• Published 8th Mar 2020
  • 2,227 Views, 27 Comments

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Friendship is Magic - Paulli



Sucked into the realm of Equestria, Jotaro Kujo must find out the circumstances behind his mysterious transportation.

  • ...
2
 27
 2,227

1 - The Spark

New York City
- 2017 -

New York City. The capital of the world. Home to a lot of famous skyscrapers. Rich with history and oh so even wonders. But that's not even the most interesting aspect of this tale.

Within the massive conglomeration of skyscrapers, all shapes, sizes, configuration and purposes in which they are built, deep within the bowels of the streets, people striding by the sidewalks and noisy vehicles sounding off an ambience of painfully unbearable mix of horns, engines and traffic, are two figures just stationary there by a bench and a bus stop sign.

These two figures aren't just what one sees as just some ordinary pedestrians waiting for a bus or to stop by them so they can board and go into whenever they want to and whatever business they deal with.

The figure standing by the left is an old man. This old man's face and skin whose appearance is typically seen of an average old person. Hunched back because of his age, having wrinkles, walking using a cane, wearing false chompers, pince-nez glasses, a baggy coat and pants and a brimmed hat with long flaps covering the sides of his head adorned with leopard spots.

The figure standing on the right is a young man, likely his relative. He is well-built in physique, and what's inside him is concealed by a long leather jacket that runs below his waistline, fastened firm by four buttons. He wears a black hat on his head marked by a golden circle and beside it an open palm. He just stares off into the open, busy cityscape, but the traffic, the noise polluting the air, and the smoke regurgitated by the vehicles' exhausts did not serve to deter his posture. His face remained cold, seemingly indifferent. But on the other side of the coin, he seemed calm... assertive, and above all else... stoic.

Then, the man spoke.

"Jotaro. I forgot again. What will be the time the bus would stop for us? I just fetched the tokens I've forgotten."

"Yare yare. Old man, time flies, gotta live with it.", the young man spoke.

The old man's name is none other than Joseph Joestar. Born 1929, he was the grandson of the late Jonathan Joestar, and much like his grandfather, is a user of the mysterious martial art called Hamon. Facing some incredibly fantastic endeavours back in his prime, he trained under a shadowy master of Hamon named Lisa Lisa, revealed to be his own mother, Elizabeth Joestar. He encountered the ancient humanoid beings called the Pillar Man. Against all odds, with his deadly use of trickery was he able to come out on top, to the point where he cheated death itself.

The young man beside him is his grandson, Jotaro Kujo. He was aptly named "JoJo" much like his grandfather before him. He is a user of a mysterious psychic power called a Stand, a presumably evolution of Hamon, that is a manifestation of one's fighting spirit, passion, or desire. Back in his time as a delinquent, he was helped out of prison by Joseph Joestar, helping him in knowing the nature of Stands in general. With this knowledge and willpower he accumulated, was he able to defeat other malevolent Stand users before him. When his mother, Holly fell ill due to the manifestation of her Stand in correspondence to her kind disposition and lack of such spirit, Jotaro, his grandfather and friends embarked on an epic journey to Egypt to find and defeat DIO, the evil vampire responsible for the heredity of Stand powers caused by his hijacking of Jonathan Joestar's body. Jotaro is currently working as a world-renowned marine biologist, having finished his thesis on starfish in the late 90s. He is currently having a break from his work, is a family man and has a sole daughter.

"I just asked a simple question. Good grief. This is how young-uns would respond to their elders nowadays. Oh, time flies by indeed.", chimed Joseph, disgruntled by the huge difference between his and today's generation gap.

"It's already past 8. The bus might be a little late. And will you do it with the old generation stuff. You were pretty rebellious yourself when you were young.", retorted Jotaro.

"But at least I was respectful to women! Not that I'd treat them so lowly like they were nothing but property." Joseph, still insistent on the tidings of his own time, could just simply tell his grandson how much of a difference between how society worked between his age and what he ended up today.

But Jotaro, knowing all too well of how a bit of an arrogant windbag Joseph was and was still like that even in his current age, responded with a cold tone, "Says the man who had the balls to cheat on his wife, cross-dress and then peeking a keyhole on his own mom."

Before Joseph had to retaliate with whatever witty little remarks left in him to finally prove his grandson wrong, he was interrupted by a weak but ever increasing roar. The roar only grew louder as the engines of an incoming passenger bus, a commodity of New York's pedestrian area, kept steady until it died down.

Died down as the one-decker bus steadily slowed to a halt in front of the awaiting Jotaro and Joseph. Opening its door, it let some passengers disperse out into the sidewalks. It was their turn. The Joestars' turn to board the passenger seats in the bus.

Everyone was all accounted for, many people are doing whatever they pleased inside the seats and the poles. They slept, they played games on their devices, read something, some just stood, holding one of the poles, and some just waited for the conductor to floor his accelerator.

As for the Joestars, Joseph was on the left side of the seats, close to the center of the bus. Jotaro, meanwhile, was seated almost adjacent to his grandfather, taking a leftmost seat beside a window. His jaw rested against his palm, his elbow placed against the base of the window. He stared out in the open streets seen from the window. No expression coming out of him and certainly of no worry, just his eyes out in the open streets.

As the bus began roaring its engines and started to drive towards the street to its destination, everything seemed to go smoothly and swimmingly. No incidents, no extraordinary anomalies coming out of the blue. Nothing. Just a normal, beautiful sunny day for the Joestars to live on.

Jotaro Kujo was just staring at the window of the bus, various establishments, people, and objects swooping past his eyesight with incredible speeds as the vehicle accelerated further on. Until...

Something instantly caught his attention and eyes.

Jotaro suddenly winced when his eyes caught glimpse of something he didn't have concur to be ordinary. His expression remained firm, not faltering. As he narrowed his eyes and got himself a bit of a clearer look into a tiny little speck hovering in front of him.

A speck.

It seemed that Jotaro was just seeing things, just his imagination or something maybe. Or maybe not. The speck that hovered some inches away from his vision seemed to be trailing the bus at the exact same speed, as he saw it not moving away rapidly like the background. He thought to himself if he really was just seeing something nonexistent. That his mind was playing tricks on him.

Then it quickly danced. The speck danced. Jotaro watched as the bright purple point of light moved in a series of patterns reminiscent of that of a bee's, making curls, circles and hairpins. Then it swept off. Quickly blasted away like a bullet out of his vision in a second.

Jotaro suddenly felt a sense of suspicion and uncertainty for what the nature of this speck was, how it came to be, and why it faced him out the window. Enough to break his silent mood for a second, he briefly turned his eye slightly behind, attempting to peek at what just happened. He saw nothing. Nothing but the thin air, and the speeding street and buildings. Jotaro kept his stare behind for a while.

As the bus drove into the horizon into the city, the point of light made a slow descent closer to a sidewalk. Then it made a soft halt just above the solid surface.

The Spark twinkled brighter than ever. Never dimming out

--To Be Continued-->