That is wonderful to hear, Lulu, ponies, especially foals, do need a healthy amount of sleep and peace in their nights." Celestia gave her sister praise as she continued on eating. "I, on the other hoof, will have a dreadful meeting with Lord Stuck Up and his wife, Lady Gold Digger, on the matter of the budget transfer of the royal treasury and the expenses for the upcoming month." She started groaning at that last part, showing how much she dreaded it.

"Why is it that you delegate such a pony to be the royal treasurer?" Luna gave a quizzical look at her sister. "You know that they snuck bits under the table for their own benefit."

Celestia gave Luna a small smile, one that the lunar princess knew all too well in their younger years, one that she could interpret as a smirk, "I do not need to worry so much about that," she began, taking a sip of her tea and finishing it off. "Not since Discord replaced all their golden ornaments, statues and bits into a mocking golden wrapped chocolate."

Luna couldn't help but smile at that bit of information, feeling almost glad to know that there was some sort or ironic justice behind all this. "Does Stuck Up know about this yet?" She wondered out loud doing her best not to burst out laughing, “Surely he must be pulling out his mane in anger.”

“Oh, you will know when he realizes what happened to that gold, dear sister,” she showed her toothy grin before eating what little remains of her breakfast. “Wouldn’t be much of a surprise if he barges in the castle expecting a full scale investigation about this.”

Luna dabbed her muzzle with a napkin and set her plate aside, “well, I am not going to ask for the whereabouts of the gold but I must have to know this; since when have you done this kind of thing? Miss goody goody horseshoes.” while asking she looked around the balcony to see if their chaotic friend was around. ”And where pray tell is Discord? Knowing him he would have loved to come here and brag about such heists.” She glanced even under the table and even in her teacup.

Celestia chuckled at the so-called nickname and gave Luna a shrug, "to be honest, I grew tired of being the paragon of harmony, I worked so hard and diligently to make this kingdom grow, always being fair and just by giving all ponies a chance to thrive. Sadly that only made some of them spoiled and bratty, the amount of Coups I had to deal with during the first couple of centuries would make Chrysalis turn her back on this kingdom," she said, her voice sounded like it was exhausted and her look distant but it all disappear in an instant. "So, I took care of making sure that ponies will only reach a limit on the influence of their power… and bits as well. You know how that saying goes; ladròn que roba a ladrón, tiene cien años de perdón." She gave Luna a playful wink and relaxed her back on her seat. "As for Discord, last time I checked he said he was going for a little timeout, though he never said where, or when." She added.

Luna was just about to burst out laughing but she had showed much restraint until she reached to her personal bedchambers, "oh, Tia, you must invite me to these things, surely you could do with more stealth," Luna gave a pleading look, holding her hooves together and crooking her head on one side.

Celestia had to admit that the idea wasn't a bad one, since this could be a moment of bonding between the two sisters and if anything the two could also help the ponies of Equestria this way, "well, I have been working ahead of schedule in order to have some free time just so that you and I could enjoy a full weekend in Manehattan, we could even invite Twilight with us for a merrier time." She added, giving a light chuckle and a subtle wink, once more.

At the mention of Twilight, Luna became serious and then concerned, she glanced at the direction where Ponyville was located and then back at Celestia, "sister, there is something that I wish to inform you about our friend, Twilight," she started, gaining the full attention from the white alicorn. "Last night, I was requested to visit her dreams and from within them I have fou-."

The double doors of the balcony burst open and from it three royal day guards dashed forward to stop close to the table of the two sisters, who were surprised by the commotion, “your Highnesses, prince Blueblood has requested your presence of an urgent matter that has to be attended immediately!” he urged with a deep bow, along with his other two partners.

Celestia managed to held out a groan of frustration, which Luna noticed by how her eyes bore the look of utter boredom, ”guess I better take care of this before he gets into one of his hissy fits,” she muttered as she stood up from her chair and prepared herself mentally for the first thing in the day to work on. “Enjoy your rest and I will meet you at Sunset.” She bade her farewell and joined the guards

Luna watched her sister leave and gave a light sigh, not wanting to delay her sister from her daily tasks and deciding to continue their conversation by the sunset. She glanced at the direction of the town of Ponyville and began to wonder how Twilight was dealing with her current dreams and the lack of it the night before. “I hope that Twilight manages to deal with this dream of hers." She mused to herself as she jumped off through the window, spreading her wings and flew off to her personal tower to rest for the day.

Celestia, on the other end was now escorted by three royal guards and each of them marched in complete sync with one another while matching Celestia's long strides as they moved directly to the meeting room where her nephew awaited the royal monarch.

As they head on she notices the constant glances from the three guards. It was brief and it seemed that they were nervous for whatever reason the spoiled nephew had in store for her, she breathed to ease her annoyance and muttered under her breath,”It’s one of these days.”

~~***~~

Twilight lay sprawled in her bed, giving a pleasant smile after one night of dreamless sleep and she could have enjoyed it for much longer if it wasn’t for the sunlight filtering inside her room, hitting on her face directly and caused her to groan in discomfort and wake up as usual, ready to take on the newest day.

“Good morning, my queen,” came a female voice from inside Twilight’s own bedroom.

“Good morning,” replied Twilight absentmindedly as she began to stretch her forehooves, followed by her wings. By the moment she rolled around her neck and popped the joints until she then realized that somepony was there, in the same room with her. "Wait… what?" In that instant Twilight felt more awake than any coffee could ever do. Moving quickly she jumped off the bed, untangling herself from the bedsheets and scanned her room to locate the origin of the voice it came from.

Looking first in the bathroom door was slightly ajar but she knew that no voice came from there, her wardrobe was locked and she was certain that nopony was there the night before she went to sleep, there was also nopony near her vanity mirror which held her modest set of makeup and he photos of her friends, she noticed Trixie was standing next to the door of her room that was supposed to be locked since last night and the mulberry unicorn was inside but the balcony doors were left open to let the cool night air inside Twilight suspected that must have been where the voice of the intruder came from.

Twilight did a double take as she focused back to Trixie who was still standing in place where she had spotted her and what caught her attention right now was the fact was that instead of her usual stage magician outfit she was wearing what appeared to be a standard maid outfit with the detail of a collar that had an amethyst gem that was the same shape as Twilight’s starburst.

The azure unicorn gave a few steps in the middle of the room and bowed towards Twilight, “how may I serve you today, my queen?” she asked, her eyes focused on the floor and her ears perked in attention of whatever Twilight would say to her.

Twilight, for her part, was at a loss of words and her mind was trying to process the reason behind the situation that was unfolding before her, “wha- whe- who-... how did you get in here!?” She fought to formulate the questions that she wanted to ask but still she only had one mouth, and with effort decided to choose one.

Trixie lifted her head and stood up straight, “the servicial and talented Trixie used her own personal lockpicking kit, as the devoted servant Trixie is, she must be in the same room as you are, my queen,” She pulled out the mentioned box, to Twilight, which she used to open the door.

Still confused, Twilight tried to bring herself to scold Trixie for invading her bedroom, acting like a total creep, but her mind still had more questions as if they continued on autopilot, "wait, why are you referring to me as queen?"

Trixie gave a sharp nod, "that is the title worthy of your greatness, one that symbolizes your position above others, that includes the rulers of Equestria as well," she explained with an extra dose of pride in every word. "Although, Trixie can refer to you by a greater and more powerful title if you so wish, such as empress or even goddess!" She squealed with excitement, giving indication that she loved the idea of callingTwilight with a higher status that nopony could ever dream to achieve.

Twilight was beyond belief as questioned what sort of strange prank Trixie had planned in order to behave like this. From what she remembers, Trixie usually was an egotistical and self centered mare that balued herself over friendship, but to see her have this sudden change of behavior was strange and probably bizarre. Not to mention where the punchline in all this was.

"No, there is no need to change my title as it is, I am a princess." She corrected, glaring at Trixie and chose her next question. "And what do you mean by servant? I never thought of you being subservient to anypony else but yourself." Twilight tried her best to look for any facial signs that could lead her to believe that all this was some sort of prank performed by the, self proclaimed, maid.

"Trixie might have been that way in the past, but now she has found a new purpose, one that can bring her new calling in life that will fulfill her beyond the petty tricks and boastful attitude; and that is to obey your very command, my queen." Trixie once again gave a bow, which only lasted for a second. "All you have to do is to say what you want and Trixie will bring it towards you faster than you can say 'in ten seconds flat'. You'll be amazed how efficient Trixie is as the most hard working, skilled and dedicated maid there has ever been!" The azure unicorn declared, waving her hooves to emphasize her words and her horn glowed to invoke her usual illusion of pyrotechnics.

Twilight was left surprised at the commitment on how far Trixie was taking this prank and how well the azure unicorn was not even showing any signs of disgust or discomfort with every word she just said, but that by itself was something she was getting worried about.

She needed to put an end to this prank.

"Anything I say, huh…" she rubbed her chin as she played along, just to find something that could make Trixie stop this play and leave her alone. "Jump on three hooves." She commanded and was a bit amused that Trixie started doing so and never showing any need to stop until Twilight told her to stop.

"Alright, clean my room," she was probably pushing it but it was all in order to call out Trixie from this prank and probably scold her for sneaking inside her room.

To her surprise that didn't happen once she saw how Trixie began to tidy up the place by using her magic on picking things up from everywhere and even brooming and mopping the entire room until it was immaculate. "Voila! The spotless and stainless Trixie has left this room sparkling clean as you requested, my queen." She gave a bow and looked at Twilight with the expectation of another order.

Twilight was now deciding to push it far off, going as far as possible that not only could this make Trixie call off this prank but to even make her go mad at her for such devious thing the mulberry alicorn had in mind to command such a nefarious order that could possibly leave Trixie washing her mouth for weeks to come.

"Trixie, admit that I am a much better magic caster than you and that I am much greater and powerful." She ordered, giving a smug grin at the azure unicorn. She was expecting that with this in any second Trixie would look at her with anger and disgust, shouting how unfunny her counter prank is all while throwing off the maid costume and probably ranting towards Starlight how bad things went.

Trixie just gave a single nod and bowed, once more, before Twilight so low that her chin was just barely above the marble floor, with her eyes closed, "the humble and inferior Trixie admits how superior and incomparable Twilight is, and that she is nothing compared to the achievements her queen has under her glorious name."

Twilight could feel her jaw hitting the floor, no words could describe how she felt after hearing the words she never thought would ever come from Trixie's mouth. The room remained still for a good amount of time until Trixie raised her head, but her body still remained knelt before Twilight. "Do my words please you, my queen?" Asked the azure unicorn with anticipation.

This was not a prank, that much could Twilight confirm. What was happening here was beyond her understanding. Her mind raced for options, theories, ideas of what was going on but nothing was of sense to this or even came close as to give her a proper answer.

But then there was one thing that came up as an option.

Starlight. She must have used a spell on Trixie to make her behave as a maid just to cement the idea of making the prank more realistic. Twilight believed this was the best option to explain Trixie’s behavior. It seemed so obvious to have Trixie embrace the role of a servant just to throw Twilight out of the loop and it really worked.

Twilight relaxed her body and allowed herself to laugh a little, "you did well Trixie, your… queen is pleased," she gave a mocking tone at the sentence as she laughed a little more. "Follow me so we can meet with Starlight." She couldn't help but play in the role of royalty, just for a bit.

Trixie beamed in happiness by the compliment as she rushed to follow Twilight outside of the room and down the hallway.

During the walk inside the castle Twilight was just relieved that this was Starlight's idea of a prank and she was mentally preparing to give one of her well known lectures on the abuse of magic spells and using them on one of their friends for pranks, in which case she thought that this was all consensual by both mares Twilight also had the idea to team up with Rainbow and Pinkie to counter prank them both in the near future.

It only took a few minutes later that they both reached the main hall where they found Starlight with a quill and clipboard in her magical aura, scribbling quickly on it, unaware of the alicorn and close friend being right behind her until she heard their hoof steps.

"Starlight, you have a lot to explain for this prank you made." Twilight declared, keeping her eyes on the pink unicorn while motioning to Trixie with her hoof.

Starlight was smiling at Twilight as she created her things away, "what prank you may refer to, my queen?"

Twilight, once again, felt that dreadful sensation in her stomach and the look of worry began to show on her face. Trying her best to keep herself under control she insisted on pressing on with Starlight to stop the act.

"You know what prank I am referring to. Making Trixie behave like a humble maid, doing my bidding and even admitting that I am better than her in magic?" She tried to keep herself composed but her nerves began to reach out and her smile began to crackdown. "I may be willing to forgive you for this if you admit it and now, and then we can all laugh about this." She insisted, looking at both mares expecting one of them to start laughing now.

Starlight cocked her head to the right and looked a bit confused, "I do not know what you are talking about, my queen."

Twilight was now feeling dreadful as it seemed that neither of these two were going to confirm her need of this being a prank, as they both seemed to be serious. She needed an answer, a sign perhaps, something that could be the difference between reassuring calmness and twisted insanity, "oookay… look, you two can keep going with this act all you want, in fact you win! You two have indeed made an excellent prank and have gotten in my nerves so much that I decided to head outside and and take a deep breath of reality, and perhaps have my breakfast at Sugarcube Corner, and once I come back here we can all laugh together at how I, Twilight Sparkle, was somehow crowned queen of all Equestria!" Ranted the mulberry alicorn as her mane shot astray and she trotted directly to the main door.

Upon opening it Twilight saw a large group of ponies in front of her castle. A group of ponies, by which Twilight noticed were in majority unicorns, were looking at her with excitement and somewhat devotion.

"It's queen Twilight!"

"Over here, your majesty!"

"I will be your most loyal subject!"

"Please allow us to serve you!"

"We will obey your every command!"

One after another, all the ponies were shouting to obtain Twilight's attention, rushing towards Twilight, going over the stairs and up to the main door.

In a quick reaction, Twilight rushed back inside and slammed the door shut and locked it, pressing her body on the door while several hooves, from the other side, bashed on it.

Meanwhile, Starlight and Trixie bowed before Twilight, "we await your command, my queen," both mares declared, much to the fear of the alicorn.

During all this Spike was just waking up with a cup of coffee on his hand, he took a sip from it and watched the commotion at the entrance, with a sigh and a shake of his head he said, "it's one of those days."

Author's Note:

Celestia says a Spanish proverb that goeslike this; Theif that steals a thief gets one hundred years free of grief.