• Published 4th Sep 2012
  • 3,821 Views, 134 Comments

Dean's New Life - Moon_Skritch



Dean Yarlo, simple teenager, stumbles upon something that will change his life forever...

  • ...
13
 134
 3,821

Chapter 11: Pinkie... will you...

Chapter 11
Pinkie...Will you...
________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a few days after the hospital trip, I have slept great, no visions, no bad dreams. Mr and Mrs. Cake gave me a job at Sugarcube Corner, helping with cleaning and stuff, it pays really well. Pinkie and I are getting closer it seems, whenever she is sad about something, all I have to do is walk in the room and she becomes happy again.

It's my day off and I walk past the jewelry story, I glance in and see a diamond bangle in the window, I stop and an idea pops in my head, what if I proposed to Pinkie, she has been so great this past month to me, I wonder how she would react if I did.

I look at the price, 500 bits, I whistle at the price, I better start saving up, I take my wallet out of my pouch and look in it, 100 bits, I get paid 25 bits weekly, this is going to take a while. Hopefully no one takes it, just then I see it get picked up by the owner of the shop. I sigh, crap what am I going to do now?

I start to walk back to Sugarcube corner and I look up and see Alex and Rainbow kick clouds, making them dissipate, Alex got a job working with Rainbow as a weather pony, he looks down and waves his hoof, I wave back and continue walking, he lands next to me, “What's up Dean?” he asks, “Eh, Nothing really just heading back to work.” I say. “I saw you looking in the window of the jewelry store, what were you looking at.” “Nothing just window shopping.” He looks at me and says, “Mmhmm, window shopping... what's the real reason.”

I sigh and let it out, “I was seeing if I could get a bangle for Pinkie, because well, I was...” I pause. I know he knows what I'm going to say, but he wants me to say it. “I was...wanting...to...propose to Pinkie.” I say slowly and quietly, “Then go get it dude, if you need bits I can help you out.” he says. “It's already gone, the owner picked it up and some customer bought it already.”

“Lets go back dude, there is probably others in there that would work.” he says, I nod and we turn around and head back to the store, we go in and the owner greets us, “Ah, Welcome to The Shining Stone! Feel free to browse around and let me know if you find what you need!” “Thanks.” I say to the owner and walk up to the cases, and see a lot of assorted jewelry. Alex follows me as I look around.

I see it, the one that would be perfect. It is a bangle with light pink gemstones around it, I look down at the price: 250 bits, I tap Alex and point to and he nods and says “Perfect for Pinkie.” he pulls out his wallet and hands me 150 bits, I look at him and ask “You sure you want to use your money on me?” “Dude you are like my best bud, of course I am going to help you out with this, come on this is like a once in a lifetime thing.” I smile and the shop owner looks at us and says, “Did you find what you were looking for?” I nod and point to the pink bangle and ask “What type of gemstone is that? The pink one.” The shop owner opens the case and pulls it out and says “Amethyst, very nice choice.” I bet he says that to everypony.

“Dude get it Pinkie will love it, because her favorite color is pink you know.” Alex says, and I laugh. “Are you proposing to somepony?” The shopkeeper asks, I nod and say “Yeah it's been on my mind a lot lately and I wanted to get something that fit with her, and this pink bangle sure works.” The shopkeeper smiles and says “Okay then, 250 bits.” I lay down the money and I ask, “Can you put it in a case? So it'll be more secret looking.” The owner pulls a case from a shelf and places the bangle in it, he places the case with the bangle in it down and takes the money and puts it in the register.

I feel warm inside as I pick up the case and put it in my bag, thinking of how Pinkie might react to me randomly stopping what I am doing and kneeling down to propose. I thank the shopkeeper and we walk out, we glance at the clock tower and it shows two fifty-five PM, break will be over in five minutes.

“So when are you going to do it?” Alex asks me as we walk back to Sugarcube Corner, “I don't know yet, but I want to do it soon.” I say. “Isn't there a party tonight?” Alex asks. “Not sure, it's probably just a small get together, but I do think it's tonight, because Pinkie said something about a party this morning. At six o' clock I think.” I say.

We arrive at Sugarcube corner, we 'brohoof' and he takes off back to work, I walk in the door, lay my bag down, hopefully Pinkie doesn't look in it. I get back to work, doing chores around the shop, cleaning shelves, sweeping, all that kind of stuff. Five o'clock finally arrives, my shift is over.

I go back over to my pack, pick it up and look inside, the box is still there, thank goodness. I feel a tap behind me and I freeze, “Whatcha got there Dean?” Pinkie's voice says behind me. “Uh, nothing, just looking at what I have in there.” I say. “Can I see?” she asks. “Uh, There's a present in there, but its a secret present and I can't show anypony.” I say. “Who is it for? Can you tell me that?” She says. I shake my head, “I'll give it to the pony at the party.” “Okee dokie lokie!” She says, which makes me laugh a bit. I close my pack and put it on.

“So do you need any help with setting up the party?” I ask the pink mare. She thinks and finally says, “Uhh, Oh! Since you can fly you can put up streamers!” I nod and grab the streamers she hands me and I put them up where she wants them. The whole time I'm doing this I am thinking of how I will do it, proposing to her, how will I make the moment.

We finish decorating the place and I fly down to Pinkie and she hugs me, her hugs make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. I look at the clock, five fifty-five, we hear a knock at the door and its everypony else. “I can't wait to party hard!” Rainbow says, “Yeah! This is going to be awesome!” Alex says. The clock ticks up to Six o'clock and Pinkie shouts “Let's Party!” She cranks up the jukebox and some upbeat music plays, “Ooh Come on Dean this is my favorite song!” She yanks me over to the center of the room and starts to do random dancing, I dance around and everyone joins in laughing.

We dance around for the whole song, acting silly and stuff. The song ends and we laugh, my stomach growls a bit, so I walk over to the snack table and grab some food, I sit down and eat. Alex sits next to me and asks “So when are you going to do it.” “Do wha- oh you mean-” I say but he hushes me and says “Not so loud, don't mess it up. So what's your plan.” and it hits me, I tell him “Okay, I got a great idea, you go over to the jukebox when everybody is not dancing or its just Pinkie and me dancing, and you turn on a slow song, I will dance with her, then when the song is finished I will do it.” He gives me a 'brohoof' and says “Amazing plan dude, I will wait by the jukebox.”

I walk over to Pinkie and she smiles and hugs me, I look around and notice its just me and her on the dance floor, I look over at Alex and he moves the needle and the song changes to something slow, I don't know what it is but it will work. I look at Pinkie and she looks at me confused, “Shall we dance?” I say in a formal tone, not sure why. She giggles and takes my hoof, we dance around slowly for a while. The song comes to an end and she kisses me, “That was great Dean.”

This is the moment I needed, I take a deep breath and reach into my pack, pull out the case, and kneel down, She watches me, her eyes getting wide. I open the case revealing the pink bangle “Pinkie, will you...Marry me?”

Her mouth opens with a wide smile, she yells with joy and hugs me, picking me up, “Oh my gosh Dean! That is a definite yes!” I put the bangle on her hoof and she looks at it, “It's pink too! Dean you are so awesome!” She hugs me again and gives me a deep kiss. I close my eyes and kiss back.

I hear the others “Awww, Congratulations you two!” I smile as Pinkie holds onto me. “Dean, I love you so much!” she says and gives me another kiss. My heart is screaming with joy, I am so happy right now I could just explode, but that would be messy.

Pinkie and I spend the rest of the party being with each other practically, Alex and Rainbow are sitting on a couch facing a window holding each other, they must be getting along greatly.

The look at the clock and it shows twenty after midnight, I yawn a little bit, been a long party but a great one, I look over to Pinkie, her eyelids are starting to droop a bit. She leans into me and closes her eyes, I hold her and a smile appears across her face, which makes me smile.

“Whoa look at the time!” Twilight announces, “I need to get home so I can get some sleep.” everypony else nods, “See ya everypony, Congratulations Dean on the engagement!” Applejack says on her way out. Rainbow takes Alex to her place. Pinkie sleepily waves goodbye to everyone.

After everypony leaves I take her to her room, I kiss her and she smiles, she looks like she could fall asleep at any moment, I guess Pinkie has a limit of partying. She pulls the blanket up and falls asleep instantly, I smile and go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, it has been a while since I have looked at my self lately, black mane, brown eyes, tan coat. I kinda still look like my human self, not in the face just the colors, it's pretty funny, Alex looks nothing like his human self did, blue coat, blue mane with a yellow streak. I turn to the side and see my tail, which is black also. I sure do look different.

I take a shower and head back to the bedroom and get into the bed, I roll over to face Pinkie, who is facing me, I close my eyes. Sleep creeps up on me when I feel movement, I jolt my eyes open and see Pinkie shifting closer to me, I put my hoof around her and she opens her eyes. “You okay Pinkie?” I ask, She smiles at me and kisses me deeply, “Yep.” She says, moving closer to me, continuing to kiss me, she pushes me back on the bed, still kissing me, and gets on top of me. We then, well can't go into that right now, it gets too crazy for words.

After our fun, which was awesome, we lay down next to each other and sleep. I like this new life much more now...
(end of chapter 11)