• Published 9th Apr 2020
  • 812 Views, 16 Comments

Solar Eclipse - keithsterling

  • ...
4
 16
 812

chapter 3

The soft but rapid fast paces pitter-patter of the two mares' bare feet on the cobblestone streets of Canterlot contrasts harshly against heavy booted feet of pursuit unit and the dress boots of Prince Somnus Silverlight as the group makes a dead run to the security checkpoint at the entrance of the Noble ward. Cadence recoil in horror as she watches the Canterlot Royal Army sentinels assigned to guard the checkpoint begin sealing the checkpoint to prevent them from entering the ward.

"Luna! Somnus! The guards are sealing the checkpoint!" Cadence screams

"Cadence lift off and get through! We will be right behind you!" Luna calls as the two Alicorns lift-off and zooms through the checkpoint surprise the guards as they have no way to stop them.

At that same time, Somnus slides on his knees under the barrier; by doing that maneuver, Somnus has lost pace with the two flying Alicorn mares. Luna give a startled gasp went she noticed Somnus was quickly missing pace with them. She quickly reversed her wings just enough to keep her aloft and dangle her feet within Somnus’s grasp. She looks back toward him.

"Somnus! Rip them off! And grab my feet! Let me help you up!" Luna calls as worried look appears on Somnus' face.

Soon Luna's face grows chalky with what she told him to do; not many ponies know that the Princess of the Night doesn't like showing her feet in public it one of her biggest fears. In private, she doesn't mind it because she only allows Somnus to view her barefooted as he is always with her.

"But Auntie, It in public," Somnus comments as he begins to reach up.

"I know, Somnus! You help Cadence overcome her fear of being barefooted! It my turn to show my feet in public. It the only way, do it!" Luna shouts as Somnus reaches up and rips the makeshift booties off Luna's dark blue bare feet with dark red nail polish for all to see.

Once Luna felt Somnus grab hold of her feet, she shot into the sky caused him to quickly stand-up, allowing him to regain pace with the flying Cadence. As Luna hung in the air for a little while, it was not all that bad, to show her feet in public. She is quickly snapped back to reality as several bullets whiz by her in the sky. She turns and flies straight back to the group to keep up with Somnus; she flies close to Somnus and kisses him on his cheek to thank him for help her overcome her fear.

"I have told you, Auntie your feet were perfect because you are Alicorn mare. Just like mother." Somnus comments as Luna kisses him on his cheek a second time.

In the distance, the group can make out the huge white stone gatehouse of the Silverlight stable that leads onto the estate, but unlike Royal Army sentinel at the ward checkpoint. The sentinels at the gate are cheering them on.

Once the group passes through the open gate, they collapse in front of the sandal-clad feet of an everlasting beautiful 6ft 11in morning blue color older unicorn mare with pink mane and tail. Her perfect equine figure was encased in an emerald green mid-calf length dress and gray strap sandals on her morning blue bare feet. This older unicorn mare was Countess Ophelia Silverlight, the Boss mare of Silverlight unicorn family.

"All right, boys! Give our regards to that Canterlot Royal Army pursuit unit!" Ophelia orders as she gestures the estate medical team to take these three to the infirmary to rest and recover before telling her what is going on.

~a few hours later~

After resting and recovering in the estate's infirmary for a few hours, Princess Luna Silverlight makes her way to her room in the main mansion house on the estate grounds. The Silverlight family has allowed her to maintain her own bedroom here at the estate with her own wardrobe. After taking a very long warm shower in her private bathroom, Luna slips on deep pink colored top of the knee-length dress. She pulls out a single deep drawer on her wardrobe and kneels down in front of it. Inside the drawer were numerous booties type pairs of shoes, this type of shoe cover her feet completely.

Suddenly Luna blink with surprise stuff in one corner of the drawer was pair of short silver-colored gladiator style sandals. She takes that pair of shoes and closes the drawer with her foot. As Luna sits down on her bed, she buckles her sandals on her feet. Before leaving her room for her meeting with Ophelia, she chuckles to herself think Somnus is going to love sees her in these sandals as he always tells her she has beautiful feet for an Alicorn mare.

It only takes her few minutes to reach Ophelia's home office in the main mansion home on the second floor. At the door, the Solar Guard Officer guarding the office opens the door for her and bows. Inside the office sitting behind her desk finish up some of her paperwork was Countess Ophelia she sets her pen down on the papers and look towards Luna.

"Now tell me, Your Highness. Why have my grandchildren been deemed traitors along with you and Cadence?" Ophelia said defensively more as a concerned unicorn Grandmother then a Noble mare of Equestria.

With that Luna relay all events up to went they arrive at the Silverlight Stable with a Canterlot Royal Army pursuit unit close on their tail. Suddenly the blood drains from Ophelia's face after she was told that her daughter-in-law Celestia has been replaced with a faker that looks just like her. As of this very moment, they have no idea where the real Celestia Silverlight is.

"I see, your highness that answers why there an increase in the number of Royal Army Scouts prowling around my stable of late. Oh, they think they are so very sneaky and haven't been noticed by my Solar Guard security units. But they have been." Ophelia comments as the door into her home office is opened by her own daughter.

Walking into the office was a dark blue extraordinary gorgeous 6ft 10in middle-aged unicorn mare with crimson red mane and tail. Her elegantly slender equine figure was encased in sapphire blue slightly below the knee-length dress and white huarache sandals on her dark blue bare feet. This middle-aged unicorn mare was Viscountess Shimmering Diamond Silverlight, the Grandmother of the Royal Foals.

"Yes, Shimmer?" Ophelia said as Shimmer bows to both Luna and her mother.

"Please forgive my intrusion; your Lady ship. But a nasty Royal Palace Envoy is demanding an audience with Countess Silverlight in the grand hall of the mansion house I have already informed him of the breach of protocol he ignored me and held back a rolled-up parchment he was holding in his hand." Shimmer said annoyed as Ophelia chuckled and then looked toward Luna who shook her head.

"Very well, your highness Shimmer, please stay with Luna till I get back, this shouldn't take too long I probably known what that rolled up parchment is. That faker is really pushing her to make-believe." Ophelia said it nonchalantly as she gets up from her desk and leaves the office.

"How is Somnus, your lady ship?" Luna inquiry as Shimmer leans against her mother's desk in front of Luna. Shimmer blink with surprise upon catching a glimpse of what kind of shoes Luna has on her feet.

"His two sisters were more worried about him went he went off to rescue you two without telling them of his mission. The three of them arrived together several hours earlier in their coronation outfits." Shimmer explains as Luna signs softly.

"Went did he find out?" Luna inquiry opening and closing her wings a few times on her back.

"A few seconds later, after one of our secretaries from the estate went to Royal Palace and witnessed your arrest with Cadence." Shimmer explains as the office doors fly open in step a very vexed Ophelia.

"What happened, mother?" Shimmer inquiry

"That damn faker is demanding that I give up our independence status and hand over you, Cadence and the Royal Foals for trial. I have no intention of doing that. I promised on my grandson grave that I will keep this family together no matter what. We are the Noble Silverlight Unicorn family? We fought against all the odds, no matter the strength. (Whipping her hand in the air pointing her finger toward the Grand Royal Palace in the distance) Shimmer gathers together our family and our retainers we have plans to make." Ophelia commands as Shimmer bows and runs out of the office to gather together the family and household staff.

"What are your plans, Your Lady ship?" Luna inquiry as a cunning smile forms on her snout.

"If that faker wants to take-on the Paladins of light, so be it. We will start a civil war with that fake Princess Celestia Silverlight and that Princess Twilight Sparkle. If we can distract that faker for some time. That should allow infiltration operative, Prince Somnus Silverlight, to search for their real missing mother. Why that going on Aurora, myself, you, Cadence, my two daughters, and her daughters will be in the field. But we can't do that till we spring both your troops from the palace." Ophelia explains as Luna had a huge smile on her snout.

"Don't worry about trying to spring my troops from the palace. Just get a message to my commanders. They will handle it themselves. Why you are at it get a message to Aurora's Solar Guard unit. We could use them in this Civil War against that faker have them free the Crystal Empire forces and have them team up with my troops to escape the palace, Your Ladyship." Luna explains as Ophelia agrees to her plan to get all the trap troops out of the palace.

~A few hours later after the meeting~

A single female equine morph with light blue feathered bird wings walks through the moonlit expansive estate garden of the Silverlight Stable attired in orange, red mid-knee-length dress and green strap sandals on her mid-sized bare feet with red nail polish. This female equine morph was Princess Aurora Silverlight. After the family meeting broke up Ophelia her great grandmother suggested that everyone spend the remainder of this evening with their most cherished. This suggestion broke Aurora's heart the most cherished to her was her mother Princess Celestia Silverlight the currently missing Sun Princess.

"Huh?" Aurora exclaims surprised as she notice a soft yellow glow emanates off the concrete path under a pile of falling leaves.

The longer blades of grass tickled Aurora's arches as she threaded through the soft green grass over to the pile of leaves. She stopped and crouches down in front of the pile of leaves. Using her five-fingered hand; she begins to brush a away the leaves revealing a small yellow glowing crystal that emanated a soft and warm light she could feel on her pelt. Tears come to her cobalt blue eyes as she brings her hand to her snout. She knows what this crystal is, and it breaks her heart more.

Slowly an old memory forms in Aurora's mind from long ago. This memory was her as four years old filly exploring the smaller palace garden of Grand Royal Palace in the Royal ward with her mother Celestia on one of her rare days off. She ran ahead of her mother on the path and encountered this same small crystal grown just off the path they were walking on. She reaches for it, and it felt like it burns her. She ran over to her mother with tears in her eyes tell her the crystal was evil and burn her. Celestia stopped and sat down on the ground so she would be at the same level as her daughter. She asks Aurora to show her, her hand. Went Celestia examined her small hand, it was unhurt. But to make it feel better; she kissed it and told her it will feel better in a moment.

"Mama, don't touch it. It will burn you." Aurora worried as Celestia reach for small crystal and touch it. She brought her hand back and showed Aurora she was unhurt by the crystal.

"No ordinary pony can touch this yellow crystal my beloved filly without being badly burned.But you are an exceptional little filly because you came from me the Sun Princess this yellow crystal is called 'a sunstone'. Only pony who is half Alicorn like you, Aurora can touch the crystal without being hurt." Celestia explains in a motherly voice as they continue on their walk in the garden.

~back to the present~

'A Sun Stone,That what mother called it she always told me as a filly if I touch it went I miss her. she will hear my thought deep in her heart. No matter where she is.' Aurora thought as she reaches for the sunstone and rests her hand on top of it. It felt so warm in her hand; she closed her eyes and concentrated.

In her small cell deep in the Grand Royal Palace dungeon, an unconscious and exhausted Princess Celestia Silverlight slumps forward after the latest treatment to keep her from regaining any of her strength. It has only been one treatment for today. Still, it feels like it been 7 months of unbearable tickling torture executed upon her quite large and sensitive white bare feet. For her evil alter-ego, know what part of her foot to target to drain away from her energy that much quicker and keep her meek and weak.

"Aurora, I can feel you.Please, my dear daughter, remain strong for your siblings. I am sorry I am unable to come to your help went you needed me again." Celestia said in hoarse voice as tears streak her cheeks.

Slowly an old memory forms in Celestia's mind from long ago. This memory was of Aurora as a five-year-old filly after she went to pick her up at the old Canterlot Kindergarten School a block down from the Grand Royal Palace. Celestia was normally to busy with her Royal Court sessions to go pick up her own daughter from the school and sends a royal maid to get her. But this day her daily royal court sessions end fairly early with no other meeting scheduled for today, she told the royal maid she will go get Aurora from School. Celestia took her time walking the block to the school to pick up Aurora. The parents of the other students glazed with shock went the tall and goddess gorgeous white Alicorn mare ruler of all of Equestria walk onto the school grounds.

Being the public figure, she stop and shook the hands of the parents that were present and talk to them for a little while. As she makes her way through the crowd of ponies, she spotted the crimson red mane with a pink strip of her filly with her back toward her playing with few other fillies. She whistles once get the attention of her filly, whose face lit-up with see her mother picking her up. Once Celestia retrieved her filly, she spread her wings and flew back to the palace. A few moments later, Celestia landed in the Palace courtyard. From their Celestia and Aurora head over to her private office as she had few reports to look over and read. After that, she will be free to spend the rest of the day with her filly, playing with her till dinner.

In the office, Celestia's set her filly down on the ground, and she walked over to a small castle play set with many equine morph small dolls dressed in royal clothing. Even those Aurora is technically an Equestria Princess (because of her mother); she enjoyed pretending to be one. This amuses her mother to no end as she was unable to do that went she was a filly. Satisfied that her filly was happily playing by herself, Celestia walked over to her desk and sat down to begin the last of her work for today.

A few minutes later, Aurora looks toward her mother, who was fully absorbed in her work, but she wants her to come to play with her. To get her to come and play with her a mischievous smile form on her snout. She gathered together several very ticklish feathers and quietly walked over to her mother's desk. The desk Celestia was sitting at has the front face removed as her legs were much longer than any given pony, and she hated banging her shins against it.

This left her legs and feet exposed out of the front of the desk. Patiently Aurora waited for her mother to stop swing her foot, went she did. She uses her dark blue magic aura to hold her golden sandal still as she worked on unbuckling the strap that held it to her mother's large white foot. A pleased smile form on the filly's snout went she saw through the opening her mother's white bare ankle. She leaned a little bit out so she can check if her mother felt her strap loose.