• Published 8th Mar 2020
  • 2,227 Views, 27 Comments

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Friendship is Magic - Paulli



Sucked into the realm of Equestria, Jotaro Kujo must find out the circumstances behind his mysterious transportation.

  • ...
2
 27
 2,227

4 - Trek

Equestria
- Rocky Wastes -

They've introduced each other. They revealed their names. And after small exchanges of glances from one another, the duo of Jotaro Kujo and the little pony known as Scootaloo finally embarked on a harsh trek to find the hidden wall crevice which Scootaloo had used to slit through and escape an unknown danger yet to be told.

And as they tread through the harsh, cold, empty barren wastes, moving past the smooth, soft grassy soil that eventually transitioned into a rough, rocky, bumpy surface. It was an arduous trek indeed. But they've pushed on anyway. In spite of his complaints about the hard, sharp rocks he's stepping on. But the sharp rocks aren't the biggest gravity of his problem, even though with each step, his hooves would hurt despite their density against solid ground, alongside some fatigue toxins, as he did not mind this much pain at all. He has endured far worse. Instead, all his complaints focusing on the fact that in his new form, he is forced to walk on all his fours, and he muttered within his mind with a gruff tone and an exasperated expression,

Great. I officially hate myself now. Me walking on my fours really grinds my damn gears. I miss walking on my own two feet already.

Even though he already disliked his new equine body, it did not shatter his resolve, because if that meant delivering a lost child like Scootaloo back to her home safe and sound, Jotaro Kujo would not back down from anything he does, no matter what happens to him, physically and mentally.

"I think we're almost there!", Scootaloo exclaimed a distance away from Jotaro.

While they continued down the rough, rocky roads, the ground unpredictably from smooth, to bumpy, and then rough... and then ad nauseam. And as they continued on, Scootaloo went on to ask Jotaro if she could tell him all the adventures and wacky experiences she went all these years of her life. Not that her companion's aloof disposition would even mind, he let her spill everything she knew. After all, it'd be nice for Jotaro finally rid himself of his own boredom while just wandering around in the middle of nowhere with nothing of excitement to come around.

Scootaloo started her story. According to her accounts, as far as she can remember. She was born an orphan and was left under the care of somebody's home. She explained everything she can remember. Then, on that faithful day, she met two of her friends and promptly described each of their character and how they live together in companionship. They were named Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. Collectively, they are known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Before Jotaro can even lament on how ridiculous the very name Scootaloo and her friends called themselves, she explained to the former concisely on what "Cutie Marks" are and of their existence in every pony in Equestria. To simply put it, a Cutie Mark is physical indication of a pony's innate talents, located just above the hind legs, and coming in different shapes, sizes and forms depending on each individual. Scootaloo showed hers to him, but Jotaro responded with a scoff. When it seemed that despite hearing about the absurdity of this very concept, Jotaro kept himself stern and unmoved. But no, he was actually lamenting to himself about that same absurdity, tipping his hat left like he usually does as he expressed subtle umbrage.

As the ground becomes a mix of both gravel, sand and grass, Scootaloo went on with reeling the story by telling Jotaro of the misadventures and antics she and her friends have hurled themselves to. Hence why they are called the Cutie Mark Crusaders, their primary objective is to find their hidden talents so they could obtain a Cutie Mark on their flanks. This objective however, often puts the three fillies into a huge myriad of perils, tribulations and troubles along their way, in a similar fashion to a person doing publicity stunts that endanger the lives of innocent people. This was exactly what Jotaro had been thinking the time he let the words in Scootaloo's story sink in. His face lapsed into that of brief belligerence, and he raised his voice on the filly a bit. As it almost reminded him of the time of their crusading days to find DIO, when some kid just barged in to the ship chartered by the Speedwagon Foundation for the Joestar Group, who refused to jump overboard because she lied about finding her father in Hong Kong, only to be caught and almost dragged to a watery grave by Dark Blue Moon's sinister grasp.

But since that irreverent brat was nothing like the filly he briefly scolded off, Jotaro let his cool take over. As Scootaloo apologized, as it often gets herself into some comeuppance from her elders, as she's already used to, she went along with the story. She also explained how she and her fellow Crusaders got their Cutie Marks.

Jotaro was unmoved however, but he let the whole story sink into his mind, with no intention of forgetting every detail. As uncanny as it all sounds, at least to him anyway... he had not told her his bizarre story yet, which would probably make her jaw heavy to the point of dropping to the floor, he thought.

Scootaloo was done with her fellow Crusaders. She then started telling him her other group of friends whom she believed would be dying to meet someone like him for helping the filly find her way home. Among these friends were named Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity. She told Jotaro all of their adventures they've spanned over their lifetimes, the trials and errors they've journeyed, the friendships they've built, the wars they've pacified, as well as the evil that stood before them, one diabolical force after another.

Well... almost all of it, as she states that she was not in some of their escapades at all.

But that wasn't even the greatest story Scootaloo has ever told Jotaro with. Above all else, the one pony that she was fervently eager for him to know is the one and only Rainbow Dash. Her idol.

As she describes, Rainbow Dash is the fastest flier in Equestria, only because she possesses an extraordinary ability that no one in this world had ever had: The Sonic Rainboom. A legendary technique, it propels this individual within the speed of sound, hence why it is called, "Sonic Rainboom". It leaves an EMP-like energy shockwave radiant with the colors of the light spectrum that spreads out in a gigantic circle. Of course, as Jotaro would expect, Scootaloo kept bragging on how "incredibly awesome" this Rainbow Dash character really is and how intensely fanatical she is following her "hoofsteps", much to a small amount of chagrin on his part. Because to him, Rainbow Dash must be just another run-of-the-mill speedster among speedsters he'd already read in comic books, magazines, television, books, movies and the like. Although he might think that this Sonic Rainboom could be just a rip-off of a fictionalized Sonic Boom, and thus a fluke, Jotaro wouldn't just openly spill it, as he'd already know better not to break a child's spirits... especially those who look up towards another figure.

However, what he could possibly lean on the bright side of it, is the fact that this Rainbow Dash was not only a friend of Scootaloo's, but also that of a relationship based off true kinship. Not only she takes care of "Scoots" as she calls her often, but also looks to one another like they were sisters. They take care of each other, they worry one another, and, when trouble arises, she would make sure to keep her safe and is willing to risk herself for it. At least that's about any good qualities Jotaro could possibly find from her moral compass, even though he really isn't that fond of sibling relationships among others. That, and the fact that she is known to be a competent player in her game, and would never resort to cheating to win. That's what at least he would win from her...

The ground transitioned once again, becoming flat and, thank goodness for Jotaro, comfortably smooth. But still rugged nonetheless...

As Jotaro and his filly companion kept on the pace, the latter's storytelling instantly ground to a halt when he called out,

"Hey kid,"

Scootaloo responded, "Yeah?"

"Is this it?"

As Scootaloo's pivoted her head in Jotaro's direction, she emitted a soft gasp.

They've stumbled across a gargantuan wall.

高い

It is a wall composed of nothing but solid, dense rocky sediment, crafted by nature's finest from the ground-up. It has a maximum height of approximately 122 meters and a thickness of more than a thousand inches. Not only that, this massive wall is considered unclimbable, due to the wall's sharp vertical geometry, thus making it too steep for even cloven hooves to grasp.

And Jotaro broke off the eerie stares by himself and the filly by saying,

"Well? What are you waiting for? You go find that crack you slipped yourself through."

Scootaloo nodded, and promptly set out as she was obliged to. Taking a close look at the rocky wall, she stood up and used her frontal hooves to scale the steep surface, hoping to locate the crevice that she claimed to have escaped with, and in doing do, would lead her into the vast rocky area all the way home free. She kept probing the wall, as she sidestepped to the left. Jotaro just looked on. Watched her do as was told, with a narrowed expression covered by a shadow cast off his ever-present hat.

And he waited for something to happen, hopefully something to get himself out of his boredom, and hoping that the little filly could find this crack she was talking about.

And a few seconds later, he was alerted by a call.

"Oh no!"

And not so optimistic a call at that.

Following the source of the call, Jotaro strode closer to the gargantuan rock wall, noticing Scootaloo still clinging on its rough facade, with the optimistic face she had exhibited before had morphed into that of worry and panic. But before he could even ask what happened, he instantly realized that the area that the filly has clutched on is the exact location of the crevice she escaped through. Except it was too late.

That area had collapsed. The crevice had been concealed. Piles upon piles of rubble had fallen down the dusty floor from above the huge wall. The boulders are too big and too heavy for anyone to carry off the ground. Jotaro Kujo his companion pony are trapped. Lost in the empty, barren wilderness. With not a glimpse of hope escaping from the vast nowhere they end themselves in.

And Scootaloo galloped towards and then clutched on Jotaro's forelegs, her own weight not even budging him, exclaiming,

"Oh no! Jotaro, what are we gonna do?! We-we can't be stuck here like this! I have to go home and be with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle again! Oh no, we're gonna be stuck here in this place! Uuugh, this is bad! The crack's gone! We can't get oitta here! What do we do now?"

Jotaro didn't respond.

He just kept staring ahead, not even heeding anything coming from the desperate filly clutching unto and shaking him hard.

He didn't move a muscle, nor an eyebrow.

Despite practically being rocked to and fro and being constantly begged about by the filly, Jotaro hadn't lend even a single ear to every complaints from the little pony, nor did he try to change his seemingly indifferent expression.

But no... in reality, little did the filly know, Jotaro actually went back to his deep thought, knowing all to well of what really happened around his vicinity. He thought.

No doubt about it. It must have been a while since she creeped through that crack on the rock.

It collapsed. There are too many rocks plugging up our only exit. Seems we can't find our only way out by any normal means. We can't even go around this thing either, 'cause two gorges flank both sides of this rock, both very deep. And even if I managed to safely land at the bottom, it only meant to knock that pony out cold if I carry her.

I have no choice. If I have to get this kid outta here and get her reunited with her family and friends, I'll play it safe and go easy street on this.

Yare yare. Looks like I'll have to smash my way through these rocks.

"Kid."

Scootaloo ceased all attempts to get Jotaro to listen to him. She stopped rocking him over and over, and her pent up frustration instantly faded away. Her eyes trained at Jotaro Kujo's face, still indented and showing no emotion. And he spoke,

"Stay back."

"What are you...?", and Scootaloo stopped asking further, knowing that it could have aggravated the tall, aloof stallion as he shoved her gently aside and began his steady approach to the towering rock wall, stopping just mere feet from it.

And there he stood. Staring at it seemingly for no reason at all, or so Scootaloo throught, the filly also staring back at him, eyes wide but curious and her expression neutral but a little anxious. She waited, and hoped something happened out of the ordinary or a miracle to fall down on her so she can finally get out of her very own sticky situation.

And as for Jotaro Kujo...

He closed his eyes. His expression calmer than ever. No frustration or anything of the sort to batter him down to the ground. He kept himself together.

And he hauled in air for a soft inhale, letting its soothing freshness cool off his lungs. And when he breathed out an exhale, his chest heaving in as he let that same air escape through his lips and readied himself for whatever he's going to do.

And by the time his eyes finally opened. It began...

ORA!

And out that familiar battle cry he bellowed out had broken the very pretense of the ordinary to shards. Because out from his very person emerged a very familiar face that he always had with him for a long time. Bearing his battle cries with it, this feared entity broke out from Jotaro's body in a dazzling array of sparkles and glitter, with its well known look of black gloves adorned with golden studs, three-piece headband worn on the forehead, the recognizable shoulder pads decorated by a spiral, the frizzy, long and flowing hair that stretches out and the ever familiar purple skin.

With that, Star Platinum exploded forth from Jotaro's person, armed to the teeth and ready to dish out some intense pounding, bearing a dreadful scowl that'll probably send a mere person begging for mercy. Jotaro's Stand also underwent the same kind of transformation that its master had underwent: It has taken on a more equine form, with similar physical features to its master yet with a litle more muscular frame. And even though its hardened fists had transformed into hooves, that did not even hamper what Star Platinum does best.

Wasting no time and bearing absolutely no hesitation from the matter in front of it, Star Platinum immediately rolled its new right hoof in a form resembling a fist, barring it tight and solid. Followed by its left "fist", the Stand began barraging the humongous rock wall with a blurry but extremely devastating broadside of jabs, all the while crying out its signature but rather so familiar roar,

ORAORAORAORAOAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!

And just like that, the assault is relentless. He's not stopping, and does not intend to, Star Platinum kept up the pace and continued smashing its way through the rocky interior, drilling a massive, gaping hole that keeps growing wider and deeper, and with each passing moment, the fists plowing through like a jackhammer with unlimited power. The force of each impact was so great, it sent a wide assortment of chunks, dust and husks hurtling out behind the Stand's figure, each of them bouncing and dancing down the earth before coming to a rest. And as this happened, Jotaro Kujo simply walked through the drilled hole caused by Star Platinum's attack, bearing an uncaring expression throughout, not caring about whatever happens to his well-being as long as he can get himself and his pony companion out of the blockade. That is only one thing, and one thing alone he could think about.

Scootaloo watched, her jaw refusing to connect and letting its weight overwhelm her control as she was struck with pure astonishment to the very destructive display unfold in front of her. To her eyes, it would seem that Jotaro was using some sort of invisible force to break his way through the rocky barricade, and just walked through casually without another piece of thought. But she was only half-right however. Because she is not a Stand user much like Jotaro, and only Stand users can see Stands, to her eyes, it's an invisible force seemingly out of thin air.

Still not ceasing the assault and battery, Star Platinum continued drilling through the rocks with unrelenting and unstoppable fury. The speed of its punches at steady pace and its momentum kept growing more dangerously destructive. It still bellowed out its battle cry as it did.

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!

ORAORA!!

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!

Pulling out both fists and ceasing its broadside, Star Platinum didn't stop there. Its right fist still held tight, it finally unleashed the full power of its potent strength locked within itself and launched the final blow to the remaining solidity of the rock blockade.

ORA!!!

The fist made contact, and it shattered in an in instant.

The immense intensity of Star Platinum's blow was enough to cause the very earth itself to rumble for a brief period, knocking Scootaloo off her hooves, but managing to hold herself still as it happened. And after that assault finally ceased, so did the rumbling. And silence dominated the environment, as well as clouds of dust that began encompassing everything between both individuals in and out of the newly drilled tunnel carved out of the rock wall.

And once the dust expanded and eventually faded away, all was left was the surrounding environment, the two ponies, and the most obvious feature that suffered a drastic change.

What was once the rock wall was torn wide open from its very surface, a big gaping hole carved off its features, the space big enough for a small group of people to go into, and below are pieces and husks of pebbles and boulders of various sizes packed up against each other on the earth. And when the dust settled down and the light of the sun seeped in and bathed the innards of the wall for the first time, there stood a silhouetted figure, out in the open bright light, blotting out some of the light.

After Scootaloo coughed off the dust from herself and wiping the rest with her hooves, she slid her eyes open again, and turned ahead to gaze upon what exactly happened to her surroundings. All she saw was the wide open hole on the former obstacle that is the rocky wall, staring back at her.

And her eyes shrank a little, and her jaw dropped. Her whole expression already spoke for it all. Unable to contain the awe and utter astonishment and having nothing to say much about the incredible display shown to her, she could only stare ahead, as far within the huge gap carved of the rocks, the dark figure slowly swiveled to his left in order to stare back at her.

And the figure, none other than Jotaro Kujo himself wearing a rough and unwavering exterior in his face, shot his two eyes back at the dumbfounded little filly some distances from him. Tipping his hat to his left side as a display of how intimidating he can be, Jotaro declared,

"And now, kid."

ドドドドドドドド

"It's my turn to tell you... my bizarre story."

--To Be Continued-->