• Published 19th Oct 2020
  • 3,179 Views, 126 Comments

The Road of Courage - PrismaGalaxy514

  • ...
21
 126
 3,179

Chapter 10: Living the new Pony Life

In the middle of the night, we see Johnny in his bed. But something was off. He was pacing really fast in a frightened state, all because of nightmares...

Meanwhile in his nightmare, the demons circle around the black pegasus, while demonic laughter can be heard. He tried to cover his ears, but the laughter can still be heard, as it occured inside of his head.

Soon, his human counterpart emerged from the shadows, looking absolutely torn up with cuts, bruises and blood coming out of his mouth. Johnny was very scared of the sight. But that was nothing compared to the following scenes.

"Hahahahaha! You little devil! It's time to get the punishment!!" One of the demons grabbed Johnny's human version by the throat, while his pony form felt something tightening around his neck, even though he couldn't see something actually grabbing it.

"S-stop!" He tried to plead, but as always, it fell on deaf ears. Both versions tried to fight back, but the cold aura alongside with the piercing, cold, red eyes of the demons, slowly drained their energies, like they damage their soul. Soon, the demons pulled their sharp claws out. He knew, that they would do something bad to him and as to be expected, they stabbed Human Johnny in the back. During which, his pony counterpart feels a sharp pain in his back.

As the demons kept torturing him with stabs, slashes and burns from their breath, the black pegasus would feel the injuries as well. As he screamed in agonising pain, he once again pleaded to leave him alone and that he can defend himself. But the demons instead laughed and threw Human Johnny hard on the ground. The impact caused him to cough up blood, in which his pony counterpart would follow suit and as the stallion was lying down in agonising pain, he looked in horror, as his human form once again turned into his frightening form and said:

"DO SOMETHING!!"

Eventually, they stabbed him one more time and with a twist, his human form collapsed on the floor and bled out, all while the stallion's pain get worse and worse to the point, where he couldn't move.

The demonic entities got closer and closer to the defenseless pony, who was crying in fear. The last moment he saw, before he woke up, were the demons charging at him.

Meanwhile In Canterlot...

On the castle balcony, Princess Celestia was looking at the skies, while thinking about some plans on how to help them get over from the past. Suddenly, she heard a scream inside of the castle. Immediately recognising the scream, the white alicorn teleported to her sister's bedroom, when she saw Luna with a horrified look on her face.

"Luna, what happened?" She asked, while comforting the dark blue alicorn.

"The nightmares got even worse...." Luna replied.

"This is really bad. I'll immediately have to inform Twilight, her friends and Cadence about the news." Celestia had a worried, yet serious look on her face, as she started to write letters to the princesses of Love and Friendship respectively.

"We have to work even harder now." She mumbled.

"Indeed. We have to make sure, it wouldn't get even worse..." Luna sighed.


The next morning...

As the birds were chirping their melodies and the sun still shining, the black stallion went to the bathroom with bags under his eyes. The nightmares took a toll on him and his sleep schedule.

"Ugh....I need to wash it off.." He went to the sink and opened the water.

As he looked into his own reflection, there was a moment of peace for a while. Enough to take a deep breath and think quietly. Suddenly, voices in his head began to sound louder.

"Ha! You demon!"

Johnny tried his best to fight back and suppress those voices in his head. However, when the stallion looked at the mirror, he saw the evil monsters.

"No! Come on now! I had enough of this!" He yelled. But the demons wouldn't budge, despite how hard he tried. Soon, they emerge out of the mirror and the room started to twist.

"You think, this is over?! Think again..."

The black pegasus soon backed off a bit. During which, the air around him felt cold and heavy and the demons getting closer and closer. Suddenly, he felt like, he bumped to someone. Suspecting, it was a demon, he jumped and screamed, as he looked back. However the sight, that greeted him, made him snap him out of the delusion: It was Dukey, who is currently struggling to stay awake.

"It's you...let me guess, also had a bad night?" He asked, while panting.

"You know it..." The hybrid was even struggling to keep his eyes open, when he went to the sink to wash his face off. As the brown stallion looked at his reflection, he grabbed a brush and began to brush his mane and fur.

"The nightmares were surely an agonising experience..." Dukey rubbed his eyes.

"You said it, pal...They keep stalking us..." the black pegasus sighed and looked down. "Why can't they just leave us alone once and for all?"

"I don't know. Maybe, we should continue fighting." His best friend looked at Johnny, as he scratched his head.

"Yeah....I hope..." Johnny was worried about their progress.

"Breakfast time!" They heard the sound of Sweet Serenity calling anyone for breakfast.

"Let's go." The black pegasus looked forward.

The two left the bathroom on their way to the others. Meanwhile, Twilight just teleported outside and looked around, when she saw the brush, Dukey used, in the bathroom, while looking from the window. Her eyes widened because of it.

"Maybe with his fur, I can get the answers for why he is a hybrid!" Twilight used her magic to slowly taking the fur and the mane strings from the brush and outside of the bathroom. Once she obtained these objects, she teleported to her castle, being eager to solve this mystery.

Back to the family, Sweet Serenity was finishing up the touches, while High Velocity and Cosmic Blaze were sitting at the table. Eventually, Johnny and Dukey did came, but soon collapsed due to a lack of sleep.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay!?" The blue unicorn rushed to the two and used her magic to get them back up. When she notices the bags under their eyes, she gasped.

"Geez, they look terrible..." Cosmic Blaze commented.

"It's because they had very nasty nightmares..." High Velocity sighed.

"But why?" The young colt was confused.

"I'm not sure, if you can handle their story, my boy." The stallion looked at his son.

"Everyone, please! We will help them as best as we can, but right now, they need some energy." Sweet Serenity was worried, while she guided the two to the table.

The two tried to open their eyes for as long as they could, but eventually they fall asleep.

"Oh, dear..." Sweet Serenity sighed.

"Is there any way to wake them up?" Cosmic Blaze asked.

The blue unicorn used her magic to give them at least some energy for them to wake up.

"What...happened?" Johnny was in a slight daze.

"You were really tired, because of the nightmares. I used some of my magic to wake you up." The mare answered.

"Thanks...we really needed a boost." Dukey smiled.

"You're welcome." Sweet Serenity giggled.

Meanwhile, Cosmic Blaze was impatient. After all, it was the weekend and he wanted to fly around and have some fun, like any other filly and colt do. Plus, he needed some energy for that fun.

"Don't worry, my kid." High Velocity assured the little colt and everyone began their breakfast.


Meanwhile, in Twilight's castle...

The purple alicorn was once again researching and experimenting about hybrids. Thanks to the fur and the hair samples, she can finally crack down the mystery. She used her magic and a few gadgets to analyse the samples, which contained Dukey's DNA. After some minutes have passed, the results were in.

"Let's see... according to the results, sometime before he went to Equestria, Dukey has been mutated to include intelligence and the mannerisms of a human... Which means, the mutation has carried over to his new form, when he went to my world. Interesting...." Twilight was very intrigued by the result.

"If I'm able to recreate the formula with magic, then I could get the same result, by testing it to an animal! And maybe...give Dukey a friend, so he wouldn't feel as the only pony/dog hybrid!" With those words, the Princess of Friendship went to work on making some potions.

She tried her best to recreate the formula by mixing some ingredients, testing on a few animals, changing the recipe, etc. Each of these attempts only lasted for a short while or didn't work at all. Or something went wrong, while testing. After a few hours have passed, Twilight was very close on her goal, but she realized, that an important ingredient is missing. It has to be the fur sample. However, since two potions have to be make, one being permanent, she had to think on how to handle the rationing.

"Hmmm..." The purple mare was thinking and thinking hard.

Eventually, she had to use parts of the mutated DNA to complete the potions and added some herbs and other important stuff to also complete the other.

"It's done! The potions are ready!" Twilight smiled at her achievements. She was very proud of her efforts. "Now, I need to test on someone and-"

"Twilight! Twilight! We have some bad news!!!"

A voice made the mare jump and shriek. However, she recognized the voice as belonging to her assistant, Spike, who was holding a letter and looking panicked.

"What!?" Once again, Twilight was agitated.

"It's from Princess Celestia! It's about Johnny and Dukey!" Spike gave the letter to the princess.

"Wait....are you serious?" The princess opened the letter:

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

it seems like, the nightmares got worse and worse. Luna told me, that she saw Johnny and Dukey encountering their original forms, after seemingly escaping the demons. But they returned from the shadows, in order to torment them again...but the way, they did was horrific. The monsters began to torture the original forms in the most painful ways possible and during which, their pony counterparts would feel a massive amount of agonising pain in their bodies. There are times, that they coughed up blood from their mouths! The most haunting is their human and dog forms saying, that they need to accept help from other ponies and open up more, as an advice, before getting brutally killed by the monsters. And that would made their pony forms paralyzed in pain and fear, before the demons prepare to attack them.

We have to maximize our efforts and continue to help them, by finding ways on how to stop the nightmares! It is advised to find an artifact, that would help them surpress their nightmares.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

"No...this can't be! We have to gather our friends again and continue helping them guide to the light! Spike, there is no time to waste!" Twilight was in shock and now has to get back to the main goal. And so, she and her dragon assistant went off to get their friends.

After they left, silence dominated the castle, until some time later, sounds of sniffing can be heard. We see some light purple-pink paws walking and when it peeked, we see the nose of the unknown being.


Back to Twilight, once she gathered her friends to the centre of Ponyvile, she spread the news about their conditions, thanks to Celestia's letter.

"This is bad..." Rainbow Dash was nervous. "Really bad..."

"Ah feel the same thing, pal.." Applejack looked down.

"This is getting worse...We have to work harder than before!" Rarity responded.

"Exactly, Rarity. Princess Celestia mentioned, that we need an artifact, that suppresses bad dreams and I know the one, she's talking about. But I need your help." Twilight explained. "And as for them, someone has to keep an watchful eye on their progress."

"I'll do it." The prismatic mare flew forward. "Ever since I learned the truth behind the situation, I wanted to help them. The story was seriously messed up.."

"It was." Fluttershy agreed.

"But wait! Are you sure, you can do this alone?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash nodded, but Applejack knew better.

"Nah. I'll come with you." She went to the cyan pegasus mare. "After all, we knew them more since the day, we met."

"Okay, girls. I can trust your willingness to watch them. And as for the others, we need to find the items for that artifact and spread the word on everyone again." Twilight explained her plan. "Do you understand?"

"Of course, silly!" Pinkie grinned.

"We wouldn't forget our goal." Fluttershy agreed.

"Come on, Rainbow Dash!" Applejack ran off with Rainbow Dash following shortly after. Soon, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Spike, Fluttershy and Starlight Glimmer went off to their own path.


On an open field somewhere in Ponyville, Johnny, Dukey and Cosmic Blaze were walking around for a spot.

"Why are we here again?" Dukey was confused, but the navy colt was brimmed with energy and responded with: "It's usually the spot, I can fly around."

The little pegasus colt soon used his wings to elevate from the ground.

"See? It always fill me.with excitement!" He smiled.

"You are quite a hyperactive one, bro." Johnny rubbed his little adoptive brother's head, even though he looked a bit annoyed. The black pegasus immediately knocked it off.

"Sorry. Didn't know, you don't like that." The pegasus stallion scratched his head.

"Nah. It's fine. You're my big bro, after all." Cosmic Blaze shrugged.

"You know, I also have a hyperactive side of me. Wanna see a demonstration?" He smirked.

"Yes! Yes!" The navy colt nodded.

As soon as the black pegasus spread his wings, his little brother was starry eyed.

"Oh my gosh! Your wings are huge....and that looks awesome!" Cosmic Blaze admired him.

"Well, he is a unique pony, after all." Dukey responded.

Soon, Johnny lifted off from the ground. His flying skills got better, thanks to Rainbow's teachings, however, the only things, he had to master is keeping his coordination.

"Don't worry, I'm still getting used to it." Johnny assured the young colt about his skills.

After a while of maintaining the balance, the black pegasus managed to soar without any problems. Cosmic Blaze could only watch in awe, as his brother soared through the clouds. As this was going on, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were watching from a distance, while hiding in the bushes. Ready to act, if the guys suffer from anxiety attacks.

"We have to be careful, sugarcube. Who knows, when they will suffer another one from those rotten apples?" Applejack looked closer.

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash agreed.

Soon, demonic voices of taunting can be heard, but Johnny and Dukey tried their best to fight them off. The struggle went on for as long, as they could, all while Cosmic Blaze being oblivious of the situation.

"Not this again..." Rainbow groaned, rushed out of the bushes and loudly spoke to the duo, who were struggling to fight off against their demons. "HEY!!! Stop listening to those voices and fight them off! Come on, you guys are better than them!!! You've been in Equestria for a while and we helped you! Now, it's the time to use our advice to stop this chaos!!!"

"Rainbow's right. Yer better listen to her advice!" Applejack added, when she ran to them.

Thanks to their advice, the duo got some fighting spirit and muted the voices. At least for now. The mares sighed in relief, but knew that the voices would eventually return, when the guys are at their weakest. So they have to step up the defenses.

"Y'all need a lot of courage and self-confidence, so y'all don't get broken so easily." Applejack noted.

"We are trying." The stallions sighed.

"Look, we are trying to help you overcome your trauma, but at least build up some guts to heal yourselves." Rainbow looked at the two.

"Hey, what's going on?" Cosmic Blaze was confused.

"It's a complicated story." Applejack responded to the colt.

"Listen, I know we appreciate your help, but right now, neither Dukey nor I have the courage to fix this messy chaos. It's just the whole event took them away from us." Johnny sighed, when suddenly, they heard a voice:

"Did somepony say 'Chaos'?"

Suddenly, everyone started to float, while chaotic things happened, like random transformations, random appearances and so on. The group started to panic.

"Hey, what's happening?" The navy colt couldn't move a bit.

"DISCORD!!!!!" Applejack and Rainbow Dash yelled in unison, as they immediately recognized the whole chaos and as to be expected or rather unexpected, a....unique creature with many features of several animals and a white beard, appeared out of Johnny's mane, while holding a glass of chocolate milk.

"Thaaaat's me!" Discord posed, while spotlights, which came out of nowhere, shone down on him, alongside a neon sign, saying his name and neon arrows.

"Dude, can you get out of my hair?" Johnny was annoyed.

Discord laughed, as he teleported in front the group with a smile.

"W-who is this....uhm...creature?" Dukey was extremely confused. At that point, he was given a card by the chaotic being.

Discord
Draconequus and spirit of Chaos
Spreading chaotic fun like no tomorrow!

"Well, that's Discord. He always wants some-" But the prismatic mare was interrupted by the draconequss,

"You get the drill, chaotic fun! By the by, you two mares really have some interesting friends. Especially the pony/dog one. I wonder, what happened to him." The spirit of chaos pulled out a magnifying glass out of nowhere and looked at the two stallions, especially the earth pony hybrid.

"As if Pinkie Pie wasn't random enough, Discord is like cranking it up to 1000... Why am I always surrounded by weirdos and oddballs?" The hybrid soon felt annoyed.

"Your card said, you are the so called 'Spirit of Chaos'. Really?" Johnny was sceptical.

"I am! Wanna see me demonstrate my chaotic powers for free?" Discord prepared to use his chaotic powers.

"Discord, that's definitely-" It was already too late. Applejack couldn't convince the chaotic draconequus. First, he turned trees into random objects, whenever into nutcrackers, cotton candy, whatever. Then he turned himself to several forms and outfits like no tomorrow. So many of them, that I'll leave this to your imagination.

"How about this one? Chaotix!" Soon, he snapped his paws and turned himself into a chaotic fairy with sparkly clothes and fairy wings and flew around a bit, before turning himself back to normal.

"Those were only the samples of my endless power of possibilities. If you want, I can actually show you some more!" The spirit of chaos smiled.

"Uhm, no thanks. We're good." Johnny sweated a bit.

"Besides. We now know, what you are capable of. Absolutely everything chaotic." Dukey understood.

"Well, you'll get used it. However, he doesn't mean any harm." Applejack noted. "At least nowadays."

"You see, young ponies...My story was pretty chaotic to begin with. Trying to take over Equestria and spread chaos and disharmony everywhere. But then, things happened, which lead to my banishment twice. However I was given a second chance by Princess Celestia. Almost everypony was sceptical and even angry at me. Almost. There was one pony, who was very genuine about my path of redemption." Discord explained about his past.

"Who would it that be?" Cosmic Blaze asked.

The spirit of chaos used his magic to teleport Fluttershy here. Needless to say, she was surprised.

"Discord! What is happening?" The yellow mare asked.

"Nothing. Just explaining my past to these guys." He pointed at Johnny, Dukey and Cosmic Blaze.

"Oh dear. Anyway, how is your day so far?" She asked again.

"Well, they almost had a mental breakdown, if it wasn't for our interference." Rainbow Dash responded.

"In other words, darn demons trying to break them again." Applejack looked down in disgust.

"Uhm, excuse me? What are you talking about?" Discord asked, but no one played attention.

"What are you talking about? They are fine." Cosmic Blaze smiled.

"On the outside..." Rainbow Dash sighed.

"What are you talking about? Are you saying, that something is not right with them." the young colt soon got irritated, not noticing that Discord is trying to get their attention.

"Well, it's complicated to say at least.." Applejack looked at the pegasus colt.

"Are you seriously hiding something, that I don't know-" Before the colt can finish his question...

"IN CASE, YOU'RE NOTICING, I'M STILL HERE!!!" Discord yelled at a megaphone at the group, causing the earth to shake and the manes and Dukey's fur to poof up.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Discord! I didn't know, you wanted something..." Fluttershy immediately apologised. "Well, it's a complicated story, that caused their lives to be in shambles, until we started to help them. I'll tell you more about the story, when we go to my cottage."

"Speaking of which, I noticed that some animals look...distressed. For example, a bird's nest being broken." Discord remembered. That caused Flutterhsy to panic.

"Oh no! I forgot about the animals!! We need to go now!" She breathed in a quick pace.

"On it! Toodaloo!" Discord snapped his fingers and in the next moment, he and Fluttershy were gone, leaving Applejack, Rainbow Dash and the guys with poofy manes.

"Well, that was.....something..." Cosmic Blaze was confused. The others shrugged.

As the prismatic mare looked at the guys, she tried her best, not to laugh at their poofed appearances, much to their annoyance.

"Rainbow, don't." Applejack glared.

"Sorry. It just.." the blue mare apologised, but giggled a bit.

"Anyway... where am I again? Right. About the-" But Johnny interrupted his little brother, knowing that he was asking about the past. Since Johnny just wants to live his new life in peace, he doesn't want anyone to remind him about the dark age of his life again, so the demons wouldn't attack him later.

"How about we go to the park, so we can have some more fun?" The black pegasus responded.

"Yeah! I mean, we all need some distraction from...well that." The hybrid nervously smiled.

They dragged the young pegasus pony and left.

"Weird..." Rainbow Dash noted.

Meanwhile, Applejack felt like, someone is watching. She looked around, only to peek at a Bush, where High Velocity and Sweet Serenity were hiding. They soon came out, after the southern earth pony found the couple.

"What are y'all doing in the bushes?" She asked.

"We were worried about our son finding about the heartbreaking truth of why we adopted them." The neon stallion sighed.

"Why didn't you tell him about this sooner?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"We can't! Cosmic Blaze is still a young colt! Besides, we are scared, that it would scar and break his heart. And I don't want that, ever since my sister lost herself into the despair and took her own life...." Sweet Serenity soon began to sob. Their confession touched the mares. The blue unicorn had lost her sister from depression, so it's understandable, that she wanted to prevent any more heartache, after she found about Johnny's abuse story, that also ruined Dukey's life too, due to him being a victim as well.

"Hey. Ah understand your concern. It's hard to tell the fillies and colts about stories, that are not supposed to be told to them." Applejack sympathised. She went to the couple and comforted them.

"I'm so sorry....but I don't have the courage and I'm not sure, if Cosmic Blaze can handle the gravity of the tale..." Sweet Serenity wiped her tears, as she looked at the mares.

"Hey. Why not y'all take a walk and collect some fresh air? Pretty good to recollect thoughts and relieve all stress." The southern mare smiled warmly.

"I hope..." The blue unicorn mumbled.

The four ponies began to take a walk. Meanwhile, the couple were still thinking, if they should tell their son the truth or hide it, so he couldn't be broken. It's a tough choice for them, that's for sure.


Ponyville

A trio of young fillies, lead by Apple Bloom, were trotting around the centre, looking for new adventures and helping ponies find their destiny. Accompanying Apple Bloom, there was a white unicorn filly with curly, purple and pink mane and green eyes and a orange pegasus with purple mane and small wings. Those were her friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Together, they were the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Geez, I'm bored.." Scootaloo sighed.

"Don't worry, Scootaloo. I'm pretty sure, it wouldn't last long." Sweetie Belle giggled.

"Alright, Crusaders! There are some ponies, who are still searching for their destinies and their cutie marks and our mission is to help them find their talent!" Apple Bloom told to her friends with confidence and determination.

"Yeah!" Her friends smiled in unison, remembering their mission.

"Let's go, Crusaders!" All three fillies, now filled with excitement and determination, ran off. To help young ponies with blank flanks find their calling.

During which, they helped some fillies and colts and overall having a great time. While running around, they passed a dark alley. That was until Scootaloo stopped and went back to the alley for some reason.

"What's wrong, Scootaloo?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I don't know. There might be something." The pegasus filly looked closer.

"We shouldn't go to dark alleys! Maybe there is a scary monster hiding there..." Sweetie Belle was scared.

"Come on, Sweetie Belle. I'm pretty sure, there is nothing. Besides, we saw worse stuff before." Scootaloo smirked.

"I-I guess..." the unicorn fully calmed down a bit, but still felt worried.

Suddenly, they saw something moving in the rubble.

"There might be some pony! Come on, girls!" The pegasus filly rushed into the alley, with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle following her shortly after. The trio looked around the alley, but they couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

"I can't see anything out of the ordinary." Apple Bloom responded.

"Me too. I'm pretty sure, there is nothing." Sweetie Belle looked at Scootaloo.

"But I saw something moving, I swear!" The pegasus filly sweared the truth, however, they didn't believe it.

"C'mon, Crusaders. Let's leave the alley." Apple Bloom was about to leave with her friends, when all of a sudden, they heard a noise. They looked back, only to see something slowly standing up. Because the figure is so obscured and that the alley was dark, the fillies get scared. Soon, it slowly approached them.

"Hey..." it spoke to the fillies, but the Crudaders responded by running away screaming in fear. "Uhm, why did they run away? Wait a minute, did I just talk!?!?"

The figure looked around for something reflective like a mirror or a puddle. Thankfully, there was a mirror, albeit a slightly broken one, so it rushed to it to see the reflection of itself. It turned out to be a light violet-pink earth pony mare with short purple mane with a lightning bolt on it, however she has the features like a dog, like paws, tail and a purple nose. In shock, the mare screamed at the sight of her form. A scream, that caused the ground to shake and startle the residents.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! How did this even happen to me!??!" The hybrid mare was still panicked. She looked at herself, even turning around, only to discover a cutie mark. A bone and a lightning bolt.

"Hold on! Since when did this appear on my cheeks? I mean, it looks cool, but still!" She looked at her cutie mark again.

Suddenly, she reminded of something important. "Wait! I need to find her! But I don't think, those ponies would welcome me with this look." The earth pony hybrid sighed, because she was worried that her look might scare them off. She looked around for something to hide her identity, only to find a big box.

"That'll do it. Also I'm pretty sure, I can maybe pull this off like I'm in a stealth game or something." She grabbed the box and put it on her, hiding her appearance and began to walk. Thankfully, it had holes on the box, so at least she can see something. Everytime, when someone noticed something, she could stand still. When the coast is clear, she can move. However, it's harder to pull it off in a little town, since there are more ponies out there.

"I hope, this works..." She sweated a bit.

On the other side of the town, Jillian was walking around the houses and other buildings. During her walk, the pink unicorn saw some fillies and colts playing with their fathers and by the looks of it, clearly loved each other so much. But in Jillian's case, back then, her father was just too overprotective and controlling on her. She never had the fun or freedom, back in Veganda. Once she moved to Earth, she did become independent a bit, but still restricted and used by him. The sights of the young fillies and colts having a better relationship with their dads made her emotional, but mad at the same time.

"Uhm, excuse me?" An earth pony mare tapped her with a worried look. But Jillian snapped in anger and yelled: "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT!?!?!?!"

This scared the mare so much and having no control of her emotions any longer, Jillian ran away from the town as fast, as she could. She only stopped at Fluttershy's cottage in order to take a break. It was quite a rough day for her so far. Meanwhile, Fluttershy took care of the animals, with some help from Discord. However, this time, she had to take care of a bird family, who lost their nest from strong gusts of winds. She tried to help them by building new nests, while other animals also helped, but none of which passed their conditions: It should be comfy, have enough room for them and future offspring and should not break.

"Oh dear..." Fluttershy was exhausted.

It was around this time, Jillian went to them for some small talk. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to help the birds by building a new nest for them. Their old one had been damaged by the storm." The yellow pegasus responded in a quiet tone.

"Is that your job?" The pink unicorn asked.

"Yes. I take good care of the animals." Fluttershy warmly smiled.

The pink mare looked around to see several animals in Fluttershy's care. Birds, wolves, snakes, etc. But the one animal, that caught her attention, was a bear. Her eyes widened at the sight and soon got lost in joy.

"Oh my gosh! This bear looks cool! Can I have it?" Jillian grinned.

"Uhm, excuse me?" Fluttershy was confused.

"I swear, I would do anything for this bear! Hell, I can actually help you making a new nest or better yet, take these!" Jillian used her magic to take off her hair bands, one being white with golden sparks and necklace and gave it to the confused pegasus. Taking off her hair bands caused her hair to let loose, all while her eye was twitching.

"Uhm, Jillan..you're scaring me..." Soon, the heroine of Kindness felt very uneasy.

"What? I'm just trying to get the bear!!" Jillian smiled.

"Okay, it's official: You've lost your mind.." Discord was not happy about the pink unicorn's attitude.

"No, I'm not! See? I'm fine!" She widely smiled, while having crazy eyes. Discord went inside of her head to investigate the reason, only to come out coughing out smoke 5 seconds later.

"Yikes! Her brain must be on overdrive and it's probably malfunctioning." The spirit of Chaos coughed. The smoke he coughed, would later be turned into black balloons, floating into the sky. "I wonder, why she is like this..." he thinks. At that point, Fluttershy reminded the night, where Jillian confessed her reason, why she went to Equestria.

"I think, I know why she is like this." She noted.

"What is it, Fluttershy?" Discord was confused. That was until she whispered the answer in his ear, in which his perspective changed.

"I suppose her behaviour matches up with the 5 stages of grief. Right now, she is in a bargaining stage." Discord agreed.

Meanwhile, Jillian looks at the bear with a starry eyes and a slightly creepy smile. At that point, she became so desperatre to get it, even when the animals tried to stop her. However, since she is a unicorn, the green-haired mare used her magic to push everyone out of the way. Soon, even the bear got scared by Jillian's unhinged insanity. But that wouldn't last long, as suddenly, she got strapped to a chair with magical bandages, all while everyone watched. Soon, Discord reappeared in front of the trapped unicorn, while dressing up as a certain Austrian psychiatrist.

"So, what are you feeling in that moment?" Discord asked.

"Like I said, I'm fine!" The pink unicorn barked, but the spirit of Chaos and the heroine of Kindness knew better.

"Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein, nein! Of course, you're not. Your mind is completely messed up. I mean, I looked inside of it and...oof, it was smoking." Discord debunked her claim.

"It's probably because you couldn't let go of your past...." Fluttershy told to the unicorn mare.

"What makes you say that?" The pink unicorn got irritated.

"Well, considering that you've been acting strangely around ponies with their parents, which was one thing I saw in the smoke, that you compared to your own, where that person, known as the 'Dark Vegan', giving you zero freedom and because your friend had vanished, that you were genuinely concerned, unlike him. I suppose all of those factors would give you scars, that would take a long time to heal." Discord wrote down on his notes.

"We're saying this, because we wanted to help you get over the traumatic past. Please, Jillian..." Fluttershy pleaded.

"You all making this up...There is nothing...wrong...with...me..." Her smile slowly turned into a sad frown, all while her blue eyes were filled with tears.

"Do you now get it?" Discord released her from the bandages, allowing Jillian to get up. But her emotions of sadness and loneliness overwhelmed the young unicorn and screamed in agony, before teleporting away.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy was shocked.

"Now, she is in a depression stage.." Discord noted, since Jillian had entered the fourth stage.

"I know...We need to find her quick! I just don't want Jillian to end up like Johnny...." Fluttershy was worried...She didn't want Jillian to attempt suicide, like Johnny. Rainbow and Dukey had told her about the time, where Johnny was found with slit arms, which gave her extra motivation to find the unicorn. With no hesitation, she flew off as fast as she could.

"Fluttershy, wait!" Discord was about to follow the yellow pegasus, when he picked up Jillian's hairband and necklace. After he got everything ready, he followed the path, that Fluttershy took.


In the Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, High Velocity and Sweet Serenity were returning from the walk. At the same time, they met Granny Smith and Big Mac, who were waiting.

"Howdy, y'all!" Granny Smith greeted the group.

"Sup?" Rainbow smiled.

"Ah see, y'all brought some guests there." The elderly earth pony noticed the couple.

"Well, this is High Velocity and Sweet Serenity." Applejack introduced the two to her grandma and her brother. But they noted, that they have concerned looks on their faces.

"Applejack, I've noticed, that they're concerned about something." Granny Smith looked at the orange mare.

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

"Ya see, they currently have a problem." Applejack sighed.

"Why not go inside and tell us all about it?" Granny Smith suggested.

"We really appreciate your sincerity." High Velocity nodded and the group went on the house for some apple pie and some talk.

Inside, while Big Mac is preparing the pies, the, the Apple family and Rainbow Dash got around the table, where the couple was waiting.

"Say, what's the matter, you want to talk about?" Granny Smith asked.

"Well, it's about Cosmic Blaze and if we should tell him the truth, why we adopted them..." Sweet Serenity looked down.

"The truth?" The elderly mare was confused.

"About the whole abuse story." Applejack answered to her grandma.

"It seriously messed them up and one of them even attempted suicide!" Rainbow Dash remembered the unfortunate time, where she found Johnny laying on the ground with cuts on his arms, back in the Everfree Forest.

"Oh dear...It was horrifying..." the elderly pony was shocked at what the prismatic mare just told.

"Indeed, Granny... That's why, we're trying to help them get over their traumatic experience." Applejack comforted her grandmother.

"Anyway, we are afraid, that the story would break his heart, considering how tragic and painful the abuse was." High Velocity looked down.

"He is just a little colt... and we don't have the courage to tell him...." The blue unicorn was filled with tears.

"Ya know, it's best, that y'all better tell him the truth. If ya don't, then he will be clouded with suspicions and lies. And ahm pretty sure, y'all don't want that to happen. " said the elderly mare.

"Of course not! We love him after all!" High Velocity answered.

"Mah sweet Apple Bloom was in a similar situation. She wanted to know about our heritage. We tried to stop her, but it was inevitable, that ah have to tell her the truth about her parents and that she was half pear. For a long time, the Apples and the Pears were rivals. It wasn't until, the Pears wanted to make amends and therefore stopping the rivalry. As for Bright Mac, my son and Pear Butter, well they've since moved on to a better place. Ah had to tell the truth to my grandkids, but we are hopeful, that they'll be watching us." Granny Smith explained.

"Oh dear. I'm so sorry for the loss." Sweet Serenity was touched.

"Sometimes, the young fillies and colts have to learn the truth, that not everything is all sunshine and rainbows. It's part of growing up after all." The elderly mare looked at them.

"I've never thought of this lesson." High Velocity responded.

"Me neither. It does give us extra motivation to guide our son towards maturity." Sweet Serenity thought.

"Speaking of guiding, I need to watch over the guys. Making sure, that they wouldn't go through another episode." Rainbow Dash reminded.

"Go for it, sugarcube." Applejack nodded and the prismatic mare took off, while at the same time, Big Mac came back.

"What happened?" Big Mac asked.

"Rainbow had to go watching over our friends." Applejack answered her brother's question.


As Rainbow dashed through the surroundings, she passed through a giant box, where the hybrid mare was hiding. Due to the sheer speed, the box begin to spin really fast with her inside. Soon, it launched to somewhere, where the spinning took a while before losing its momentum, where the earth pony hybrid came out with a sick expression.

"Nrgh...What just happened?" She asked, when the mare felt her stomach being shaken and stirred. "God, I need to throw up..." The hybrid became green and soon threw up in a Bush. After which, she laid down on the ground, in order to rest a bit.

"Damn...could this day get any weirder?" The mare asked, when unsettling sounds can be heard from the forest. Upon further inspection, the forest emitted a negative aura to anyone close to it.

"Ugh...this forest is surely spooky as hell... I don't know, if I even have the guts to enter." She shook a bit in fear. But after some convincing, she decided to swallow her fears and enter this spooky forest.

"Hello? Anybody?" The hybrid mare muttered, while looking around the fog. The spooky figures were looming all around the forest, all while sounds of owls and other animals can be heard. This forest came exactly out of a horror movie. Suddenly, the mare got scared by a scream.

"Hell no! I'm outta here!!" She was about to leave, when she heard another scream, but this time, it didn't belong to the forest.

"SOMEBODY, HELP ME!!!!" The earth pony/ dog mare heard it loud and clearly. What's worse is, she recognized the voice almost immediately.

"Shit! Hold on, pal! I'm coming!!!" She ran as fast as she could, in order to find the source of the scream, in other words, a pony in peril.

And that pony in peril turned out to be a navy blue pegasus mare with blond mane and a crimson lightning bolt, being chased by a creature, known as a Chimera. She tried to run faster and faster, but due to the thick fog, she soon got disoriented and crashed her head to a tree, where she soon lost consciousness.

"Don't worry, little one. The pain wouldn't take long, while we are feasting on your flesh..." The tiger head was about to bite her, when all of a sudden, it got hit by a log.

"What was that!? Show yourself!!" The tiger head was enraged and looked around, alongside the other heads.

"Hey, stinky! Over there!" A female voice can be heard. The Chimera looked around to find the source of the voice.

"I'm over there, furballs!" The same voice can be heard, but on the other side. Little did they know, that the voice came from the hybrid mare, who was taunting the creature. Chuckling, she continued to go to different spots and call the Chimera out, further confusing the creatures. Due to the fog, it was a perfect opportunity to find the unconscious pegasus mare and took off. Unfortunately, the Chimera spotted the two ponies escaping and gave them chase.

"GET THEM!!!" The snake head was focused on the hybrid mare carrying the pegasus.

"Ah shit...it looks like, I pissed them off... This is gonna be a long afternoon..." she sighed.

The chase kept on going, all while they dodged obstacles and not losing speed. However, it seems like the Chimera was slowly catching up to the two. It seems like, hope is lost, when she saw two trees standing at a tight distance. With no choice, she jumped through the trees, all while making sure, not letting go of the unconscious mare. The creature on the other hand, due to its size, got stuck.

"Haha! So, who's the helpless creature now, huh?" The hybrid laughed, but soon dodged at the snake head trying to bite her. The snake head tried to hypnotise the mare. "Come closer....I promise not to hurt you and your friend..."

"Do you think, you can try to get me with that?" It turned out, that the hybrid had her eyes closed the whole time, thus protecting her from the hypnotic snake. "So long, suckers!" She took off with the pegasus.

"Ok, now I need a way to get out of that spooky ass forest. But which one?" The earth pony hybrid asked and tried to take several paths, hoping that one of them lead them to an exit. It consisted a lot of trial and error, due to the fog being really thick and that each wrong path contain horrid creatures, that they thankfully escaped. There was even one point, where she ran in circles, as she encounted the Chimera still stuck between the trees. After a lot of frustration and a lot of wrong guesses later, they've managed to get out of the forest and went close to a river.

"Phew, close call." She put the unconscious mare down to the ground and looked around for essentials, in order to treat a head concussion. During the search, she found a rag and took it with her. She then made the rag wet and cold and placed it on the head of the blue pegasus.

"Huh, I guess, I became smarter too. I like it." She said, since her new found intelligence were the key of saving their lives from the creatures.

After a long while of waiting and guarding, the blue mare woke up. Her sight was slightly dazed from the concussion.

"Hey, Sissy! Are you okay?" The hybrid looked at her. As soon as the pegasus' sight got sharper, she clearly saw the hybrid and instantly recognized her as her friend, Missy. However, the mare screamed at the sight, in which caused Missy to scream too...and then Sissy passed out.

"Ah, jeez..." the hybrid mare facepalmed and carried the unconscious pegasus closer to the river. She used her paws to collect some water and splash her friend in her face. Because of the cold water, she was immediately woken up.

"Wha? What the? Missy, what happened to you!? You look so strange!" Sissy had so many questions in her head, that needed to be answered immediately.

"Well, it's a funny story." Missy recounted her story of why she became a hybrid.


Ponyville, yesterday...

"Somehow, that portal, that we used, made us separate each other. I ended up arriving near a village.

It showed Missy in her original dog form, falling from a portal near Ponyville. She looked around in this new unknown world. She walked around, only to see ponies everywhere. Ponies doing their jobs, all while fillies and colts played each other fun games.

"I arrived into a world full of ponies!"

The discovery caused the dog to panic, especially without her friend. So she decided to find her by any means necessary. Either by looking for clues or trying to communicate with the other ponies, but they assume, she was a stray.

"Trust me, I looked for you the entire day! And I have to survive at the same time! It was pretty much a battle, not gonna lie. Although, there were kind ponies, who gave me some food and water.

We see some ponies giving her some food and water, so at least she wouldn't starve or suffer from thirst. Even in the night, she kept trying, even howling for confirmation, that Sissy must be somewhere. After feeling weak and tired from the search, she went into a dark alley, where she slept in some garbage.

"Eventually, I was tired...So I had no choice, but to sleep for the next try tomorrow."

The next day...

The female dog woke up and continued her search for her owner. She looked around in places, she missed ot never been there before, when she came across Twilight's Castle.

"It was at this time, I came across a Crystal Tree. But not any crystal tree. It had elements of a castle and looked beautiful. Trust me, once you saw that, your eyes would shine by its beauty. Anyway, hoping to find clues, I went inside, looking around in every room."

She looked around in every single room, without being detected. However, each attempt would leave her empty-handed. When she looked around the Library, the dog discovered something: Potions. Particularly a purple one.

"Naturally, because I was less smarter than I currently am, needless to say...I became curious. And then, an owl came by..."

She jumped to the table and looked closer at the potion, when the sound of an owl can be heard and an owl can be seen watching. Because she was a full dog, her instincts told her to chase the owl. A full cat and mouse like chase scene ensued, in which a lot of chaos was caused. The biggest one is when Missy was trying to jump on the table, where the owl was standing. With no other option, it pushed the potion down to the dog and straight to her mouth, causing her to drink the entire potion. After that misadventure, she ran away from the castle and back to the alley, where she got into the pile for some rest.

"It tasted like shit, not gonna lie. After that chase, I ran off and back to the alley. Because the chase used up my energy, I went back to the pile of junk and fell asleep."

After a while, she was awoken by the Cutie Mark Crusaders and tried to communicate with them. It was at this time, where she felt a massive difference.

"When I woke up, I noticed that not only I've grown twice the size of the original and being able to speak, but also the potion had make me smarter.

And then the whole event from several hours ago played out: Missy discovering her new self, finding her friend, etc.


Present time...

"I swear, if it wasn't for my new found intellect, then you would've been dead by the hands...or rather paws...of that damn Chimera!" The hybrid finished her story.

"Whoa...I don't know, what to say honestly." Sissy was speechless. She couldn't believe, that not only did her dog became more mutated, she saved her life because of that.

"Now here is my question: Why did you decide to go to this world and take me along?" Missy asked.

"Well, I have my own reasons..." Sissy looked down. "But first, we have to find him."

"We could ask some ponies for directions, but I'm not sure, if they would be okay with this." Missy pointed to herself, since her form was completely different to other ponies.

"I don't know. But we have to try." The blue pegasus responded.

"If you say so..." the hybrid sighed and the two went off.


Cosmic Blaze returned to his home after a day of games. But something doesn't seem right to him, like they're hiding something from the navy colt.

"Jeez. What's up with them? They kept a bright smile on their faces and ignoring my questions..." he mumbled, as he was on his way to his room, when the door to their room was open. Filled with curiosity, the pegasus colt went inside. It was filled with a some stuff. Daring Do books, toys, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Nothing strange here. I mean, I also have those Daring Do books. At least some of them..." he noted. He looked around, but nothing indicated of a secret. Exhausted, the pegasus sat down on Johnny's bed.

"Man, is there anything, that points out a secret?" He sighed and lied down, when he felt something uncomfortable under the pillow. By putting the pillow aside, he found the blue diary.

"What's this?" He picked it up. It was new to him. "Usually, my mom and dad wouldn't allow me to read into diaries out of privacy, but since they're not here and I need answers...." the young colt opened the diary, in order to know. The content was pretty disturbing for any young pony to read. Mentions of abuse, self-harm, burnout and depression were featured in a lot of the entries. An uneasy feeling creeped up to the young pegasus, as he looked at the several pages.

"That's so messed up! Who wrote this?" He asked. But the diary didn't mention the name of the owner whatsoever, making this mystery even more confusing. Wanting to find even more answers, Cosmic Blaze took the diary and headed off.

Of course, he had to hide from other ponies, so they wouldn't question him. The young pegasus kept going and going, until he came across the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who happened to help other fillies and colts find their destinies. Recognising them from an event shortly after he moved to Ponyville, the navy colt dropped the diary in a Bush and went to them.

"Hey, crusaders! Remember me?" Cosmic Blaze smiled.

At first, the fillies were confused, but after looking at his face, they recognized him.

"Hey! Aren't you the pegasus, who moved into Equestria?" Scootaloo asked, but with a nod from the colt confirms it. "How's your new life in Ponyville so far?"

"Well, it was quite a ride. A lot of things happened to adjust my new life, like a new school and new ponies, I barely know of. But it also brought out some cool moments, like a new park for me to explore and recently, my mom and dad introduced me to my new big brother! Like isn't that awesome?" Cosmic Blaze told them what happened, after he moved in.

"It seems like, you love this place." Sweetie Belle smiled.

"But, recently there are some secrets, that mom and dad didn't tell me. Heck, when I try to ask them of why, they would find an excuse like expanding the family. Now, I have some evidence in form of this diary." Cosmic Blaze went back and picked up the diary from the bushes, in order to show it to them.

"Do you have an idea, who this belongs?" Scootaloo asked.

"No idea. There is no mention about the name." Cosmic Blaze answered with a sigh.

"But this is someone's diary! You would be in big trouble, if your parents found out about this!" Sweetie Belle was not happy about his decision. "I suggest, you should return it now."

"But if I return it, I will never know the mystery of the whole abuse stuff!" The navy pegasus tried to defend his actions, but that didn't convince the crusaders.

"Why not just read it yourselves?" The pegasus colt threw the diary on the ground in a fit of rage.

"Like I said, we will never-" Unfortunately, Sweetie Belle wasn't able to finish, as Scootaloo started to read the diary.

"Uhm, Girls?" The orange pegasus filly looked at her friends and pointed at the content of the diary. Soon, Apple Bloom started to read it and it sent down a chill in her spine. Eventually, Sweetie Belle, whose curiosity got the better of her, started to read, only to be given a negative aura from it.

"Oh my goodness.." Sweetie Belle was horrified.

"Exactly...." Scootaloo agreed.

"You see, what I mean by messed up stuff?" Cosmic Blaze responded with a straight face.

"Whoever wrote this, must been through a lot..." Apple Bloom felt sorry.

"Those ruffians...Why would they do this?!" Sweetie Belle was in tears.

"No idea. But, I have yet to find the clues to that answer." Cosmic Blaze held the diary close.

"We will help you." Scootaloo and her friends joined.

"That's cool. Together, we will get to the bottom of this!" Cosmic Blaze smiled and went off with the Crusaders. They went around, finding for some clues of this mystery. They went on asking some ponies, but somehow, they knew about the story, thus confirming the young ponies.

"That's odd. Everypony knew the story." Sweetie Belle questioned.

"I know, right? Like someone told the story to them earlier. Here is the thing, did anyone told you about it?" The navy colt asked to the fillies.

"No. Mah family never told me about it." Apple Bloom shook her head.

"Rarity didn't tell me about it either." Sweetie Belle answered.

"I had no idea, since my aunts didn't tell me at all. Like what?" Scootaloo scratched her head.

"Weird..." He thought to himself.


On a beautiful scenery with a cascading waterfall and beautiful flowers, Jillian ran to the fields exhausted and completely messed up. She stood there in silence, as the sunray's shimmer through the clear waters and hitting the waterfalls, creating rainbows. However, it didn't make her happy. In fact, she is not happy at all. After suppressing her emotions for so long and the wounds of the past still being fresh, the pink unicorn finally broke down and burst into tears. Her cries became louder and more broken, as she let all of her emotions out. Later, she heard two voices, calling her by name. Looking back, she saw Fluttershy and Discord running towards her.

"Jillian, are you okay?" Fluttershy asked, but got no response from the broken unicorn.

"Uhm, you dropped these." Discord pulled her hairband and necklace out of nowhere and was about to give them back to her. But Jillian looked away.

"I don't need them...They're basically a reminder of the past... Dad has really gone too far...Ignoring my wishes, oppressing my every thoughts, watching every step and eventually.....taking my mom away from me... You don't know, how much it fucking hurts!!!!!" She yelled, but that didn't phase the two and the heroine of Kindness hugged the mare.

"You need to move on...." the pegasus softly spoke.

"How? It's very hard to do so..." the unicorn looked down.

"I know your pain...being isolated and oppressed is awful. However, that doesn't mean, that your life is over. All you need to do is to let go and focus on the present." Fluttershy spoke.

"It's true. I've been there. When Princess Celestia gave me second chance, I was unsure about the future. Considering my past actions were...let's just say...not morally correct. Everyone hated me, because of those. I was so close to give up, if it wasn't for Fluttershy. She gave me second chance and even helped me rehabilitate, thus changing my destiny. Sure, I still like to spread chaos, but not for evil purposes anymore. It took a long time to get used of the new lifestyle and move on from the past. What I mean is, it's never too late to let go from the past and change your destiny!" Said Discord and together with the butter-yellow pegasus friend, they hugged the unicorn mare and comforted her with embrace. After a while, Jillan slowly regained her confidence and stood up.

"You're right. All I need to do is to forget everything about the past and start over." As her hair is moving from the wind, Jillian had a serious look on her face. "One moment." She teleport away.

"I wonder, what she'll do." Fluttershy wondered, all while Discord, who is holding the necklace and the hair band, had and idea and made these into a nest. "Does that count as a nest?" He gave it to Fluttershy.

"We have to give It to the birds." She answered and both left.

Meanwhile, Jillian teleported somewhere near Ponyville, where she found a pair of scissors laying on the ground. She thought of finding the owner and give it back, but she had a different idea. She went to a cliffside and used her magic to grab her hair and positioned the scissors close to it. She remembered the words, Fluttershy and Discord gave to her, as well as some positive moments with Johnny, Dukey and a few others, before doing the deed. Streaks of hair can be seen falling down.


Back in Canterlot, Cosmic Blaze and the fillies were arriving at the Canterlot Castle, looking around, when the navy pegasus colt found a microphone, which was connected to the speakers. At the same time, the crusaders went to him.

"Did you find something?" Scootaloo asked.

"I found a microphone. Not related to the mystery, but..." He held the microphone tightly.

"Uhm, Cosmic? What are you doing?" Sweetie Belle asked, but to no response. Other than putting the diary down, the colt didn't say anything.

"Cosmic, what are you doing??" Apple Bloom asked him loudly, but again no response.

"Something's not right..." Scootaloo felt uneasy.

"Me too.." Sweetie Belle was scared.

Cosmic held the microphone close fo his mouth and opened the diary to the first page. His mind is now set on something, but he didn't want to tell anyone. He turned the microphone on and was, breathed in and was about to say something, when suddenly....

"NOOOOO!!!!"

They looked back, only to see High Velocity, Sweet Serenity and Applejack running towards to them.

"Apple Bloom! What are y'all doing?!" Applejack was not happy to her young sister.

"Trying to find out, who wrote the stories.." the earth pony filly confessed.

"There is no need to!" High Velocity responded.

"Everyone knew the story, because me and my friends...told them a few days ago. " the orange mare confessed.

"Why!?" Cosmic Blaze demanded answers. But Applejack took a deep breath and responded with: "To help him...the pony, who wrote the diary and suffering an agonising pain of abuse and hatred...." Suddenly, they heard a voice, interrupting Applejack.

"...is me..." It came from Johnny, who happened to overhear the conversation and, knowing that the truth was inevitable, he confessed. "That's right. I wrote the diary, because of the abuse. In fact, I don't originate from Equestria at all."

"Are you serious?" Cosmic Blaze was in disbelief, but Sweet Serenity silently nodded.

"Yes...In fact, the story is the reason, why we adopted him...to give him a happy life and a happy family.....something, that lacked back in his original world... I don't want him to fall into the same fate, like my sister...I'm sorry, if the story broke you...I didn't have the courage to tell you, because I was scared...." The unicorn mare soon cried.

At first, Cosmic Blaze was silent, which sent them alarming signals to his parents. But then...

"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier? I would've helped him. Plus...the story reminded me of a time, I lost a friend because of those bullies..." He looked down. That statement threw the couple off guard.

"There was a time, I was bullied by some jerks, just because I was a blank flank. My friend was also bullied as well. However I didn't tell you, because they threatened me, that if I told them, then they would hurt me even more or even kill me....Eventually, he couldn't take it anymore and left....I found out about his deed from his mom. I was devastated, yet scared...Later, it got worse, until someone interviewed. A brave filly, telling them to get lost and helped me getting back up. Eventually, thanks to her, I became stronger and stronger. I stood up to the bullies and told them to the teachers and some cops. Thankfully, they got what they deserved." He explained his story.

"Oh dear...." Sweetie Belle was touched.

"Oh my goodness...My poor baby..." Sweet Serenity hugged her son in tears, much to his irritation.

"Mom...." He sighed.

"At least, you had someone saving you. If we have the chance of meeting her, we'll thank her for saving you." The neon pegasus smiled.

"Yeah. She was definitely brave." Johnny smiled as well.

"If you wonder, who she is. Well, her name is Golden Heart." Cosmic Blaze added.

It was around the same time, that Twilight and her friends, as well as Dukey, came to the group.

"I swear, if someone tries to hurt you, I'll protect you and even give them a piece of my mind and some butt whooping." Johnny wrapped his wing around his adoptive little brother.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Pinkie Pie was confused.

"It's quite a doozy." High Velocity scratched his head and explained, what happened.

"Wow. That was....quite an afternoon." Dukey was dumbfounded and everyone laughed.

"Together, we will be a strong family." Sweet Serenity smiled and hugged her husband, her son and her adoptive sons in embrace.

Pinkie was about to cry at the sight, when Twilight gave her a box of tissues. The peppy pony grabbed it and used the tissues to wipe her tears away.

The other ponies, headed by Gil, BBB and the hippogriff hybrids in black went to them and smiled.

"The preparations went very well. All we need is some entertainers." Mr. Black reported.

"I can think of Songbird Serenade, since it was planned for her to appear." Twilight assumed.

"Who?" The ponies were confused. They had no idea, who Songbird Serenade is. But before Twilight can explain, Spike ran to her with a letter. The alicorn princess grabbed the letter and started to read it.

"What!?!" Twilight was shocked.

"What's up?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well, Songbird's planned appearance was scrapped, due to a controversy..." Twilight explained.

"What controversy?" Rarity asked.

"I....don't know. There aren't any details about it." The princess of Friendship answered.

"That's great! Who's gonna fill her spot!?" Rainbow Dash was frustrated.

"I can think of one. I've heard, that a band of four stallions, named 'Star Time Rush', needed a spot for their concert." Spike suggested.

"I'll contact them!" Twilight teleported away.

"Hey, guys!" A voice can be heard and it came from Jillian, but her look was different. Her hair is now short and is wearing a new golden necklace with gems and pearls and even a new headpiece.

Everyone was stunned by her new appearance. Gil was basically frozen especially.

"Whoa....Jillian...you look..different." Johnny was speechless.

"I decided to start over and let go from my past. And what better way to do that is with a new look." The pink unicorn smiled.

"Speaking of which..." Starlight was reminded and gave High Velocity and Sweet Serenity a box. Once they opened it, they found a dream catcher inside.

"What's this?" High Velocity asked.

"It's a dream catcher. It allows to let the good dreams through and catch the bad ones." Mr. Harm answered.

"It would be good to at least help them to sleep well." Starlight added.

"I think, it's a good idea. We'll hang it in their room." Sweet Serenity agreed.

After Eugene slapped Gil back to reality, the group were about to go to the centre of Canterlot to spend the remaining afternood, when suddenly.

"Hey, Test!"

Johnny groaned, as he instantly recognized the voice. And fair enough, when everyone looked to the left, they saw Sissy...being out of breath.

"What do you want?" He snarled. "Did you came here for revenge? To make fun of me? To at least humiliate me for something, I did!?!?" He always interrupted the pegasus mare of saying something. Eventually, she lost her patience and snapped.

"JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!!!!" She yelled. "I did not come her to humiliate you or anything...."

"Then what is it!?" Johnny soon got angry, but BBB assumed with: "She is trying to redeem herself with an apology. That's the most likely answer."

"What!? Are you serious?" The black pegasus was in denial, but this is when the dark blue pegasus confessed her reason.

"He's right." She responded.


Porkbelly, a few days ago...

We see Sissy walking around the town, when news of Johnny's disappearance got out and spread like wildfire. At first, she was in disbelief and thought that it was only a prank.

"When I found out, that you vanished, I didn't believe in those news, assuming that you were pulling off a prank."

She ignored it and continued her day as usual, but something was definitely missing from her. Even Missy felt the same thing, since Dukey also disappeared at the same time as Johnny.

"Well...on the outside it seems. It's a different story on the inside, like something is missing."

The next day, she used her skateboard to traverse around the area, when she bumped into Eugene, who happened to take a walk.

"Ow!" She groaned in pain.

"Hey, watch where you going!" The young rich kid rubbed his head. The girl noticed the flyers scattered on the ground, which were missing posters.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Don't you see? Helping out the search for Johnathan, duh!" He responded.

"Why would anyone see this as a big deal? It's probably just an elaborate prank from him. I'm pretty sure, at any point, he would say 'Gotcha!' To everyone." Sissy shrugged. But Eugene didn't buy it, since he got dark.

"You don't even have a clue of what's going on..." He snarled.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Sissy felt uneasy, during which her dog growled.

"You'll see...the truth will be very ugly..." the rich boy left, leaving the two confused.

"Back then, I had no idea, what it meant..."

"Weird..." She sighed and continued riding on her skateboard with Missy following her almost immediately.

"...until that fateful day."

A few days later...

The blonde girl was playing with her phone in a park, with Missy playing with other dogs. Everything was normal, until her phone started to glitch. Confused and dumbfounded, she tried to fix the issue, but with no success. Suddenly, a video started to play. After the introduction from a being called "The Shadow", a compilation of Johnny being abused, hurt, shouted and blamed on a daily basis, including the recent footage of his parents trapping Dukey and giving him to a guy from the animal shelter.

"Oh my god...no...this can't be real! This has to be some sort of sick joke!" Sissy was still in denial. She hoped, that Johnny would jump out and shout "Gotcha!" At her for that prank. Unfortunately, it didn't happen and it got worse, where the second video started to play. Same abuse here, except it's in his school and he's being bullied with nobody helping him. What caught her eye was in some footage, she was seen as one of the many students making the problem worse. At this point, everything came crashing down to her.

When Missy came back and noticed her owner being in a state of shock, she tried to comfort her, but the whole shock and guilt caused the girl to scream loudly. A scream so loud, that it caused a minor earthquake.

Many people noticed her scream and gathered around her. Unfortunately, since many people watched the second video, they instantly recognized the girl and started to shout and throw stones at her.

"You monster!" One citizen shouted loudly.

Sissy took her dog and ran away from the crowd. However, she kept getting attacked by shouts, insults and stones from angry people. The amount of pain and humiliation started to increase very quickly. Soon, she couldn't get the insults from her head, all while dodging the people, some of them tried to take Missy away from her. Eventually, the girl just couldn't take it anymore and ran as fast as she could, leaving Porkbelly hurt and in tears. As soon she arrived in a deserted area, she broke down in tears. Missy, also hurt from the stones, tried to comfort her.

"I'm sorry, Missy....but I just can't take it anymore..." Her blue eyes were filled with tears.

"I was so ashamed and humiliated to even go back to Porkbelly. Even to my mom, since she would be so disappointed of me because of the actions...At this point, there is no return in this one..."

Missy barked and hopped on her lap, hoping her comfort would at least cheer her up. It kinda worked, but it was a hollow feeling. It was around this time, she saw a group of people with moles and bees heading to a base. It turned out, she was close to Area 51.1! Out of curiosity, the girl picked up her dog and ran inside, while of course hiding from everyone. After looking around, she overheard a countdown, she assumed, it was a bomb. But Missy jumped out and went to the source: A portal counting down. Sissy followed her and at first, she was confused as of why her dog brought her here. But when she saw the display, showing Johnny's current location: Equestria.

"When I saw the information, that you're in a place, called 'Equestria', suddenly, a decision was made..."

"Missy...I think, it's time." She picked her dog up and started to dash in a blur. As the countdown almost reached zero, she managed to jump into the portal at the very last millisecond.


Equestria, present

"The reason, why I came here is to say.....I'm sorry...." Sissy was in tears, when she looked at Johnny. "I was such an idiot....not knowing my actions or inactions would cause consequences... and I didn't realise until it was too late..."

Johnny didn't say a single word. He was still sceptical to her, given the circumstances. But Eugene and Rarity didn't share the scepticism.

"We are truly sorry for the whole ordeal, you've been through. But me and my friends will help you find some forgiveness and also happiness." The white unicorn smiled and grabbed the navy mare's hoof.

"Rarity!!" Johnny shouted, but his ear was pulled by BBB, via his unicorn magic.

"Hey! Give her some time to prove herself for redemption!!" Eugene was not happy about the black pegasus' behaviour.

"Wait, where's Missy?" Dukey asked. That was until he heard a voice: "Over there, mutt!" When the stallion hybrid looked around, he saw her, being turned into a hybrid as well. Needless to say, the amount of shock and disbelief made Dukey faint.

"Oh come on!!" Missy was annoyed. She grabbed a nearby bucket of water and threw it to the brown earth pony hybrid, waking him up. "Seriously, you are just as dramatic as ever..."

"What did you say?!?!" Dukey growled, but Applejack broke up the two, before a fight even began.

"Alright, y'all need to stop!!" She shouted.

"Did she too became mutated?" He wanted an answer from this question.

"Well, idk. I drank a portion and than this happened!" Missy answered.

At the same time, Twilight returned.

"Okay, everypony. What's going on- W-WHAT!!??!" When she saw the hybrid mare, her jaw dropped.

"Here we go again..." Spike sighed.

She inspected the hybrid very closely, even to the smallest detail of change. Much to Missy's annoyance. Eventually, she came up with a conclusion: the hybrid potion was a success!

"It worked!! You are a hybrid! But I don't know, which one you drank..." Twilight didn't know, which version is the one.

"Twilight, do you remember the colors of the potions?" Starlight asked.

"I do! Green means temporary and purple means....oh dear. SHE DRANK THE PERMANENT ONE!!!!" The princess was in absolute shock and shouted. But since she was too close to Missy, she shoved the purple alicorn away.

"Get away from me!! Jesus Christ...." she growled.

"Uhm...how do you feel?" Zizrar asked to Missy, in which she responded: "Much smarter and more sassy. Since it's a permanent one, I have to get used to it. I mean, hell! I saved her life for crying out loud!"

Tensions rise between Johnny and Dukey and Sissy and Missy. Rainbow Dash and Applejack groaned.

"Okay, that's enough!" Twilight used her magic to separate the duos away.

"This has been quite an interesting afternoon." The General marked.

"Yep." The men in black agreed.

"Let's just go to sleep! It has been quite a messy day! Besides, we'll sort it out tomorrow." Jillian commented.

"Good point." Starlight agreed.

"Sweetie, I have put a dream catcher in your room, which would keep the bad dreams away." Sweet Serenity told to Johnny about the dream catcher.

"Not sure, if that would work.." Johnny was unsure.

"Princess Luna helped us creating that special dream catcher." Twilight noted.

"Besides, different world, different rules. Right?" Gil asked.

"We'll see about that." BBB answered.

"Hang on, where will we live?" Missy asked.

"We'll manage." Rarity answered.

"Let's all just hope for the nightmare to be over with..." Fluttershy hoped.

"We all do hope, Fluttershy. We all do." Dr. Beebles also hoped for a happy ending.


Meanwhile, in a maximum security prison in a different universe...

Everything was as usual. All prisoners were sleeping with the guards guarding them without any fail.

Suddenly, the alarm went off. The guards went to the cause, only to see two prisoners trying to escape.

"They're trying to escape! Stop right here!!!" A guard shouted and pointed his weapon at them. What they didn't know, is that their powers got increased somehow and managed to overpower the guards, knocking then off like bowling pins. They ran to a wall, breaking it through and soon, they escaped prison.

Why would they escape? What is their motive? I don't know, but I have an uneasy feeling about this.....


To be continued...

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! Damn writers block...

For the upcoming Friendship Festival, I decided to replace Songbird Serenade with four stallions, based on Big Time Rush. Why? Well, Sia's movie "Music" gained a lot of controversy from the autism community, myself included. Not to mention, Sia herself was pretty much toxic to autistic people, which I definitely do not approve.

And also, I made Missy as an hybrid, because I wanted to change up the game. If Missy has a voice, I could imagine her being voiced by Romi Dames. Just saying.

Also, I made up some pony names for some.

Jillian = Natural Spark
DR. Beebles: Honeycomb
Sissy: Crimson Bolt
Missy: Zapped Bone
BBB: Rich Diamond (or maybe Shimmering Gem? Idk)

For Gil , Brain Freezer and Mr. Harm, maybe you can come up with some. Maybe for Brain Freezer "Frozen Glacier?" Idk.


Johnny and the gang were slowly achieving peace in their new lives, despite the hiccups, not knowing that there is someone, managing to get to Equestria, alongside with an ancient evil returning...
At the same time, an old friend would visit Equestria, not knowing about what's to come.

Find out next time on Chapter 11: Reliving the Nightmare!