• Published 13th May 2020
  • 350 Views, 33 Comments

Seizing the Star (Phase two) - keithsterling



With the discovery of the anthropomorphic animals from the Planet of ARK, the Imperator Alicorns from deep space, and the New Federation of Equestria from the Planet of Sol have allied with United Animal Council the ruler body of the Planet of ARK.

  • ...
 33
 350

Chapter 12

The planet of Sauria is green and lush planet with tropical jungles, swamps, insects, and small animals. The environment reminds the morphs of a world from their books about millions of years ago called earth went creature called dinosaurs lived there. Slogging through extensive lowlands filled with water on their way to an outpost base was a squad of ten bipedal lizards that look like descends of dinosaurs the most prominent feature of these lizards is the fin on top their head.

They are close in body shape to a human but slightly a bit shorter about five feet tall. The body is cover by a multitude of small half-moon shaped armor scales in various colors. Dragging behind them is tail about half the length of their body. On their three-fingered hand are sharp claws. Covering the trunk of their body is stained covered camouflage tank top and stained covered cargo shorts. Attached to a thick strap tossed over their shoulder was M1 Garand .30 caliber semi-automatic rifle and round their waist was a belt with holster containing M1911 single-action, semi-automatic pistol.

Suddenly the lead fin head notice bubbles on the surface of the water moving quickly from the very edge of swamp toward his squad. He quickly draws two ka-bars from the sheath on his left side and brings it up into a defensive posture. Before long, the rest of his squad draws their own ka-bars from their sheath and enters a defensive posture.

"The green-skinned barbarians are approaching; we are in their house! Defend yourself!" The fin head called as six-foot-tall, dark green-scaled colored reptilian humanoids leap out of the swampy water to attack this group of saurial fin head soldiers.

At the very edge of the swamp from a temperate forest appears a nice look rifle green colored fin head female. Her fit 5ft even saurial figure was attired in a stained, covered camouflage tank top and stained covered cargo shorts. Her three-toed scaly feet were bare with a sharp claw on each toe. Across her chest was brown bandolier with pockets containing .30 caliber box magazines for her M1903A4 Springfield bolt-action rifle with a telescopic sight. She slaps the box magazine into the bottom of the rifle and pulls back the bolt. And begins to take out green-skinned barbarian with precision giving the squad time to break off combat and make a dead run to the edge of the swamp.

As the last of the fin head squad members plant their three-toed scaly feet onto the solid, level ground, they make a dash into the forest as the female was about to leave a lizard man leaps out of the swampy water. The female catches him on the bottom of her three-toed scaly feet.

"I don't like aggressive males like you!" The female fin head said sharply, reaching for a heavy wooden branch. She strikes the side of the lizard man's head, temporarily stunning him. That gives her enough time to scramble to her feet and draw a smith and Wesson Model 10 revolver from a holster on her side.

"Lunchtime!" The female fin head calls pulling the trigger of her revolver, the Lizard man wince, and falls backward into the swamp water with a loud splash.

A second later, the female fin head eye narrow with disgust as the other lizard men within one hundred miles descend on the body of the dead lizard man and devours it, leaving only bloodstain floating on the surface of the water. The female fin head turns on her three-toed feet and walks in the same direction as the squad fled towards. After a half-mile trek from the scene of the lizard man attack, the female fin head arrives at Saurial's outpost base as she across the steel bridge over the river she comes upon second male fin head reprimanded the male fin head squad leader for abandoning the female fin head.

The second fin head male was good looking with hunter green scaly skin. His fit 5ft even saurial figure was attired in a stained, covered camouflage tank top and stained covered cargo shorts. His three-toed scaly feet were bare with a sharp claw on each toe. Around his waist was a belt with holster containing Browning hi-power single-action, semi-automatic pistol. Slung over his shoulder was thick strap with Lee-Enfield jungle carbine rifle, and his left side was metal sheath with an F-S fighting knife.

"Igor! Leave him be! I am fine, nothing I couldn't handle!" The female fin head yells as the second male fin head, walks up to her and hugs her.

"Valkyria, are you all right?" Igor asks his mate as Valkyria looks toward the male fin head squad leader and give him a look that said you owe me big for this, she will collect remember that.

"As I said, it was nothing I couldn't handle. But that confirms what the Blade back advisor is telling the Horn head commander. The dark claws are pushing those lizard men out of the northern end of the swamp toward the eastern end of the swamp toward our settlements. Those Lizard men will devastate our hatcheries by eating our eggs and our hatchlings. Our own eggs are in one of those hatcheries that the lizard men will raid. Our eggs are due to hatch soon, and I will return home to care for our hatchlings." Valkyria said her voice constricted as a single tear runs down her scaly cheek.

"Valkyria, I know what is at stake. Please cheer-up Valkyria; you will soon be a mother to our hatchlings. My dear mate, I am counting on you to do your best to care for our hatchlings." Igor said encouraging as the Horn head commander calls them to his office to speak to them and get their report.

~Its 10 to 30 days later~

Kicking up dust with her bare three-toed scaly feet along the path heading toward a huge volcanic shaped structure at the edge of the capital city of Lost Vale in the Jurassic sector of the land of Pangaea was Valkyria Thunder tail attired in finely made rosewood red embroidered slightly below the knee-length dress. As she continues down the path, she passes several small shaped volcanic structures that serve as the private homes for many saurial mated couples that live in Lost Vale.

As Valkyria reaches the huge volcanic shaped structure, she looks around to see many saurial young males of the races of Blade backs, fin heads, flyers, and horn heads looking through long window slit into the structure. As the female of each of the races is highly aggressive toward males went they are tending their nest with eggs. The aggression dissipates went the hatchlings are born, and the father is allowed to enter the hatchery to care with his mate; they new hatchlings and head home.

As Valkyria reaches the fissure vent, a vast opening with a long tunnel leading to the center of hatchery or more commonly call the nesting grounds. She is met by a seven-foot-tall older female Blade back wearing plain white gold-embroidered robe of a midwife. The most prominent physical feature of this female saurial is the large, sharp scales jut out along her spines that extending from her head to the end of her almost body-length tail.

This Blade back midwife tends to the nests of the other saurial females went the couples must work as the male and the female share equally in all the work. The jobs of these Blade back midwives is to pack the nest with dried grass to keep the eggs warm, and the monitor went the eggs are ready to hatch.

"Greeting Midwife Viveka How is my nest? Any movement from my eggs?" Valkyria inquiries follow in much large three-toed scaly footprints of the female Blade back lead her to her nest.

"We may have to intervene, Lady Valkyria! I have kept your nest at the optimal temperature for hatching. But still, your hatchlings have not broking the inner membrane of their eggs. If we don't intervene soon, you could lose your whole clutch of eggs once again. It will be devastating for your ruling family. As your parents are getting on in age." Viveka said straightforwardly as Valkyria unleashed an aggravated growl at the female Blade backs in front of her.

"Please forgive me High Priestess Lightfoot; I forgot how straightforward your species is," Valkyrie said apologetically as two female saurial stop at the entrance of the nesting grounds.

"It quite all right, Lady Valkyria. It never easy to tell another female saurial that their clutch of eggs will never hatch. Especially difficult went the clutch of eggs belongs to the daughter of Duke Balder, the ruler of Lost Vale." High Priestess Viveka Lightfoot replies.

Lady Valkyrie follows High priestess Viveka over the heavy-duty wooden walkways of the nesting grounds. The other, females in the hatchery bow their heads as Valkyrie and Viveka pass before returning to tending to their own nests with eggs. A moment later, the two female saurian’s arrive at a good-sized nest with three good-sized eggs packed tightly with dried grass to keep the eggs toasty warm. Once at the nests, Viveka bows her head and leaves to tend to the other female saurials who are in the hatchery this day. Slowly Lady Valkyria sits down by the nest stretches her legs to her side as her tail wraps around her clutch of three eggs.

~Back in the infinity star sector~

Once again, in the large and quite spacious private living quarters in the infinity palace Empress Galaxy Cosmos sits on her sofa in her living room reading over the preliminary report from the science teams observing the planet of Sauria. So far, the report from the science teams is hopefulness. As for the first contact, the science teams advise even those the inhabitants have a military that is armed with conventional weapons and equipment.

Most of the planet is livestock and some farming so best to continue to observe the inhabitants. The United Animal Council agrees with that recommendation from the Science teams as ARK is changing from high-tech society to a super science society with the help of Imperator Alicorns of deep space. A moment later, the chimes sound at her front door she walks over to the door wearing her knee-high boots and answers it. Standing outside her door was Galactic Technician officer first class Celestia Silverlight. She messaged her great grandson's wife, asking her to please come to her private living quarters to speak to her.

"Greeting your imperial majesty, you message me to come to see you," Celestia said politely bow her head once before bringing it back up to look at Galaxy.

"Indeed, Mrs. Silverlight, Please do come into my private living quarters. We have something important to speak about concerning my Great grandson Justice." Galaxy said serenely as Celestia's stomach knotted as she followed Galaxy into the living room, and she asked her to sits down on the sofa.

"Concerning Justice? What would that be Great, Grandmother Galaxy?" Celestia asked a bit perplexed as Galaxy float a small glass of soft apple cider to Celestia, who accept the drink.

"Breaking of Celestia and beyond broken Celestia, two solar guard case files." Galaxy comments as Celestia's face are etched in desperation.

"NO-no-no. How did you find out about those files? I had my daughter Aurora seal them so no one would ever find them." Celestia said, her voice quavering as tears started to streak Celestia's snout.

"It was not I. Who discover those solar guard case files? I was just told about them." Galaxy said freely taking a drink from her own glass of soft apple cider

"Justice! Found them!" Celestia's voice explodes out of her as she begins to sob uncontrollably.

"That even worse, I never wanted him to find those two solar guard case files. He loves me too much. So coming across those case files will break his heart." Celestia's voice is as cold as death.

"Celestia, you still have time to fix this. All you have to do is tell him everything. No matter how painful it for you." Galaxy suggested serenely as Celestia flew out of Galaxy's private living quarter to the officer's quarters.

"Justice listen to me, it about time I told you everything that happens to me went you died. But please, beloved; don't let it break your heart. If I am going to get over it, I need that love you always had for me." Celestia said, sitting on top of her husband Justice in the living room of their quarters with her finger on his lips.

"That all I wanted you to do, Celestia. Tell me everything that happened went I died. I went, I was reborn, and I came to find you. In our chamber at the palace, I sense you were holding so much back. I just want you to talk to me and help you overcome everything that happens to you because of my death." Justice said thoughtfully as he reaches up to brush away a tear from Celestia's cheek, and she grabs hold of his hand and rubs it against her cheek.