• Published 2nd Feb 2020
  • 1,506 Views, 31 Comments

Perspectives - StunningSwan



“Do you have any last words?” “Father please! I’ve been framed! Please listen to your daughter” “You were never my daughter” Shining said as he stared at Flurry with his usually cold glare.

  • ...
4
 31
 1,506

Flurry Heart II

It has been a month since Skyla was revealed to the kingdom. During that time, I have been helping her fit into her new position. She assimilated really well. Honestly, that is an understatement. She turned out practically perfect.

Skyla is now the talk of the kingdom. The ‘lovely princess’ they always wanted finally came out from hiding. Everyone adores her, even father.

It’s not a lie when I say, I envy her. She became somepony I always wanted to be. A pony that is loved.

Not to mention, ever since she started to live in the palace, the staff has mocked me even more.

Nevertheless, she is my sister. And like everypony else, I too adore her.

But enough about Skyla, let’s focus on my story.

Today, I am attending the Chevalier Games, an event where knights compete in games and afterwards, there is a ceremony where knights are promoted to a new rank.

I’m usually not allowed to go to events like these but, I am willing to sneak out for a certain stallion. This certain stallion is becoming Captain today. The same stallion that personally invited me to come. As most of you can guess, it’s Pound Cake.

I did not want this opportunity to go to waste.

I sneaked out without Starlight noticing and went to the arena, where the Games are presiding.

In order to not get noticed, I went to the commoners’ section. I sat at the very top corner of the area to get a good view. Little did I know, my section was directly across from the balcony where the Emperor watches.

I can clearly see the Emperor with Skyla, who is looking over the balcony looking happy as ever. I looked down to the arena to stop my jealousy from growing. As I did, the knights started to come out.

I see Pound Cake coming out in his shining armor. He looks at the crowd and I can hear the noble mares screaming his name. He suddenly turns to my section and our eyes meet. I can feel my heart start to beat fast.

He winks at me and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

I never thought I would get the chance of viewing an event like this. Nevertheless, with Pound Cake in it. I am definitely going to cherish it. Let the games begin.


The games have ended and the event is now transitioning into the Knighting Ceremony. I left after the games finished and I’m trying to sneak back to my suite.

As I was sneaking back I heard some hoofsteps. I quickly hid in a bush and waited for the stranger to walk past me, but as I waited, I could hear the hoofsteps become louder.

I am going to get caught. And if someone tells the Emperor, I’ll surely be dead.

“You thought I didn’t see you?”, a familiar voice says.

I looked toward the voice and it was Pound Cake. You don’t know how relieved I am.

He helped me out of the bushes and said, “Why did you leave early? You know there’s still the Knighting Ceremony right?”.

“Of course I know that. I was just scared I was going to get caught sneaking out”

Pound sighed, “I guess it can’t be helped”

He sounded sad. Did he want me to be there to see him become Captain so badly? No, it can’t be. He is just trying to be friendly.

He scratches his head and says, “I’m sorry, I should have been more considerate”.

I felt my face getting warm. He is so cute when he looks guilty.

“Why do you want me to be there?”, I impulsively say.

Pound flinches. I can see a dim flush growing on his face.

I avoided making eye contact with him and continued quietly, “After all, Skyla is there. Why should you care that Lowly Princess attends when you already got the Lovely one?”.

“Don’t say that!”

I flinch.

He turns my head to him, “I hate it when you lower yourself to something you are not. Others may see that in their own eyes but I don’t. You shouldn’t too”

His words brings me back to the time when we first met. Tears start to flow out. Pound really knows how to swoon mares over. I have been trying to avoid the feelings that I have been having over him but I don’t know how long I can hold back.

“I like you Pound”

His eyes widened. I avoided looking at his reaction and continued, “You always made me feel like I am worth more. I don’t know how you do it but you somehow always make me feel happy with your presence”

He wipes my tears away and says, “I like you too Flurry”.

I look up towards him and see his shining smile. “B-but, how about Skyla? Aren’t you too close?”

He shakes his head. “Skyla is like a little sister to me. I could never have feelings for her. I always had feelings for you Flurry, probably since the first day I met you”

“Pound . . .”

I got closer to him and before I knew it, we kissed.


It’s been a week since the Chevalier Games. It’s been a week since I confessed to him. And now, I can’t stop having dreams about Pound. Am I being weird?

Moving forward, I am having tea with Skyla today. She says she has some wonderful news to tell me.

I bet she is going to talk about her time with the Emperor again like every other time. I don’t mind though. At least one of us can be happy for the other.

“Flurry, Princess Skyla is here”, Starlight said.

Skyla came from behind Starlight and came to me. “Sister!”. She walks over and nuzzles me.

“You look cheerful as ever”, I commented.

“I can’t wait any longer to tell you”

I chuckle. I can never despise this bundle of joy. “Let’s sit and we can continue”

We sat at my tea table as Starlight left the room. “So tell me, what wonderful news do you have for me this time? Is it about the Emperor again?”

Skyla shakes her head. “Not this time. Well technically, father is in it but, he’s not part of the whole thing. I mean, it’s actually thanks to father that this wonderful news was made possible”

I clear my throat to signal Skyla that she is rambling.

Skyla stops herself and says, “Sorry”

I pass Skyla her cup of tea that I personally brewed. “It’s fine Skyla.”

Skyla picks up her cup, “Passion Flower Tea?”

“Your favorite”

Skyla sips it and sighs. “It tastes lovely. What makes it more special is that you personally brewed this”

I chuckle and roll my eyes. “So aren’t you going to tell me what this wonderful news is?”

“Oh right! I’m engaged to Pound Cake!”

I flinched. Did I misheard that? “Wait . . . what?”

Skyla squeals, “I’m engaged to Pound Cake!”

I can feel my heart starting to crack. “H-how?! When?!”

“Pound proposed to me two days ago. It was so romantic. He did it on a beautiful day and in the beautiful garden. I wish you were there to see it”

I clear my throat. “Is that all?”. I could not help myself, even though I don’t want to hear anymore, I want to hear more.

“Father was behind it too. He knew for awhile”

“Is . . . is that so?”. I try to keep how I truly feel in but I feel like I am going to break any second now.

She keeps on rambling while I start to space out. I start to think back to when me and Pound kiss. How did that moment turn to him proposing to Skyla? Did I even mean anything to him?

I start to make up excuses on why Pound would do this. Did the Emperor force Pound to marry Skyla because he knows Skyla likes him? Did the Marquis plan this? Or did Pound just wanted to play with my feelings?

My thoughts change as I start to think about Skyla. I can feel my envy grow. Why did she have to take everything from me? She took my father from me. She took everypony’s affection from me. And now, she has Pound Cake.

I stop myself from having those bitter thoughts.

No, Skyla did nothing wrong. I shouldn’t be blaming her. She has been nothing but good to me. Skyla was just born to be lucky. Lucky enough to have everything I wanted.

“Sister?”

I regain my focus and smile. I didn’t know smiling would hurt this much.

“I’m . . . I’m happy for you Skyla”.

“Thank-”, before Skyla could finish, I see her drop her cup of tea. As the tea spills, Skyla collapses on the table.

“Skyla!”


It’s been five days since Skyla told me about her engagement. It’s been five days since she collapsed and fell into a coma. And since I was there at the time of her collapse, I am being blamed for her poisoning.

I was taken to the dungeon and got locked up in a cell. Nothing but a flame as light to look at for five days. I had a lot to think about during that time. Like how Skyla was born to be fortunate and happy, I was born to be unfortunate and miserable. I just wondered why.

Two guards come up to my cell. They open it while I wonder what they are going to do. “The Emperor wants you”.

I scoff. I never thought I would hear that in a million years.

The guards then forcibly drag me out. I couldn’t fight them back, they were too strong. I just let them hurt me while I feel the pain. While my fore legs were being painfully pulled, my hind legs were being scraped from being dragged.

Once they brought me to the throne room, they threw me in the center and left. The room was dark, the windows were covered with curtains. Only a few torches were lighting parts of the room.

I tried to get up but my legs were still hurt from being painfully dragged here. All I can do is lie there and move my head around.

I see a pink light ahead of me. The light comes closer as I hear the hoofsteps become louder. It was the Emperor with his pink aura. He looks angry.

“What you did to Skyla was unacceptable, but I shouldn’t be surprised that a bug like you did this.”

I haven’t heard him say that name in front of me for a while. When I heard him call me a bug for the first time when I was small, I simply thought it was a cute nickname and he was starting to like me. How wrong I was.

I was too scared to say anything. I just kept staring at him.

“You were going to have a public execution but I’ll give you a nice gift”

I start to tremble.

“I’ll make this execution only between us, so the last thing you’ll see is me”

I see his horn starting to glow even brighter.

I always knew my death would be ended by my own father. I didn’t know it would be today though.

“Do you have any last words?”

“Father please! I’ve been framed! Please listen to your daughter”

“You were never my daughter” Shining said as he stared at me with his usually cold glare.

Skyla suddenly barges in shouting, “Father wait!”

Author's Note:

Pound Cake's POV is next