• Published 18th Feb 2020
  • 271 Views, 10 Comments

RoMS' Extravaganza - RoMS



A compendium of various blabberings, abandoned projects, and short stories.

  • ...
 10
 271

PreviousChapters Next
Dec. 19-May. 20 - When The End Came To Town - 7

“Firebombs?”

“I was young, okay, mister.”

“And stupid, I presume.”

“No, just young.”

A sniff cuts them off and eyes turned on to Pinkie, hunched over to the side of her chair. “I didn’t know Rarity hurt so much. I’m terrible.”

"It's okay, Pinkie. It's not your fault," Cheerilee says, offering a pat. "Sorry if I painted your friend in a... ungrateful light. I am sure she’s better now."

"I am sure she is," the stallion says as he lines four letters and a heavy leather-bound book on the table. He points at the latter. "But, sadly, I need to talk about this. Who gave it to you?"

Mayor Mare squints and leans forward to reach out for the letters. Sorting through them, her eyelids close to a slit. "Why are you intercepting our mail?"

"Collect would be the better term." He clears his throat. “Also those are addressed to Princess Celestia. Do you really think nopony would sift through them before they reach her? You’re not her faithful student afterall.”

"Oh, come on." Cheerilee says as she rubs her temples. " Enough with the interrogator spiel. I've debated you enough on the school board to know your annoying voice, Neighsay."

"Ah, ah!" Pinkie exclaims with a rejuvenated glee despite the redness in her eyes. "I knew it."

“Why do all the Crown’s agencies have to meddle in Ponyville?” Mayor Mare murmures, her head in her hooves.

“It’s inspector Neighsay for you, lady,” the stallion directs Cheerilee, his pointy black beard the first to appear into the light as he leans forward. "Also, impressions matter most. Come on, you know that."

"I don't recall you were the type to hang out around the Great and Powerful Trixie."

He drums his hooves on the table. "Point taken."

"So,” Mayor interferes, “why have you been, uhm, collecting our mail?"

"The Wall has lasted for a year. Most of ponyville was gone, I’ll have you know," he gripped. "Imagine how terrifying this was for the Realm. Of course, the EEA and its investigative experience was called to help. After all, one of the suspects in this affair was none other than the School of Friendship director, Miss Glimmer."

"Leave her out of that," Pikie erupts, pointing at him. "She's innocent."

"That's yet to be proven, Miss Pie."

As the argument intensifies, Mayor Mare swipes the book and turns it over, On it, the mark of a red and yellow sun.

PreviousChapters Next