• Published 10th Feb 2021
  • 556 Views, 23 Comments

Like You, Love You - ChillyKitty



Lonely Love has confessed her love to many, but this is the first time she's confessed to a princess

  • ...
1
 23
 556

Lonely Love

Lonely Love paced across the throne room in her mentor’s castle. She had put her note book down to pace, as writing while waiting seemed impossible. She forced herself to breathe. She was doing this. She’d done it over a hundred times before so why was she freaking out now? Well, when she confessed her love to others before she was never too attached. Sure it sucked, but it’s not like the world ended. However, she’d never confessed to someone she really didn’t want to lose before. She’d never confessed to a princess before.

She’d been Twilight’s student since she’d been arrested. It was a very merciful punishment, considering that this punishment had finally allowed her dreams to come true. For the first time in her life, her ability to see love wasn’t a curse. Because, for the first time, somepony was in love with her.

She adjusted her mane and scarf for the third time that morning. She glanced back at her tail to make sure it hadn’t gotten tangled in her pacing. She tried to force herself to breathe again as she thought of what to say to the mare of her dreams.

“Twilight.” the green unicorn started, talking to herself as she moved around the room, “I’ve been.. No..” she mumbled, “Ever since the day we met I..” she sighed, how should she word it? “Twilight, I need to tell you something-”

“Tell me what?”

“AAAH!” She jumped and turned to see the alicorn in question. “Did I say Twilight?” her voice went up an octiv. “I didn’t mean Twilight I meant…” She scanned the room, “The table! I needed to tell the table something. I was… making a joke.. To myself...” she lied.

“..What was the joke?” Twilight tilted her head as she stepped closer. By the stars, she's adorable.

Lonely felt herself blush as she looked away, “Uuuh.. I forgot?”

There was a silent moment before Twilight shrugged, “Okay.”

Lonely breathed out a sigh of relief. “So what are you doing here?” she asked.

“I was looking for you.” She smiled and Lonely’s heart pounded as she saw that look in Twilight’s eyes and heard that sound in Twilight’s voice. Every time she saw or heard that she became more certain of one thing; Twilight is in love with her. Lonely had always been able to tell when a pony loved another. There was this glimmer in their eyes, a charming ring in their voice, a wonderful thing reserved for other ponies, never her. Until now. Now she had somepony who might actually accept her confession. Lonely was forced to snap out of her giddy thoughts as she listened to the alicorn. “I needed to tell you something.”

“..Yes?” Lonely said, barely able to hide her goofy grin.

“I have to cancel our magic lessons today.” She said sadly, “Something came up with the students and I’ll have to spend most of my time over there at the school… But um, Starlight said she had a spell she could show you and that she was going to invite you to a cafe... It had something to do with food...”

What should she have expected? Not a confession, of course not that. Though she longed for those words of affirmation, she knew that she’d have to be the one to say them. She dreamed of the day when she be asked out to a beautiful party with fancy dresses and chocolate cake. Where she could cling onto another pony's arm and cuddle up to their side till her heart's contempt. But that wasn't going to happen. She had no school dances anymore to expect invites too and she only just now finally found somepony to love her. She would have to be the one to find the right words to tell her love, and she desperately wanted to, but it was so hard.

Lonely, only slightly disappointed, spoke with a smile, “It’s okay, there’s always tomorrow. For now, I’ll settle with a ‘food spell.’”

Twilight nodded. They stared at each other smiling for a moment that felt like forever, though it clearly wasn’t that long. “Well- I better um, go do that stuff.” Twilight said, suddenly turning around.

“Oh uh, yeah.” Lonely said as she watched the mare walk away from her. Twilight was about to step through the door and Lonely could barely breathe let alone keep her voice to herself. “Twilight, wait-” She covered her mouth with a hoof, she hadn’t meant to say anything.

“Yes?” the Princess turned and began slowly trotting back, a curious expression on her cute little face.

Lonely blushed, she coughed, trying to hide said blush. She failed. “I um..” she began, unable to look at Twilight, “It’s..” what was she going to say? ‘It’s nothing’? Well that’d be the biggest lie of the century. “I..” she looked at Twilight’s eyes. Her beautiful eyes, filled with love. They were practically hearts as she looked at her. “I like you.” Lonely was able to say it whilst distracted by the love in Twilight’s eyes. And then she realized what she said and blushed hard. She couldn't breathe. She couldn’t think. She could barely see straight.

“..I’m..” Twilight said distractedly, blushing almost as hard as Lonely was, “I’m sorry.” she spat out quickly as she turned and ran out the door.

Lonely sat down, staring at the door as her heart beat out of her chest. It all happened so quickly to the point that she’d barely processed it. Was she just turned down? Was she wrong about Twilight’s love? What if she was thinking of somepony else? It was certainly possible that somehow, every time Twilight looked at her, she was in fact thinking of someone else. Though it wasn't likely. Did using the want need it spell warp Lonely's ability? She shuttered at the possibility. Her talent was matchmaking, she didn't know how she could possibly fulfill her cutie mark if she'd lost her sense.

She had no idea how much time passed before Starlight Glimmer trotted into the room and then stopped in her tracks. “..You okay?”

“..Huh?” Lonely said numbly, “Oh, yes.. I think I just ruined my life.”

“What?” Starlight laughed awkwardly.

“Nothing,” Lonely shook her head before standing and trotting to her friend, “Twilight said something about you teaching me a spell?”

“Oh? Yes I-”

“Let’s go.” Lonely started her trot without checking to see if Starlight was coming. There was pretty much only one cafe in Ponyville so it’s not like she’d need directions. She probably could’ve left the castle in a much more subtle manner but she wanted to learn this spell quickly. Perhaps if she was learning, she wouldn’t think about the mistake she just made. She felt so stupid, she fought to keep her ears from pressing against her head and her eyes from watering. She tried desperately to instead focus on the spell she was going to learn as Starlight caught up with her and wordlessly trotted alongside her.

Author's Note:

its here
its actually here
i started writing this so long ago
aaa

expect an update (almost) everyday (probably)