• Published 21st Apr 2020
  • 5,201 Views, 58 Comments

Memories Lost After Daybreaker - SamSwordsman123



Twilight's memories of being abandoned by her friends have been erased by Daybreaker. Will her friends choose to tell her the truth? Or will they keep it a secret? Will Twilight remember? And will she forgive them again?

  • ...
8
 58
 5,201

Chapter 3 Truths and Reconcilations

Twilight and Spike followed Shining Armor to his house. He opened the door and escorted them upstairs to the guest room.

“Afraid I don’t have a second guest room or a little bed for you Spike,” he said. “If you want I can just sleep on the couch downstairs,” he said with a yawn.

“No, I’ll sleep on the couch,” the little dragon said.

“I insist Spike, I ought to be the one sleeping on the couch,” Shining said, looking at Twilight with a guilty expression.

Spike knew what Shining meant, though Twilight merely assumed it was him being courteous to his guests and little brother figure. She smiled and wrapped a hoof around Spike.

“You just sleep with me, Spike. I’m surprised you haven’t fallen asleep already seeing as you stayed up all night. Both of you look exhausted. I’m a little sleepy myself, guess this baby didn’t get much naptime while she was foalnapped huh?” Twilight giggled.

Spike yawned. “Thanks Twilight.”

She levitated him onto the bed as she entered the guest room. Shining smiled after them.

“See you both in the morning!” Shining Armor said.

“It IS morning!” Twilight pointed out climbing into the bed.

“When you-“Shining yawned. “Wake up then.”

He went to his own room and collapsed into bed. Exhausted from the ordeal that had taken place last night. When he awoke and looked at the clock it was almost three pm! He got up and looked into the guest room, Twilight and Spike were both sound asleep still.

Looking at his sister and her assistant caused Shining to smile for a moment. But he quickly the smile as he recalled what he had done. He’d kicked his sister out of his wedding, and now she’d forgotten about it. He’d been tempted to just wait and hope that maybe she would never remember. But now that he’d rested and could think clearly he knew that would not be right. He had to be honest with his sister, even he wasn’t stupid enough to realize what might happen if her memory returned. If he kept it secret than she might get mad. Even though she was a forgiving pony there needed to be trust, between family just as much as friends.

But first, he needed to do something for her. Putting a hoof to his chin, Shining thought. Then it came to him, he ran down to the kitchen.

***

Twilight woke up to a sweet smell filling the house. Looking around it took a moment to remember she was in her brothers house. She also saw Spike, the baby dragon snored slightly and then muttered something.

“Rarity, will you marry me?”

Twilight chuckled. Her number one assistant and his crush on the fashionista. She gently tapped him with her hoof.

“Spike, time to wake up.”

The baby dragon opened his eyes and rubbed them. “Oh, hey Twilight.”

“Come on, I think Shining Armor is making breakfast.”

Spike’s stomach rumbled and he looked at the clock. “Good, cause I’m hungry. Wow its after three!”

“Well, guess that’s what happens when we pull all-nighters.” Twilight jumped out of bed and levitated him onto her back.

They made their way downstairs to find Shining Armor levitating a tray full of pancakes topped with whip cream and strawberries.

“Oh, you guys are up. I wanted to give you breakfast in bed Twilight!” he said.

“Oh, how sweet!” Twilight said hugging her brother. “Who’s the best BBBFF ever!”

She looked him in the face and expected a wide grin at the compliment, but instead it was a sad face.

“Is something wrong?” she asked.

“No… well yes. Come on, we can talk at the table.”

He lead them to his kitchen where there was a small table. They sat there together, Twilight began eating the pancakes Shining had made, sharing some of them with Spike as well.

“So, what’s wrong Shining?” Twilight asked.

Shining Armor sighed.

“You know I love you right sis?” he asked.

“Of course I do! You’re my Big Brother Best Friend Forever! We’ve never had a single fight!” Twilight said.

Shining shook his head. “Well… we didn’t until the wedding rehearsal.”

“The one where I hit my head?” she asked.

“No!” Shining sighed. “You didn’t hit your head. That’s not what happened there. You remember Celestia said somepony was impersonating Cadence?”

She nodded.

“You knew there was something off about the imposter. You came here a couple nights ago and tried to talk to me, but the imposter came and dragged me into another room. You saw her putting a spell on me that made my eyes go all-“ he spun his eyes around before continuing. “You ran out and at the wedding rehearsal stormed in accusing Cadence of being evil. She ran out of the room crying. I got mad at you and… and told you to forget about being my Best Mare and not even come to the wedding!”

Tears appeared in his eyes at the end of that. Twilight’s mouth fell open.

“You… you kicked me out of your wedding?” she asked.

He sniffled and nodded. “I’m sorry Twiley! It’s a mistake I wish I could take back.”

Spike’s joy had vanished as he swallowed the last of his current pancake.

“And I and all your friends left you alone!” he blurted out.

She looked at him, stunned. “You left me?”

The baby dragon nodded. “And then Queen Chrysalis, the one who was impersonating Cadence… she sent you down to the caverns beneath Canterlot!”

Twilight was silent for a moment than asked, “What happened after that?”

“You… you found the real Cadence and got back up to the Wedding Hall, fought with Chrysalis, got poisoned and nearly died!” Shining said. “You were in danger because of me! Twice! I could have lost you!”

“Shining, its okay,” Twilight said. “I’m fine now. It’s over. Chrysalis is dead.”

Shining sighed.

“I guess. But I still feel guilty, and I will for the rest of my life for what I did,” Shining said. “No matter how many times I apologize.”

Twilight walked over to her brother.

“Would you have forgiven me?” she asked.

He nodded, and just like last night told her, “I would have let you back in the wedding. Maybe not as Best Mare, but I would have forgiven if you’d been wrong. I promise.”

Tears appeared in her eyes and like before she hugged him. They remained that way for several seconds before there was a knock on the door. Looking in that direction, Shining Armor got up from his seat and walked over to it. He opened the door to find his parents in the doorway.

“Shining, may I come in?” Twilight Velvet asked.

He hesitated.

“I’m here to apologize to you and Twilight!” she said.

Her son shrugged and stood aside to allow her to walk in. Velvet entered the room and went to the kitchen where Twilight and Spike continued to eat their pancakes. Seeing her mother, Twilight scowled slightly.

“Twilight, honey. I’m sorry,” Velvet said. “You were right, I overreacted by telling you and Shining to resign from your positions. You both have really important jobs taking care of Equestria. I’m just a small time writer trying to make a living. But I’m also your mother and I love you both! I hate seeing you in danger and would do anything I could to protect you! But… you are not little foals anymore. I understand that, and you have a right to make your own choices. It just… scared me seeing both of you in danger… having my son brainwashed and nearly forced to marry a changeling! My daughter poisoned and then abducted by somepony that wanted to make her their own daughter! That’s very stressful.”

Twilight sighed. “I know Mom. You know how well I deal with stressful situations. Not very well at all. I can be irrational too. We all make mistakes, but we pull through them.”

“Can you forgive me?” Velvet asked.

Twilight nodded and just as she’d done with Shining, walked over and hugged her mother. Shining smiled and went over to join them. Then Night Light came, and Spike. The entire family hugged happily.

Author's Note:

Twilight’s found out the truth. Might have been a little quick but this is a short story, and it will still have tension with her friends and Celestia.