• Published 8th Mar 2020
  • 2,228 Views, 27 Comments

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Friendship is Magic - Paulli



Sucked into the realm of Equestria, Jotaro Kujo must find out the circumstances behind his mysterious transportation.

  • ...
2
 27
 2,228

3 - Scootaloo

Jotaro Kujo winced. Winced at the very sudden transformation that he undertaken. His face contorted, eyes small as pinpricks and sweat pouring out of his pores on his head. He stared on longingly at his new form with some form of disgust as deep within his inner thoughts. He contemplated on how did he end up in this. Why did he change form. And what machinations of forces working behind the scenes could have done to pull Jotaro into this predicament.

Only when he heard a noise did his train of thought was ceased.

The noise he heard, wasn't any kind of noise. It was a voice. A voice made by something.

No. Maybe Someone.

It sounded... feminine. Or so he thought. Almost, human even.

As Jotaro turned his head to the direction of the voice, in order to ascertain who, or what rumbled about.

And the source of the voice just stood just mere feet of him.

"Uh, mister? Do you need any help?"

The source of the voice is that of a creature. Probably a native of this strange world. Its tone is that of a very young child's, a girl's to be specific. What's so peculiar about this creature is that it is miniscule. It has a small stature and that it stands on four legs, making it quadrupedal. Its fur, or if that was its fur, is orange, and on its face are freakishly huge pair of eyes, which to the human eye is impossible if the law of physics is tackled, and finally its head is topped by what appears to be hair, whose shape is similar to that of a human's.

To Jotaro, who was startled a bit by the fact that the little creature just uttered something to him. Fluent, cohesive sentences. He might think his mind was playing tricks on him... but no.

He actually heard words coming out of the creature, and judging on what his eyes examined on its body structure, it appeared to be some sort of equine creature, complete with toeless feet, assumed to be hooves. If Jotaro guessed it right, it bore a resemblence to a miniature horse, whose body, unbeknownst to the him, he shares with the tiny creature.

He pondered to himself for a brief while, and his mind for a time, entered in a state of conflict, while not intense, was a little pressuring for him. If that "horse" actually could talk to him, then he might as well be considered a lunatic, because a part of him thinks he's actually lost in some weird nightmare where he lost his hands and he comes talking face to face with some odd equine-like creature. A part of himself thought that if Jotaro should trust the creature, since he undoubtedly heard it ask a question, confirming its sentience, he might be able to find clues on how exactly did he end up in this world, the origin of the Speck, and find a way out of the realm, if the latter thought is to be believed.

He eventually yielded into his latter thought. But seeing the weird situation that he was trapped in, Jotaro cursed to himself, but then again, he has to find a way out of wherever he's in. So he answered the equine,

"No... no. I don't need your help, kid."

It was then that Jotaro made his first attempt to stand up. Pushing his arms against the dirt, he tried to erect himself to an exactly upright position like every human being would do.

Except he can't.

Jotaro quickly lost his balance, and he fell on his back, a grunt escaping his lungs as he nearly smacked his head against the ground. And he hoisted himself up, heavy breaths he took from himself, swearing some more as the orange equine continued to stare on, confusion in its features.

He tried to stand again and again. Each time he fell. Each time he slammed his back.

Lifting himself up, sitting, he exclaimed.

"The hell? Why can't I stand?", he attempted once more to stand upright. But fell for the final time on his rear, his left arm pressed on the soil.

"Um. What are you doing, mister?", the creature asked.

"Leave me be, kid. I'm trying to stand up here.", he tried to lift himself up for one last time, grunting heavily as he gave it all he could, spent all of his energy on his own hind legs to get himself in straight erect position.

Until his exhaustion eventually outstripped him. He exerted all of his energy contained in his rear. He eventually rested on the grass, and huffed about. He was tired. Quite. Tired after that experience he endured, being pulled by the Spark, struggling to escape its tug, and eventually nearly killing him as he landed on this spot. He lifted his head, and his eyes staring out, eventually connecting to the peculiar equine creature, who gave back its own. The creature uttered again, startling Jotaro a bit.

"Are you okay? You seem to be having trouble standing up."

"Tsk. My legs are fine, kid. I just don't know how, or why is it that I can't bring myself up on my feet. It could either mean I lost my balance or I'm simply tired.", he responded as he groaned at his own frustration of being unable to stand up, feeling completely helpless.

"It's because that's not exactly how you walk, silly."

"What do you mean?", Jotaro asked, some twinge of confusion ripe in his face.

"It's because ponies don't walk on their two legs. We actually walk on all fours, like this.", the creature blithely explained.

"F-four? What do you..."

!!

"Wait a goddamn second here. Did you just say, "pony"?

For a brief while, Jotaro was caught off his own guard. His confusion transformed into that of uncertainty, his eyes narrowed down, and his features increasingly ill at ease. He pondered off that spare time he's got, mentally asking himself on why did something like this happened to him, was this why he can't stand, or the fact that he lost his hands and were reduced to stubs.

So many questions, yet so little time.

Did that thing just said "pony"?

I don't know what the hell's goin' on or what's happening around me, but I don't even recall horses talk in full sentences. No... I ponies... ponies can't talk. They're animals after all. Animals don't talk and think like us.

Then why the hell that, "pony" was it? Then why the hell did that pony talk. I'm quite certain that I actually heard sentences off its mouth. But I'm still crazy, right? I can assume that I got hit my head so hard, or that that Speck stuff must have wrangled and played around my head like a damn fiddle, that I start to see things around me, things that aren't supposed to be there. Things that do shit that's just impossible and whatnot to reality or something. But then again, if I really was crazy, then I would've seen everything in a dream-like trance. It all seemed real. The grass, the clouds, the mountains....

This thing.

Ugh.

Screw this.

If it actually said that word pony, but not the word in a singular sense. But a general term.

Ugh!

If that's what it actually meant... that could actually mean one thing...

Staring at his hooves, though a he was a little confounded, he tried his best to compose himself, and he finished his final sentence with an assumption that...

So these stubs of mine aren't really stubs at all.

Looks like I didn't really lost my hands. They're still there. Only transformed. Yes. Transformed's the precise set of words for it. They've become...

Hooves. That's right... there's not an inch of doubt about it. Because if I really was a horse, I could only feel one finger as a hard, solid hoof. Which means...

That Speck must've transformed me into...

...!

Never mind about that. I'll just have to do whatever this pony-thing tells me. That way. I could ask some questions. If it... no... she was it? The voice I heard was female no doubt. Right. If she can provide me some answers about what really is happening in this world, I could find a way getting my ass out of this shit.

Yare yare daze.

Putting all accumulated questions of his mind off for a while, Jotaro Kujo, who now discovered that he has transformed into a "pony", or this "world's ponies", he suspected, has made his first move.

Once again he tries to stand up. Now with enough information about the circumstances of his form change, he planted his new pair of hooves against the dirt. Then he tried to lift his hind quarters up, still struggling to do so. Now in a quadrupedal position as the little pony just said, Jotaro fight hard to still himself in his new stance. He wobbled about a bit, forced to adjust himself to his new equine form. His struggled hardly to keep himself still, his face showing more irritance and frustration than before,

"Damn it.", fumbling a bit on his left hoof. The pony simply watched his awkward stance, sitting on the grass waiting for him to make a step with his new form.

Still wobbling about, Jotaro has finally adjusted himself a bit. He took a step with his left hoof, and let out a sigh, finding relief that he could now stand and walk about while in this new body, as stupid as it sounded, he thought.

And he asked the pony, "Hey kid."

"Yeah?", the pony answered.

"Mind telling me where we are? What is this place?"

"Well... I don't know actually. I was just hanging out with some of my friends and then I got lost here. And that's where I found you lying on the grass and stuff. I can't seem to find them all over here.", the pony answered. Jotaro gave mainly no remarks about it. However, based on what she said, she had friends a while back. A family even. This didn't surprise Jotaro in the gravest though. He had seen weirder than this. He should have. But he wouldn't let that thought impede his focus on outside matters.

"Friends? So you're lost? Yeah, so am I. "

"Wait. So you're lost too.", Jotaro answered with a quaint nod.

"Don't you have any friends? Any family? Anyone you look up to? A-and if that's really the case, that means you're not really from here, right?", the pony added.

"Correct, kid. However, I don't look up anyone's ass as anyone's life is concerned. This is why I'm asking you this.

OK, next question. If you don't know this place, what do you call this world?"

The very question was quite odd for the pony. Because to her eyes, anyone of her kind is supposed to know the place they were born. And now she comes face-to-face with a pony (or whom shd thought) that doesn't even know where he is or had no idea of how he ended up there in the first place. She asked back,

"Wait, you don't actually know where you really are?"

"Isn't the answer obvious? I just asked you what you call this place. Not like you see me like some dime a dozen, run at the yard horse galloping on hay or grass, browsing on it with flat teeth or whatever.", Jotaro dryly remarked, clearly irritated by the pony's cumbersome question, it left the pony somewhat dazed. But he wasn't that careless whatsoever as to just spill out the truth without decision, as it would be unwise for him to say such, especially considering that he's talking to a child. And a child usually is a stranger to everything until his mind is of the right age. Having read a couple of science fiction works as well as some crossovers and fantasy literature, this is what they usually respond to someone who unintentionally lands in some foreign world, a native of its tries to know the stranger, and the stranger attempts to explain everything to the native, and he-she'd be left utterly puzzled. This is exactly the very situation Jotaro has himself in. Only this time, is for real.

His eyes closed over, Jotaro had to come up with something so he can slip his way out of all confusion. Having finally found the right words in order to answer that pony's question. He finally opened his eyes and answered.

"I... I don't remember quite a bit. My memory's a bit blurry. Mind refreshing it for me?"

"Oh. I see. Since you asked for it..."

The pony cleared her throat.

"You're in Equestria! The most magical and the most awesomest land of them all! Everything here is magical, well, with a load of exceptions. You know, with everything that happened here and stuff."

Jotaro just stared on, letting the name of the world sink in as he returned to his mind, grumbling.

Tsk. So this world's called "Equestria", huh? Hmph. It sounded like some 3-year old toddler came up with it. That name sounds stupid, but judging by the etymology, the name has something to do with horses. I guess that's what accurately describes this whole place. It could be populated with ponies, probably bigger and smarter than that kid. Or maybe not just these kinds pf ponies...

I may have been sucked into some weird and over-the-top ridiculous sorts of dimensions and pocket worlds. Like that one Stand that actually made fun of me, my friends and Star Platinum. Well... at least that's what Kakyoin told me that night. But to me, it feels like a nightmare. Not that I remember everything else.

But... I've never been actually been in an alternative universe or worlds of all kinds, if I'm guessing correct.

Things may have been bizarre my whole days as a Joestar. But none of that even catches up to this level of "weird" that I've crashed my ass on...

Yare yare... what am I doing here. It's not time to talk about pointless crap like this.

Her profuse enthusiasm suddenly transformed into that of uncertainty when she just appeared to remember something, she just forgot.

"Oh sweet Celestia! I can't believe I'm dragging this for too long! If I I'm not gonna be able to find my friends and my family go home soon, oh, boy, they're gonna be so worried sick! Can't you believe it?! Oh, no. What am I gonna do?", the pony panicked. With about no other option or a way to get herself reunited with her friends and family, whoever they are. She lapsed into a state of hopelessness, and her chest suffered a series of rapid heartbeats as her own panic attack caused her lungs into hyperventilating. She felt utterly and totally helpless. With no one to help her with her lonely situation, she sat down, still in the said panicked state. She was about to give into her own despair and grave desolation when it was suddenly broken.

Broken by a stoic voice coming for her.

"Hey kid. You said you were lost aren't you?", Jotaro broke the pony's state of pessimism, causing the latter to turn her attention to the tall, imposing human-turned-equine who asked the question.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You said you were with a group of friends when you split up and ended up in the middle of nowhere, right?"

The pony answered with a nod.

"Then I can take you home."

"Really?!"

Before Jotaro can make his next move, he was suddenly met by the eyes of that same pony who for some reason, is just standing only a close distance to his person. The facial expressions he saw shook him up at most. Her pupils had grown about twice their original size. So big, that the shine reflecting off can be easily seen. The same could be said for her mouth. Her grin grew ever wider, showing some teeth biting against each other as the pony emitted a soft but squeeky squeal, testifying her sudden return to that enthusiasm that she exhibited before.

Though Jotaro was startled, and irritated at the same time, his teeth barring against each other, his eyes narrowed, he never, not at once, freaked out when he is faced with a look so eccentric that it could easily put a normal person into a state of craziness. He closed his eyes, just let it slide and answered,

"Yes. I'll take you home to your family. I've got nothing much to pick on in this empty place anyway. It's the least I can do to help. Not that I wanna deck out some deals or anything."

"Oh thank you sir! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you soooooo much!! I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they see this pony, the one and only, alive, unharmed and well! And a new friend to boot!" She danced and ran about around Jotaro cheerfully, the latter didn't mind much, knowing some of his experiences with children and how feisty they can get. But before she could go out her own rowdy behaviour, she was suddenly halted.

"Hold your horses. We're not even there yet. I have no idea where the hell your friends are. I couldn't just take you anywhere without wandering in a desert finding nothing but air like a bunch of half-baked hermits. You gotta think first before you start paddling your legs."

"Oh. Sorry. I'm just so, very excited to see my friends again. You wouldn't believe what I've been through to get this far.", she muttered with a sheepish grin.

"Now I'm gonna ask you this. Where was the last known position you and your friends travelled to when you split up?"

"Well. If I could remember anything. Me and my friends were in a little crusade in this huge rocky area. You know, bunch of cliffs. Something happened to us and we quickly split up. I think that's when I ran far out into a nearby crack and, uh. I think that's when I ended up meeting you here.", the pony answered. As she could recall, something did happen to her and her friends while they are in the middle of a sort of trip. But then, they split up, that's at least what she could remember. She had not the foggiest about the rest of the details, as some incident must have drove her into a state of panic and ran off into the crevice she spoke of. She was more focused on saving herself first before whatever it was is able to get to her.

"Then our best bet is to find that crevice and that rocky area. Only then, we're able to find our way home. Am I right?", Jotaro concluded.

"Maybe. But please, I just wanna go home. My friends my worried-sick about me right now. They could be thinking I'm a goner, or worse."

"Then buckle up. We're off then."

Jotaro began embarking on an about o be incredibly long trek to find the hidden crevice in which the little pony traversed through to escape danger. The crevice that could lead to the rocky area that she had recalled travelled on with friends and family. That very area with cliffs could be the only plausible path towards the pony's distant home, hundreds of kilometres away from Jotaro and the lost pony's current position.

While usually a moody and silent individual who can get aggressive and openly foul at anyone who had the audacity to tick him off. But deep inside Jotaro Kujo, is a heart of gold, a virtous soul, and a willingness to protect the innocent from those bearing ill intentions on them. Whoever they are, whatever shape, form, or mindset they have, he is always there to help and will put his own life at risk when the situation calls for it.

"Wait!"

But he was suddenly stopped when he was called upon by the same voice just miles behind him. Standing still on all his fours and turning his head behind, Jotaro saw the pony that lagged behind him with a expression that looked like she was tired. Stopping just a few meters from him, she said,

"I forgot. I, I think we haven't met yet.", she huffed.

"We haven't known each other on our first contact. Do you mind telling me who you are?"

Jotaro just stared on, seeming to disregard the question the pony asked him of. No. Instead, he dropped his indifferent, cold facade, and with a weak sigh, he answered,

"You want my name? Sure. But before I tell you who I am, I suggest you give yours first. That way it's pleasantries for the both of us. I won't be much of a problem if I get to hear your name first."

"Okay. Hi, my name is Scootaloo. Nice to meet you.", finally introducing herself, Scootaloo held out her right hoof for Jotaro, who was a bit put off hearing about her name sounding, at best, odd. As she continued holding up her hoof, the latter replied,

"Scootaloo, huh? Now that's a weird name your parents called you.", holding out his own hoof, he began wrapping it around hers and they finally shake, as a possible symbol of a new mutual friendship blossoming out between the two of them.

"And you are?"

The sun had already descended into the horizon behind Scootaloo and her strange companion continue to stare off at each other, their hooves still wrapped up each other. With each passing second, and the blue sky having changed color to a brilliant golden hue, when they finally dropped the hoofshake, Jotaro just stood there for some more time, while Scootaloo eagerly waited for an answer.

The man-turned pony finally answered.

"Kujo.... Jotaro."

--To be Continued-->