• Published 26th Aug 2012
  • 1,794 Views, 32 Comments

I'm a WHAT NOW?! - Neospace0900



This is the story of a person who has never heard of MLP who magically wound up in Ponyville as a unicorn who tries to figure out why this happened.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,794

An Audience With a God

Chapter 6: An Audience With a God

"And so I ran over to Dr. Redcross's house and stayed with them until my parents got home," summarized Tiger Lily. "Blue Shield was devastated. Before I told her, I honestly didn't think one pony could cry so much." Recalling these events caused her to shed a few tears, leaving a small puddle on the ground.

Gingersnap sat in awe, trying to digest both her story and the now-empty plate of hay fries. Eventually, he brought himself to speak. "That just about confirms it; Nightshade is definitely a part of this. I think it's also safe to say he's alive, too."

She sniffled. "Do you really think that?"

"Of course I do. According to you, Flapjack said that it's his turn to summon the goddess because he isn't able to anymore. He would be alive to do that, don't you think?"

She put her hoof up to her face and thought about it for a few seconds. "Yeah... I guess that makes enough sense. And now that the day of judgement is going to happen soon, he's probably the one trying to cast the spell. I just hope this thing is good for Equestria."

"I doubt it. If you told your story exactly the way it happened, then Flapjack's evil monologue probably means the day of judgement is something we want to avoid at all costs. That is, if this world is to survive."

"But Nightshade would never do something like that!" she interjected. "He's not like that. The only way he'd purposefully do something bad was if it was to protect the people he loves!"

"If he wouldn't do it himself, maybe he's being forced to do it," Gingersnap suggested. "If I can learn how to make a giant encyclopedia float in midair within half an hour with no prior experience, I'm sure they could force him to summon a goddess within seven years."

"Who is this goddess anyways?"

"That there's the million dollar question right now. I honestly don't know. I think that if this goddess is summoned, this 'Equestria' place is doomed for sure. I could be wrong about that, though."

Tiger Lily sighed and lowered her head. She glanced at the window and noticed that night had arrived while they were talking. "Is it really that late?" As if on cue, she let out a loud yawn. "I should go to bed. I don't think Dad would be too happy if he found us alone in the same room."

"I take it he doesn't trust me very much."

She nodded. She then got up to leave. "Sundays are big days for markets, so we're going to do some major shopping. Try to study a little bit before you go to sleep. It would be better for us if you could blend in as much as possible." As she reached the doorway, Gingersnap stopped her.

"Don't worry about your brother. I'll make sure he makes it out of this OK."

She didn't turn around, although he could tell that she was smiling. "Thanks. Good night."

"G'night." Tiger Lily went back to her own room and shut her door. Gingersnap climbed onto his own bed and tried to get comfortable. After rustling around with the blankets for awhile, he simply gave up and tossed them onto the floor. Noticing how dark it was, he picked up the magic book and flipped through the pages.

Let's see... teleportation, walking on clouds, gravity, Ah! Illumination spells. This ought to help me study. He looked over the instructions for the spell and was delighted to find the same steps as before. The only real difference was that he was trying to create light instead of levitating something.

He closed his eyes to help himself concentrate. As he slowed his breathing, the world disappeared around him. He tensed up for a moment as he tried to cast the spell. When he thought he had completed the spell, he opened his eyes. He looked up to see a small, blue light that lit up the room emanating from his horn. Pleased with the results, he reached over and grabbed the encyclopedia, which had landed on the bed after attacking the wall.

As fun as some of these other spells look, I really need to look up a few things. With that, he flipped through the pages until he found Equestria. The several-page entry mostly consisted of maps and historical events, as well as cultural details and the government systems in place. After reading the first paragraph, he understood that Equestria was a large country under the rule of Princess Celestia. Most of the inhabitants were ponies, but creatures like dragons and manticores also lived there.

Naturally, he also wanted to look up what a cutie mark was. Let's see here: A cutie mark is a symbol that appears on a ponies flank when they realize the thing that makes them unique. This usually involves a pony's special talent. The book then gave some example of famous cutie marks.

Special talent, eh? If that's the case, my cutie mark would definitely be a video game controller or something like that. I don't know anyone else who would even try a three-heart run of Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Even if they did try, I doubt they could finish with three bottles and only four game overs. He looked at his flank, only to find that nothing happened. I guess video games don't count in Equestria. I'm sure I'll figure something out eventually.

The next thing he looked up was the day of judgement. Unsurprisingly, no such day was detailed. Out of ideas, he opened it to the first page and started reading. Studying almost always made him tired, so by the time he finished reading about alicorns, he was more than ready to fall asleep. He shut the book and placed it on the chair. He stopped his spell and shut his eyes. He managed to fall asleep rather quickly.
________________________________________________________________________________

Usually when Gingersnap dreams, it's something completely random, causing him to forget within minutes of waking up. This time, however, he found it to be rather realistic.

He found himself in a very white office. The walls, furniture, and decorations were all so white he was almost blinded. Taking a quick look at himself, he saw he was still a pony.

Even in my dreams, I can't escape these ponies. But aside from that, where am I?

"I think I can answer that question," echoed a loud voice. A door from behind a desk opened, revealing a nicely-dressed man. His tuxedo was jet black, allowing others to see crumbs from what was likely his last meal. He sat down in a comfortable looking chair and faced Gingersnap. "This is where certain issues, like that of your own, are taken care of, m'kay?"

The man in front of him looked human, although he was much taller than the people he knew from his world. He assumed he looked tall just because he was a pony. "So you're saying you can do something about this?" He motioned toward his pony self.

"Something like that can be fixed, but it's going to take some time, m'kay? Correcting dimensional anomalies can take quite some time."

"Wait a minute. What's this about dimensional anomalies?" asked Gingersnap.

"Well, someone or something has been trying for a little over seven Earth years to contact one of us. More recently, they've been getting close to bringing her from this world to their world. This has been causing problems all over the multiverse, m'kay? When we get around to correcting one anomaly, another one shows up."

After trying to process the information he just heard, he said, "So I just drew the short straw in this dimensional thing, right?"

"That's one way of putting it, yes." He then pulled out a clipboard with what appeared to be some kind of contract on it. "I'm going to need you to sign these papers here."

He eyed the papers which were written in an unfamiliar language. "Just what are these papers?"

"If you sign these, we'll be able to put you back in your own world when these get processed. I'm going to need you to use your name from Earth, m'kay?"

Excited by this, he levitated a pen from a cup on the desk and started signing the papers. Trying to pass the time and satisfy his curiosity, he asked, "What are you people, anyways?"

"We are beings that possess immense amounts of power and an understanding of the multiverse, m'kay? Simply put, we are like gods and goddesses."

Gingersnap stopped writing. "So if you wanted, you could potentially destroy a world?"

"There are only a few of us who could do something like that, and they would need a pretty good reason, m'kay? Destroying a world could mean a whole lot of displaced spirits, and that means more work for me."

"I think I know who's been trying to summon one of you."

"Then stop them. We may be powerful, but we can't leave this world without being summoned, m'kay? I'd take care of this quickly, though. I don't think Justice will stay here for too much longer."

I think I'm starting to understand this. Flapjack wants to summon the goddess, who's name is apparently Justice, to destroy a world. His attempts to do so resulted in my arrival in Equestria. But what if I leave before I can fix this? "Just how long will it take for me to be sent back home?"

"It will take a few Earth days to get it processed, m'kay? Once we are ready to bring you home, we will ask if you're ready to go. Should you find that you like the world you found yourself in, you will be allowed to stay, naturally. Just know that this is a one-time offer, m'kay?"

Unable to think of anymore questions, he finished the paperwork. The man flipped through them. When he seemed satisfied, the clipboard disappeared into thin air. He then leaned in toward Gingersnap. "I think it's about time for you to wake up in Equestria. I'll see you again in a few days. And if you can, stop this guy trying to summon Justice, m'kay?"

Gingersnap's eyelids suddenly began to feel very heavy. Eventually, he succumbed to his sudden exhaustion and fell asleep once again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Note from the author: Any comments, questions, critiques, etc. are greatly appreciated. It also wouldn't hurt to like or favorite.