• Published 1st Apr 2020
  • 1,450 Views, 28 Comments

Denouement Of Power: Forever A Ranger - TheSuperTransformerFan



A villainous alliance unleashes its unified might against Equestria and Earth, and it’s up to the Mane Six, their allies and the Power Rangers to save their worlds!

  • ...
4
 28
 1,450

Part 9: Tommy’s Backstory - Wild Force to RPM

Tommy smiled at the Pegasus that made that remark. “That’s right.” He told the Pegasus. “There is more to the story, and part of it will go back to me since I became a ranger again. Ready for the next part of my story?” He asked her.

Rainbow Dash was excited that she was going to hear more of the story. “Are...are you serious?! Yes, yes yes!” She shouted with glee.

(Watch the video from the 11:06 mark to the 13:26 mark, and then I’ll do the storytelling from there.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghv6Flo8vXs

“Alright then,” Tommy told them. “Here’s what happened next. Remember when Twilight said that some rangers never wanted their powers in the first place...well, she’s kinda half right.” Everyone started to gasp at what he just said. “However...Cole joined, and the Wild Force Rangers used spirits of the ancient animals to fight the orgs...creatures destermined to destroy the earth with pollution and destruction. The final member to join the team was Merrick, the Lunar Wolf!”

In Turtle Cove, the evil Orgs attempted to conquer the Earth through pollution. Cole Evans, Taylor Earhardt, Max Cooper, Danny Delgado and Alyssa Enrilé were all selected one-by-one to become the Power Rangers Wild Force, using powers created by the ancient Wild Zords to fight the threat. They were soon joined by a warrior from the past, Merrick, who became the Lunar Wolf Ranger and managed to put an end to the Orgs once and for all.

“Three unlikely ninja students harnessed the power of Earth, Air and Water.” Tommy continued. “It was the power of thunder that gave them their biggest challenge. But their greatest enemies proved to be their greatest allies.”

When the space ninja Lothor attacked Earth, three failing ninja students named Shane Clarke, Dustin Brooks and Tori Hanson were selected to become the Wind Rangers to fight the threat. They soon found themselves fighting the Thunder Rangers, Blake and Hunter Bradley, who had mistakenly been led to believe that the Wind Rangers were their enemies.

“With earth on the brink of destruction...” Tommy continued. “Another friend, Cam, went back in time to retrieve the one power that could save them all. The power...of the green samurai ranger. In their final battle against Lothor, the rangers made the ultimate sacrifice.”

Eventually becoming friends and joining forces, the team was later joined by their friend Cameron Watanabe who harnessed the power of the Green Samurai Ranger and completed the team. Using all their abilities, the Power Rangers Ninja Storm were able to defeat Lothor and send him into the Abyss of Evil.

“With the return of Mesogog, it became necessary to invoke the power of the Dino gems.” Tommy continued. “My students...Connor, Kira and Ethan...the Power Rangers Dino Thunder, were charged with protecting the planet. They soon clashed with Mesogog and his forces. I returned and became the black Dino Thunder ranger!” The heroes were shocked that Tommy returned to become a ranger, this time to join the Power Rangers Dino Thunder team. “Trent later joined the team as the white ranger after saving me from Zeltrax sending me to my doom. Together, we defeated Mesogog and Earth was safe once again. And guess what?” Tommy smiled as he would reveal the next part of the story that would shock everyone right to the bone. “Those rangers earlier today had teamed up with what I thought was a lavender unicorn battling Chrysalis in the frozen north.”

Twilight and the others were shocked as now they knew who they teamed up with earlier today. “Starlight!” They all said in shock and excitement.

“That’s right.” Tommy said, smiling at them.

Some years later, Tommy began teaching at Reefside High School, where his students included Kira Ford, Ethan James, and Conner McKnight. The three of them stumble across Dino Lab, Tommy's hidden retreat, and bonded with three of the Dino Gems that he had managed to recover. As such, the trio became the first three Dino Rangers. They soon clashed with Mesogog and his forces, which included Elsa-a villain disguised as the principal of Reefside High-and Zeltrax-a cyborg warrior who would later reveal a past acquaintance with Tommy. Tommy himself later took up the mantle of a Power Ranger again, bonding with a fourth Dino Gem to become the Black Ranger. This team of four continued for a time, until a dangerous new opponent entered the scene: Trent Mercer, who bonded with the White Dino Gem and was brainwashed by its evil energies to become an evil White Ranger.

“In the year 2025, cadets were trained by an elite officer named Doggie Kruger to become the Power Rangers S.P.D.” Tommy continued. “This unlikely team faced a number of battles with Emperor Gruumm and the criminals hired by him to attack the earth. In the process, they met a boy named Sam, possessing powers unlike the others and in the future, would become the Omega Ranger.”

In the year 2025, three SPD cadets: Sky, Bridge, and Syd are training in order to improve their skills. Soon, their commander Cruger sends them to catch a duo of market thieves: Jack and Z. The cadets chase the thieves and soon they battle 2-on-1 and 1-on-1 (by gender). The thieves are revealed to have powers, like the cadets themselves.

“Cruger later stepped up and became the Shadow Ranger, appearing only when the rangers were in dire need, defeating Gruumm, and saving the world once more.”

The unlikely new team fought a number of battles against Emperor Gruumm and the criminals hired by him to attack the Earth, particularly after the A-Squad left Earth to counter a distant threat. In the process, they met a young boy named Sam who possessed powers not unlike their own. Cruger revealed that the boy was the last child of a group of scientists who had worked on creating the SPD Morphers, with the other five children being the B-Squad Rangers themselves. Their strange powers were a result of their parents being exposed to the unique energy of the morphers. Sam was later brought into SPD, and became a member of C-Squad, with the aspiration of becoming a Ranger himself one day. Commander Cruger eventually took to the field himself alongside B-Squad after an old foe, General Benaag, reared his ugly head. The Troobian General had participated in the invasion and destruction of Cruger's home planet, Sirius, and was believed to have kidnapped Cruger's wife Isinia. Thus left the last of his kind, Cruger had put down his Shadow Saber and vowed never to fight again. However, when Benaag succeeded in kidnapping Kat Manx, Cruger's close friend and SPD technical genius, Cruger took up the Morpher she had recently created for him and became the SPD Shadow Ranger. However, he would not always enter battle, preferring to let the SPD Rangers continue to serve and protect unless the threat was dire enough.

“But in Briarwood, evil was also seeping in.” Tommy continued. “Nick arrived and met new friends...Chip, Vida, Maddie & Xander who all later became the Power Rangers Mystic Force! They defended the world from Koragg The Knight Wolf and his evil forces. Koragg was successful in freeing Morticon and became Imperious. The rangers were joined by Daggeron, and later Leanbow, Nick’s father who turned out to be Koragg. During the final battle, the citizens of Briarwood gave them the power to defeat the Master and the inhabitants of the two worlds came to dwell in peace together.”

Years later, Nick arrived in Briarwood, a town bordering a forest that contained a gateway to the mystic world. There he met Chip, Vida, Xander, and Madison, employees of the Rock Porium, where he later was hired. After encountering an old man-in reality Udonna in disguise-who claimed that his brother was lost in the woods, Nick agreed to go looking for him, and was accompanied by the others. In the forest they met Udonna, who informed them of their destiny to become the Mystic Rangers and defend both worlds from evil. Koragg was eventually successful in freeing Morticon, the Master's current general, from the Underworld by using the powers of Niella's daughter Clare to undo the spell her mother had cast years ago. However, the Rangers succeeded in vanquishing Morticon, with Koragg escaping to fight another day. They subsequently found the cave where Daggeron and Calindor had been imprisoned, and Calindor's mummified body was taken by Necrolai, queen of the vampires, and given new life as Imperious. The Rangers, meanwhile, acquired a new ally in Jenji the genie, and were later joined by Daggeron after Madison freed him from his imprisonment in the form of a frog. The Rangers continued to battle Imperious, Necrolai, and Koragg, eventually obtaining Legendary Powers that greatly augmented their abilities. After turning Nick into a second Koragg, he went after the Mystic Mother, source of all good magic, and seemingly destroyed her. He also managed to cut down Leanbow and Daggeron, and stripped the Rangers of their powers as well. However, thanks to Necrolai and Itassis-the latter another Terror who had turned against her fellows-Leanbow and Daggeron were revived and the remaining Terrors destroyed, while the Mystic Mother proved to be alive and well. The citizens of Briarwood and the forest then joined together in support of the Rangers, giving them renewed powers that proved too much for the Master to consume. With the monster defeated, the inhabitants of the two worlds came to dwell in peace together.

“But then...and now, here’s the part where things get awesome!” He told them. “Rainbow gawked and smiled in excitement as she knew what that would mean!

“You mean...?” She asked in a fusion of worry and excitement and glee!

“That’s right, Rainbow Dash.” Tommy said. “This next part of my story is the awesome part! When Flurious and Moltar were free by the Corona Aurora, four teens were chosen...Dax, Will, Rose and Ronny to become the next team of Power Rangers! When lava lizards arrived and captured Andrew Hartford, his son Mack stood up to the plate and became the Overdrive red Ranger!” Rainbow Dash ended up gawking in excitement even more as she was hearing the best part of the story that would become her favourite part!

Two years after his activation his father had found the Corona Aurora, and it had released Moltor and Flurious from their imprisonment. The Sentinel Knight then appeared to Andrew Hartford to convince him it was now his responsibility to protect the crown and its jewels from evil. Andrew then went to work building the Overdrive Rangers's powers, zords, and weapons. Andrew then recruited Will Aston, Dax Lo, Ronny Robinson, and Rose Ortiz to be Power Rangers, as it was his intention to become the Red Ranger. After convincing that group to become Rangers, he altered their DNA to have genetic powers. As Mr. Hartford was about to get his enhancement, Mack walked in, interrupting the procedure. This caused an impromptu meeting between Mack and Andrew. Moltor's Lava Lizards then came to the Hartford estate, causing the Rangers to have to take off. Andrew gave the Rangers their morphers, and had them go ahead. Andrew was about to morph and join the four recruits, but was captured by some Lava Lizards, causing his morpher to break free. Mack picked up the morpher and morphed into the Red Overdrive Ranger. He led the other Rangers to a victory over the Chillers and Lava Lizards. He showed bravery and quick tactical thinking in his first battle and was quickly accepted and trusted as leader by the other Rangers.

“But when the Fearcats arrived on Earth, a mercurian Named Tyzonn chased them down to earth.” Tommy continued. “He encountered Moltar who promised to turn him back into a human if he joined him. But the Rangers saved him. And thanks to Ronny telling him that the past was not his fault, he joined the team as the mercury ranger.”

Tyzonn managed to track the Fearcats all the way to Earth but his search was cut short when he was confronted by Moltor try to get Tyzonn to join him to help find the parchment but he refused which angered him. He uses dark magic bolts on him which caused him to fall and drop his crystal. He stepped on it but he was shocked and swore revenge on him. Moltor also swore revenge on him for coming to Earth. He attacked and transformed him into a dragon-like monster. He was shocked that he was a monster. He considered Moltor a monster. To Moltor, he wasn't a monster. So he gave him a mirror to look at his monstrous form and still shocked. In exchange for his loyalty, he promised to turn him back to normal. He cried over his monstrous form. However, Mack realized that he was not a villain and the Rangers worked with him to retrieve the Parchment as well as the Touru Diamond. He looked at the reflection of water in his monstrous form but he still hated that. Mack calmed him down. He felt that working for Moltor was wrong. He told him that destruction has to stop and that he didn't care about his agreement anymore. When the Fearcats attacked anew with extra power granted by Flurious, Andrew Hartford thought Tyzonn refused. He wanted to join the other Rangers in battle but he was unable to join due to the fear of causing the deaths of another group of friends. However, thanks to Ronny convincing him that his past experiences weren't his fault, he was able to move on and took the powers of the Mercury Ranger to combat the Fearcats alongside his new team.

“When Thrax, the son of Rita and Zedd arrived on Earth, he severed the ranger’s Morphin grid.” Tommy continued. “Tori, Kira, Bridge, Xander and Adam all returned and decided to become the new rangers until the others could get their powers back. After Mack found Excelsior, a legendary golden sword, he brought it to Sentinel Knight and gave him a new powered form!” Together, the overdrive rangers and retro rangers defeated Thrax and his evil alliance.”

After Thrax, son of Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd, was freed, he recruited all the villains who have been searching for the Jewels of the Corona AuroraFlurious, Moltor, Kamdor, Miratrix, and the Fearcats Mig and Benglo, to unite with him temporarily. By severing their connection to the Morphing Grid forever, the temporary Evil Alliance destroyed the Rangers' powers, and Andrew Hartford couldn't fix their destroyed morphers. They used their genetically enhanced skills in an attempt to defeat the villains, but fared no better, so the Sentinel Knightrecruited five Rangers from the past — Kira Ford, Xander Bly, Adam Park, Bridge Carson, and Tori Hanson, to replace the Overdrive Rangers until their connection to the Morphing Grid was restored. Meanwhile, Mack convinced the Rangers that they will always be Rangers, powers or not, and they all attempted to free Excelsior from the Warrior-Goddess' hands. The statue came to life and gave them the sword, sensing the shared friendship and combined conviction in their hearts. Then, Mack headed to the battlefield, where the Retro Rangers were about to be destroyed, and used the Sword Excelsior to destroy Vulturus. Meanwhile, Adam reactivated Alpha 6 and teleported him inside the Morphing Grid, where he fixed the severed connection, restoring the Overdrive Rangers' powers. Mack handed Sentinel Knight the Excelsior sword, which gave the Knight a Cyborg form.

Confronting the "Evil Alliance", all 11 Rangers morphed and battle the villains. Adam battled Thrax. Bridge and Mack teamed up to defeat Flurious. Dax, Will and Xander defeated the Fear Cats. Tori and Rose battled Moltorand his Lava Lizards, and Kira and Ronny teamed up against Kamdor and Miratrix. Tyzonn was able to destroy the newly revived Vulturus and Flurious's Chillers. To finish the battle, the Sentinel Knight arrives in his Cyborg form and destroyed Thrax, and then joined the Rangers in defeating the rest of the villains, the villains then retreated.

“However, when Flurious acquired the Corona Aurora, he became Flurrex!” Tommy continued. “He was almost unstoppable. Only Mack and his battlizer...sentinel Knight could stop him. He sacrificed himself to save everyone at the cost of his life. But, Sentinel Knight revived him, losing his android powers, but also turning him into a real human.”

Mack realized his father cared for him when Flurious threatened to kill Mack for the jewels, causing Andrew to trade the jewels for Mack. After this, Mack began calling him "Dad" again. Mack uses up all his power in the final battle with Flurious to destroy the villain, but unfortunately, depleting his own power and causing severe internal damage. The other Overdrive Rangers rushed him back to Andrew, who sadly informed the Rangers that the damage to Mack's systems was too severe to be repaired, which means they lost him, and while another android could be built - that android, while it would look like Mack, would not be the Mack they knew. Seconds later, the Sentinel Knight arrived to offer his congratulations, and was perplexed by the Rangers's reactions, until he learned that 'the valiant Red Warrior' had fallen in battle to the Corona Aurora. As he reminded them of the power of the Corona Aurora, Andrew sadly said that it was impossible to bring Mack back to life as he was only a machine, but the Knight mused that Mack had fought with too much heart to be anything other than 'real'. Using the power of the Corona Aurora (placed upon Mack's head), the Sentinel Knight not only revived Mack, but turned him into an actual human being.

“Wait...“ Rainbow Dash said. “So, instead of being a normal human at first, he was an Android?!” Tommy nodded. “And after he sacrificed himself to stop Flurious, Sentinel Knight turned him into a real boy?” She asked in excitement. Tommy nodded again.

Applejack was shocked by this, so was Twilight. “Like Pinocchio.” Twilight and Applejack both wondered.

Rainbow Dash was still excited as she was wanting to hear more of the story. “Oooohhh!” She shouted with glee. “Tell me more, Tommy! I’m just dying to know what happens next in the fantastic history of the Power Rangers!” She jumped and flew up in the air, landing gracefully.

“All right.” Tommy said. “This next part took place not at a natural museum. But Kung-Fu.” Tommy continued his story. “Three top students, Jerrod, Theo and Casey were chosen to be the guardians of the next villain a new team of rangers would face...Dai Shi! But Jerrod was kicked out due to his unruly nature. As a result, he became Dai Shi and Casey was chosen to be the leader along with his friends to become the Power Rangers Jungle Fury!”

Three of their top students, Jarrod, Lily Chilman, and Theo Martin, are chosen by Master Mao to be the guardians of the Dai Shi. However, due to Jarrod's unruly behavior with newbie Casey Rhodes, he is expelled from the Order and Casey took his place instead. Jarrod's retaliation results in Dai Shi's escape and Master Mao's death. The trio are sent to find a new master and he gives them the special gift to become Power Rangers. They alone are the Earth's only hope to stop the army of evil animal spirits from overtaking the human world.

“RJ became the ranger’s new mentor and in turn became the wolf ranger! His old friend, Dominic also joined the team as well after being given the Rhino Steel Megazord.”

Once, he sacrificed himself to be captured in place of the Rangers. Dai Shi uses this time to attempt to steal the Wolf Spirit. He fails to take it but derails the spirit so badly that RJ experiences a period of time when he uncontrollably becomes his animal form. Later on, Fran is able to help him keep it at bay and he decides to use a secret item he's been keeping, the Wolf Morpher, and becomes the Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger. After six years, he returns but is initially rejected by the other Rangers because the Rangers think he isn't serious enough to become a Ranger, due to Dominic playing a friendly prank on the Rangers earlier. Dominic is the classic lazy genius; he has high martial arts potential but is also a slacker and scatterbrain who tends to never get anything right.

That is, until he saves Fran with the refined techniques he developed in his travels, which causes him to gain trust from the other Rangers. Dominic pilots the Rhino Steel Zord that is the chariot for Jungle Pride Megazord and Jungle Master Megazord. Dominic is different than Casey, Lily, Theo, and RJ as he cannot summon his Zord from his body. Dominic gets around this by using the Control Dagger and was selected to be a Ranger for his martial arts ability. Unlike the other Jungle Fury Rangers, Dominic does not become a Master, possibly due to his laziness, and probably not wanting to.

“When Dai Shi returned to start a new beast war, Jerrod and Camille joined and together, they combined their powers and weakened Dai Shi, destroying him and ending the Beast War.”

Ashamed of his bad deeds, Jarrod refuses to help again when Scorch and Dai Shi begin a new Beast War. Dai Shi opens up a portal to the Spirit World and resurrects all his fallen warriors, including the fallen masters. Jarrod finally decides to join them as well and helps weaken Dai Shi and the three protectors finally destroy Dai Shi forever.

“Meanwhile, I’m the domed city of Corinth, a computer virus, Venjix built a massive army of robotic soldiers to take control of our world.” Tommy said. “Doctor K escaped Venjix and his forces to create a new team of rangers...RPM to get in gear! They were the team that would not only defend Corinth but also our world.”

The mysterious and sinister Venjix Computer Network attacked humanity three years later, conquering and devastating almost the entire planet. Fortunately, mankind has retreated from the threat into environmentally-shielded dome city of Corinth. Doctor K escaped Venjix forces to Corinth and assembled an elite force of Rangers, operating an arsenal of radically advanced biotech vehicles.

The other heroes were shocked at learning about all these new teams of rangers that they didn’t know what else to think right now. “Whoa.” Fluttershy said in shock. “You’re saying that there were other types of rangers? Like magicians, Treasure Hunters, police officers and...Ninjas??” Tommy nodded.

“This seems like...a lot.” Rarity said because of all the knowledge she and her friends were learning.

“I’m right with Rarity.” Twilight said. “And like I said, some rangers don’t even HAVE their powers anymore.

“Hold onto your seats.” Tommy told them. “Because this next part of my story will have two parts of ranger team stories.”

Rainbow Dash was even more excited as she wanted to know more about the ranger legacy. “Tell us more, Tommy!” She said. “I want to more about the next few teams of rangers with the two-part stories!” She smiled in glee, and noticed her friends right there with her. They all smiled with her too and were interested in what he wanted to hear.

“You got it.” Tommy said, smiling. “Next parts of the story are going to have two parts...more than one part. Can you handle that?” They all nodded. “Good, because the next part of the story is going to epic and showy.”

Author's Note:

And that’s the third part of Tommy’s backstory! Rainbow Dash is already interested and her friends want to know more too! What new information will Tommy reveal to them about the next few teams, and what about Starlight and the other legendary rangers? Find out in the final part of Tommy’s Backstory and of the heroes will stage a rescue to rescue Devon and Ravi! Stay tuned.