• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 1,359 Views, 134 Comments

The Dark Knight Triumphs - TheClownPrinceofCrime



A critical incident prevents the Mane Six from standing up against a new threat. Will the Batman return to save Equestria or leave it to its destruction?

  • ...
2
 134
 1,359

Chapter 15: The Chase

Clawbreak and Clavicle fiercely chased their two victims throughout the whole street until the latter turned to the next street to the right. “Don’t let them get away!” Clavicle yelled. “I’ll take Thorax! I will make him suffer slowly and painfully for all the humiliation he put me through as a youngling!”

“Then that leaves me with that friend of his! Perfect! I will skin that creature alive while Thorax watches! Then he will die with him!” Clawbreak added. Both evilly laughed while still chasing them down. “What about Bane though? We cannot forget about him!”

“We will find him after we finish our business with loose ends, buddy. He still needs to come clean with us.” Clavicle answered.

“Excellent! Let’s get ‘em!” Clawbreak said, following his changeling companion behind him.

Bane and Thorax ran across the street where there were plenty of cars and trucks filling the street right before the traffic lights. Once the light turned green, the vehicles started to drive through the road whereas the duo had to avoid being struck by any of the cars and trucks.

“Behind you!” Bane warned. Thorax looked behind him as told to see a speeding car coming right at him. He immediately flew out of the way to avoid being hit by the vehicle. “Stay close to me, little one! It is getting less and less safe out here!”

“You got it!” said Thorax.

“This way! Follow me!” Bane commanded, pointing to the tunnel on their left.

They both ran to the tunnel while they were in between several cars that were driving to the tunnel. The evil pursuers saw them and followed them to the tunnel. Clavicle flew above the cars while Clawbreak crawled on the tunnel itself from the inside, keeping his sight on their prey. Grinning maliciously, he slightly increased his speed until Clavicle was just a few inches behind him.

Once the evil changeling got a good view on Bane and Thorax, he ignited his horn in green aurora and blasted beams at them. Thorax saw the beams coming and dodged them one by one. Bane however made dramatic moves by front flipping over the cars, successfully evading all the blasts in the process. When the drivers saw the commotion, they suddenly pulled over to the side of the road. “What the heck?! Who are those freaks of nature?!” a driver shrieked.

“Oh no, I ain’t dealing with this craziness! I need to call for help!” another driver spoke. He grabbed his phone and preceded to call 911.

Meanwhile, Clavicle got another look at the moving vehicles. He suddenly got an idea. “I may not have a clue what those thingies are, but they sure do look...disposable.” he grinned. He fired three deadly beams at three cars that were in front of Bane and Thorax. He managed to blast their roofs off which exposed the drivers and some of the passengers. Then he looked at their tires. “What are those? Feet? Hmm, maybe blasting their feet off would do the trick.” he said.

He blasted the tires off which made the automobiles swerve around on the road until they crashed to each other. Realizing they lost all control, the drivers and passengers jumped out of their vehicles before the latter collied with each other in an explosion. The humans landed on the concrete being injured in the process.

Bane grabbed Thorax in his arms to prevent him from being smashed by the rolling car. Holding the little changeling carefully, he jumped away from another car that was on fire from the explosion. He then reached to a safe sidewalk away from the inferno. “Thank you for saving me, Bane.” Thorax smiled.

“Don’t thank me yet, friend. It’s not over yet. We have yet to find cover somewhere in this city from these two.” Bane admonished.

“You’re not going anywhere, fools!” Clawbreak shouted. He and Clavicle surrounded their victims left and right to block their escape. The wicked changeling licked his fangs as he hungrily beheld his prey.

“Time to say goodbye to your friend, Thorax! Once we’re done with him, you’re next!!” Clavicle said gleefully.

“Indeed! Come on, Clavicle, let’s have our FUN!!” Clawbreak sharpened his claws as he slowly advanced towards the cornered duo. Bane still held Thorax in his arms and tried to figure a way of escape from their persecutors.

He instantly got a flashback where he saw himself in a similar predicament when he saved Talia from being murdered by the violent inmates in the prison eons ago. He remembered being beaten brutally almost to death as a result of his selfless sacrifice to save the life of that girl whom he sworn to protect. Although he was excommunicated by his former master from the League of Shadows, he still had a strong relationship with Talia years later.

Bane prepared himself to strike once the opponent was about to make his first move. He would be more than willing to fight against his own allies even if it meant saving someone else for his own plans or because of the bond he had with Thorax.

Suddenly, shots were fired. The bullets struck Clawbreak’s right arm, disabling his right claw. “AHHHH!!!” he screamed in pain. Clavicle turned to his left to see dozens of police cars surging to the area they were in. The first car revealed Commissioner Gordon having his firearm on his right hand. He blew some smoke away as it came out of the barrel.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?! These creatures have weapons?! What are they?!” Clavicle shouted. The police officers then took their guns out and pointed them at the creatures.

“Don’t move! Don’t move!” one officer ordered.

“Get down on the ground now!” another commanded.

“Step away from the hooded citizen...and whatever that bug pony is!” the third yelled.

Thorax saw the escalation in surprise. “Whoa, these humans have those type of weapons? Somehow they remind me of the Royal Guard from Canterlot. Do you know what those thingies are, Bane?” he whispered.

“Those are called guns. Very effective weapons of defense and war.” Bane replied, still holding Thorax.

“Wow...that’s cool! I want one of those.” Thorax said.

“You might end up hurting yourself, Thorax. But I’ll teach you the pros and cons in the future.” Bane said.

“I don’t know who you are, but NO ONE commands ME!! LORD TIREK IS MY MASTER!! He will be dominating Equestria in the next few moments! DO YOU HEAR ME, BIPEDALS??!!” Clavicle screamed at the top of his lungs.

“Tirek? Who’s Tirek?” Gordon asked rhetorically. “You three, get those two innocents to safety now! The rest of us will hold off these hostile animals!”

“Yes, Sir!” one complied.

“Dominating Equestria? That doesn’t sound good. Twilight and her friends could be in danger!” Gordon said.

The officers kept their guns pointed at the creatures until they looked down below their legs to see Bane and Thorax completely gone. Clawbreak followed their gaze to see what they were looking at. To his shock and anger, they were gone. “DAHHHH, look at what you creatures have done! Our prey disappeared!! Ouch!! My arm!! Clavicle, hold them off!!” Clawbreak ordered before dashing off to catch the duo.

“WHAT?! I’m not doing all the work, Clawbreak!! Get back here!!” Clavicle yelled. He then blasted their cars with deadly beams. Some of their cars exploded which killed several of their officers and wounding the others. Gordon and the untouched officers ducked for cover behind their vehicles. Then they returned fire on the aggressive changeling.

Clavicle had neither the time nor the patience to hold them off. Not having any clue what those weapons were, he got struck on his left arm and right leg. Screaming in pain, he flew away from his attackers and tried to follow his hybrid companion.

Bane and Thorax reached to the end of another road as they stood before a tall skyscraper under construction. Deciding to find cover in the half-built skyscraper, they rushed to the entrance and passed by all the construction vehicles and piles of dirt and rock. They remained silent for a few moments as they sat down to catch their breath and to relax.

“Those humans...have the capacity...to resort to violence when necessary. Those guys actually saved our lives. If it weren’t for them, we would’ve been dead!” Thorax recalled. Bane folded his hands together and drew close to Thorax.

“Indeed...they did.” Bane said. “Of course, they would’ve had my head if I had revealed myself to them.”

“Maybe these humans aren’t that bad after all. Some of them may be bad and all, but now I realize that...perhaps...perhaps not all of them are bad. I’m starting to think that there may be good people that dwell in this city.” Thorax said.

“I highly doubt that.” Bane honestly spoke. “Considering the history of harboring cruelty and injustice that made it a decadent city, I find it very hard to believe that theory. What saving grace does this city have?”

“Well, probably those guys out there that saved us. Think about it, Bane. Clawbreak and Clavicle would’ve killed us if they hadn’t interfered to stop their brutal attempt of ending us!” Thorax argued.

Bane then took a moment to think of what he said. Those police officers actually had the audacity to step right up to save their lives. Not too long ago, he saw several officers in the streets who were actually bonding with the civilians on the streets and helping the poor—something which was never done in the history of Gotham. He even saw former criminals who were previously locked up in Blackgate Prison now making steps in being good citizens such as community service. He was shocked to see them smiling with joy.

How could it be possible that a city—full of injustice and vice—is actually making progress in reform? This was something that Bane never thought would ever happen in this city. He then started to have second thoughts on his initial plan in going to Wayne Enterprises.

Suddenly, a brick wall exploded right next to them. Clawbreak jumped right out of the smoke and opened his functioning claw. Clavicle descended from above and landed behind them. Bane and Thorax stood close to each other while facing both foes. “Good thing we can smell you two pests!!” Clawbreak said.

“There is no escape this time!” Clavicle added.

Before they could attack, Bane rushed up to Clavicle and punched him three times in the face so hard that he was knocked out. Clawbreak stood in shock at what he did. Enraged, he jumped right at him. “I WILL KILL YOU FOR THAT!!” he screamed.

Bane dodged his attack and jumped on his back. He kicked and punched his neck several times which caused him to wince in pain as he had more sensitive skin. Once he saw his claw approaching him, he got off of him just before Clawbreak accidentally scratched himself. “OWWW!! HOLD STILL, VERMIN!!” he yelled. He turned to see the hooded figure again.

Thorax then crashed against his face to blind him. He was tempted to absorb his love but couldn’t since that would only increase his feral nature. “I really do not want to resort to love drainage as that’s what Chrysalis would want me to do. I don’t live that life anymore.” he thought.

Bane looked up and saw what Thorax was doing. “You have to figure out a way to stop him and fast!” Thorax said. Clawbreak struggled to regain vision and desperately tried to get the changeling off his face.

“Get off my face, Thorax! You’ll regret that!” Clawbreak threatened.

Bane started to look around to see anything useful that could give him an advantage. He looked back and saw a crane carrying a large, steel beam. Then he looked down to Clawbreak who was now fighting Thorax after he got off his face. He got an idea. He entered the crane, turned on the engine, and lowered the crane’s arm right above Clawbreak.

“You see my face?! Your life is done!!” Clawbreak said, pinning Thorax to the ground.

“BANE!! HELP!!” Thorax cried out.

“Bane? Wait, he’s here?! WHERE?!” Clawbreak asked, frantically looking back and forth, not noticing the metal beam just above him. This made him loose grip of Thorax.

At that moment, Bane released the beam. Throax flew out of harm’s way. Too late to see the large object descending on him, the beam landed on his head and crushed his skull. His blood splattered everywhere. His detached body lay lifeless on the ground.

Bane turned the crane off and reunited with his friend. Thorax hugged him in gratitude and nuzzled him. “Thank you, Bane! Thank you!”

“What can I say except, you’re welcome!” Bane said. He softly hugged him back.

Clavicle regained consciousness and saw his hybrid companion dead on the ground. Then he turned to see his enemies still alive. “NO!! CLAWBREAK!! I will have my revenge, Thorax!! You will pay!!” he threatened angrily. He flew off from the contraction site.

“What do we do, now?” Thorax asked.

“I need you stay here and find somewhere safe. I have...an important business to begin elsewhere.” Bane said.

Author's Note:

All the animals which Clawbreak killed in his whole life have been avenged. Yay! :yay: