• Published 18th Feb 2020
  • 273 Views, 10 Comments

RoMS' Extravaganza - RoMS



A compendium of various blabberings, abandoned projects, and short stories.

  • ...
 10
 273

PreviousChapters Next
Oct. 12th, 2019 - Prologue

Author's Note:

Arrived 2nd out of 7.

A great ordeal and upheaval once graced the magical land of Equestria. Ponies looked up at the sky and aimed for the black ceiling of the night. To reach the stars, science competed with its wise and ancient sister: magic.

Unicorns, seeking for revelation and control, looked at their earth pony relatives with fear and suspicion. Earth ponies spited their horned cousins for their ego. Pegasi, meanwhile, knew the price of the feud was the sky and further above, and lent their hooves happily to either side. Glory was the reward, and their blind mistress.

Equines led by hubris or the laudable intent of exploration threw themselves at each other’s throat. War was declared and spiralled out of control. Blood quenched the thirst of many and Equestria’s furrows and, when the mists of war finally dissipated, the outcome shook Ponykind’s foundations.

Star were reached, but came with a hefty price: Equestria.

Ponies, now skybound and with dust for a home, aimed further in the black deep and ventured in search of new worlds to settle.

An era in its death’s throw let a new epoch down. Ponykind spread, broke down, and thrived… uncovering in the meantime the mysteries that still lay far between the stars.

Exploration, expansion, exploitation, and extermination now rhythm the cold of the emptiness of space. And, everything being equal, the sky was forever changed.

And you know what’s wrong with that? I can’t escape a forever changing sky, one that morphs all the goddamn time and wants to eat you, if my co-pilot lost the key to the bloody spaceship start-sequence! In the cargo-haul! Somewhere around that tied-up and screaming blue pegasus who stowed herself on *my* ship!

“I think she got too much of the flour juice, Captain,” my co-pilot said. “Talking about needing to go back to Equestria, and other what-nots. A bunch of hoo-wees, right?”

“I don’t care,” I spat back. “If you don’t want to get gobbled by a black hole, find the keys in one of those fucking cardboard boxes!”

PreviousChapters Next