• Published 18th Dec 2011
  • 6,405 Views, 171 Comments

My Shy Little Friend - ChromeRegios



Fluttershy had the same problem like Dashie 5 years ago

  • ...
14
 171
 6,405

They came...

I woke up by the sound of my phone rigging its alarm. It was morning and the sun shines brightly outside! I looked at my side to see Fluttershy, still coiled up and sleeping peacefully. I haven't got the heart to wake her up, so I went down instead.

I can’t believe it was already been 10 years since she stayed with me, Joyce got used to her and even came over more frequently, She had grown to a beautiful mare, her eyes became brilliant light blue that I almost go in a trance when I look to her eyes, her mane and herself grew quite a lot too. I got used to having her in my care, and she was aswell.

As I was about to reach the kitchen, someone knocked at the door...

“Strange?” I thought to my self “I never expecting Joyce this early, nor any visitors at this time of day”

I walked towards the door to answer my unexpected visitor. But I stopped half way across the room as I notice something about my visitor. It wasn’t Human though, but rather horse-like, the silhouette on the other side of the window sill shows a tall horse with mane that seemingly moves with the wind! My heart pounded, My hands sweating, and my hair stand on end...I knew who it was... I knew who was in my doorstep very clearly this time, I opened the front door and my expectations came true... It was Princess Celestia!

“Good morning, Sir” She said in such an elegant and in a polite manner.

“Uh.. H-hello?” I managed to say it out loud, still in a bit of a shock. I knew this was coming... I just cant believe it has to be now. She asked if she could come in, a question that I always refuse when Joyce or some other person I didn’t like came to my house, and yet something about her voice was reminiscent. I couldn't help but to invite her in. What surprises me more is when she entered, five familiar ponies followed her from behind. The first one to follow Celestia is Twilight Sparkle, Then Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, And lastly Pinkie came bouncing in, all happy and joyful as always.

“Oooohhh... Another alien house!! I really love what you’ve done to th- OH MY GOSH A GAME!! Can I play? Can we play? Oh please, oh please oh plea~”

She was stopped by Applejack's hoof, "Easy there sugarcube. We're jus' here fer Fluttershy, so we ain't got no time for any playin'."

Applejack’s eyes glittered a bit on the sight of my game console, “No matter how fun it might be.”

Pinkie stops as she remembers something from the back of her mind... "I think I saw this scene from somewhere..." Pinkie said, but quickly shrugs it off...

I still wasn't sure how to completely react to all this, but not wanting to be rude I offered some left over cake and boiled broccoli from last night, "Uh, we have some left over cake and vegetables from dinner last night. You're more than welcome for some, if you like."

Pinkie puts her attention to the kitchen and sped off inside, like the roadrunner running to a tunnel; heck I didn't even bother to tell her where our left overs were, she just knew where they were... Thinking that she might just know it from the start, or just being Pinkie Pie... I had no clue what to think.

"Ah'll go keep an eye on her," Applejack said, walking to join the bouncing pony. As she passed, she tipped her hat to me. I find them not so very hesitant around a Human, such as me around them to interact. Then again, the same thing goes to me, but having Shy for fifteen years I grew used to having such a thing around me. Now, I have five other ponies and a full sized goddess horse looking at me with the same amount of curiosity that I held for them.

The room became silent as I watched Applejack goes to the kitchen, following Pinkie inside.

"I'm quite surprised," Celestia began, "I had expected a little more resistance to us entering."

“Why would I? I know all of you anyway.”

Celestia nodded, “I see that you know as well.”

Why did she say.. “As well?”

“You see, sir.” She started. “We already went here to your world once”

“Went...here? Are you kidding me?!” I almost raised my tone, by the fact that they already and I mean, ALREADY!.. Went to my world?!

“It was when, Rainbow Dash gone to, almost the same accident as Fluttershy did.” She said while maintaining a calm expression.

“You what?” I blurted.

“That aside, do you know why were here?”

My heart fell into the pits of my feet. I did know, and she was straight to the point about it. During all these years, I expected this moment, but as time went by, that thought slowly fades until it was just nothing more than a minor nip in my mind. That's when it always happens, you know; when everything is finally perfect and you don't have to worry anymore. Then this ‘moment’ had to come and ruin the whole thing...

"Um, excuse me sir," Twilight began, "But from what we could figure out Fluttershy should be here. Is she?"

I looked at the Magenta mare and thought of saying no to her, and make them leave my house. But it was a long shot.

“She’s in her room.” I pointed towards the upstairs right next to my room.

“In her room?” Rainbow Dash asked, surprised of what I just said.

“Yes, Shy-Shy is in her room. She’s still sleeping though, I didn’t want to wake her yet.”

"Shy-Shy?" Rarity asked, sharing a look with the others. "Erm, pray tell, what with the nick name if i may be so bold?" Sensing that something that doesn't seem right, the others can see whats happening all too clearly.

Rainbow started to mutter something not audible "no, oh Celestia please no." as she realized whats going to happen next.
Little to my knowledge, Celestia knows whats going to happen next.

That made my blood boil, and wanted to strangle her so tight back then. They way she talked back at me with such annoyingly tone. “Friendly?! That's not even the half of it!! And I should be asking you, why did you left her alone!” My voice got louder..

“AND WHY THE HELL DID SHE SAY “AGAIN” WHEN I ONLY SAW YOU JUST NOW?!”

Celestia raised a brow, taken back by my change of tone, "You see, my student-"

“I know who she is!! Get to the point already!!”

Twilight looked at her teacher as she continues. “Yes, of course.” Celestia cleared her throat and continues on.


“She was doing a spell to help Fluttershy with her cottage, repairing and renovating her home Well, they made a slight miscalculation making one of the wooden blocks fall out of the roof , and when Twilight used her magic to try and catch it, at that time a storm made by the Pegasus shot a lightning bolt meeting her magic. Fluttershy was unfortunate enough to be within reach of the blast, and it engulfed her and sent her to, well, here. So, we are here to retrieve her, Just like Rainbow Dash when the same thing happened to her, a long time ago, simple enough I'd imagine."

Before I could say something, Shy, called out obviously woken up by my loud shouts. “I-Is everything alright, Dad?”

My entire body went stiff, I turned my head to see each pony staring back at me, I could see that some of them were shocked, Except for Dash,Twilight and Celestia.

"Uh... 'scuse me sugarcube," Applejack started, poking her head and peeked to the corner doorway of the kitchen, "did ah jus' hear Fluttershy call ya ‘dad’?"

I was about to answer her, when Celestia started again, “I know this situation all too well”

“You do? Why is that?” I asked her, completely oblivious of what she was talking about.

“We will wait in the living room, please call her down so we could discuss the matter at hand” She said as she gallops to the living room and sat at the carpet, along with the remaining two unicorn ponies, as Applejack and Pinkie Pie browse in the kitchen.

I stood there speechless but gathered my guts and did as she told me to do, and climbed to her room and knocked at her door.

“Shy? Can you open the door please?”

She opens the door and pokes her head out a bit.

“Shy, uh.. We need to talk”

As I told her who was down there and were here to take her back to their world, her eyes begin to tear up. She really doesn't want to go, and neither do I. I talked to her some more, trying to get some of her courage back and have to face them anytime soon, but she refuses and hugged me tight, never letting go.

“Shy, you have to talk to them. They’re your friends, and your their friend, a dear one.” I said to her, nearly tearing up my self. After a couple of minutes later, I finally convinced her to come down to meet with the others.

“FLUTTERSHY!!” Pinkie shouted, rushing towards her Canary-Yellow friend.

Shy was startled at Pinkie’s happy outburst and quickly climbs over my shoulder, like in the anime “Pokemon” When pikachu climbs over ash’s shoulder. She was literally shaken by her. Dash was obviously calm and only shaking head, what seems to understand the situation.

Pinkie's mane went straight, like a muffin that looses its air and deflates.

“You...don’t recognize me.. Do you?”

Dash walks towards Fluttershy and uttered something.

“I never thought you ended up the same as I went through Shy” She said looking down at the floor, and back at her.

“I don't understand, What do you mean, “The same as you went through”. What happened to you?”
I needed answers of what she had said, and to what she mentioned “The same as her”

Did they had the same problem to Rainbow Dash?

Is this a product of a careless spell? Or a chain reaction of event that happened which I can not explain?

Dash walked to me and asked me something that I never expected.

“Is she a filly when you found her?” She asked.

I was totally caught off guard by that question, and that how did she know that she was a filly when I found her, but I manage to answer her question.

“Yes, she is”

“And how long did you take care of her?”

“About, fourteen years”

Dash looked at Celestia, nodding.

“Indeed, Its the same thing”

“Could you tell me whats going on, PLEASE?!”

Impatient and already out of Patience, I asked them directly of what they were all blabbering about.

“You see, Dash here had the same thing happened with her. A human, such as your self, took care of her when she had the same accident, she was in the weather team with some storm development. Well, they made slightly too large of a storm, and when Twilight used her magic to try and dispel it, it shot a lightning bolt meeting her magic. Rainbow Dash was unfortunate enough to be within reach of the blast, and it engulfed her and sent her to your world, which is similar to what happened to Rainbow Dash, at this case Fluttershy.

“You just said the same thing earlier, only longer this time.” I said, but seemingly understands their story.

“You took care of her for fourteen years... Thats why she called you dad now, right?” Dash said nearly tearing up.

I might not understand it all, but I think that she might had a Human father as well. The next ten-minutes seemed like an eternity of silence. Finally I broke the silence and asked a question.

“So, what happens now?”

Dash looked at me again, this time she was already crying.

“We need to take her back now.” She said, looking at Fluttershy.

“You what?!” I said to her almost shouting, “You cant! She’s now my daughter and that's that!” I just can’t let her go now, not when I already loved her as my very own daughter."

“D-dad?” Fluttershy leans on me and looked at my slightly tearing face.

“Please! You cant take her away, She’s my world, my life! She’s the reason of my happiness! You cant take her away!” I hugged her tight, Letting them see that I mean business.

“Sir, please!” Twilight tries to calm me down, But i continue my outburst.

They thought I got angry and might harm anyone or anypony around me, Dash was brave enough to come close and calm me down.

“Sir, I don’t want to take her away nor do they.” She said “But, please...can we talk about something that I experienced my self when I was taken cared by ‘My’ Dad?”

I listened to her words and calmed down, I set Shy down as Dash gestured me to follow her to my room and talked privately.

What I found out made me realize, the whole gravity of the situation...