• Published 9th Apr 2020
  • 806 Views, 16 Comments

Solar Eclipse - keithsterling

  • ...
4
 16
 806

chapter 1

The Grand Royal Palace in Canterlot is beautifully decorated for the coronation ceremony of Celestia's three foals to be crowned the three newest royalties in Equestria. As the fanfare dies down ponies, morphs begin to take their seats in the grand hall of the palace. As each aisle of chairs fills standing at the front of the room wearing her coronation gown and coronation crown was Princess Celestia Silverlight.

She is joined at the front of the room by her younger sister Princess Luna Silverlight also wearing her coronation gown and coronation crown. Along with Celestia and Luna was Princess Cadence Sparkle, the ruler of the Crystal Empire and her sister-in-law Princess Twilight Sparkle the ruler of the Friendship Kingdom. Both were wearing their coronation gowns and coronation crowns. Sitting in the very first aisle of chairs in front of the stage was Princess Aurora Silverlight (Celestia's oldest daughter) wearing a finely made coronation gown and coronation crown. On her light blue slender bare feet were gold high heel pumps.

Sitting next to her was Prince Somnus Silverlight (her brother and Celestia's only son) wearing the full dress uniform of the Equestria Military replacing the black beret on his head was a well-made coronation crown (similar to the design of Luna's coronation crown, she commissioned it for him). Sitting next to him was Princess Blueberry Swirl Silverlight (his younger sister and Celestia's younger daughter) wearing a finely made coronation gown and coronation crown. On her light blue slender bare feet were gold high heel pumps just like her older sister had.

Somnus chuckles under his breath, watching his Aunt Luna slip her dark blue large barefoot with red nail polish out of her silver high heel pump as she prefers comfortable dress sandals to pumps. But she really has no choice as it part of the outfit she must wear for coronation ceremony. Somnus give a startled gasp upon seeing his Aunt Luna stare right at him from her position on the stage, he forgot that he is bound to her. So she sense him laugh at her plight with her uncomfortable pumps. Before Luna could say something her sister Celestia step forward her heels clicking on the stage.

"Welcome Gentlecolts and mares to coronation ceremony of my own foals. As their mother, I am so proud of them. I wish their father was at my side to crown them, but alas, he had passed away. But I know he is watching over them as they become designated Equestria royalty. My babies, my blood, my heart. Ponies of Equestria, please welcome my Royal Foals!" Celestia exclaims as the royal foals stand up and walk up to the stage to receive the blessings of the other Princesses of Equestria. Before long, the coronation ceremony of the Royal Foals nears its conclusion as the foals return to their seats. Their mother once again steps forward.

"Gentlecolts and mares, I have one more announcement to make. I wish to designate my successor to the Throne of the Sun now. Went the time comes to step down from the Throne of the Sun, my successor will take over my royal duties." Celestia said as a surprise announcement from her blindsided, the other Princesses at the coronation ceremony.

Soon the other three princesses look toward Princess Aurora Silverlight, who was shocked like the rest about this surprise announcement from her own mother. The moment she spoke the name of her successor, 'Princess Twilight Sparkle' tears came to Aurora's eyes. She ran out of the Grand Hall humiliated followed by her brother and sister since she was born she was told by her mother that she would be her successor to the Throne of the Sun went she step down.

~A few hours later after the coronation ceremony that same day~

Sitting behind her desk in her and Luna's private offices was Princess Celestia she was hastily jotting down the transfer of power letter for Princess Twilight Sparkle. Pacing back and forth angrily in the same room was Princess Luna, still wearing her coronation gown and coronation crown along with her high heel pumps. Looking outside through a window in office was Princess Cadence Sparkle wearing her coronation gown and coronation crown along with her gold high heel pumps. Sitting on nearby sofa was Princess Twilight Sparkle wearing her coronation gown and coronation crown along with her gold high heel pumps.

"I am very sorry to say, Twilight. You are very unsuited to be Princess Celestia's successor to rule all of Equestria, your inexperience ruling a large kingdom will bring ruin to Equestria as a whole. The best choice for that role right now is Princess Aurora Silverlight. Celestia's own foal, not you." Princess Cadence comments harshly as Twilight's ears drop atop her head, feeling a bit betrayed by her sister-in-law.

"What are you thinking, sister? Building up Aurora hopes to succeed you as the ruler of the Sun throne? Then crush it in front of every pony at the ceremony! Did you forget Justice warning to you about doing this to your own daughter!" Luna said testily as she slams her foot on the ground.

"She will get over it," Celestia said nonchalantly and unfeeling as both Luna, and Cadence gasp at once.

"She will get over it!" Luna said indignantly as she turns on her heels and walks out of the office, heading towards Aurora's bedroom were the royal foals will most likely be.

~ A few moments later~

In Aurora's bedroom, several small objects zoom about the air surround by her dark blue magic aura breaking on the walls of her room. Watching the full display were Prince Somnus Silverlight and Princess Blueberry Swirl Silverlight, who were playing a few hands of cards. Luckily for them, their older sister has full control of her magic ability, or she could have hurt her siblings with her outbursts. As Aurora calms herself, she joins her siblings at the small table and gestures Somnus to deal her in.

"Feeling better, big sister?" Somnus inquiry as he deals the cards to her to begin the game.

"Why would mother do that to you, big sister?" Blueberry inquiry as she kicks her pumps off her feet and picks up the five cards she was dealt.

"I'll tell you, little sister. Because our beloved mother is cold and calculating Alicorn mare. I am more popular than her, and she can't stand it, her own daughter is outshining the great Princess of the Sun, Celestia Silverlight." Aurora said spitefully as she forcedly kicks her pumps off her feet and picks up the five cards she was dealt as her nostrils flares.

"Now, Aurora! You know our mother is not that type of mare!" Somnus said sharply as he takes a quick peep at his card he was dealt with. Before gestures Blueberry to toss out the cards, she doesn't want in her hand.

"Then tell me, Somnus! Why did mother do it?" Aurora inquiry hotly as she studies him critically.

Before he had to answer, Aurora's bedroom door is open and in entering their Aunt Luna. She saunters her way over to the small table along the way she drags a chair with her to the table and sits down. Before she gestures Somnus to deal her in. She can feel all the anger from Aurora directed toward her as she adjusts the cards in her hand to her liking. With that, Blueberry toss three cards from her hand onto the table, and Somnus deals her three new cards from the deck.

"Thy mother shouldn't have done that to you, Aurora. You have the right to be angry. But don't take it out on me. Like you, I am upset with this. Your mother knows not what she has opened by doing this." Luna explains as she tosses out two cards from her hand onto the table, and Somnus deals her two new cards from the deck.

"Auntie, are you going to try and stop us?" Aurora inquiry as she tosses out four cards from her hand onto the table, and Somnus deals her four new cards from the deck.

"You are a Princess of Equestria, Auntie," Somnus comments as he tosses one card from his hand onto the table, and he deals himself a new card from the deck.

"Yes, I am a Princess of Equestria, my royal duty dictate that I stop you. But right now I am a mare and your auntie, my duty is to me, and it dictates as much as it will hurt I must let this happen. You must head down your own path, my dear niece, to an uncertain outcome." Luna explains as she lays her card face down on the table and creates a rope.

She hands the rope to Somnus, who follow her over to Aurora's bed. Slowly Luna sits down on the ground next to the bed and presents her legs to Somnus. Who proceed to remove her pumps and toss away from her. He ties a length of rope around her ankles to keep her from chasing after then.

"Will that outcome lead you back to me, your mother and cousin, or will that outcome lead you to a dark place. That no pony has ever come back from. That I am uncertain of, all I am certain of is that you will pick the right path went it come, my dear niece." Luna explains as Somnus finish ties the rope around her arms and wings.

"I am sorry, my dear, Auntie," Aurora said, apologizing as Luna shook her head back and forth.

"No, Aurora don’t be sorry; you have more of your father's personality in you then you think. This is most likely what your father would have done." Luna explains (a single tear runs down her cheek) as Aurora takes a running start and takes to the skies heading out of the Canterlot Grand Royal Palace.

"Nephew, wait!" Luna calls as Somnus turns back toward her before using his winking ability to escape from the Canterlot Grand Royal Palace.

"Yes, Auntie?" Somnus said very politely as he kneels down in front of the bound Luna.

"Somnus, I have taught you much about night magic over all these many seasons. But there still much I need to teach you before you can master it like me. So please, my beloved nephew be very careful without me; you are open to the corruption. If you become corrupt, then you will become like her a pony lost to your mother and me." Luna said, her voice breaking as she rests her chin on his shoulder and rubs her cheek against his in an affectionate manner.

"Auntie, as you say, I have learned much from your teachings about night magic, and yes, their very high possibility of me becoming corrupted by the dark part of my heart. Because of that. I implore you not to get involved with this or come face to face with your living nightmare." Somnus said, pleading as Luna weeps, watching Somnus wink away.

"Goodbye, my dear nephew. May the blessing of the moon and the night protect you from yourself." Luna said, her voice wooden and distant as tears begin streaking her cheeks. A moment later, from the hallway, Aurora's bedroom door is open by Princess Cadence Sparkle, who follows Luna out of the office a few minutes later.

"Blueberry" Cadence calls as she walks over to her adopted aunt Luna and begins to untie her.

"Yes, your highness, What?" Blueberry inquiry

"Will you follow?" Cadence inquiry

"I will cousin, I am sorry. But you taught me never abandon your family no matter what the outcome is," Blueberry explains as she winks away to catch up to her older siblings.

Slowly Luna composes herself and gets to her feet; she walks over to retrieve her tossed pumps. Just as the doors into Aurora's bedroom burst open through the doors enters their mother, Celestia follows by a small squad of Royal palace guards to place her foals under house arrest to keep them from rebelling against her. As Luna walks pass her sister, she gives her a monstrous glare as her mouth crimps in annoyance.

"Where are they, sister?" Celestia inquiry as she unfazed with her sister's anger toward her.

"They are gone, sister, you brought this on yourself by embarrassing your own foal that way," Luna said coldly as she continues into the hallway, followed by Princess Cadence Sparkle.

"If that so, then I order the Throne of the Moon and Throne of Love to assist the Throne of the Sun and Throne of Friendship in this rebellion suppression operation against my own foals," Celestia asked bluntly as Luna's face flushes with indignation with the request from her sister.

"So my answer will be perfectly clear, sister. I will not deploy my forces to assist the Throne of the Sun or Throne of Friendship in this rebellion suppression operation. You are on your own." Luna said testily.

"What is your answer, Cadence?" Celestia said bluntly as she taps her foot impatiently on the ground in front of her.

"I will not deploy my forces to assist the Throne of the Sun or Throne of Friendship in this rebellion suppression operation. You are on your own." Cadence said sharply.

"Very well, sister and adoptive niece," Celestia said bitterly as she raised her hand.

"Guards! Arrest Princess Luna and Princess Cadence for disobeying a Royal order. Place them in the dungeon until further notice!" Celestia said ruthlessly as the Palace guard put their arms behind them back and cuff them.

"Auntie!" Cadence screams as they take the Princess of love to the dungeon.

"You will regret your decision, dear sister!" Luna said venomously as they take the Princess of the night to the dungeon.

~Later that evening~

In a 10 x 10 square chamber of the dungeon of the royal palace with an iron door, both Princess Luna and Princess Cadence sits in a wooden apparatus with opening big enough for the slender ankles and wrists of a female pony morph. To prevent them from removing the disruptor ring from their horns, Princess Celestia orders them to be locked in the stocks for their stay in the dungeon.

This order has subjected the poor Princess of Love Cadence Sparkle to unrelenting tickle attacks on her defenseless feet by the more fiendish Palace guards, as she wears her pumps barefooted. Only the bravest palace guards have tickled the unprotected feet of the Princess of Night Luna Silverlight. She has warned them beforehand that their no hiding who tickles her as their dreams with giving them away.

"How are you holding up, Cadence?" Luna asks as light laughing and Sobbing come from Princess Cadence after the latest tickle attack on her defenseless light pink feet.

"I can't take any more tickling on my feet, Auntie! If they tickle me again, I'll lose it." Cadence voice grows maniacal as tears begin streaking her cheeks.

"Cadence, please hold on. We will be rescued soon, I promise." Luna said reassuringly as an earth pony palace guard enters the room and headed straight to Cadence bare light pink feet to tickle them.

"You disgraceful Palace Guard! Why do you tickle the feet of the Princess of the Night and leave my adoptive niece Cadence alone!” Luna yells spitefully at the Palace Guard, who ignores Luna's anger and frustration.

Cadence frantically shakes her head back and forth as the guard slowly approaches her defenseless light pink feet. Her face becomes a mask of terror; the closer he comes knowing it only a matter of time that he will begin to tickle her feet mercilessly, and she passes out. She desperately tries to pull her feet out of the holes that hold her fast and is unable to. An inch from her defenseless sweaty feet, the guard suddenly slaps his hand on his neck as if something stung him. Slowly the guard withdrew his hand from his neck with a flinch being held between his fingers was a small dart.

In the next instance, the guard collapses in front of Cadence's light pink feet and begins snoring in the room. Cadence and Luna look at each other dumbfounded as the iron door into the room opens up and closes soon after without anyone entering. The clicking of heels on the stone floor of the chamber echoes loudly in the room. A moment later, Cadence's chuckles softly in response to the playful tickling of her light pink toes; she didn't mind the tickle of her toes. Because the touch was very gentle meant to get her attention and not hurt her.