• Published 3rd May 2020
  • 574 Views, 52 Comments

The Slayer 6 - MrAquino



The Students 6 Wind up in the World of Dauntless.

  • ...
5
 52
 574

City on the Verge

The night had passed before Ocellus and Yona were ready to go. It was enough for everyone to head to bed, ready for the next day of slaying. But before they departed into their teams, Arkan told them that in their hunts, they need to head to him to make two new lanterns that can be used as many times as they want in their future hunts. That, and they had breakfast at what was the tavern; a nice bowl of apples, since the only thing available was barrels of alcohol… something Yona wanted, but everyone had to pull her back on.


Smolder, Yona, and Sandbar landed on a desert isle, the temperature at scorching heats, almost hot enough to cook anything. Both Sandbar and Yona began to sweat hard in their Gnasher clothes.

"Yona need to cut fur down when we get back." The yak said with heavy pants.

"I don't blame you," Sandbar replied. "We should probably drink a lot of water when we get back."

"Eh, it's not that hot." Smolder commented.

"Says dragon wearing ice armor." Yona spoke with a deadpan tone.

"And didn't Gallus say the same thing when you looked for your behemoth?" Sandbar asked back. Smolder had a blank face.

"Shutting up." She spoke.

"As soon as this ends, we're going to find a nice place to drink up, Yona."

"Yona find behemoth first!" The yak announced before charging ahead. Sandbar and Smolder quickly followed the yak.


Gallus, Silverstream, and Ocellus landed on their next isle, which seemed to be like a mountain. It was a bit cool, but not freezing, something Ocellus was happy to feel. There was the sounds of a loud screech in the distant, with the distinct sound of feathers flapping.

"So… this thing can fly?" Gallus asked.

"By the sounds of it, yes." Ocellus answered.

"And we know what to do." Silverstream added, pulling out her repeaters.

"Hopefully, it won't stay in the air too long." Ocellus lead the way, with the two others following the Changeling.


Running through the desert did not help Yona cool down. In fact, maybe it was worse, as her entire armor was drenched with her own sweat. She fell to the floor, tired, wheezing. Sandbar ran to her side and tried to push the yak forward with no success.

"Yona… exhausted…" She wheezed.

"Come on, Yona!" Sandbar yelled. "We gotta find that behemoth!"

"Uh, guys?" Smolder spoke up. "I know we've seen what I'm guessing aether comes from, but is it possible for two to be around?"

"Aether!? A behemoth is near!" Sandbar's Gnasher strikers went over his hooves. "And two? It's gotta be a big one!"

"Yeah, but one is green like grass, and the other is blue like water."

"Water!!!" Yona yelled, rushing to the aether and drinking the blue vents, her hammer landing on the green vents with a loud thud. The impact made the ground shake, and emerging from the ground was a large, green behemoth with stones all over it's body (though not over it's underbelly). It made a gurgling noise as it saw the group, with Yona wide eyes.

"... Guess we found it."

"Let's go!" Sandbar yelled, charging at the Behemoth.


Even though the travel up the mountain would be tough, and their armor was pretty heavy to fly ahead, they used some strange vents to propel themselves higher. The vents made the way up faster, and it was kinda fun to be propelled quickly in the air. But after at least four vents, they landed on what appeared to be the top area, which was open, and they can see what was most likely their target. It looked to be a mix between an owl, having the head and wings, but also a bear,with how it crawled on 4s, and it's large size. Said behemoth noticed the group and got into a defensive position.

"Seems we found the Shrike." Gallus spoke, pulling out his frost sword. Ocellus readied his warpike as Silverstream pulled out her repeaters. The shrike tilted it's head before standing up, flaring it's wings, and let out a loud screech. With one strong flap from it's wings, it soared into the air before coming down at the group.

"Gang way!!!" Silverstream yelled, jumping out of the way. Ocellus and Gallus followed, though both fell down after it landed. It turned to Silverstream and threw two bits of aether at her. The Hippogriff was able to dodge out of the way before starting to blast at it. Gallus and Ocellus got up, and saw they were close, both picking up their weapons and fighting back. Their target turned to the two and began to swing it's feathers at them, pushing Ocellus out of the way, though Gallus was able to dodge out of the way of it's attacks. Though she was knocked down, Ocellus got up and aimed her Warpike at the Shrike.

"Over here, birdbrain!" She taunted.

"Hey!" Gallus and Silverstream yelled back in unison. Ocellus blasted at the Shrike, knocking it back a bit. It ran away from the group on all fours, turning back, and let out another screech before twirling in the air and throwing a tornado at them! Admittedly, it was small and slow, letting all three roll out of the way, but Silverstream was taken back as the Shrike flew at her using it's bottom claws to attack her. She quickly acted and blasted a powerful shot at it, knocking it out of the sky, making it hit the floor violently. Gallus and Ocellus quickly turned to the fallen behemoth and started to attack. It only lasted for a few seconds before the behemoth got up, flapped it's wings, and took off into the sky.

"So… did we win?" Silverstream asked.

"Not yet." Markus' voice answered. "You made it run,but as long as it's still moving, it still poses a threat."

"So we have to chase it down and take it down for real?" Ocellus asked.

"Affermative."

"... Well, we made it to the top," Gallus spoke. "Only way to go is down." He jumped off a cliff and landed on the floor below.

"You think the others are doing better?" Ocellus asked Silverstream.


"YONA NOT LIKE THIS!!!" Yona yelled as she tried to run away from the rapidly spinning Skarn. Both Sandbar and Smolder also tried to escape from the swirling tornado that was the Skarn and it's rocky armor. Though the pull was powerful, the trio avoided being pulled in as it stopped spinning, though all were out of breath.

"Need… a minute… to breath." Solder panted.

"It's stopped moving!" Sandbar yelled. "C'mon! We can take it!" He charged ahead and threw the first punch at the behemoth's rocky head. Even though the Gnasher teeth proved to be unbendable, Sandbar felt an immense pain in his hooves. Yona lifted her new hammer up, heading to the Skarn.

"Yona smash!!!" She yelled, swinging her hammer at the Skarn's head. Unlike Sandbar, her hammer released a small electric shock that cracked the rock easily, exposing the behemoth's head.

"Hey! Try moving to the other sides!" Smolder suggested, lifting her axe up. "I doubt something as sharp as this can break rocks."

"Dragon have good point." Yona went to the Behemoth's right side, hitting it's feet. The Skarn quickly moved the rocks from it's left side to the other and fell onto Yona, knocking the yak down. Though Yona was hurt, Smolder took her chance, swinging her axe at the Skarn's exposed side, Sandbar, after drinking a health vial, followed through, punching the Skarn's exposed head. The Skarn then started to stomp on the floor, causing the floor to shake, and the behemoth to burrow into the floor, with the sand easily covering it.

"Did… it just escape?" Sandbar asked. They heard the faint sound of rocks moving at the distant.

"Well, seems we gotta look for it again." Smolder commented.

"NO!!!" Yona screamed at the top of her lungs.


It didn't take long for Gallus, Silverstream, and Ocellus to reach the Shrike below, though it didn't look well.

"Um… should we just let it go?" Ocellus asked, seeing it hobble a bit.

"Yeah, I'm kinda feeling bad about-" Silverstream added before seeing the Shrike enter it's enraged state, shrieking loudly before taking to the air, launching a tornado at them. Ocellus reacted quickly, firing at the tornado, but it was unsure if the tornado really vanished from her piercing shot or not. The Shrike, however, remained in the air before coming down at the group. Silverstream reacted herself, placing her repeaters together and releasing one combined shot that threw the Shrike off course, crashing to the floor.

"... Nice work." Gallus commented. "Let's just end this." He pulled his blade out, releasing a stronger slash, which broke off various feathers from the Shrike, and make the Shrike have an icy look. The Shrike stood up, but now slower. In it's slowed state, Ocellus was able to blast at it's face, making the tips of it's beak fall off, and Silverstream blasting at it. It didn't take long before the Shrike fell to the ground, defeated, and turning into aether. Silverstream quickly pulled out the Equestrian flag and placed it on the floor, seemingly declaring victory for Equestria.

"Um… Silver?" Ocellus asked.

"Yes?" The Hippogriff replied.

"Why do you have the Equestrian flag on you?"

"I… don't know, actually." There was an awkward silence between the three.


Sandbar, Yona, and Smolder refound the Skarn, though under the heat, Yona was panting.

"Yona… you probably drink your health vial."

"Yona… need… nap…" Yona whimpered.

"Ugh! Fine! Let me do this!" Smolder groaned. She took her health vials out and poured them all over Yona's body. Yona stood right up, shivering.

"Ahh!!! Cold!!!"

"Good. Now you're no longer burning. Let's go!!!" They turned to the Skarn, seeing it had entered it's eraged state, curling up into a ball.

"Huh… that's unex-" Sandbar commented before the floor erupted with a spike coming out from the floor, making the colt jump out of the way.

"Ok, get to it, Yona!" Smolder shouted.

"Yona t-too c-c-cold to h-help." Smolder face palmed herself.

"Ugh… are you even a yak? Because you sound pretty weak to be one." The sound of something breaking could be heard.

"Yona… not… WEAK!!!" Yona charged at the Skarn and gave it a huge swing, not only breaking the restored rock armor, but also giving the Behemoth a massive shock that it fell to the floor, showing it's exposed underbelly. Sandbar and Smolder charged ahead and started to attack the exposed underbelly, with Yona breaking all the rock armor with her hammer. Like the others,it didn't take long until the Skarn was defeated, the body turning into Aether as it went into the sky. Yona panted really hard before falling to the floor, passing out.

"Uh oh." Sandbar spoke."I think your reverse psychology backfired, Smolder."

"What reverse psychology?" The dragon asked. Smolder went to Yona's left side and Sandbar the right. "Alright, we lift on three. One, two, three!!!" Both strained as they picked up the unconcious yak.

"As… much as I... like Yona… she needs… to lose… weight."


Everyone had returned to returned to Ramsgate safely. Gallus and Silverstream received their new Shrike armor, which had a helmet with wings on the side of the face, feathers making up most of the back, and talons on the hands and feet. Gallus even had a new sword forged, Cry of the Shrike, which appeared to be really sleek and sharp looking. Sadly, Silverstream couldn't find any way to use the Shrike parts to upgrade her repeaters, but was told that though she needed other parts to upgrade and make new parts, they didn't affect what type of bullets she shot.

Sandbar crafted a new set of Strikers, Skarn's Smashers, which looked really heavy with the Skarn's underscales being covered by the rocks at the tip. Yona also made her new armor set from the Skarn, which had rocks making the helmet, shoulder & knee pads, gauntlets, and boots. Everything else had the softer scales under it all, but also what appeared to be a scarf that turned into a cape at the end. However, Yona was missing before she got her armor.

The group of creatures gathered around, looking for Yona. They all stood on a far area, made out of wood, overlooking the entirety of Ramsgate and everyone in it.

"Yona! Where are you!?" Sandbar asked.

"Sheesh, was it really that hot?" Gallus asked.

"I guess it was." Smolder replied.

"Anyone think we should give her a shave?" Silverstream asked. Everyone looked at her with mixed reactions. "What? I'm only suggesting."

"Hey guys! I think I found her!" Ocellus shouted. Everyone turned to Ocellus, looking at the waterfall, and just under them was Yona, chugging the water that fell down.

"Yona! Now's not the time to mess around." Smolder spoke. Yona stopped drinking temporarily.

"Yona thirsty!" She spoke.

"You can't be that thirsty." Gallus added. She ignored them, still drinking.

"Well, maybe she needs it badly." Sandbar suggested.

"Hold on, lemme see if I can do this." Ocellus spoke up. In a flash of green flames, she turned herself into the huge insect when she and her friends accidentally crashed the party at Twilight's school of friendship. She flew down and behind Yona, ready to snag her up. Yona, unknowingly, ducked underneath the charging bug monster, who flew through the waterfall. The yak stood up, letting out a satisfying sigh.

"There! Yona good!" She looked up to the group above. "Wait… where Ocellus?"

"Hey guys! Check this out!" Ocellus spoke from behind the waterfall. There was a bit of confusion between them all, but they jumped down to the waterfall and walked through it. They were wet, but discovered that they entered what appeared to be a sort of cavern, lit by bioluminescent fungi, and proceeded to walk into it. It was short, but they entered a pretty large cave, with the water below as the light source. However, all around the walls was various bookshelfs, stacked with books, but there was a podium with one book in the middle of it all.

"Wait… is this somebody's house?" Gallus asked.

"If it is, then they've been gone for a REALLY long time." Silverstream replied, taking a claw to wipe the shelves off to reveal a huge amount of dust.

"Does anyone else know about this?" Smolder asked.

"I don't think so." Sandbar answered.

"That's not all about this." Ocellus spoke up, flying over to the podium. "Look! This book has to be very ancient! Probably even older than the princesses back home."

"And how would you know that?" Gallus asked sarcastically. Yona walked over to the book and looked at the cover.

"Hmm… To anyone who finds this… carefully read this… and save this world…" Yona read aloud.

"Wait, you can read what it says!?" Ocellus asked.

"This book written in Old Ponish. RochHoof taught Yona how to speak and read it before we winded up here."

"Ok, I didn't think you were that smart." Smolder commented before getting a slap to the back of the head by Sandbar. "Ow! Ok, I deserved that."

"Keep reading!" Silverstream yelled. "What does it say!?"

Yona cleared her throat and read aloud.

To anyone who finds my journal, I do not know how long it will be, and I may have passed away by the time it's found, but I'm sorry for dooming your world, and potentially mine. I pray that it was never to be found, and only wished the Behemoths would eventually die off from natural causes and their inability to reproduce. Evidently, by calculations, they are actually growing in numbers, and thus, my journal is found by you. If you're curious who I am, in my world, I am Gusty the Great, and all of these behemoths are the work of Grogar, the father of monsters and the first Tyrant of Equestria. This is the only chance you can have to save not only your world, but mines and others.

There was a pause in the cave. Everyone looked at each other in total shock.

"The… Behemoths are from Equestria?" Ocellus asked.

"Grogar is coming back!?* Silverstream added.

"And Gusty is responsible for all of this!?" Gallus finished.

"... Um… who's Gusty?" Smolder asked. The group turned to the dragon. "What? I have a hard time in history class."

"I'll explain soon." Ocellus said with an annoyed sigh.

"This just got even bigger than we thought." Sandbar commented. "If Grogar is coming back, then going home shall have to wait."

Author's Note:

The Shrike, Armor, and Sword.



The Skarn, Armor, and Strikers


Shrike Armor set:
+2-6 Evasion (Increases the time you are invincible when dodging.)
+1-3 Bloodless (Protects against Wounded and Crippling Wounds statuses)
+1-3 Weighted Strikes. (Adds a flat amount of Stagger damage on hit. At later ranks, allows more weapon attacks to interrupt.)
Cry of the Shrike has +1-3 Conditioning (Increases Stamina Regen.)

Skarn Armor set:
+2-6 Guardian (Grants a portion of any shield applied to your nearest ally.)
+1-3 Fortress (Grants a small shield after avoiding damage for a short time.)
+1-3 Tough (Increases Max Health.)
Skarn's Smashers has +1-3 Knockout King (Percent increase to Stagger damage.)

If you noticed, I changed the chapter titles to be the main quests in the actual game. And yes, it's not just "oh, kill monsters and head home" plot, since that'd be boring. Next chapter is going to be a bit different, since the new season just began, with new additions being made. Namely, a training area, which will be used, and a new Escalation that will be used later.