• Published 3rd May 2020
  • 569 Views, 52 Comments

The Slayer 6 - MrAquino



The Students 6 Wind up in the World of Dauntless.

  • ...
5
 52
 569

Making Slayers

"Hey! Rookies!" The voice of Kat was heard. "Every Slayer, report to me this instant! Including you, non humans."

"Should we tell Kat about this?" Sandbar asked.

"Oh no! We can't!" Silverstream replied. "If we tell her about this, then she may have everyone try to kill us!"

"I hate to agree," Ocellus added, "but we have to keep this a secret!"

"But we can't keep it a secret forever." Smolder spoke. "We gotta tell them before it's too late."

"But we don't even know when it will be too late." Gallus retorted. "Let's just keep the journal on us and not show anyone." He picked the journal up and stuffed it down Yona's pack.

"Wait, why Yona carry journal!?" Yona asked.

"You can read old Ponish." Ocellus answered. "And I don't think any of the other slayers will want to take your stuff."

"Hey! I said get over here!" Kat's voice was heard, slightly louder. "I'll hang your heads over my fireplace if you don't come over here in the next few seconds!"

"We better go now." Ocellus said, quickly running out. All the others followed, following the water that lead to the left hand side of Ramsgate's entrance. Kat stood in the middle, surrounded by other slayers, some new, some in their armor, plenty in armor they've yet to see (and earn), and some unique looking ones that don't look like they came from Behemoth parts. The leader of the Slayers turned to the group.

"Ah, glad you're here, freaks." She spoke to them before turning to everyone else. "Alright, everyone, listen up! Today, we're all taking a break from Behemoth slaying." There was a collective gathering of confused murmurs. "It's just for today, but we'll be continuing tomorrow as if nothing happened. Everyone hop onboard a bosun. We're going on a field trip."

"Ooh! I love field trips!" Silverstream spoke aloud.


Practically every Slayer stood together on a clear, open field. There was a few dummies around, looking like different Behemoths, some tents set up, a few poles and a few weapons around, but besides that, it was pretty barren. Kat marched down, alongside Janek to her left and the Ancient one to her right.

"Attention!" Janek ordered, causing all the Slayers to stand straight up. He turned to Kat. "They're all yours." Kat took a few steps forward and paced steadily.

"It's come to my attention that not a lot of you are prepared to take on Behemoths." She began. "Of course, some of you have taken on a few, but barely survived, and others thought it was easy. Well guess what!? It gets harder from here, and I don't want to lose any more lives than we've already had! That is why you're all here; you'll be trained by me, Janek, and the Ancient one, the rules of the hunt and how to survive. We're going to turn you losers into champions."

"So says the middle aged woman." Smolder whispered to Sandbar. Kat turned to the dragon. All the Slayers took a step away from the dragon, with Sandbar following.

"Ms. Smolder!" Smolder looked a bit nervous. Kat only snapped a finger. The ancient one presented her with a bow and an arrow. Some cold sweats began to pour as Kat took the bow and arrow, pulling the bow back with the arrow and aimed it at the dragon. Her heart nearly stopped, but rejoiced when Kat aimed at the sky, where the lone arrow hit the near tip of one of the wooden poles.

"Care to be our first guest?" Kat asked with a smug grin. "Just receive that arrow for me."

"... That's it?" Smolder asked. "Heh, this'll be easy." Her wings began to flap.

"Ah! Two things." Kat pulled Smolder down, then pulling out some rope.

"Hey! What are you-!?" The old Slayer wrapped Smolder's wings up with the rope, preventing her from flying.

"Out there, your wings may not work anymore, whether because they've gone numb, or are ripped off by a Behemoth. Consider this as a taste if that happens. But one more thing." Janek presented Kat with a box that he had a hard time holding, but was relieved when Kat pulled out two large wheels made of pure diamond, wrapped around some cloth.

"This represents strength." Kat explained to the small army, dropping the diamond wheel to the floor in Smolder's right claw, which pulled the dragon down with it. She picked up Smolder's other arm. "And this represents discipline." She dropped Smolder again, causing some laughter. "You need both to get the arrow."

Smolder stood up with both diamond wheels on cloth to her claws, and looked high, seeing just how tall the pole was. With a huff of fire, Smolder ran up and used her claws to climb the pole. She only got up a few feet before gravity took control. Without much thought, she used her teeth to keep herself up, only to go down and cause a some wood to come off, and splinters in her teeth.

The rest didn't fair much better, especially to the other winged students. Gallus couldn't even climb his way up, no matter how hard he tried. Silverstream fell right onto her head before falling down like a stiff board. Sandbar was stuck on the floor. Yona fell to the floor, causing everyone and everything, the pole included, to jump in the air a bit. Ocellus… she was straight up booed for cheating, turning into a gorilla to climb up, something no one was having.

A few of the experienced slayers, near masters, began to play some drums as Kat sighed to herself.

"We've got a long way to go." She muttered to herself. Janek blew a whistle, with everyone picking up the weapon of their choice, as Kat unsheathed her sword, showing off her skills.

♫Let's get down to business, to slay monsters

Did they send me children, and not some jesters?

You're the saddest bunch I ever met

But you can bet before we're through

Ladies, I'll make slayers out of you!♫

Everyone stood together, battling their Behemoth dummies, with mixed results. It didn't take long for Janek to pull a switch, in which the dummies started to either spew fire or ice, start growing vines or shoot lightning, or almost invisible shield or puddles of black liquids. It didn't look pretty, with chaos everywhere.

♫Tranquil as a forest but on fire within

Once you find your center, you are sure to win

You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot

And you haven't got a clue

Somehow I'll make Slayers out of you♫

Silverstream focused shooting at the dummies with the black pools, only to be slowed down and hit with other black balls of liquid. Gallus tried running away from his dummy, only to have his tail catch on fire. Sandbar tried to punch his electrified dummy, only to get a nasty shock with his name and tail becoming poofy. Smolder was frozen in a block of ice. Ocellus hid under a rock from all the chaos. And Yona was pushed into a lake from her rock dummy, with her thrashing in the water

I'm never gonna catch my breath

Say goodbye to those who knew me

Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym

This guy's got 'em scared to death

Hope they don't really want to kill me

Yona really wish that she knew how to swim

Various experienced slayers helped patched up all the injured slayers that night, though a few stink eyes were given to Ocellus. In the morning, however, everyone began to exercise hard, and doing various techniques with the ancient one as the demonstration. However, Ocellus kept failing.

♫We're Slayers

We must be swift as the coursing river

We're Slayers

With all the force of a great typhoon

We're Slayers

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon♫

Ocellus cowered as Kat approached her, having the massive look of disapproval. It didn't take much for Ocellus to see her friends trying their hardest and make some progress. Kat tossed the changeling's Warpike to her before storming off.

♫Time is racing toward us till behemoths arrive

Heed my every teaching, and you might survive

You're unsuited for the thrill of the hunt

So pack up, go home, you're through

How could I make a Slayer out of you?♫

Ocellus was about to leave that nigh, but stopped at the pole with the arrow. She picked up the diamond disks, wrapped her legs on the pole, and failed. The changeling looked at her tools and realized what she had to do! Wrapping them around the pole and hugging it, she began to steadily scale the pole as the sun began to rise. Slayers walked out of their tents, seeing Ocellus scale the pole, quickly saving herself from falling. Kat walked out to see an arrow land in front of her feet, and looking up, Ocellus sitting on the pole, and the crowd cheering her on for not changing and doing something they thought was impossible.

♫We're Slayers

We must be swift as the coursing river

We're Slayers

With all the force of a great typhoon

We're Slayers

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon♫

Everyone was starting to excel. Silverstream began to rapidly shoot at the dummy, dodging it's attacks quickly while throwing out extras for everyone to use. Gallus also began to dodge better as well as strike his blades more, chopping some bits off his dummy. Sandbar now got less of a shock, delivering a hard blow against his dummy's face, knocking the head clean off. Smolder's axe glowed more and hit with more force, eventually cutting her dummy in half. Ocellus began to fire her Warpike at far away targets easily, and stab other dummies easily at speeds that no one could see. And for Yona, she skipped across the lake now, almost weightless, before smacking her dummy off of the isle with her hammer. Every Slayer gathered together, and as one, placed their unique banners down

♫We're Slayers

We must be swift as the coursing river

We're Slayers

With all the force of a great typhoon

We're Slayers

With all the strength of a raging fire

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon♫


"Thanks, fellas." Kat spoke to some random people with instruments.

"Eh, any time, Kat." The leader of the group spoke. Kat turned to the other slayers.

"And all of you did a great job. You deserve a break." As if on cue, all slayers collapsed to the floor, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness!" Smolder groaned. "I'm ACHING everywhere."

"I can't feel my claws." Gallus said.

"I can't feel my toes." Silverstream added.

"You don't have any toes." Sandbar replied.

"Yona need to sleep." The yak yawned loudly.

"But we can't sleep yet." Ocellus spoke up. "We've got other things to do."

"Like what other things?" Janek asked, making the changeling gasp. She turned to see him and the ancient one behind them.

"Yes, what must be more important than slaying Behemoths?" The ancient one asked.

"Uh… we uh… need…" Ocellus stammered

"Our own neutral armor!" Smolder spoke up.

"Wait, what-?" Smolder put a claw over the changeling's mouth.

"Yeah. My friends have their own neutral armor set as a backup for an emergency. Ocellus and I don't."

"Um… yeah, she's right!" Silverstream added. "Gallus and I just got our Shrike armor not too long ago."

"And my new sword." The griffon added.

"Hm… they are generally sticking to opposite elements and a single weapon type." The ancient one concurred.

"I'm not gonna judge them harshly for that." Janek added before turning to Kat. "Kat!? What's next on your list of Behemoths for them to battle?"

"Oh, that's up to Dr. Shaed Priyani." Kat answered. "But I don't see why not. And if it's just two of them, I think I found another pair that'll join them."

"... Another pair?" Ocellus asked.

Author's Note:

I wanted to do something fun, and perhaps more chapters like this may come along in the future if you want it. But next chapter is going to be a bit more experimental as well, but not as insane as this is.

On a side note, I was kinda dissapointed with the training grounds, but I'm more than happy with the new escalation.