• Published 18th Feb 2020
  • 290 Views, 10 Comments

RoMS' Extravaganza - RoMS



A compendium of various blabberings, abandoned projects, and short stories.

  • ...
 10
 290

PreviousChapters Next
Dec. 19-May. 20 - When The End Came To Town - 10

“So you plundered state property?”

Cheerilee guffawed behind her hoof and I threw her a look.

“I mean...” I fumbled over my words before leaning over to hug Cheerilee tight. . “Yes, I did. I was out of options and I wanted to have a good time with my dulcinée.”

“You’re speaking fancy, Mayor,” Pinkie chimed in.

“You bunch Elements of Harmony have had a strong influence over Ponyville.” I snickered. “Especially Rarity. You can’t have a business magnate in such a small town without it affecting the customs.”

“Let’s stay focused,” Neighsay ordered, his head dropping into his hooves as an angered sigh escaped them. “Let’s put aside the thievery for a moment. What did you mean by the book glowing yet not glowing?”

Cheerilee, Pinkie and I shared a look.

“We did look at the book,” Pinkie confessed.

“And what did you do then?”

“We stepped in,” Cheerilee said.

Neighsay leaned back against the back of his chair in surprise. “That was suicide.”

We burst out laughing and his expression grew gradually from indignation to horror.

“We kinda knew it, I guess,” I said.

“And you still did it.”

“We did.”

A knock at the door obscured behind Neighsay started us. “Mister Neighsay, can you let my friends out?” a young shrill voice asked vehemently. “At some point, you’re going to have to let them go.”

“I’m not finished, young one,” Neighsay called out without turning back.

“I don’t care. I’m going in!”

“Don’t you dare.”

And that shrill voice I’d not heard in months laughed, and the door opened, and with it, a single cascade of light burst in, and with it the warmth of summer and the chant of cicadas.

The writing in the book belonged to Sweetie Belle.

PreviousChapters Next