• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 4,702 Views, 153 Comments

The Lost Mercenary - A TES/FiM Story - DemonRykuKyuubi



Ra'zaan, a Khajiit mercenary working out of Cyrodill, goes on a trip he won't soon forget!

  • ...
10
 153
 4,702

Chapter 3 - A Revelation



The group was traveling down a long road towards Canterlot Castle. It had taken a few hours by train (which the ponies had to coax Ra'zaan onto, as he was less then happy to get on a large moving anything), but they were well on their way to talking with Princess Celestia. Twilight had written a letter to the princess telling her of the ponies' discovery, and Royal Guards had met them at the train station to 'escort' Ra'zaan to the castle.

"Is it really necessary to have all of these guards, Twilight?" Ra'zaan said, obviously worried.

"Well, no, I don't really think..."

"By order of the Princess, the creature called Ra'zaan is to be taken directly into the castle. No detours." One of the Royal Guard said, cutting Twilight off mid-sentence.

"With all due respect sir, Ah reckon we could a just taken 'im there ourselves." Applejack said, holding back her annoyance.

"No exceptions. We have been ordered to take him with us, you are free to go where you please." The guard retorted coldly.

"We'll stay with him. We did get him into this after all." Twilight said defensively.

The remainder of their trip was very quiet. Twilight looked at Ra'zaan as they walked. She could tell he was worried; his stone face had a glimmer of anxiety shining through. Inside his head, Ra'zaan thought about what was going on. "The Princess sends guards to get me... just great... what have I gotten myself into now?" He looked around the city. Canterlot was much better looking than Ponyville in his eyes. It was still as sickeningly colorful as Ponyville, but had a different feel.

As they neared the gates, Ra'zaan saw just how many guards there really were. It seemed like there was one around every corner. He'd thought he could get away from or beat the four that had showed up at the train to fetch him before. He knew he didn't have a chance now. They walked up the steps to the castle. After a long walk down a large hallway, they came to a throne room. Princess Celestia and her sister Princess Luna sat side by side at the top of a set of stairs.

"You may take your leave now, guards." Celestia said calmly.

"But your Highness, this man could be danger--"

"I said you may leave. This man has been with Twilight this entire time, so we've got nothing to worry about. Otherwise she wouldn't have asked to bring him here. Isn't that right, my faithful student?" Celestia had quieted the guard.

Twilight answered softly. "Yes Princess. Something strange is going on. We found Mr. Ra'zaan here out in Everfree Forest, and he has no idea how to get back to his home, which is called... what was it again Ra'zaan?"

"Cyrodill, your Highness. A land that apparently doesn't exist in this world." Ra'zaan said. His voice had changed back to normal after he had seen that the Princess only wanted the guards as a precaution, which was understandable.

"Well, then. I'd like to hear everything that's happened up to the point you found yourself in Equestria."

"As you wish. I had accepted a mission from Cyrodill's Mage's Guild..."



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Meanwhile, back in the Everfree Forest:

The five creatures, led by Golam Faram, walked slowly through forest. Golam is a Dark Elf*. dark, blue-tinted skin, tall, lean, black-colored and trimmed hair, and a stone face. His group comprised of a short, middle-aged Nord* woman with short, blond hair and an angry look to her face. A young, medium built Breton* man with brown eyes and a worried look on his face. Another Dark Elf, this one was a younger woman that was tall with the same dark skin as Golam, but had an excited, happier face than her colleagues. Last but not least, there was an older-looking High Elf* man with white hair and a face much like Golam's.

"Mr. Faram, where are we going? Do you have any idea where we are?" The Nord woman said, sounding very irritated from walking a long distance.

"Calm and quiet yourself, Ysura. We must focus on what we need to do now. It seems the teleport spell we designed worked well, and we are in fact in a different realm. Halius, you know the Clairvoyance** spell do you not? Use it, it may lead us somewhere to get us started.

"Yes, sir. The High Elf said obediently. He cast the spell, and a thin golden glowing mist formed and lead them forward. "I can't do this for a long time, so I hope we aren't going far."

"Quit your complaining, old man. We've already done the hardest part of getting here, so this should be easy!" The Breton said. Halius just grumbled to himself.

"Leave him be, Kynan, you know this trip has been draining for all of us." The cheerful Dark Elf woman said.

"Good point, Nadene. Everyone settle down, we must stay focused here. Whatever we find here will be ours, even if we must take it by force!" Golam announced.

The group followed the golden path for a while, talking about their ordeal as they continued.

"I still can't believe that Khajiit killed all four of the apprentices. They really didn't stand a chance!" Kynan laughed.

"If it weren't for their being there, we may all be dead now. Then our plans would be ruined." Ysura growled, showing her annoyance for the youngest member of their group.

"Can you two quit bickering and just walk? Please?!" Golam was more annoyed now than he would admit.

Unbeknownst to Golam, his annoyance had been sensed, and everyone quieted. No one talked for the rest of their walk. The path seemed to stretch on endlessly, and the strain of the spell could now be visibly seen on poor Halius. He was breathing heavily - panting really - and slowing in pace a little. He tried hard to hide it, but the pure relief escaped onto his face as they neared the edge of the forest. The rest of the group saw it, but continued on, not wanting to anger their less-than-happy leader. They exited the forest and saw a very colorful town just a short distance ahead of them. Golam motioned to Halius, telling him he could relax. The exhausted High Elf collapsed on the ground and caught his breath. Over two hours of casting the same spell can wear you down, after all.

"Alright, spread out and see what we're up against. Tamriel may be too much for us to handle, but let's see if we can't take control of this new world!" An evil grin appeared on Golam's face.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"...And that's when these ponies 'surprised' me on the cliff side." Ra'zaan finished.

"Do you have that written down or something? You said it with almost EXACTLY the same words!" Rarity pointed out.

Celestia smiled and looked at Ra'zaan curiously for a few moments. Even she had never seen something like him. Finally, she said,

"You've been through a lot in the past two days, haven't you, Mr. Ra'zaan? While killing and several of the other jobs you'd normally take aren't allowed her in Equestria, I'm sure we can find something for you to do while we try to figure this out."

"Thank you, Princess. I'm quite sure the mage Golam Faram and his team were the only ones who knew how this happened, though. Mercenary work is all I really know, but I'm sure I can do odd jobs to keep busy." Ra'zaan said with doubt in his voice. "So, what else should I know about this land? Equestria was it?"

"Our land is peaceful and calm, for the most part. Villages dot the land and major cities like Cloudsdale and our city here in Canterlot are few and far between. You've met the three varieties of ponies, bit there are also griffons, zebra, buffalo, and many other species. The creatures that live high in the mountains are scarcely seen and never very happy to see anyone. These creatures are called dragons. They sleep most of the time, but when awakened they often attack." The Princess was about to continue but saw a look of fear spread across the Khajiit's face. "What's wrong, something I said mean something to you?"

Ra'zaan only managed a stutter. "Dr-dragons?! Here in th-this p-place t-too?! Oh Talos, will they never vanish?";l

"Do you have experience with dragons Mr. Ra'zaan?"

"In my world, on the continent of Tamriel, Dragons have ravaged the land for over fifty years now, ever since they were reawakened..."

"Well, there's no need to worry about these dragons. They are mostly docile unless provoked."

"Alright, if you say so... That is, yes, your Highness!" Ra'zaan corrected himself.

"Let's go out and get you some new clothes! The ones you're wearing are... ATROCIOUS at best." Rarity said.

"And I'd like to see some of your skills! Can you show me sometime?!" Rainbow asked.

"Calm down, my little ponies. You've got all the time in the world. Go around Canterlot and enjoy yourselves." The Princess smiled as she used her magic to open the exit door.

"You heard the Princess! Let's go have fun!" Pinkie screamed as she bounded out the door.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The five rogues had all gone into the town from different areas. They didn't want a fight if they didn't need one, so instead they just strolled into town casually. Golam went in on the main road, and headed directly through it, towards the center. As he walked, he surveyed the area. What he saw he was not ready for. This was a very cheerfully-colored village, filled with... ponies?! The residents of the town looked upon Golam with a mix of curiosity and terror. They'd already seen one creature that sort of looked like this one, but they still were very cautious around there 'visitor'. Golam wasn't sure what to think of them either.

"Ahem, can any of you understand me?" He asked with a calm but serious voice.

One of the ponies stood up and whispered nervously, "Y-yes, w-we understand you j-just fine... Why are you here?"

He looked at the female pony that had answered him in confusion for a moment. Then, after he had taken in that they could talk, he pondered something to himself. "If they can talk, then they'd be intelligent enough to be useful to us. Better just lie for the time being."

"Just curious about where I am, that's all, little pony. Can you tell me?"

"Why, you must be just like the other creature that came through here! He was lost as well! You're in Ponyville, a village in a Equestria!" Another villager said loudly.

"Other creature? What did it look like?

"It stood on two hooves like you, but had fur and looked kinda like a cat! I think I overheard Pinkie say something about his name being Ra'zaan."

Golam froze up. The Khajiit that had mortally wounded him and killed four of his apprentices had not only survived the teleportation, but had even landed relatively close to his own group's landing area. "Calm yourself, Golam, he could be miles away by now, and we'll have plenty of time to deal with him later..." His composure intact, he left with a simple "Thank you for your time, miss."

The others in his group all found out the same thing Golam did, and all had different reactions. Halius just sighed and walked down the road without so much as a thought. Nadene laughed at the thought of meeting the Khajiit again. She had respect for him after their little 'confrontation' the previous day. Ysura gave a enraged yell, then quickly shut herself down, not wanting to scare the ponies she was hoping to conquer. They had been nervous anyway. Last of all was Kynan, who's normal sarcastic side was gone and now there was only fear setting in. He may have made light of the deaths of the apprentices earlier, but he had seen them fall to the Khajiit with ease. He knew he couldn't stand alone against him.

The quintet met at the center of the town, swapping information they'd gathered. The group had gotten quite the audience from the quiet town; over half of it was surrounding the area where they'd sat down to rest and talk in.They weren't too happy about their audience either because they wanted to plan out their plot to take over.

"We appreciate the fact that you interested in out little group, but can we please have some space? We'd like to discuss something, if you wouldn't mind." Golam said in his most sincere voice.

The crowd cleared out and they were left to think. They began passing ideas back and forth.

"We could try to get them to listen to us. They must be fairly easy to trick I'd think!" Nadene said happily.

"That's what you said about the Orc tribe we tried to take over last year! We all know how well THAT went." Ysura said angrily.

Halius laughed. "Heh, my back still hurts from that night. Anyway, how about we just ---"

"We could just blast them into submission! Kill a few and they'll listen!" Kynan nearly yelled aloud.

Golam silenced Kynan. "Your rough and reckless nature will only serve to get you killed, boy. What were you saying, Halius?"

"How about we just find a few of the important members, at least at first, and use Ysura's new mind control spell on them?" Halius said proudly, happy that the youngest member had been put in his place.

"That may just work. How does that sound, Ysura?" their leader asked.

Ysura smiled. She'd been waiting for a chance to try this. "Sounds good to me, and I know just the pony to use it on. On my way here, I met the 'Mayor' of this little village. I guess she's the leader, at least locally."

"Good. Get it done. Our plans shall go into action as soon as possible! Ponyville will be our first conquest!" Golam cheered.

It took a good two hours for the small group to find the mayor again, and another half an hour to get her secluded, but they got her and used the spell. This was going well, so far. Maybe they might just pull this whole thing off.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The group of seven, led by Twilight, were walking back towards the castle. Rarity had made Ra'zaan some new clothes, which were an orange collared shirt and black pants to match his fur. Both articles of clothing had orange citrine and black onyx gemstones***. He had also given Rainbow her wish, and the small cut on her cheek was evidence of that. It had been put there when Ra'zaan misjudged a spinning knife and sword strike. Rainbow didn't care either way though, because she'd gotten to see how Ra'zaan fights. They'd eaten lunch, given him a tour of the city, and even explained why they had strange pictures on their flanks - their cutie marks. It had been about noon when they left, and it was going on four in the afternoon. Today, nothing seemed like it could go wrong...

Back in the castle, Princess Celestia sat, bored and tired, on her throne. She heard the door sweep open and watched as the six ponies and the Khajiit walked in.

"How was your day, my little ponies? Uh, and my not-so-little Khajiit?" The Princess joked.

"Very nice, thank you, Princess." Ra'zaan said happily, surrounded by his new-found friends.

He'd relaxed a great deal since that morning. He was still cautious of new things, but that was normal for a well-trained fighter. Twilight started a chat about something regarding the 'elements of harmony' with the Princess, so Ra'zaan decided to think over something in his head that he'd been pushing away for a while now. That thought that he'd forgotten something... but what? The mission had failed. he'd been transported to a new world by a strange ritual, and the other people that were caught up in it... were... "Oh, by the Nine, how could I not see this sooner?!?!"

"Um, Princess...I might have forgotten to mention something earlier..." Ra'zaan said sheepishly.

"Well, what is it, Ra'zaan?" Celestia asked.

"About the people involved in my ending up here, they ---"

Before he could finish, a loud bang was heard as three Royal Guard burst into the throne room.

"Your Highness! An urgent message from the guard you sent into Ponyville! Five more creatures that are similar to him(They pointed at Ra'zaan) are trying to get the people of Ponyville to work for them! They want the city to be theirs, whether anyone has a say or not it seems! The Mayor is already taking their orders!" The guards yelled simultaneously, pointing at Ra'zaan for a moment.

"Calm down. Twilight, take Ra'zaan and your friends to Ponyville first thing in the morning and see what's going on." The Princess said seriously.

"But Princess Celestia, we could get there tonight!" Twilight said, showing irritation.

"You must stay. If you go now, I't will be dark when you get there. You'll want it to be light so you can see what's happening more clearly."

"B-but..." Twilight started, then quickly changed her mind and said, "'sigh', Alright, lets go to our rooms for the night girls. You too Ra'zaan."

Ra'zaan followed, knowing that from what he'd just heard, his nightmare had come true before he'd even voiced it. Golam was alive, and his true plan was only just beginning...

TO BE CONTINUED



(The Races* - Nord - Humans that are strong and stubborn. They are more skilled at melee combat normally, but some are mages. Breton- Humans that are normally calm and collected. They are very skilled in magic. Dark Elf - Elves with dark skin and, like most elves, are magically oriented. High Elf - Elves with strong magical abilities. Usually they see themselves as better than other races, but some can be loyal and kind.)

(Clairvoyance** - This is a spell used in The Elder Scrolls that shows a path for the player while they are using it. The path leads to the player's current objective.)

(Citrine and Onyx Gemstones*** - These are two real gemstones that are orange and black for the most part. I wanted to add a 'Rarity' touch to Ra'zaan's clothes.)